Solsaem Clinic (Dr. Minbo Shim) Experience

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by JohnAdams, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I understand the predicament you’re in, but don’t let your guard down. There are many people out there who profit from people’s suffering. This is perfectly fine and ethical when there is an evidence base to back up one’s claims.

When something is still experimental, however, it should be treated as such, and not used to exploit people. Participating in a clinical trial doesn’t cost anything other than one’s time (as long as you fit the criteria), or some form of remuneration is usually offered.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      So when someone has cancer and pays for cancer treatment that may or may not save their life then they are likewise being exploited by your logic.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      There aren't many clinical trials for chronic tinnitus sufferers. Most of them appear to be for acute cases only. I will try to get a hold of Dr. Abraham Shulman in regard to the efficacy of IT PRP injections for tinnitus.

I noticed I've been falling asleep during the day somewhat and have been awakened to severe noise. Maybe I'll look into CPAP again. My unit is quite old. It is a 2005 model I believe. It is possible sleep apnea and tinnitus are related to a certain degree. I think I'm eligible for a new CPAP with my insurance covering most of it. The new ones are much more compact. I have been using a sleep appliance with bands on it to keep my airway open instead of a CPAP. Sometimes I forget to put it in though. They are not as effective as a CPAP according to my sleep study.

4. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’m saying one should always do their research. And thoroughly.

I personally find it odd that certain people are attacked and criticised relentlessly on this site, but not others. Do you believe in Liam Boehm’s treatment method for example? Or Julian Cowan Hills’s craniosacral therapy?

If not, then why not? Is it because of the lack of evidence they have? If so, then I think you need to reevaluate your position somewhat. All this demonstrates to me is that you are susceptible to the confirmation bias.

I try to be as neutral as possible, but we all have biases to some degree and that’s inescapable. I am critical about anyone who claims extraordinary things without any evidence, regardless of who it is or what they practice.

One of the Drs that @just1morething is looking into is claiming that a PRP injection is a replacement for cochlear implants!

5. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      The point I was trying to make is that this is what these Drs should be doing. I think it’s outrageous that they have the gall to charge people for something that is completely experimental whilst exclaiming it’s as effective as a cochlear implant! There is no scientific data to confirm this, because I assure you, if it was indeed as effective as they are saying it is, then it would be everywhere.

PRP needs a lot more research.

6. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it was primarily for sensorineural hearing loss and possibly tinnitus. I don't know if you have to be practically deaf to be a candidate for a cochlear implant? I don't know if it is reversible either.

7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cochlear implant candidates are usually severely deaf, so for him to say it can replace them is another way of saying that PRP can reverse severe hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      One would then have to question why there are so many companies putting millions into hearing regeneration?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I completely agree with him that there are 3 electrons per mitochondria. He truly gets it.
      You've demonstrated to me that you're susceptible to something that's for sure.
      Right, and I've said that you were right about the journal and repeated numerous times that before anyone else tries any PRP treatments that it needs to be properly tested in a clinical trial setting.

It's hilarious that you act like you have god-like powers to know my tinnitus better than I do. You talk to me as if I am claiming that I found the cure for tinnitus and everyone should rush out to Seoul when in fact I haven't urged anyone to follow in my footsteps. The only thing I have claimed is that my tinnitus improved in the time after I visited the clinic and it didn't improve as much as I would have wanted it to and I honestly cannot for a fact attribute my improvements to my treatments. On the other hand, you parade around like you know everything about this from your little hobbit-hole up in the Shire.

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      To claim that a few PRP injections can replace CIs is absurd. Minbo Shim uses more than just PRP and after far more treatments never claimed such a drastic improvement in hearing.

11. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      But I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to @just1morething. I never mentioned you once.

If you don’t want me to reply then don’t tag me here. If you think I act like I have god-like powers then I’ll respect your opinion, as you’re free to think and believe whatever you want. I really don’t mind.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I found a way to get the main ingredient to the Hough Ear Pill but to replicate their dosing schedule would cost me tens of thousands of dollars that I don't have. We have to fight and raise our voice in unison about all of these drugs. It's our lives. We have to fight and not sit here complacent about the entire approval process.

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Are you breaking into Hough Ear Institute? From what I read of your posts you are doing fairly well noisewise if that's a word. I waiting for another quiet day but they are few and hard to if not impossible to duplicate.

I'm looking into TMJ/neck issues plus possibly using my old CPAP for now. Got to keep trying. My Eustachian tubes seem kind of plugged up. Not sure that is related to my noise.

I'm not sure how your DIY pill is supposed to be made? Do you have some information from Justin De Moss?

14. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      GlennS, learn to meme.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      How do you know their dosing schedule?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just for mice. From their patent.

18. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      The human dose should be much smaller on a mg/kg basis.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    21. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      OK, is this one more appropriate to your quote?

1qz1dq.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      GlennS, no. That's not how it works. That particular meme has to start with "one does not simply". Like this:
      upload_2019-12-31_15-35-45.png

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      As you wish, then.

3kw6uf.jpg

3kw73n.jpg

24. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Given the data provided by Shim (at http://cmclinics.com/category/about-our-clinic/) most commonly fixing frequencies between 500-6000 Hz, and FX-322’s likely inclination to treat frequencies of 8000 Hz+, I feel like between the two of these treatments the entire hearing spectrum could be almost entirely restored.

I realize the treatment provided by Shim creates great controversy on this forum. I’m inclined to think that his methods have to be at least partially effective if his technique has existed for years now in such a no-nonsense medical environment in South Korea. His reporting of results is relatively modest. I think that covering the missing frequencies between 501 Hz-5999 Hz would be massively effective for those with hidden hearing loss not detected by archaic audiometry.

25. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Frequency Therapeutics reported good drug penetrance from 3500 Hz+ in one of their slides. You are probably thinking 8000 Hz because of the much smaller phase 1 dosing.

Pipeline and OTO-413 are both addressing hidden hearing loss.

• Like Like x 2
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The improvements that I experienced in the time after my treatment were in the lower frequencies.

27. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Really? That’s excellent news.

It never made much sense to me why PIPE-505 and OTO-413 are being marketed for hidden hearing loss. But considering FX-322 should beat both of them to the punch, they may be rendered completely obsolete.

28. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Hidden hearing loss is synaptopathy. Frequency addresses cochlear hair cell loss. Those are both two different problems that can affect hearing and tinnitus. It's possible to be helped by one much more than the other.

29. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      So you essentially agree with me, then?

30. mrbrightside614

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Appreciate the clarification. I thought the term hidden hearing loss basically encompassed all of the frequencies not measured in conventional audiometry (e.g. 555 Hz, 2020 Hz, etc.)