I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      Thanks @EDDTEKK - did someone at Brai3n claim the 20% figure or are you surmising?

2. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      No, I just wrote what Brai3n told me.

3. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So 20% - hmmm. I wonder how many of their patients have tried it with the recommended protocol.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      This is not better than any other sound therapy. If you have actual physiological hearing damage this will not work. In the 106 pages of this thread and more than two years of existence, there are just a few random, anecdotal reports that it might help.

In summary, overrated and only maintained by continuous acts of faith by the sound file originator. This is not solution for the majority of tinnitus sufferers.

Try at your own risk, and please post the lack of meaningful results beyond placebo and simple plain habituation. I acknowledge that anyone exposed to the Tinnitus Mix will find its own tinnitus to be nicer than that barrage of random noise.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. ma7555
      Doubtful

ma7555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bupropion
      Should I try Tinnitus Mix with these headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-M50?

Says they go up to 28 kHz.

upload_2022-5-12_15-28-2.png

6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's also not a particularly useful metric if you can't compare it to a control group.

This post indicates better outcomes when you do nothing, so it's not unreasonable to think that this "treatment" could actually be making things worse.

Not to mention that "being helped" is quite a vague statement. None of this seems very scientific, I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You must use one of these headphones or earbuds to see results. We believe the reason is only these are producing the ultra high harmonics through MAGNETOSTRICTION.

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 07-43-28 Magnetostriction - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 07-59-38 koss ktx-pro1 - Google Search.png

earbuds.png

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      First of all, none of you know what you are talking about, Dr. De Ridder only tested Tinnitus Mix on a few types of tinnitus and he is so busy I don't think he got my emails on the protocol on how to use the Koss headphones. In other words, if the headphones fall off in the middle of the night, then there will be no results. We have found putting sock hat over the headphones keeps them on. And if you cut a hole in a foam pillow you can sleep on your side with out headphones grinding into your ear.

I have tested Tinnitus Mix not only on sound induced tinnitus but ALL forms of tinnitus and OTHER phantom sounds such as voices and hyperacusis.

My results are for ALL PHANTOM SOUNDS, not just sound induced tinnitus. 40-50% OF ALL FORMS of tinnitus see good results when they follow the protocol.

T gone.png

CD saved her life.png

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      They did not follow the exact protocol because Dr. De Ridder did not answer my emails on the protocol. He is very busy and I think he has a secretary go through his emails before he sees them. Read my above post on details.

10. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really? Were your emails setting out the protocol or asking for confirmation as to whether he had provided the protocol to the patients?

Did Dr. De Ridder keep you appraised of the progress/results?

11. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I will give Tinnitus Mix another try. But first I will try some medication. If that doesn't work, I will do Tinnitus Mix again for a longer period like I did for Lenire (which did nothing for my tinnitus).

I have to say that it is not easy to keep the headphones all night long on your ears. I need some solution here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have no Idea what protocol he told his patients to use, he just agreed to trial it. I am sure he is very busy as he is one of the world's top neurosurgeons and scientists.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      To all of you haters and naysayers, @GregCA @InfiniteLoop and the rest.

Tinnitus Mix is a success and you can't stop me from helping millions of people.

My invention, Tinnitus Mix, has helped over 1400 people stop many phantom sounds and other conditions. It does not work on everyone but it does for an average of 40-50% of those that follow the protocol.

Now the world's top expert on the subject, Dr. Dirk De Ridder is putting up his OWN MONEY to make a Spanish language website for Tinnitus Mix, along with one of his patients that had great success with Tinnitus Mix.

Now Tinnitus Mix will be distributed to millions of people around the world, just as I had tried to do here on this forum but was met with fierce resistance to my efforts to help people for free.

Screenshot 2022-01-21 at 08-12-20 Messenger Facebook.png

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 15-32-56 (20+) NeuroWAV Tinnitus Therapy Facebook.png

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Why don’t we conduct a study here on Tinnitus Talk? Find 30 patients and try it for 4 weeks with the recommended protocol. Then we will see the real results and ratio of success.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      David, I am asking what you wrote in your emails to the doctor about your protocol.

Did you inform him of your protocol for your Tinnitus Mix?

16. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      I am not a hater, I am just skeptical of your dubious methods and claims.

Just a couple of messages ago you were renegading of Dr. De Ridder because he was likely not providing the right protocol as you wanted. In the next message, he is great again. In another recent message, you claim that not keeping the headphones all night long will disable the treatment. In the next message, you show someone with positive results not using the Koss headphones and using the files just a couple of hours during the day. It is just a continuous back and forth of contradictions and inconsistencies.

Your file has nothing particular, instead of being random noise or shaped noise like in other treatments, it is basically long random repetitive patterns. There is nothing particular about the frequency content and has a very modest amount of high frequency noise above 12 kHz. What is the invention that you claim? The combination with the headphones has nothing special, and the whole theory about ultrasound resonant frequencies and magnetostriction is not proven and is only pseudoscience at this point (we have discussed this topic in many messages before). Yes, some people will respond positively because all the sound therapies have some level of success, and perhaps this one is marginally better than others.

Try to get a patent on this method and I will assure that it will not pass examination. What will you be claiming besides magic?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, I emailed the protocol to him but he only responded to my emails once in a while making me think he did not get many of my emails. I understand he is busy and may have not got them. He may have a secretary that screens his emails and that would explain it. I am sure he is bombarded with random emails from thousands of people around the world.

I just wish I could have worked closer to him in the study to help the patients deal with any problems like with headphones falling off in the night and the solutions we found in our test group (a sock hat or bandana to hold them in place and we found using a foam pillow with a hole in it made it much more comfortable when sleeping on your side).

Screenshot 2021-10-31 at 08-43-00 pillow with hole - Google Search.png

18. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      Sorry for jumping in, but I'm still a bit too scared to try sleeping with this since I'm afraid of making things worse.

If I have more or less all of the symptoms described in the article posted here:

That Ringing in Your Ears? Don't Assume It Will Just Fade Away

”If you’re unlucky, all it takes is one loud concert to spark a lifetime of ear problems — a constellation of symptoms that include not just hearing loss but also ringing in the ears, sound sensitivity, a feeling of aural fullness and even chronic ear pain.”

I didn't go to a concert – I listened to music while sleeping at dB volume that in general seems considered harmless, but still seems my long term listening took me ”over the edge” and damaged my hearing and caused tinnitus and all the above. :(

Do you still think it's okay to give this sound therapy a go? I have the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones. Maybe start with an hour how and see how the ears feels after that?

I'm curios if you know of anyone who was successful using your mix and had all the symptoms I quoted above @R. David Case?

Thanks in advance for any input!

19. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I invented a sound that tripled my tinnitus!

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Tinnitus Mix works well on sound induced tinnitus. I have helped many musicians stop their tinnitus. Yes you should get the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones and play on very low for a couple hours as a test. Then switch to all night every night for 3 weeks. Reactive tinnitus is the only condition that sound therapy is not recommended for.

043.png

044.png

011.png

012.png

013.png

014.png

21. LamarAnders

LamarAnders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I first found out about David Case through a video on YouTube. The video has 121,000 views with 900+ positive comments from people all over the world. The video was posted by someone else, and someone in the comments mentioned;”Give credit to the author David Case.”

So I looked it up and hear I am. My first experience with the track was it seemed evil. But over time, after 3 days, it had a calming effect. I’ve experienced tinnitus since I was young. It’s a mix of static in my left or right ear, following with a high pitch ring. It would come and go through the days when I was either falling asleep or waking up. Or when I was sitting in a quiet place. I haven’t had the static and ringing in my ear since starting the audio track, but it still could be too soon to tell. Maybe I’ll follow up in a year or so.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      No - we need 2 groups of 30.

Group A - follows Mr Case's protocol down to the last detail.

Group B - Follows same protocol but with another white noise type file.

Then monitor these cases for 1 year.

Not perfect - but it would be a start.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow what a thread.

I started reading last night and got to page 10 - Sunday morning and I have read another 20 pages - now skipped to the last page.

I have no doubt that Mr Case is doing this purely to help. I would not blame him at all for seeking to cover some of his costs by charging a relatively small sum for his CD.

I would be VERY surprised if the testimonials Mr Case has had have come from former sufferers who have followed his 3 week nightly headphones protocol to the letter. On this forum - we have the elite of tinnitus sufferers - professionals if you will. The people on the Facebook groups are newbies - many come and go and most use it as an outlet for their suffering experience - Tinnitus Talk is a whole different world - for serious tinnitus enthusiasts - very knowledgeable and dedicated to finding a tinnitus solution.

So if Mr Case's method is going to be properly tested - this is the place to do it.

And yet few - from what I can gather - have had the discipline and determination to use the correct phones and the the 3 weeks as prescribed.

I have some YouTube videos I use to smooth off my tinnitus when it is becoming uncomfortably piercing - it works - I have a light hiss in my left ear which occasionally goes to a high pitch piercing whine - and these files - 15 minutes next to my ear on a pillow with a mobile phone - smooths it off. So I have no doubt this type of therapy can work.

I would take issue with some claims. First of all that ONLY THIS particular sound file is effective and that ultra high fidelity sound is required for it to work. If I can use my mobile with a YouTube video to kill the high pitch whine in my tinnitus - clearly the quality is adequate. We have seen blind audiophile tests who could not distinguish between CD MP3 lossless etc. I don't want to get into an argument over this but the claims which are being made would be very difficult to confirm in any scientific sense. If sound quality was that big a factor - I don't understand why listening to my 5 year old LG with a YouTube video gets me good results. The principle is the same.

Virtually all of the tinnitus videos on YouTube have hundreds of comments left saying - it worked for me! I follow some of the biggest tinnitus groups on Facebook and nobody seems to be talking about Mr Case's sound file.

I won't be trying the sound file myself at this stage - my tinnitus is not bothersome enough to warrant it. Daily cold showers have also been suggested as a way to get blood flowing into the nooks and crannies of the inner ear - I won't do that either. Too uncomfortable and too much hassle. If I get desperate - then maybe I will try the sound file but in the meantime I will keep watching this thread to see how sufferers fare with this method.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    24. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That is the problem - the more challenging you make the protocol - the more difficult it is going to be to establish the efficacy.

Think about how comparatively easy it is too trial oral medicine.

The problem with a challenging protocol - far more difficult to obtain meaningful findings. We really need to see the actual study to see what was done.

20% does not sound impressive.

Lenire claim 85% or so but that is obviously false - they do their own studies.

At least Mr Case is claiming 50% and has no financial motive - but that does not mean to say we should not be justly cautious.

25. AnthonyMcDonald
      Confused

AnthonyMcDonald Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sounds like the tinnitus I've had for most of my life before worsening, never bothered me and I never ever thought about it.

• Creative Creative x 1
    26. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      FWIW, I tried Tinnitus Mix again 2 years after my whole saga began - my reactivity is a bit better so figured why not try, lol. I used high end Sennheiser headphones but they are not the Koss recommended (though they cost like 20x more so I’m sure the frequency response etc... is good).

Anyway, I have reactivity and somewhat predictably, last night / this morning I’m dealing with a spike. I have to believe David believes in what he is doing, but I also believe in providing data points.

For me, 30 minutes of play is still spike-inducing.

27. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Obviously reactions will vary as this is such a mysterious individual condition. I listened on my laptop while I was going through the thread and I think it smoothed mine down from 4 to 2 after maybe 40 minutes of listening at low level - but I have other smoothers which I use successfully and I don't know if it works any better than those yet. I am going to listen some more - not headphones - I appreciate how he insists on headphones - but I think it is not necessary. If the sound finds its way into the ear - that's all you need.

• Informative Informative x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Glad my Tinnitus Mix is helping you. Can you post a link to the YouTube video you are talking about? I have not seen it.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The Sennheiser have been tested by many people and do not work with Tinnitus Mix. You must use one of three types, the best are Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones. If you do not follow instructions you will have same results as this guy:

tried other headphones then koss.png

Dr. Dinshen believes the reason only certain headphones work is because the Tinnitus Mix is causing MAGNETOSTRICTION. The materials (coils, magnets,etc) in the Koss are vibrating at very high frequencies that normally would not be produced with normal sounds.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 07-27-45 magnetostriction - Google Search.png

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Some speakers will work wile others will not. Some headphones work and most do not.

Read my post above about MAGNETOSTRICTION.

tried other headphones then koss.png

study 2.8mhz.png