Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      Yo people from the Tinnitus Talk!

I need your honest advice.

I've been using Lenire for about 5 months with moderate success. I'm going to write a report soon, but since improvement seems to be very slow, it's still hard for me to feel a strong impact. But I do not regret going for Lenire at all!

The thing is, I need to decide if I stick to PS1 or change to PS2.

Is there ANYONE who benefited from the change to PS2? Anyone who went through the storm when it spiked your tinnitus to see if it gets better?

It is kind of hard to decide, on the webcam she said there were people who benefited from PS2.

I feel like I've plateaued.

2. Meiro

Meiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
    3. alanisnotadj
      Batty

alanisnotadj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1992 (got much worse in 2018)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      PS2 did not do anything for me. I am now doing quite well since I have been back on PS1.

4. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I've been on PS1 since I started in February. I haven’t been able to travel to change it. My tinnitus has reduced and the tone has merged to one.

Do you think I should give PS2 a try or stay on PS1?

5. alanisnotadj
      Batty

alanisnotadj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1992 (got much worse in 2018)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Honestly I can't advise you as we all seem to react differently to Lenire.
      All I can say is that right now I am feeling really good with the current settings.
      I am only using it once a day and it seems to do the trick.

• Like Like x 3
    6. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Good to hear. I am also doing once a day right now since everything is stable. I hope you find continued improvement. All the best man.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      Thanks for your answer.

I'm still not sure if I should change to PS2 now or maybe keep it for later as a joker.

But it seems very hard to find even one person who benefited from a program change.

@uae96 I'm in the same boat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      This is fantastic news to hear! My tinnitus was also caused by doxycycline as well as over usage of pain killers. My tinnitus is also mild at times too, so after reading your success, maybe I'll give Lenire a go.

Steph :)

9. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      @alex1975 which pink noise did you use if you don’t mind me asking?

10. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      I would say I'm in a different boat. I have been using PS1 for five months and haven't had any luck with it. I am hoping someday I can get it changed over to PS2 and have some results, though I hope for no worsening as I have heard from several here.

11. Lurius
      Sad

Lurius Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      I had a webcam meeting with them as well, and I had to make the same decision. I decided to try PS2. My controller unit was picked up by the courier today, actually...

There were some issues with the paperwork before. I'll let you know how PS2 works on me after I've tried it for 4-6 weeks.

12. Frédéric

Frédéric Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/19/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Does anyone have news of @AliceW?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    13. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      And how was your tinnitus with PS1?

14. Lurius
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      I wrote a user review about this, you can find it in the Lenire User Experiences & Reviews thread :)

• Like Like x 1
    15. Kam75

Kam75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma in 2014 and 2019+ototoxic drug in 2020
      I used to chat with @AliceW regularly via Messenger, but she suddenly stopped reading my messages in February 2020.

I know she didn't commit suicide because she posts stuff on Facebook from time to time, but I know she was very unhappy because of her tinnitus and trigeminal neuralgia caused by Lenire.

I think she doesn't want to talk about tinnitus anymore, I don't really know... Maybe she has other problems now, I don't know. I would have liked her to answer me, I think about her often, it's really sad what happened to her. She had hope in Lenire and after only 6 days of use it made her develop a disease that is considered to be the most painful in the world.

What bad luck.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    16. Lurius
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      Sometimes I feel that's all there is to it, with us and tinnitus. It's not fate. It's not God punishing us for something. It's just bad luck. That's all. Bad luck with our genes and bad luck with valsalva maneuver. Unless you got tinnitus from repeatedly listening to really loud music without protecting your ears. Then we're talking about carelessness.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. ruud1boy

ruud1boy Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 2006. Severe since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      Bit harsh. It's plain stupidity looking back now, but when I started going to gigs aged 16, I'd never heard of tinnitus. My ears used to ring for a day or two after gigs abut I never realised or considered that it might be doing some damage. It always went away, so no problem, right?

Wrong.

Lots of my friends went to the same gigs, as often as I did, even more frequently - some of them are still doing it now, 30yrs later but I'm the only one who ended up with tinnitus. Was I careless or unlucky? I'd say we were all unwittingly careless but I drew the short straw.

• Agree Agree x 9
      • Like Like x 1
    18. BBakkers
      Not amused

BBakkers Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2011, Spike 2019, Spike 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1e Loud Music, 2e earwax irrigation, 3e padel tennis
      Same here @ruud1boy. When I was sixteen and went out, I always had it. It went away always. Like you, I had never heard about tinnitus and the consequences of it. My friends never had it but I got stuck with it at age 18. From then on I always went out with earplugs, while they didn't. Fast forward to age 26 and I got cluster f....ed and stuck with this horrible tinnitus. For 8 long years I did everything to make sure it wouldn't get worse. No careless s... while others did and nothing happened to them.

• Hug Hug x 2
    19. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      Cool, I will wait for 1 more month then. Thank you for giving it a try!

20. UHPTS
      Uninvolved

UHPTS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Taking drugs on penile fracture
      What is the difference between PS1 and PS2? I thought they were switching from PS1 to PS4 which has random timing delay while PS1 has no delay.

Why would you wait for somebody's personal result? In the world of tinnitus what works or doesn't work for one person might or might not work for another. Only way to find out if PS2 would work in your case is to test it. It's ok to wait for another month but making your decision based on somebody else's result is the same like flipping a coin.

21. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I think ruminating on blame is probably the worst thing to do to deal with tinnitus.

Everyone has a very clear idea of how much we should beat ourselves up over our tinnitus. We don't need reason to revisit it again and again. Any way you slice it, it is what it is.

Those who don't have tinnitus yet are the ones who need to be warned about these things.

• Agree Agree x 4
    22. Lurius
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Valsalva maneuver
      He's right, actually.

23. UHPTS
      Uninvolved

UHPTS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Taking drugs on penile fracture
      Is there anyone here who didn't response to the first timing but had some improvement with the second timing?

• Good Question Good Question x 4
    24. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To GlennS:

You are entirely correct. For years I severely chastised myself as follows: "If only you had not insisted on doing your fastwalk during that snowstorm, you would not have contracted that cold/flu that gave you tinnitus." I even had magical thinking fantasies a la The Twilight Zone where I imagined that I could go back in time and hide out in one room so that I would be cold/flu free, and pass the "T" point in silence.

Proponents of AA cite alcoholic thinking as consisting frequently of this "if only" refrain whenever something unfortunate occurs. Such thinking does not recognize that life throws us many Wild Cards that may or may not have some degree of individual culpability. In Western Society we are woefully, incorrectly primed to believe that life can be totally controlled through our acumen, perceptiveness, etc. so that any mishap must have resulted from our own faults.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    25. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Ha, I know that feeling. Mine is from an infection - infected wisdom tooth + head cold combo that went straight to my ear - and I still blame myself for not getting said wisdom tooth out earlier, even though I saw x-rays of my mouth and I knew I'd have to have it removed eventually, but I put it off because it wasn't causing any problems. Which is dumb, because I've had another massive increase since after an ear infection I could do literally nothing about.

26. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      So... Has Lenire been successful then or is it just another failure in the world of tinnitus treatments?

Quite difficult to make a decision. Would you say the reviews lean towards more negative or positive?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    27. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I reckon more negative than positive. I would like to see what would happen to someone if they had hearing regeneration medicine such as FX-322 and Lenire and whether there will be an improvement in tinnitus by combining the two treatments.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    28. Ivkopivko
      Speechless

Ivkopivko Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know, probably motorsport + headphones for last years
      My understanding and own personal conclusion is that Lenire is the first effective treatment method for tinnitus, which can significantly reduce noise level and reactivity in some cases, and goes beyond placebo and cognitive methods that only serve to mentally deal with tinnitus with no real effect to loudness perception.

Unfortunately, this does not work for everyone at this stage and it will be necessary to analyze why there has been no improvement in some cases.

I believe that subsequent analysis of the results and testing of new settings or parameters that affect the mechanism behind the tinnitus will succeed in achieving refinement and better results. It's more a matter of time.

(I had an opportunity to talk to few people outside of Tinnitus Talk, 2 of them took a part in the TENT-A2 trial and all of them are happy with their results)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    29. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @DaveFromChicago

Do you have HF hearing loss? Does eating salty snacks like potato chips late at night cause your ears to scream upon awakening? Mine are sure screaming right now and I’m helpless to do anything about it. Sleep seems the only relief. When I sleep half the day it seems to calm down. My noise is so loud now I can’t believe it can get any louder.

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To just1morething:

These punishing 97 degree temperatures can aggravate my tinnitus so that I have a high pitched ripping sound.

I am so tired of (and made mentally disfigured) by what I define as "a permanent tinnitus consciousness."

I was told that running the air conditioner in your car used up one quarter of the engine's power.

That's the kind of intrusive drain tinnitus now always exacts on my consciousness. Most types of pain can be alleviated or eliminated temporarily, but TINNITUS IS EVERPRESENT AND NEVER GOES AWAY ENTIRELY.

I cannot possibly remember what normal hearing consisted of, and I still cannot acclimate myself to the realization that this will be with me for however many years I am alive. I have become so neurotic that I loathe even natural sounds that approximate my tinnitus. Instead of my capacity to habituate increasing with the years, my sense of baffled outrage and revolt is introducing me to a level of insanity I had not thought possible to attain.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1