I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea, my sound mix covers the whole spectrum, I did not say all of the mix is in the ultrasonic range, but what does make it through is important, I don't disagree with you it is a small amount. I actually use it on a Sony ux-560 with an onboard equalizer that I turn highs up and lows down to improve the response.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well I have sent out more than 420 CD's. I am averaging 50% reduced or elimination of their tinnitus, but you must know many do not follow instructions, many just use it for 10 minutes like @Contrast did and say "it did nothing" and then throw it away. it's really the desperate people that don't give up like this guy.

brians freinds testimony 4.PNG
      brians friends testimony 6.PNG

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Actually it interferes with passive signal intelligence, but I did not come on here to debate that, just help people stop the torture.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's fine you have your right to your opinion, I am just giving the results, if I had not been there and done it myself I would not believe it either.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      In tests the higher the frequency of head phones the better, the higher the frequency response of the player the better. I put it on a Sony ux-560 with equalizer to raise the highs. Works better than plain sound file.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Not true, I keep in contact with many and get updates, some report tinnitus does not come back, some say if it tries to come back they simply use the sound mix and it's again gone, mine will try to recover within 15-20 days but I and others choose to use sound mix every night for sleep and I have been free for 18 years. Here is an update from Brian Douglas:

rick t gone update 1.PNG
      rick t gone update.PNG

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well you are looking in from the outside, I was in the box of torture that tinnitus is, I could not function, could not even sit in a chair, all I could do is pace back and forth trying to figure out how to stop this sound for 3 years. Now I am outside looking back in. This gives me a unique 20/20 perspective that you could not understand.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    8. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Perhaps because "higher frequency headphones" have coil characteristics that make a difference to the EMF. Putting a 44.1 kHz sampled file through them isn't going to yield any energy at 25 kHz, but perhaps it will yield a higher density at < 22.05 kHz due to the coil sizes.

9. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What makes you think I (or anyone else) am not in the "box of torture that tinnitus is"?

We all have a different perspective on our Tinnitus, don't we?
      You say you couldn't function, could not even sit in a chair, but somehow you still came up with an idea to bail you out of that state and put it to execution.
      Isn't it surprising that this process can happen when one can't function or even sit in a chair?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes it was a miracle I am here, I meant I have eliminated the tinnitus and can see everything clear now.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, that's the conclusion I am coming to, the sound AND the pulses coming from the coils is what makes this work.

12. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Yeah I understand, you can see it all now. Your avatar does look sort of like Albert Einstein.

13. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I notice you carefully skipped the first question.

14. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yes Greg, the science behind ti-ex is very troubling. Here is an article I pulled off the arches vault...

"Ex Tinnitus Therapy Device
      This portable electromagnetic device was developed by an Austrian electronics engineer named Gerald Neuwirth in 1998. Mr. Neuwirth had suffered severe tinnitus for many years and had not experienced relief with any therapy. He developed a hand-held device that directed electromagnetic energy into the cochlea and reported that his tinnitus symptoms disappeared after 10 weeks of use.

tiex.jpg The scientific basis of this device is predicated on the belief that electromagnetic waves will stimulate and regenerate hair cells that have been damaged. A quote from their website reads, “In order to understand how ti-ex works, it is important to realize that the hair cells in the inner ear can regenerate. If they are damaged, they regenerate completely from the tip to the root, creating a new hair cell in about two days.”

This dubious statement contradicts all scientific knowledge to date. Hair cells in humans do not regenerate. If they could, or if scientists could find a way to stage the regeneration, hearing loss in humans would become a thing of the past.

Certain cold-blooded animals, such as sharks and frogs can regenerate hair cells. More recently it has been found that some birds can regenerate hair cells as well. This has led to a surge of research into how to duplicate this process in humans. It has not been accomplished so far.

Mr. Neuwirth also makes reference to repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS), as a rationale for the therapy he claims for his instrument. rTMS has been shown to be helpful for some tinnitus patients, and we published an article on rTMS, that is found in our Tinnitus Info Center.

The comparison between a portable electromagnetic device designed for home use and rTMS is a very large stretch. rTMS generators use capacitors that can generate 5,000 to 8,000 Amps. This amount of power is necessary to induce a magnetic field inside the skull which can effectively change the metabolic activity of the auditory cortex. Even at this power level, many researchers believe the magnetic field cannot extend deep enough into the brain to affect tinnitus and that only implanted electrodes will truly accomplish tinnitus relief.

Furthermore, rTMS seems to be effective in interfering with the neuronal changes in the auditory cortex, not by regenerating hair cells.

Ti-ex has not undergone clinical trials. It is available in Europe and costs 290 to 490 Euros (approximately $390.00 to $650.00 US dollars). The device can be found at ti-ex.com/en."

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      My question is how am I going to keep the headphone on all night? I toss and turn all night!

• Like Like x 1
    16. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Yes I wonder as well how to make this work.

17. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      So I received my KSC-75's today. Before they arrived, I had all these thoughts that what if this or that happens, this has not been tested on many people and never scientifically etc. Because you can never be too careful, I started with 40 seconds, not even having the earphones on my ear and holding them close but not too close. I then did 4 minutes with them on the ear and was fine. Then 15 and now I'm just finishing the whole file, 1 hour 16 minutes.

I've believed for a long time now that first hand experience is king, and I've gotta say, you've made a believer out of me, Mr. Case. I'm pleasantly surprised, though I'm sure you're not. I've done only about 2 hours total as of now but it has reduced my tinnitus. Before I was having one of my bad days, and it doesn't go down that fast it happens more gradually, usually overnight, but as of now it's as good if not better than one of my good days. It's way too soon obviously to draw any concrete conclusions but I've always had good, fast, effect from all sorts of therapies, drugs and supplements, though I've had very brutal side-effects too at times.

And I can't say this with 100 percent certainty, but I feel my hearing seems somewhat better. And hyperacusis seem better already as well. The H is the most improved out of the 3. I have an app that I can adjust the volume on my Android phone very precisely, it was at 1 % all the time, it shows it as 6 percent when I go from mute to the first "notch" without adjusting. That's probably why it was not even that unpleasant for me, some parts sounded to me like some of Trent Reznor's earlier work. I feel kind of bad that you got berated in this thread, here you are giving this away for free, not receiving a nice chunk of money had you gone the route of selling it instead, and you get abused, but that is life I guess.

I'm probably not going to use it at night because I want to be sure at first that it's fine for me for very long periods, but maybe in a few days I'll listen at night as well. One trick people can do to not toss and turn at night is to put your fingers trough each other, lay on your back, and put your hands on your stomach, like they do with dead people at funerals. That way I've been able to wake up exactly the same by the morning most of the time.

I hope to achieve silence with this. It's been 10 months since my brutal spike so it should take considerably less than some people who have had it for decades to get back to my "baseline" I had before my spike and then there won't be much to go to achieve silence. Thank you so much.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
      • Like Like x 4
    18. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      That's great news, still waiting for the headphones...

• Like Like x 1
    19. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      They definitely have figured out how to regenerate human hair cells.

20. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Can you specifiy what headphones you recommend, if a computer is good enough to play the files, and can you send me a CD?

Also, how can you guys listen to this thingy all night long? I wouldn't be able to sleep with a bulky headset...

**Edit: Never mind on the first paragraph.. caught up with my reading. But still.... how do you fall asleep wearing a headset?? I turn at night, I like to sleep on my side, etc.
      Would another option be to listen to this for hours during the day time, like you do with ARNM?

21. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      What I'm most impressed by is how this helps hyperacusis, just 3h in. I just grabbed a plate off the shelf, yesterday I'd been careful and still in pain, today - nothing.

MuteButton doesn't do this, Susan Shore's device doesn't do this, you have to wait years till FX-322 comes out and it'll cost a pretty penny, if not to you then to the government and you need to stick a needle in your ear.

And this is free! Omg. I hope this goes viral, catches fire. It will probably, it's that hot. I can't thank you enough R. David Case.

All your premature critics and naysayers will forever be recorded in the annals of Tinnitus Talk in this thread. You are an extraordinary person, most would not make this free. Thanks a million.

• Like Like x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    22. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      All these questions are answered in this thread. I think the first post should be edited and the headphones and download link provided.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      How do you sleep with headsets on at night?

24. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      I'd use my method, intertwine my fingers and put my hands on my stomach like they do to dead people.

I just got the recommended headphones today and used them during the day only and it worked fine.

I'm not going to probably sleep with them today just in case and will tomorrow. Even 3.5h of this helped me.

I'm getting some ear pain, but it's the good type of pain or numbness, reminds me of sore muscles after a workout which are about to get stronger.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I'm wondering about this myself, but according to the ones who tried you fall immediately into a deep sleep after using it a few nights and the sounds start to be soothing.

26. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Doubt it.

27. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      Can I have a CD :D?

28. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      So is this file available as a downloadable non-destructive wave at this point?

29. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      See the first post guys. It's been edited.

30. SoundB0und
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Posting a disclaimer about smartphones. During the day it happened to me several times that I'd put the volume to 1 percent and later found it at 2, thought I had made a mistake.

Now I put it to 3 percent because it sounded quiet and browsed this thread. About 15 minutes later after zoning out I noticed the volume was loud and was at 5 percent when I checked it.

Something's up with the volume on my phone, some apps can apparently cause this. Sleeping with it today could have been catastrophic.

I have a tiny bit worse TTTS now but nothing major, hyperacusis is still way better. If you're going to use a phone for this, make sure yours doesn't do it.