I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The main problem we run into is the headphones falling off in the middle of the night, this allows the tinnitus to reform and all positive gains are gone by morning. Tinnitus Mix only knocks out tinnitus for several weeks or months if you play it every night, all night without skipping a night, or the tinnitus reforms. Some do get permanent relief and some may have to play it once a week as maintenance. If sleeping on the side is hard, you can cut a hole in a cheap foam pillow and then the earpiece fits right into the hole, you don't even feel the headphones on you then.

I know Dr. De Ridder gave the sound file to a number of patients to test but was not aware that if the headphones fall off in the middle of night, the person will not have good results. So without explaining this to patients, the results would be much lower than mine. I follow up with people that get my CD many times in the first few weeks to help them overcome issues with using the headphones and the protocol, that's why my success rate is close to 50%, and his was only 20%.

I find it is extremely hard to get people to follow instructions.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 08-43-00 pillow with hole - Google Search.png

2. Stuart-T

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      Thanks for your reply. I am fortunate at the moment with fairly low level tinnitus. However - if it increases and starts to seriously affect my life, I will certainly try your method down to the last detail.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Mikejones

Mikejones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How can I listen to Tinnitus Mix when I'm asleep if the sound is only about an hour long? How can I make it play all night?

4. Adrian2005

Adrian2005 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Mike, you can play the track in "loop" mode, with this functionality the only end happens when your battery runs out.

• Agree Agree x 1