Really Need Help Here. So Worried.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JoshuaD2002, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is a very encouraging sign. It is not relentlessly at the same level, so chances are the quiet times will gradually get longer and longer.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm hoping to make a full recovery. This is possible?

• Like Like x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    5. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      No...try and get some sleep or rest. You have to hear things or you will become really sensitive to sound. My kids scream all the time and it hasn't done anything to my T from NIHL from a gunshot.

6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Staying in a quiet surrounding and listening to tinnitus is not a good thing to do. It will make your brain focus on the noise and can make it more intrusive if you are not careful. Use sound enrichment. Please click on the link below and read my posts that you might find helpful.

Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-to-tinnitus-what-to-do.12558/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/is-positivity-important.23150/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-and-the-negative-mindset.23705/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/acquiring-a-positive-mindset.23969/

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It had worked for me. But of course try to minimize your negative emotional reaction when you become aware of your T.
      Daily fluctuations are meaningless. The only thing that matters is the monthly trend.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      We are all different but ask any Hearing Therapist or Audiologist that practices tinnitus and hyperacusis management. They will tell you that silent surroundings are the worst things for tinnitus particularly sleeping in a quiet room.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What are you saying 'No' to?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My ultimate fear is that a permanent spike is going to happen. Though I've heard they are difficult to achieve? Constantly paranoid. I am confident that this onset is not due to damage however. It's just impossible.

11. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Read my posts in the links that I've sent you and refer to them often. This will help reinforce negative thinking. Have a word with your doctor about how you feel.

Best of luck
      Michael

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Michael. Your post seems to suggest that you can only habituate and that it doesn't actually go away?? I thought it could!

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    14. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @JoshuaD2002

Tinnitus can go away but it depends what has caused it? The most common cause of tinnitus is exposure to loud noise. You do not mention what caused your tinnitus. If you have been using headphones regularly or going to places where loud music is played, then your tinnitus could be noise induced. Tinnitus is not likely to go completely away if it was noise induced although it is not impossible. Many people learn to cope with tinnitus within 6 months to a year and this is called habituation. Many people habituate and go on to lead perfectly normal lives doing everything that they want to. Read my post: New to tinnitus what to do and: Tinnitus, A Personal View. Give it time and try not to worry too much, things will get better.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    15. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It can - see the studies in my earlier post. Those whose T doesn't disappear, can still get relief as a result of habituation. Some people's T doesn't disappear, but it fades a lot and gets to be a lot quieter...

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Right... I'm beginning to feel annoyed.
      I was not exposed to loud noise prior. Hadn't even used earphones a week prior either, and whenever I do use them I never go into dangerous volume levels. Ever. Yes, a couple days after the onset, I shouted (I mentioned this earlier). I really don't think this would've made it permanent. I will be very annoyed if this doesn't go away. Apart from my brief yell, which was far from the top of my voice, there is NO reason this should be noise induced. Always been careful. @Michael Leigh

17. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnitus can disappear but as I've said depends what has caused it? Tinnitus that's caused by an ear infection, once the infection has cleared up the tinnitus usually goes. When a person develops tinnitus they are often frighted and this is normal. As days and weeks pass this anxiety and stress usually gets better. Tinnitus that lasts for longer than 6 months is considered permanent but has been known to still go away for some people.

Michael

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I've written my opinion based on the cause above. Please read that.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It actually came on after a period of severe stress. Only now it remains in in one ear. Again, unless you disagree, there is NO reason this should be noise induced.

20. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002 ,
      You say you have anxiety and depression and I think this is the cause of your tinnitus and as both tinnitus and emotions come from the limbic part of your brain you can see why one can cause the other.
      As you have not had tinnitus for long it is more likely from the anxiety as the other things you mention could just spike it.
      Try to keep calm and off load stress and stress management should help your tinnitus.
      Playing natural sounds or music you like to relax you is good and deep breathing.
      You also know what it's like to have tinnitus so protect your ears around extra loud sounds and using headphones and ear phones on the lowest setting and will help protect your ears .
      Time is a great healer and learn skills to cope with anxiety and stress will help .
      Love glynis

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm very appreciative of your words. I' just confused as to why it's only in the left ear too. I'm angry because I've been more aware of hearing loss and ear protection for years. Always been careful. I'm really upset.

22. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @JoshuaD2002 ,
      Tinnitus is sure a mystery when we go in to why only one ear .
      Let's hope wax removal will help somewhat.
      Your really young so fingers crossed it settles or goes away.
      Hope you go on ok at ENT .
      Love glynis

23. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The onset of tinnitus can make a person feel upset but this will reduce with time. The advice @glynis has given you is spot on and advise you to follow it.

All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well it got loud yesterday evening and now it's still loud. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

25. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Just because it is still there does not mean it is permanent. One of my spikes took over three months to clear. You have to be patient and try to ride it out.

26. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      You only had tinnitus for a very short time, it’s still way too early to say whether it’s permanent or not. It can still go away. (There are many stories of people who had tinnitus for a couple of weeks or months and it slowly but surely or even suddenly went away.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Tinnitus will vary in volume and tones heard literally every single day. The key is to not obsess over it. You can not change it, it will do what its going to do so you need to just go with the flow and ride it out. The worst thing at first is being opened up to the possibility of anything being possible, but from my experience if its noise induced and you stay away from loud noises it will fade away over the course of months. Give it 6 months to a year and your T will be massively improved. It can go away completely or go to a level that is literally nothing, but its a bit like a smouldering fire so you have to be careful.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Look. I'm not coping over here. Severe panic attacks and crying. As I'm 15, I of course attend school. Many loud noises happened at school today. I do have to bare in mind I'm hypersensitive to sound, yes, but too many loud noises. Someone slapping test paper against a table, someone laughing loudly near left ear, box being slammed on table, a motorbike went past next to me (they were going slow i guess).I'm not sure if these noises are actually threatening, or if I've just become more sensitive and afraid to loud noises. But as I come home from school today, the ringing is loud. Have I made it permanently worse? It's not getting quieter. No one else seem to flinch at such sounds except me. Please help me I'm in tears as I type. How worried do I need to be about these sounds. It's got loud I think Ive made it worse :( USER=3134]@Michael Leigh[/USER] @Bill Bauer

• Hug Hug x 2
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JoshuaD2002
      Alone

JoshuaD2002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Also, I really can't see how this could possibly be noise induced.

30. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @JoshuaD2002,
      Make sure you get support from your head of year and permission to go to a quiet place like the library anytime you need to with a pass to leave a lesson due to tinnitus and sensitive ears to daily school sounds you mention above .
      Love glynis