Post Your Current Medication / Supplement Stack

Discussion in 'Support' started by GBB, Jan 10, 2021.

1. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      When my hearing loss was minor, I know Nicotinamide Riboside improved it. Now that it's worse because of noise exposure, it has less of an effect. But I still take it daily, hoping I can get back even 5 dB.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Have you ever got NAD+ IV?

3. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      • Like Like x 1
    4. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Yes. Once and never again. It was 250 mg NAD IV that took about 45 minutes. I almost stopped it midway. Very painful stomach cramps, which lasted for about one month after. No change in tinnitus. No brain reboot. I'd stay away.

5. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Sounds rough indeed. I won't be trying that. I saw a doctor mention it's also possible to use a subQ injection as another route of administration but it's not as effective as IV. Might try that once since it's meant to be painless.

I've got a long list of other peptides I'll probably try too. Recently, Epithalon and Pinealon look interesting. They both fight off free radicals very strongly which is something Astaxanthin also does but these other ones are much, much stronger.

They're supposedly good for aging. There are different types of cycles but generally people take a short course for 20 days just once or twice a year.

All the research is done by Russia. Might need to translate a lot of papers to see what's what.

This Pinealon rewrites your DNA apparently. Not sure if I'm that adventurous but maybe it's fine. I think some of the COVID-19 vaccines done the same.

It's an ultrashort peptide so might actually get past the blood labyrinth barrier. I might be talking completely out of my ass too.

6. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      Here's currently what I take daily:

Zoloft, 125 mg
      Gabapentin, 3x 300 mg
      Trazodone 100 mg

Magnesium, 325 mg
      Calcium, 230 mg
      Zinc, 15 mg
      Omega-3, 1380 mg
      Gingko Forte, 60 mg
      Multivitamin 900 mg (B-12, Vit. C, Riboflavin, minerals, etc.)
      Tumeric w/ Ginger, 2mL
      NAC, 600 mg
      TPP, 13 mg

And I have Taurine arriving soon.

• Like Like x 3
    7. Eliska
      Disapproved

Eliska Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022 right ear, 10/2022 left ear
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Right ear - middle ear infection, Left ear - neck issues
      I just found this article and wanted to post it here! Very interesting results.

8. Eliska
      Disapproved

Eliska Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2022 right ear, 10/2022 left ear
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Right ear - middle ear infection, Left ear - neck issues
      @Joe Cuber, does Trazodone help you with sleep? I got a prescription for it right after my tinnitus onset, but I took it only for a couple of days, because I'm paranoid about ototoxicity now. However, I have troubles with sleeping (I get only a few interrupted hours/night, I wake every single night exactly between 2-3 am and then 5.30 am). I bought Melatonin and L-Tyrosine. So far I have only tried Melatonin without effect.

9. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Eliska - Yes, I take Trazodone as a sleeping aid. I take it right before I lay down to sleep.

It does help me to fall asleep, and I haven't noticed any bad effects on my tinnitus from taking it.

I've been taking Trazodone for at least three months now. I started with 25 mg and moved up to 100 mg as I became convinced it was helping me and not harming me.

My sleep was a complete mess when I onset 4 months ago due to massive anxiety. Even before onset, I would commonly wake up in the middle of the night (I have sleep apnea). Once I started taking anti-depression/anti-anxiety meds, taking Trazodone, using a CPAP machine, practicing good sleep hygiene, and playing nature sounds, I was able to sleep through the night.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      The results do look very promising. Gives me a lot more hope in trying out supplements now and it shows that a stack of supplements is better than individual ones since they can have very strong synergistic effects.

I'm also looking into some very strong peptide antioxidants. I think this TB-500 I'm taking could be helping my ear pain a lot since it's a very strong anti-inflammatory. My ear pain was getting better naturally anyway, though so impossible to tell.

• Like Like x 2
    11. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My Taurine came in today. I'll be taking a 1,000 mg capsule once a day to start.

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. BrOKeN_1

BrOKeN_1 Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      I remember those days. I keep some Lorazepam on hand in case I relapse. I haven't had to use it in a couple of months. Although I've been obsessively monitoring my tinnitus for 48 hours now and sleep is slipping. May have to dip soon. I used a CPAP for about 6 months a few years back for some sleep issues I was having, long before tinnitus. Those machines are annoying as hell to get used to but are really helpful.

Glad to hear you are sleeping ok these days. Sleep can make or break a person.

14. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks @BrOKeN_1, I've been working hard on good sleep habits. It's all too easy to get off the rails. I hope you get on top of your sleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. BrOKeN_1

BrOKeN_1 Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High Frequency Hearing Loss
      I work a self inflicted graveyard schedule. So it's a good time. Lol.

16. SamRosemary

SamRosemary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Everyday I have been taking:

Magnesium 100-200 mg
      Turmeric/curcumin
      B12
      ACV
      D3 (when I’m not feeling well)

And most recently which I really feel has helped with my anxiety and in turn my tinnitus, chamomile and chamomile with lavender.

• Like Like x 1
    17. MaxRabbit

MaxRabbit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Zoloft, NOISE, Anxiety, EARBUDS.
      Too much and so far nothing has made a difference:

B12
      B2
      Magnesium (Magtein Now Foods)
      CoQ10
      Omega 3
      D3 (taking this daily for about 4 years)
      MSM
      ALA
      ACV (been drinking for about 4 years)
      GABA Calm Lozenges
      Turmeric w/ pepper (been taking for about 8 years)
      Lion's Mane remains unused in the fridge since this started.

Drink: Ginger, Ashwagandha (fuck spelling), Holy Basil teas.

Sleep: Small bits of Benadryl and tears.

Anyone gone the TCM route? There are links between seizures and tinnitus from the same overload of brain nerve activity. There are some herbs that are said to calm seizures and could in turn, maybe, calm the T.

Heres to relief! Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
    18. CW Dragon
      Conehead

CW Dragon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      Just supplements?

NAC
      Qualia Mind, no caffeine
      Taurine
      L-Theanine
      Magnesium L-Threonate
      Iodine (Lugol's)
      Boron
      Nicotinamide Riboside
      CoQ10
      Fish Oil (Nordic Naturals)
      D3 (prefer sunlight)
      Astaxanthin
      Ashawagandha
      (I have R Lipoic Acid + Ceylon Cinnamon on the way)

Think I'm missing a few for the above list. I take a lot of Ibuprofen unfortunately

19. Ela Stefan

Ela Stefan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Do they help? How long have you taken them?

20. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      All that money being flushed down the toilet every day.

Don't mind me, I have a cupboard full of the same supplements that did absolutely nothing for either my tinnitus/sleep/anxiety.

I currently have GABA, vitamin B1 and Magnesium on my desk, but almost ready to drop them too because they don't help either.

But - good luck to you all and please let us know if any of those 400 supplements actually work.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    21. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      I agree, for many, supplements are a lot of money flushed down the toilet, @Ben Winders.

However, even if it doesn't work for you, it might work for others - placebo or not. Sometimes you shouldn't even underestimate the power of placebo.

For me, several supplements have "worked" - for my use.

I can agree with one thing though, @Ben Winders; if you are referring to supplements as a cure for tinnitus - the answer is no. But they can have good synergistic effects, and can also help with relaxation and sleep - all of which affect tinnitus and hyperacusis.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    22. karsten

karsten Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Massive earwax plug left unremoved for too long.
    23. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      The antioxidant group received one multivitamin-multimineral tablet once a day with their meal and one tablet of Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) twice a day on an empty stomach.

I've ordered some ALA and should have it soon. Nootropics Depot have the highest quality supplements out of any of the shops. Lots of them underdose tablets massively. Nootropics Depot have bought competitors' supplements, lab tested them and posted results. The owner has tinnitus himself and seems like an extremely genuine guy, also very intelligent. Nootropics Depot are more expensive than most but it's higher quality and worth it in my opinion.

The owner has tried every single supplement and still has tinnitus. Everyone is different but supplements won't get rid of tinnitus completely in most cases. There is a chance at least that some supplements might give some people some relief though and that little bit of help could mean a lot.

This is the one I ordered.

• Like Like x 1
    24. CW Dragon
      Conehead

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      Possibly, not really sure. Most of them I've been taking since about mid July.

My audiogram showed improvement so that's a help. I don't know which of the supplements did it, or changes to my diet, but it keeps me in peace of mind knowing I'm at least trying for now.

Depending on what my hearing is like in 10 months, I will reevaluate and probably change back to old ways.

25. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      This is my current supplement stack. I have a huge amount more ordered which I should be getting soon too.
      • Multivitamin
      • Vitamin C
      • Vitamin D3
      • Vitamin B12
      • Magnesium
      • ALCAR
      • Vinpocetine
      • L-Carnosine
      • Lion's Mane
      • PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE (PEA)
      • Fish Oil
      • Resveratrol (Nootropics Depot just launched a high quality version of this)
      • Ashwagandha
      • L-Theanine
      • Ginger
      • Curcumin
      • Coffee
      I think some things are making me feel a little more calm like the L-Theanine, Ashwagandha and maybe Lion's Mane. No real change in tinnitus or pain but they vary massively anyway so it's very hard to tell.

This list is about to triple in size very soon :D

26. Ela Stefan

Ela Stefan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Can you please post the full supplement list, including what is coming soon? How much do they all cost, average monthly price, and do you have preferences for shops where to get them?

Thank you!

27. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Go back through the posts to see my bigger list. I'll update again when I'm taking them.

I believe Nootropics Depot has the highest quality supplements out of anyone. They have their own lab and post results of testing which nobody else does. They are expensive but the quality makes up for it in my opinion.

I spent $4,000 so far on what would probably be half a year's supply but I won't be taking it all at once, I don't think.

I'm not actually going to take the Dihexa because I am worried about the cancer risk.

This is what I ordered from Intellimeds:

upload_2022-10-14_13-22-42.png

The extra things I ordered are:
      • Magnolia Bark
      • Maca
      • Matrine
      • DL-Phenylalanine
      • Apigenin
      • High Bioavailability Noble Kava
      • Epicatechin
      • Black Hoof Mushroom
      • Cyracos Lemon Balm
      • N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
      • Alpha-GPC
      • Pomella
      • Injuv Softgels
      • Gotu Kola
      • Horny Goat Weed (bought this as a joke kin of)
      • Pyridoxal-5'- Phosphate Capsules (P5P)
      • Astragaloside IV Capsules
      • Smart PS™ Phosphatidylserine
      • Berberine HCL
      • Supercritical CO2 Coriander Extract (I didn't get this but Nootropics Depot just listed it and apparently it's very good for relaxation which would help a lot with tinnitus).
      • HUPERZINE A (there is a whole thread for this one on Tinnitus Talk. There's a long term study going on right now if it relieves tinnitus so it's definitely worth a shot. I got it on Amazon.
      I think that's everything I ordered if you go through my past few posts. Might be missing a few things though. I'm basically just trying to find some combo that alleviates my tinnitus and pain enough so that I can live normally. Lots of the stress reducing things will probably help a lot. Some of the pain ones should be good too and the anti-inflammation ones as well.

Some peptides I want to try that I didn't mention before are CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin. Maybe a HGH analogue too. They're mostly all too expensive for long term use unless you get them from China. I think ARA-290 might be my best hope for the nerve pain. That's the worst for me when it flares up.

So coupling all this with a good diet and lots of sleep. Exercise is also very important as it increases the permeability of the blood brain barrier so these things have a higher chance of getting closer to the brain/ear.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    28. Ela Stefan

Ela Stefan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      How did it work out with the BC-157? I know you were trying that. Do these peptides help with tinnitus? Did the BC-157 help with tinnitus? Tinnitus is my main problem and other ordinary supplements I have tried didn't help much, if any.

Are Nootropics Depot and Intellimeds located in Europe? No customs problems? I'm from Romania.

Currently I'm trying to get off benzos as well, so probably taking many supplements at the same time is not a good idea. The opinions are so divided in this matter.

Thank you again! Wish you good recovery!

29. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      The BPC-157 didn't change my tinnitus one way or the other. It maybe made it very slightly better, or it made my mood better so then that made it better.

Nootropics Depot ship from Arizona and they do ship to the EU. I had no issue shipping to Ireland when I used a courier, DHL. Intellimeds do also ship to EU. You might need to pay extra customs charges if buying from Nootropics Depot, depends on your country, it was only a small fee for me.

Maybe some GABA type drugs would help you when getting off benzos. Best to talk to your doctor about it anyway.

30. CW Dragon
      Conehead

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Impulse Noise
      Possibly (more like probably), I regained some hearing but at the same time, I can hear my tinnitus more so in conjunction. Something I didn't think would happen nor a trade off I wanted to make.

I'm dumping most of them and will stay on NAC and maybe basic others like Iron, Melatonin, Benadryl, painkillers, etc.

• Like Like x 2