I Think This Is the End

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nathalie, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      My advice is find a M30 straight six car Foncky. the 3.0 and 4.0L all aluminum V8 was BMW's early foray into silicon etched unlined cylinder walls which were known to sustain a high level of wear...especially in the US due to sulfur in the gasoline. The M30 was one of the most robust engines BMW every made and can easily go 300K miles without touching the bottom end...only a head gasket change.
      Some pics of my M30 rebuild:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      A bit of petrol for sure but the straight six car can be maintained reasonably. V8 and 12V car in particular will take a local bank to fund for maintenance and why older high end Bimmers are available so cheap...average guy can't do the maintenance nor afford to have a pro do it.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @stophiss ,
      I use to ride a XT 125
      It belonged to a long time fiancee and I ripped round the fields and on roads.
      My mom's face when she saw me ride down the street and wanting to buy one.
      I said well I wanted a Honda express first but this was better for off roading.
      Went on to ride a 250 off road .
      What did I do ?
      Brought a car and old banger...lots of love glynis 20170104_164513.png

• Like Like x 1
    4. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      So cool glynis. Ever stand it up on its back wheel?:D
      Aahh...the good ol' days. Why did we ever grow up and become more responsible? Well...check the responsible part. ;)
      Thanks for sharing glynis. Speaking of off road riding, a good friend of mine with wealthy parents used to race off road motorcycles for Husqvarna. He set up a course around his house and he would invite me over to ride. He set up big jumps we would catch big air on. He was the single craziest guy I have ever seen on a motorcycle or racing a car. Somehow he survived but no idea how. :eek:

5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Petrol in Europe is much more expensive than in US Stophiss. If Foncky is thinking of getting a 3.0 L it'll take some money to feed it the petrol...

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      wow Glynis, didn't know you used to ride a motor bike...As stophiss says: would've like to see you do a wheelie...lol

7. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      A lot more expensive. I've been to your backyard Michael. Economics of gasoline depends on how much you drive relative to the price of a given car. Can buy a lot of gas for $5K.

8. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      All right, I thought the V8 were quite reliable. But the six would be enough so I'll have a look.

@Michael Leigh sure it won't be cheap, but I don't drive that much. The car is cheap, I'll save money for maintenance and petrol ;)

9. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Exactly Stophiss petrol here is creeping up in price...

10. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @stophiss,
      Yes and went over jumps also.
      I had a Red leather tasseled motorbike jacket and red helmet and leather biker boots.
      I also learnt drive a mini off road and my banger was a Red Austin Alegro...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    11. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I see Fonky, then you got everything covered. BMWs are nice cars.

12. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      I'm sure Nathalie doesn't mind us talking cars and motorbikes here :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    13. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      You ain't kidding about petrol costing more here. Every time I go to the states I marvel at how much it costs to fill the tank.

I had an e46 straight six coupe and thought it was a brilliant engine. I put 200k on it and it still ran like new. All it really needed was a new clutch and it would have been good for another 100k plus in my opinion.

14. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Loved to bike ride and go on long bike runs....
      My hair was down to my bottom and was in to heavy rock..
      Now I'm very lady like...lol
      OMG guess where we will be going on Holliday this year and begins with B.....you had better run !!! Now I'm laughing...lots of love glynis

Apologies to Natalie for going off topic and hope you are ok...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    15. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Not too noisy the straight six ? :cool:
      I'll consider a E34 Touring too, enough room for my friends, mountain bikes and paragliders !

• Like Like x 1
    16. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I had it back when my tinnitus was mild so stuff like that wasn't even on my radar then. It definitely had a decent roar when you put your foot down though. I used to love driving that car.

I should have had a touring car back in the day. Would have been perfect for getting my amp and gear in. Instead I opted for a car that would have more effect on the ladies than the practicality of my gear fitting lol.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Jack Thompson

Jack Thompson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neck trauma
      I too am having suicidal thoughts at the moment, not because of my T, which is luckily mild, but I also have chronic pelvic pain or Prostatitis, and spine/back issues, all at the age of 25, just when I had my whole life ahead of me, these things happened to me in the space of 2 months last summer when I was travelling in Southeast Asia.

so I completely know what is going through your head at the moment, I have no idea how loud your T is and it must be awful to have loud T 24/7. For me its the thought of living with pain and discomfort for the rest of my life that makes me feel depressed, then the depression makes me have suicidal thoughts, is life really worth living if your in pain and discomfort, or in your case, have loud T, well it could be, my passion is travelling, and even with my heath issues, travel still makes me happy, food and friends still make me happy, who knows, maybe some miracle will happen and my health issues will be fixed, who knows, maybe your T will go down in volume ?

I'd say give it more time, eat healthy, lots of fruits, vegetables, maybe go vegan or vegetarian, food is medicine and maybe it will lower your T in time, look for foods high in Antioxidants, search about foods or supplements have help or repair Nerves. Healthy food can improve mood too. exercise, get the blood flowing, YouTube search John Bergman Tinnitus, he has some good tips. Have you tried Acupuncture, just try everything, you never know what can happen

Find a hobby, travel maybe ? if your gonna end your life, why not do something crazy first like just buy a backpack, pack your stuff and walk, just walk, hitchhike, meet people, talk, laugh, try to have fun, things will happen, new opportunities will come, look on the website couchsurfing, free accommodation to save money.

If I truly will kill myself, or plan to, I think I would just back my bag and walk/travel first, it could be a life saver ...but I don't know your age, financial situation, I know your an attractive female so its a little scarier for you but I've met so many female traveller's.

Good Luck, if you need someone to chat to just send me a message

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Hi Ed,
      Agree....E-46 is a nice car. I had a 3.0L E-46 coupe with M package and you will laugh, when the car popped up locally in the classified...rubbing my eyes...it had 6K miles on the clock....I called and this little old lady answered the phone. I asked to speak to the owner and she said 'speaking'. I asked her if she always owned high performance cars and she said, oh no, I always drove Cadillacs and my kids liked this car a lot but she found it too fast for her...lol.
      I ran over there and made an offer. :D

Couple of pics:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    19. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That's the exact same colour I had but with the mv2 alloys. The interior on mine was beige/cream leather. I've got fond memories of that car.

20. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      A sweet car without a doubt. So sure footed with stability and traction control. Perfect size for spirited driving. Not as high strung or demanding to drive as a Porsche. Wheels/tires on mine were staggered and I was always amazed how hard the car could be pushed into a corner and it was unflappable. The motor rev'ed like a dentist drill as you know. No bad manners. I kept it under a cover and drove it on sunny days.:cool:

Here is a pic of a custom cruiser motorcycle I built next to it under the cover:
      PS. I wonder where I got my tinnitus from? I owned this bike way before tinnitus or even knew about tinnitus. It had drag pipes and I always wore ear plugs...probably my early stages of H. ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    21. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Yea, back wheels were 255/35, 18 rim; front were 225/40. The handling was awesome as you say.

Sorry for continuing the car conversation. I'll shut up now ;)

Sweet bike by the way.

22. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      Thx bro. I believe we have permission to hi-jack this thread until Nathalie comes back to reclaim it.;)
      A lot of great people on this forum.

• Funny Funny x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Permission granted :D

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I think @Nathalie has been very polite and patient in allowing us to hi-jack her thread. Well done Nathalie you've gone up another notch in my book....

• Like Like x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks a lot, trying my best :D

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    26. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Well taking it positively about the hi-jacked thread, it shows life goes on with people and T doesn't have to be everything nor an end game. Shake off its tyranny; have fun and enjoy life. The hell with T. :);):D

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Apparently the only way to fight this unwelcome trespasser is to not let it get the better of you :) Trying my best coping.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    28. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      This has turned into such a great thread going from despair to some real lol's at times, keep it up buzzers!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    29. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Nathalie,
      With us all supporting you I'm sure we can help you find your smile and laughter and your doing so well now already....chin up....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks everyone for the unconditional support and love. I truly appreciate everything you guys have done for me. It has helped a great deal. I am also surprised by the fact how many views this thread has :O

• Hug Hug x 1