I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Ollie_A

Ollie_A Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accumulating exposure to loud sounds
      David, would these headphones work for tinnitus mix?

Sony Noise-Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3

They are similar to the Boss noise cancelling earphones you mentioned earlier in this thread that you said work. These go up to 40,000 Hz.

2. star-affinity
      Wishful

star-affinity Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1993, increase in 2020, then new in 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure about the first. Too many beers? Music during sleep.
      If God has the power (has the power to do anything, right?), why does this thing called tinnitus exist at all? If I was almighty I think I would be more kind to the beings called humanity when it comes to certain things. :)

Anyway, I'm thankful that you're trying to help people – and without compensations at that! I like your engineering efforts. :) And maybe you got help from above, how would I know...

Still a bit worried to try since it was listening to music at night (although with seemingly fatigued ears) that likely triggered my (latest and only intrusive, really) tinnitus:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/posts/601976

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I understand. You should try Tinnitus Mix on very low volume with the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones 4 inches away from ears just a few minutes a day and then work your way up to hours. This system is producing very high harmonics that cause neuroplasticity (nerve healing). We are getting several success reports every week in many groups around the world.

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 08-06-03 (1) NeuroWAV Tinnitus Therapy Facebook.png

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I don't know. They might work. It is weird how some very expensive headphones will not form the 2.8 MHz harmonic and then the $19 Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones do. You can try them but if you get no results, switch to the Koss.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure, no, the protocol is to play it all night every night for 3 weeks (or until tinnitus is gone), then you can just play it once in a while for maintenance. I CHOOSE to play it every night because it puts me to sleep and gives me a deeper higher quality sleep.

6. Gary Pitts

Gary Pitts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, odds are you are playing it too loud. Reduce the volume substantially.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Burzum

Burzum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      After a few months of many hours of using the KOSS and 1More headphones, one earbud malfunctioned and doesn't produce sound anymore. It means I have to buy new everytime?

8. Optic Axis
      Tired

Optic Axis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and industrial machines.
      Interesting work David.

I recorded a tone from the AudioNotch website a while ago after listening to it for 4 hours and finding my tinnitus reduced to almost nothing for the remainder of the day. I've put an hours worth of the tone on my phone but through the phones earphones the pitch is changed so it doesn't have the same effect. The tone on AudioNotch has an immediate effect even through house speakers so I know I would get a benefit immediately through the phone earphones.

A few weeks ago I tried some Bose QuietComfort2 headphones and found the noise cancelling feature gave me such relief from what I think must be hyperacusis that I've taken to wearing them at work every day. I was wondering if I could combine it with a more compact set of headphones while playing the tinnitus tone I've played through them and felt benefit from.

What is unique for my case is that I also have eyesight problems which causes me to get double vision. I can put my eyes in two positions. The relaxed position gives me double vision and the tensed position cancels it out almost fully but causes my eyes and face to experience tiredness sooner until I can no longer hold the position so I have to sleep to rest my eyes. If I do things during the day I tend to leave them until afternoon and then sleep for an hour around midday and then do them knowing I have 6 hours to get done what I need to do.

Every now and again my tinnitus cuts out completely. It doesn't seem to matter if its in my whole head that day or in my left ear only. It will just cut out and when it does I feel immediate relief as pressure seems to leave my head and then I can straighten my eyes without much effort and I can concentrate on what I'm doing more. This is the feeling I've gotten with the noise cancelling headphones.

I believe there is some connection with my tinnitus, brain and eye muscle movement, as if most effort is put into producing the tinnitus sound thereby leaving no capacity for other functions but when it stops, the capacity increases momentarily and I start to function better, not completely normal, but better.

Your sound file might cut some work out for me as I'm going to try it in these headphones I now have and see what happens. It might save me hours of messing around in AudioNotch trying to get the right frequency out of that. I've pretty much gotten fed up of the usual experts after two visits to an audiologist resulted in me not going back because when I said both times that "I have moments when my tinnitus stops and I feel I can function again as the pressure releases from my head." He replied "everyone has times when they don't listen to their tinnitus."
      That's not what I said. How can he expect to help with a hearing problem if he wont listen.

I also believe there is some indirect connection with how I deal with an eyesight problem I also have. I have been experiencing diplopia and when my tinnitus cuts out it feels like I can straighten my eyes up with less effort, which I put down to brain capacity being freed up to do other actions when it's stopped producing the tinnitus sound, which usually takes all the capacity.

I'll give your sound file a go with my Bose headphones and hopefully it will give some relief, even if it's just for a day.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      OK, let me know how it works out for you. Tinnitus Mix has helped over 1300 people stop or greatly reduce tinnitus, hyperacusis, provide deeper sleep, increase cognitive ability, and remove other PHANTOM sounds like clicking and TTTS. And it removes phantom voices some people hear. It has also improved hearing in many. We believe it is doing this by causing neuroplasticity (neural healing).

hearing improved with therapy.png

from t talk t gone best.png

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, it is because Tinnitus Mix is forcing the coils in the earpiece to make 2.8 MHz of ultrasound by MAGNETOSTRICTION. When electromagnetic waves hit the coils they lengthen and then shorten so fast (2.8 million times per sec) that it stresses the wires in the coils. Play on lower volume and that won't happen.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 06-43-34 magnetostriction - Google Search.png

11. Padraigh Griffin

Padraigh Griffin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      Hi David,

Where can I download the full 8 hour file? I got my Koss Headphones today.

Thanks.

12. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Renfrey, any update on you?

13. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      This still makes me LOL every time I read it. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    14. star-affinity
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's funny, yes. :)

Wish I could do that with my tinnitus sounds – rip them off my ears. And stomp on them. :mad:

I still haven't dared to try listening to this all night, even at low volume since it was music listening at low volume during the night that probably triggered my latest, most intrusive tinnitus. Really would like to try it, though.

Too bad actions can't be undone in the real world. That's why I like computers – you can try something and (mostly) undo or go back if the action turns out in non-satisfactory way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      I never should have used this. I want my phantom voices back.

• Funny Funny x 2
    16. Padraigh Griffin

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      Just a note that I spoke with Professor Dirk De Ridder a few weeks back via Zoom and he suggested that I try this method.

I started yesterday and will report in a month.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    17. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Do you mean Professor Dirk De Ridder suggested to try Tinnitus Mix from R Dave Case?

Really? Is he aware of the file and has background information?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    18. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Great, glad to help anyone that is tortured with tinnitus.

Make sure you play it on Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones or earbuds made by "1More" called Triple Drivers. Play on low volume all night every night for 3 weeks. Keep us informed on any results or problems. Make sure you don't have reactive tinnitus, Tinnitus Mix does not work on reactive tinnitus.

Screenshot_2021-02-06 Edit Page ‹ EMF shielding v2k shielding — WordPress.png

Screenshot_2021-01-22 (1) Anti-Tinnitus Sound Therapy System Facebook.png

• Like Like x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The doctor is interested in facts and how Tinnitus Mix affects brain waves, how Tinnitus Mix stops tinnitus, how Tinnitus Mix stops hyperacusis. He is not interested in opinions, politics, conspiracies or the posts of trolls.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You just load 8 copies and it will play all night. Or I can send you a CD or SD card version.

• Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Real funny. You should not make fun of people suffering just for your entertainment.

• Funny Funny x 1
    23. Padraigh Griffin

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      Yes. I knew of this thread but only revisited it after the prompt from Dirk De Ridder.

• Like Like x 1
    24. star-affinity
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When you say ”low volume,” is there any kind of objective way of determining what that is?

I have the KTX-PRO1 headphones and an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I'm curious what level is "high enough" to make it work while not being harmful to my ears. Should I try not to mask my tinnitus totally since that somethings many people seem to recommend when doing masking at night? Or maybe that doesn't apply in this case?

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Tinnitus Mix is not a masker, you must always play it way below the level of the tinnitus. There is a slide volume control on the Koss. Start at zero and slowly turn up until you can hear the chaotic sounds clearly, this is usually about 10-20% of volume.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    26. Padraigh Griffin

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Stress
      David, is it possible to listen to this with say TV on and other ambient sound or must you give it your undivided attention?

27. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      If he's looking at this seriously I'd do a double spit take.

But hey... Open mind. It'd convince me to try it again.

• Like Like x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Tinnitus Mix works best when you play it while sleeping and ADD playing during the day. Some people can't do that for one or more reasons. They do play during the day while doing other things. It just will take longer to see results then.

29. Angeliek22

Angeliek22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi David,

I bought the Koss headphones and have tried Tinnitus Mix now for 2 days but played it only once every time. However, my tinnitus is spiking now like crazy. I'm pretty sure I don't have reactive tinnitus however the high pitched sound in the Tinnitus Mix does hurt my ears.

Should I continue or is it best to quit for a few days?

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You may have played it too loud. Stop for a few days and try on speakers after it goes back down. You may have a type of reactive tinnitus and not know it.