I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      https://tinnitusmix.com/download

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I don't know, it's worth a try, it's free. We are testing it on several types of tinnitus. We know it works on sound induced and sudden unexplained tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Well sorry if I'm not able to differentiate between charlatanism and quackery, the Venn diagram on those two intersects.

But that's irrelevant anyways, you chose an ad hominem attack and completely avoided the issue.

I'll say it again, conspiracy theory bullshit. Prove me wrong...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The definition of conspire is to "breath of" you conspire every day if you speak.

As Markku your director said, he is not interested in conspiracy theories and I have posted nothing here on the subject, Contrast did. I am here to help people eliminate their tinnitus.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Markku has been very helpful, he is helping to make a website just for people to try the sound therapy.

testimony t gone 6 year old.PNG

6. TuxedoCat
      No Mood

TuxedoCat Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High-frequency hearing loss
      @Markku is a great guy.

Actually, I sometimes wonder why he keeps us around! We're not always an easy bunch to keep in line! LOL

TC

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Even though I'm skeptical of this, I think since he is offering this for free, that we need to stop squabbling and just try it. he is adamant.

@R. David Case how long do we have to listen during sleep?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      This is good. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Just ordered the KSC-75's and will try out the file once it becomes available and I have the headphones.

I've spent way more on single bottles of supplements for tinnitus than on those headphones so I figure I don't have much to lose. Will report back my results obviously.

Once I have the file, what would be the best app to listen to it with the headphones on my Android phone? I'm willing to pay if it makes a meaningful difference.

Or would it not matter at all and VLC would suffice?

Maybe the OP or some audiophile could chime in and answer that question. Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
    10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      VLC will be fine. No need to buy anything.

• Like Like x 1
    11. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      9000000012517865.jpg

David,

I might give this a try, I do wonder how to sleep with headphones on since I sleep on my side?

Will the above Koss earphones also do the job, Koss Porta Pro?

They are easier to get delivered in my country.

Thanks.

12. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Just check the frequency response... MANY headphones go far past the 24 kHz recommended by the Mr. Case. Not sure why he is adamant about using these cheap Koss units. For example, I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones that go to 38.5 kHz, don't really use them much anymore though.

• Like Like x 1
    13. hopedeferred

hopedeferred Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AAT
      Good evening everyone. This is probably the oddest thread for submitting a first post! I'll introduce myself a bit. In short though, very extreme acute acoustic incident (unprotected/unexpected pistol shot) brought on immediate tinnitus - very, very, noticeable high (maybe 12kHz?) screaming in both ears (right first few hours, then both). This was about 6 days ago. Fast forward through a bunch of guilt, panic, pure anxiety contemplating a life of this, shame, pleading to God, losing appetite (food & life "stuff"), etc. and I found myself on this board earlier today and noticed this thread. I know it's only been 6 days, so this may seem melodramatic -- but it's been a life altering event to/for me.

I had a very hard time getting any sleep at all last night (and essentially every night since the incident), and so I was looking for new "background" noise to help me sleep. I thought to myself "why not, maybe give this a shot?" So, I downloaded the zip file and decompressed and launched... stuck on my studio-style earphones (so I could get the covered frequency range referenced) and laid down for an attempt at a nap.

I struggled knowing what volume to play the odd digital fantasy soundtrack at... but just settled on something and tried to relax. Well, about 25 minutes later (a couple text interruptions not withstanding), my right ear kind of crackled or maybe popped a bit (felt odd, since it was encapsulated in those big Audio-Technica ATH-M50s). But, the tinnitus went away in that ear and stayed away for about four hours (just came back while typing... talk about dejected!)... actually now somewhat gone again. While I was initially beyond overjoyed (first break from the relentless terror in over five days), I was concerned about the sensation. I couldn't tell if it was just that I wasn't used to "normal" anymore... or maybe that I perforated a drum with some of the weird frequencies and sounds? Does anyone know how I would know? I haven't seen any liquid coming out and haven't been hard of hearing out of that ear. I want to try the soundtrack again tonight if it works, but don't want to overexpose myself (especially so close to the initial incident) if it's not safe. I also don't know if it was a result of the soundtrack, or just coincidence in nature's timing / God's miraculous mercy.

After wrestling with everything for a few days, and then having to wait out the New Years holiday, I reached-out to my GP and an ENT today. GP prescribed Prednisone, which I plan to pick up in the morning - but not visit. I'll visit the ENT tomorrow. I picked him because of solid reviews and a recommendation on an oxygen therapy board (made me think he wouldn't be as likely to be the type to just tell me to live with it). I initially read all about habituation (in the event it didn't clear-up as it had already passed the couple/few days mark most websites list for temporary ringing), as that's what dominated the interwebs; but this board has been a treasure of diverse opinions. While I'm trying to prepare myself for having t longer-term and self treatment such as back to silence... I'm mildly optimistic that I may see some reversal. It seems like there's a bit of a "golden window" (maybe 7 days for Prednisone ; several weeks for hyperbaric oxygen??) -- so, I'm trying to be proactive at this point, despite the shame of sharing the story... knowing I did this to myself. My wife would call it over-obsession and unhealthy -- she may be right. I'm trying to bargain with her that if she'll just let me obsess for a week or two while I try to be in triage mode, I'll work on balancing out so as not to further disrupt our life as much as I have since the incident.

tl;dr: new to tinnitus (still praying/hoping for spontaneous recovery despite trauma and being middle-aged); w/in 1 week; listened to this odd soundtrack and had (I think) real relief from one ear; trying to decide if I should pick back up on the listening tonight... or not push my luck and put it aside for now.

I really do thank God for you all. I can spiral if I read some of the depressing posts (but not dismissing the reality that they come from), but also get lifted by the stories of hope (possible spontaneous remission, possible new devices on the horizon, etc.). Regardless of where you are on the spectrum in your experience and tenor, I thank you for sharing your journey with those anonymous explorers reeling in the dark.

• Like Like x 2
    14. hopedeferred

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AAT
      I won't bore you with replies to my own post every 20 minutes... but, my ear since posting has been doing this somewhat odd pulsing or tapping every 10 seconds or so. Not very major at present, just a little thud -- imagine a the fabric speaker cover on a subwoofer just barely tapping as bass runs through (of course, in this case, there's no music/stimulus -- just normal ambient household noises). On the brightside (I think), no t in that ear still at the moment. Although I'm concerned with this new thumping development -- I'm still so thankful for this reprieve (in at least one ear, for at least this long).

• Like Like x 1
    15. hopedeferred

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      AAT
      Well, it's back... maybe worse. I'm sure you all have been through this, but, man the removal of that temporary relief/hope has been tough. Not sure I'll be listening to that recording anymore, it's seem to have ratcheted up things.... Hopefully, I'll get some actual sleep tonight. Rocky start thus far.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Francesco

Francesco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @R. David Case or some sound expert could suggest a headset that's easily available in EU?
      That Koss brand seems to only something for the US.

EDIT: Disregard my message, they'll be arriving tomorrow! :)

17. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Hi,

I am totally not an expert in tinnitus, but your tinnitus is in a very early stage and will probably settle or even go away.

I read your post and it seems like you only used the sound therapy for 25 minutes with low volume so I wouldn't panic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It is not instant, it takes time and we are recommending volume at 30% instead of 50%. Try that.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea, you don't want to use it just for few minutes a day, you must jump in with both feet and use all night every night on low volume so the tinnitus does not reform. The tinnitus will try to reform in between listening sessions.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      When the sound mix causes the tinnitus to come and go it is a strong indication that it is working!

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You must get the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones!! yMYou can use what you have for now but you will get better results with the Koss. Use on low volume ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!! This is important!! The tinnitus will come and go in the first week or two.

• Informative Informative x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well the higher frequency response the better in general but the Koss have been tested best for this therapy, Brian Douglas tested some very expensive Bose that worked but I highly recommend the Koss KTX-PRO1. It has to do with the coil size of the earpiece and the electromagnetic pulses coming from them and the sounds.

23. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Who is "we" in this sentence?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      We are testing this sound therapy in several groups around the world, the "we" are volunteers around the world that are moderators on the largest Facebook tinnitus groups.

• Like Like x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You have to use sound therapy all night every night for 3 weeks on low. If they use it for a few minutes a day the tinnitus will reform and sometimes spike, you must follow directions for it to work, thanks for feedback.

• Informative Informative x 1
    26. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      OK thanks - that makes sense.

27. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dude, you're adamant, and presumably giving this away for free. At this point I see no reason why you'd be purposefully lying to us. At this point I'd say your treatment is worth a try. The creeps in this community hyper hype MuteButton and maybe your sounds are even better?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    28. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      be-nice.jpg

;)

• Agree Agree x 5
    29. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well thank you, I keep telling every one I just want to help them like I have helped many others. ...Thanks for the kind words, I have lots of people posting experiences, here is just one and he did not even follow instructions:

tinnitus talk t gone.PNG

• Like Like x 1