I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. TinkleTinkleArgh

TinkleTinkleArgh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      covid-19 vaccine
      David, you say that Tinnitus Mix doesn’t work for reactive tinnitus but helps hyperacusis.

Many people with hyperacusis have reactive tinnitus. Bummed I can’t try this.

2. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Consider yourself lucky.

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      What do you mean? My new improved version works fantascially well, now that I've added a laugh track.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well you may try it on high frequency speakers but we are still testing and trying to see if there is a protocol that works for reactive tinnitus.

5. Davek

Davek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1984
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Double Barreled Citori 12 gauge shotgun
      @R. David Case:

I have Oticon More hearing aids. Can they be used to listen to Tinnitus Mix or do you recommend using your recommended headphones?

Thanks,
      Davek

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You must use the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones because hearing aids do not go high enough in frequency to make the ultra sonic harmonics.

7. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      Is it really good to listen to audio long term, i.e. during all the hours of sleep?

I'm still scared of listening to this despite wanting to give it a try and having the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones. :confused:

I found the question Does prolonged exposure to low pitch but low volume noise affect hearing or stress? and a response from one who claims to be a ”Noise Engineer” who says this:

”I am a Noise Engineer and an Air-conditioning (Mechanical) Engineer, and it is my job to understand the effects of noise to our hearing capability. To start with an analogy, can you smell yourself on your pillow that you used for a long time (say 3 months)? You cannot, but a visitor who just borrowed your pillow for a night can smell it.

Now to answer the question directly, a "prolonged and constant" exposure to a low level noise, even less than 30 dBA (whisper), can cause hearing loss. Specific study showed that exposure to 40 dBA on specific frequency for 3 months will cause a hearing loss on that frequency. Notorious about this common occupational risk are those working in an improperly designed air handling system, those living/working a 2 km radius from a Wind Turbine, those living within a 1.5 km from a sub-station transformer, and many more.

What causes hearing loss is not the sound(pressure/level) itself, but the SOUND POWER. Power is a product of sound level/pressure/energy and TIME! A Firecracker is an explosion that has very high sound energy but short duration. A wind turbine sound has very low sound energy but very long duration. In effect, the product or result is the same.

I hope this has answered directly the question and put the issue to rest.”

What do you think of that, @R. David Case?

I know they're speaking of a constant frequency there, but I wonder if listening to the same sound/music over and over won't risk damaging the hearing too? I'm afraid that's what I have done to my left ear and I was listening to music with my phone in speaker mode next to me in bed at a volume of average 35 dB sometimes peaking at 50 dB. Shouldn't be harmful, but I've been playing the same tracks (which all are quite similar – sweeping synth and piano) over and over again for many nights in a row.

Here's what I listened to when I got my latest tinnitus – ”Sleeping Music” on the service Tidal:

https://tidal.com/browse/album/77525403

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I totally agree that noise can cause many problems, using headphones and noise exposure can even cause tinnitus and hearing loss. The weirdest thing is that Tinnitus Mix, when played on Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones causes neuroplasticity (neural healing or rebooting) so these specific sounds in Tinnitus Mix (and the 2.8 MHz) has stopped sound induced tinnitus in hundreds of people (band members, etc.), and improved hearing in many others. Several people on this forum reported improved hearing after using Tinnitus Mix per instructions. if you play it too loud or use wrong headphones, it won't work.

hearing improved 2.png

hearing improved 5.png

hearing improved with therapy.png

• Useful Useful x 1
    9. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      @R. David Case, I have been on and off reading this thread since I got tinnitus in my head a couple of years ago. I even went so far as to buy the recommended headphones and give it a try, though I’m afraid it seemed rather harsh so I didn’t give it much of a try.

I try to accept at face value what you say about the success of your treatment, but one thing that has kind of rubbed me as odd, as I am sure it has for other folks here, is that you always seem to reference anonymous positive reviews from people not on this forum.

Is it possible for you to give some Tinnitus Talk member success stories instead of offsite testimonials? I’m sure dozens if not hundreds of folks from Tinnitus Talk have tried it by now.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      If you read the whole thread, you would see all of the positive posts from Tinnitus Talk members. Many here are scared to post positive results because members will ridicule them in disbelief. Many that see good results don't want their name plastered all over the internet, I don't blame them, so I try to remove names. Only about 19 people report trying Tinnitus Mix on this thread, about 12 report good results:

from t talk t gone best.png

brian douglas testimony.png

brian cures 6 year old.png

from t talk t gone.png

Screenshot_2019-06-17 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

Screenshot_2019-06-15 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(3).png

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(6).png

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(13).png

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(9).png

• Like Like x 1
    11. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      For what it is worth, I would imagine that far more than 19 people have given this a try after 98 pages of a discussion thread. For example I gave it a brief try before putting the headphones back on the shelf, but never made any comment.

Thanks for offering the examples, but is there any chance you can just give the user names instead of screenshots? Time stamp and names are cut off of many of these making it difficult to validate. With the user names I can just do a search on this thread and see the entirety of their experience rather than a singular snapshot in time. I think we've all tried something that seemed to be working but over time proved to be placebo effect. With all due respect (and I mean that) it is kind of like offering the unanimous off site reviews; the information restriction makes it all feel weird somehow as if you don't want people being able to confirm the reality of your claims.
      David, we thump thumbs on the back of our heads, eat every supplement imaginable, fast, give up coffee, alcohol, music, zap our tongues while listening to weird noises, get experimental drugs injected into our ears, walk around with earplugs in, give up hobbies and friends, spend thousand of dollars on useless treatments, I even went to a traditional healer who blew smoke over me and stuck his fingers so far in my ears I thought they would touch in the middle, and we post our way without embarrassment on Tinnitus Talk through every step of the journey; playing some sounds on headphones while sleeping is one of the last strange things I have tried and hardly ridicule worthy.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    12. Bob1234

Bob1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones
      Another fascinating thread on Tinnitus Talk. This forum is interesting to say the least... not sure what to think of this one. Who knew getting tinnitus would expose me to all of this :)

What are the Sony noise-cancelling headphones that have worked with Tinnitus Mix, David? I have the MX3. I might give this a shot.

13. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I am very, very far away from being a medical professional, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but as you just got tinnitus last month caused by headphone use, I think the overwhelming consensus from both the Tinnitus Talk community and from the medical community would be to stay away from headphones for the time being.

• Agree Agree x 3
    14. Bob1234

Bob1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones
      Thanks AfroSnowman, I agree. I got wrapped up in reading this thread. I haven't been using headphones since this started.

• Like Like x 1
    15. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      Way more people than 19 tried this and for most of us it didn't work. That statement alone should make people pause. There were a few days that I thought that it might be working, but it didn't offer me any long term relief except for comic relief. After i laughed I started to be able to accept the fact that loud tinnitus is my new normal.

A year and a half later it bothers me way less than it did. Is that a success story? I better watch out what I say because I might end up on David's win list.

• Like Like x 2
    16. Ehren M
      Nerdy

Ehren M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/24/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Well said, @AfroSnowman!

I'm no doubter or naysayer, @R. David Case, but I do believe in the power of statistics to sort fact from fiction. Doing stats and coding are a big part of my daily job. That said, if you have data you could supply to me that shows the number of people who have tried your product and the number who have benefitted from it, I will donate my time to analyze that dataset (some kind of generalized linear model with a binomial distribution) and report the results here. Surely the data will not have been binned by participant characteristics, but it could help others here (including myself) know whether it's worthwhile to continue adding to this thread. The analysis for that kind of data is extremely simple... there is truly no reason whatsoever not to do such an analysis. If what you say is true, the results I'll provide would only strengthen your case. Let me know if you would send that dataset over to me.

Ciao!

EDIT: With David's data, I would also like to solicit responses from people here or elsewhere who (1) have tinnitus, and (2) have listened to something on headphones at some point in time while having tinnitus. This would enable comparisons among the two groups. Super not FDA-approved, FYI, but hell, it's better than 98 pages of conjecture :D

• Like Like x 3
    17. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      @R. David Case, as I asked in the previous post, any chance you could share the user names of those you cited so that I can do a quick search on this thread to make an assessment of their outcomes?

Thanks.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You will just have to read the thread, I screenshot successful posts and tried to remove user names so they would not get mad at me for reposting. @JohnAdams refused to get the Koss headphones even when I offered to buy them for him myself and he still had good results. It is so hard to get people to follow instructions, they just want to use headphones they already have.

Screenshot_2019-11-19 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(2).png

from t talk t gone best.png

Screenshot_2019-06-15 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's great. If you read the entire thread you will find that about 60% of those that said they tried Tinnitus Mix got good results. I think you are right that many more people have tried Tinnitus Mix and got good results but never post ANYTHING. So I can't count them, only the ones that post results. I get emails all the time saying "sorry, it's been 8 months and I have not got back with you but your CD worked great."

Tinnitus Mix can remove several PHANTOM sounds such as voices (V2K), tinnitus, clicking sounds, and TTTS:

v2k gone best 1.png

t gone michelle B.PNG

t gone from t talk.PNG

therapy cured TTTS.png

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I agree totally that some sounds played over headphones (especially poor quality ones) can cause tinnitus. My girlfriend got tinnitus from working at McDonalds by using their headphones. But here is what makes Tinnitus Mix different and what makes it knock out tinnitus: the buttercake of sound waves are forming a 2.8 MHz harmonic, when this harmonic hits the coils of the KOSS KTX-PRO1 headphones, the harmonic is reproduced by way of MAGNETOSTRICTION. No other system does that out there.

sounds graph dave case sounds.png

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 09-24-22 Magnetostriction - Wikipedia.png

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      There are only a few headphones that will reproduce the 2.8 MHz harmonic. The best is the Koss KTX-PRO1 and they are dirt cheap at $19. Another one is the earbuds by 1MORE brand called Triple Drivers. And then there is the Bose noise-cancelling headphones at $350.

Screenshot_2021-02-06 Edit Page ‹ EMF shielding v2k shielding — WordPress.png

Screenshot_2021-01-22 (1) Anti-Tinnitus Sound Therapy System Facebook.png

22. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I'm no doctor but I think you are giving very dangerous advice if you are recommending people with recent onset tinnitus from noise trauma to use your or any sound therapy.

Secondly, I have noted that though you quickly share and celebrate your collection of anonymous and screen clipped success stories, you haven't provided the Tinnitus Talk usernames who posted successes so we can check their case histories for ourselves. Again having a copy and paste of a single post saying they are doing great doesn't show us whether that was a singular report after which they returned to baseline or became worse.

Secrecy isn't cool, especially with the medical claims you are making to desperate people. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, it seems really particular that you don't share the usernames so we can't check against your claims for ourselves.

It seems intentional that you cut off the username and date from success posts. People publicly posting on this thread are doing so to share their information and experiences for the common good, not to be selectively edited to justify a point.

• Like Like x 4
    23. Ultra
      Depressed

Ultra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There is a simple way to find those posts in this thread. As these are screenshots, you can't copy and paste, but just write down a phrase from the post you want to find, go to Search , type in the phrase ( make sure no typos) and select "Search in this thread only". You will get the original posts in their contexts.

I found 2 posts already.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    24. Ultra
      Depressed

Ultra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Which ones? The QC 35? I have those already.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, I believe those are the ones. If you use the wrong headphones it could cause temporary spike in tinnitus (1-2 days). That's why I am so insistent on using the right headphones.

tyred other headphones name removed.png

went to ent  t gone.png

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      As @Ultra said, you can search and read all posts yourself. You don't seem to want to read the thread and want me to do everything for you.

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(4).png

27. Ehren M
      Nerdy

Ehren M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/24/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Sifting through 98 pages of literature to find data points is not a good use of my time. You are the expert of your system, so if you indeed have data, I will donate my expertise in statistics to analyze those data, as I suggested. Keep in mind that missing data (i.e. folks who don't provide feedback on your system) is not data, so they don't count. Vague responses are also not data, so statements such as "CD worked great" does not allow us to use a binary scoring system of "yes, it worked for me" versus "no, didn't work for me".

Let me know if you'd like to help out as I suggest by providing hard numbers in the form of 1's (decreased or eliminated tinnitus) and 0's (no decrease or elimination of tinnitus). If not, no worries... but I think if you choose to not provide the data you have, then others here will find it easier to make their decision of whether or not to try your system. Simplicity :)

Thanks again for your reply and for the care you show here to us all.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      How are you playing Tinnitus Mix on speakers? Are you still getting better sleep from using Tinnitus Mix?

29. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Come on. Please share the names of folks from Tinnitus Talk that have reported on using your system. You have them or at least the subset that have reported positive results.

I want it to work, I really do but if doesn’t let’s all be honest about it. Maybe it works for 10% of the people, maybe it works for a subtype, maybe it helps a little bit like Lenire, who knows? It is impossible to tell from your anonymous quotes and screen grabs that cut off names.

You aren’t changing people money for this but you are charging them their attention and hope, feeding desperate people with the promise if they just do the last little tweak they’ll get the relief you promise.

Again I want your therapy to be effective but, after 98 pages of people trying and experimenting with your sound therapy, let’s take an honest look at what and how and how much it worked or didn’t.

Hiding your results doesn’t help anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    30. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1