New Stem Cell Transplantation Method Restores Damaged Auditory Pathways

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Penate, Oct 21, 2015.

1. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I couldn't agree more,it amazes me that the patient knows about this line of research when the doctor doesn't,maybe the world hasn't fully accepted the concept yet,I don't really know.

2. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Do you think that might be because the folks - presumably on a public board - were regurgitating the same hearsay information over-and-over again?

Do you think it is possible that autoimmune hearing loss is a special case of hearing loss (and which might be more receptive to a stem cell treatment)?

Lastly... I wonder how many people on a board such as TinnitusTalk have actually bothered to take the following steps:
      • Contact Chloe Sohl
      • Contact RNL Bio
      If I were to inform myself about a certain matter - of a complex nature and pertaining to something very specific - would I inquire about the nature of that from someone down at the local corner shop, or, would I try to contact the people somehow involved with the matter?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Ask people at a corner shop?If that's what you think I do your very much mistaken.I regularly email researchers and the likes,I had a very nice conversation only the other day with Bryan Pollard at Hyperacusis research.I am by no means as knowledgable on the Stemcell subject as you and many others here,what I stated above was merely a mentioning of something I read and nothing more,I never said it was fact and agreed these statements should be taken with a pinch of salt,but so should the claims of such hospitals.

4. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Okay... no problem, but ½-hour ago you wrote the following...
      ...which didn't leave me with the impression that you had looked into it with medical professionals or scientists (re: "Not doctors or anything like that..."). Agree?

In addition, you could just have mentioned that you had spoken with Bryan Pollard (when I asked you)...
      ...and to which you responded:

5. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      No I completely agree,I misinterpreted what you meant by"who might these people be"

I do regularly contact researchers in different fields,not on a regular basis but if they're happy to respond to me then I'm happy to ask questions,although I don't want to bombard these people as I'm sure they have better things to be doing than responding to me I'm sure we'll agree.Im just a naturally sceptical person who requires hard proof of anything before I start to buy into it,I take what I read and hear with a pinch of salt.As far as the Stemcell hospitals are concerned I don't buy into it personally,you have first hand experience of these hospitals and your view may be different,I just haven't been convinced yet.

6. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I wondered if you know how Chloe is doing today? Did her improvement stick as a lasting cure? I am happy to email her directly but thought I would ask here first. There was a very interesting article in the Baltimore Sun in February 2016 about stem cells for eyes:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-stem-cells-for-eyes-20160201-story.html

Between Chloe's experience and your experience I thought it could make for a compelling similar article about stem cells for hearing, possible I could identify a reporter for a leading publication who would be interested in writing such a story.

• Useful Useful x 1
    7. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was in touch with her some 7 months ago. She is fine.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Bump this thread.

I'm not good at finding news about old threads so I wonder if is there any update to this new?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    9. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      So i guess!! this could be the biggest solution out there?
      having this kind of treatment is way better...
      than dangerous anti-epileptics, than having needles in the middle ear.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      We have alread 2 members who had reduction in their Ts even with regular stem cell therapy for tinnitus. So this is most likely this therapy will work.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      we need to keep digging this

12. jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Ok, real talk, where do I need to go to actually get these injections done? It sounds like they tested these on humans at one point or another, instead of just rat models.

Anyone? I'm guessing it's not going to be posted about in USA much seeing it is studies being done in Japan (I notice less news on here about studies being done in other countries that aren't English speaking for example).

• Good Question Good Question x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Please stop rating my questions everyone. I would just like an answer honestly. No offense. But, someone around here must know.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    14. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I Think we need to contact them!

15. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Informative Informative x 2
    16. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
    17. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      Has anyone been to the Stem Cell Rejuvenation Center in Phoenix, Arizona?

18. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Anyone has an idea, of how can we reach them??

19. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I got in touch 2 months ago. I asked them about NIHL tinnitus stem cells therapy and this is what they told me:

Most of the time tinnitus caused by noise exposure damages the hair cells in your ear. The stem cells that we use are not able to become hair cells so if this is the case then our treatment would be unlikely to help. If your tinnitus is caused by auditory nerve damage (vestibular-cochlear nerve) then we may be able to help, but the chances would still be low. I hope this helps to address your questions. If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best Regards,
      Josh

Stem Cell Rejuvenation Center, LLC.
      Peace Wellness Center, PLLC.

7600 N. 15th Street Ste. 102
      Phoenix, AZ 85020
      (602) 439-0000(602) 439-0000 office
      (602) 439-0021 fax

20. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Whiskeykonteq,
      thanks for you reply, but i was talking about kyoto university!!!
      these are the one who are more likely to help.
      cause their study reveals the huge potencial to help the whole auditory system :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016

http://ata.org/news/news/new-stem-cell-transplantation-method-restores-damaged-auditory-pathways

• Like Like x 1
    22. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Yes. I also want to contact with them. I'm also ready to be a rat in their labs.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      I think that if you have noise induced T, the chances to succeed with stem cells treatment is low to zero. In the other thread attheedgeofscience said that 6 people had the stem cell treatment, 1 of them had noise induced T. For 5 the T got better for the 1 person with noise induced T it didnt.
      So congratulations to us @Mario martz

24. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Zora!!
      i havent heard or read about that...i slightly read about that poster experience with steam cells.
      this article...
      http://ata.org/news/news/new-stem-cell-transplantation-method-restores-damaged-auditory-pathways
      was pulblished a few months ago, and havent been tested on humans.
      so there is still not a word on wich types of tinnitus it works or not works.
      but to be honest it looks promising for all types of tinnitus or nerve damage.

25. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      and still... 1 case is a very small percent...
      this study states a complete different approach than previous steam cells transplantations.

• Like Like x 2
    26. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Besides... attheedgeofsilence got this treatment in 2013,
      this new approach that possible "restores damaged auditory pathways" was just discovered last year! so there is a lot to be seen yet, lets wait :)

• Like Like x 1
    27. whiskeykonteq
      Balanced

whiskeykonteq Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6th Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I see, but this is only study on mouses http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4491783/ - meaning some time will pass when (and if) this goes into clinical treatments :-( There is no one at Kyoto that you can contact that can help (they are researchers working on animal models ... they probably never saw tinnitus patient).

Cheers

28. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      hahah yes thats true.
      but thats why we need to contact them!
      im not saying its a quick fix around the corner, its a possible solution to many, many, many millions of suffers.
      every days passing and all i can see is people suffering more and more.
      even if i didnt have tinnitus myself, i would still very pissed off, about the suffering, and how we are a lot,but still dont united to ask for help. its time to send emails, make phones calls and drive them nuts hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      It depends on how the stem cells are transplanted onto the damaged area and what kind of stem cells are used or what they are converted into. From the sounds of it, the adult stem cells used in these non-FDA approved therapies are not the same as the stem cells used in studies put on by researchers in the field of neurology/biological stem cells. For the sensory cells that make up our ability to process and clearly hear frequencies picked up by the hair cells of each cochlea, the stem cells must be converted in a way to specifically become the spiral ganglion neurons that make up nerve fibers (efferent/afferent) of the auditory nerve. Check out the Kyoto University study that Mario posted. They gave proof that transplanting these specific sensory stem cells onto the glial scars of damaged auditory areas between the brain and inner ear helped restore connections. This has to be one of best ways to efficiently stop tinnitus and restore ones hearing.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    30. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      @Mario martz ive been doing that... I think I call or e-mail at least 3 stem cell clinics a day. I want them to know there is a market for us!!!! We still have a voice and I intend for us to be heard.

• Like Like x 4