Solsaem Clinic (Dr. Minbo Shim) Experience

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by JohnAdams, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Eddie, you miserable slob. Is Shim here marketing this? No. Is anyone that tried this telling anyone to go? No. Has anyone here made any sensational claims about this therapy? No.

You're just flailing around like a triggered asshole.

2. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      @Tom Wilton all that matters is this treatment likely helped @JohnAdams a lot.

Sure it didn’t cure him but I’ve read through this thread from beginning to end, and John noted his improvements right from the early months.

Call it whatever you want, placebo, scam, whatever. John is doing better than he was before and his experimenting is to thank for that.

I also saw your skepticism on the Lenire thread.

I don’t mean to come across as confrontational but I’m tired of the negativity on this forum. People, especially people like me, need something to believe in.

Whether that be this, Lenire, or anything else—you don’t know better than anyone else at the end of the day because you haven’t tried these treatments. So you don’t really have a right to call it a scam.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Am I missing something obvious here? Why are you calling @Tom Wilton, Eddie? I hope you’re not implying that’s me?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're missing all kinds of stuff.

5. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Stop being cryptic. Why did you call Tom Wilton, Eddie?

6. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      John gets needles jabbed into his pelvis multiple times for the bone marrow and Tom says it's likely all water.

Ok.

For a lawyer, he doesn't seem very thorough when building a case when he makes claims. :|

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      I’m not trying to be negative, I’m trying to stop people from wasting their hard earned money on an obvious scam. Can’t believe that’s being called negative.

There are treatments / research you can believe in and look forward to. I suggest donating money to an actual research campaign or scientist. I don’t suggest giving money to the Shim Sham Scam, which still has zero studies published.

I just as much as anyone else here wants there to be a cure. But this ain’t it. There are more things coming down the pipeline just gotta look for that and give money to research.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      My middle name is Tom, who is Eddie?

This entire thread has you discussing Shim. You are talking about how it helped you. You talking to people on the fence and giving them the nudge. You defending shim left and right when people bring up concerns about inconsistencies with him.

Then when someone like Aldo says it’s a shit show, you jump down his throat and accuse him of lying.

PRP may be an avenue to hearing restoration, but Shim ain’t gunna take us down that road. No one who has gone besides yourself has said they got any improvement. It is what it is.

9. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I really doubt you're Tom. You don't have the writing style, and have shown yourself to be much more informed despite my disagreement. I also doubt you're immature enough to pull it off.

This Tom Wilton fellow doesn't at all hint he knows a thing of what he's talking about, yelling at the air that he thinks it's a scam without providing much substance. If you were Tom, I think you'd try to make better arguments.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How I *think* it helped me you lousy liar.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Man, you really don't know anything. Really sad.
      I haven't nudged anyone prick. I have consistently said I think that this needs further studies. I defend Shim against people falsely accusing him of being a scammer. You're just being a bitch ass Nazi because I'm not flailing around and calling people you don't like names with you. You really are a loser man. You should be embarrassed.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Please provide me with clinical and scientific evidence that Shim’s treatment is effective. Not PRP related studies showing it may help, but evidence that Shim’s treatment works. Show me any evidence of proof that Shim specific procedure works. Hell, show me any documentation or information about the specifics of Shims treatments. Too bad there isn’t any...

Besides John do we got anyone else who has any benefit shown with scientific measures? Any improved audiograms?

I guess we’ll have to wait till Shim gets off his ass and publishes the studies and gets it peer reviewed. Might have to wait a while....

I am not sure what evidence I have to show you or prove to you seeing that Shim has none himself and doesn’t divulge what exactly is done in his procedure and the make up of the injections. Anytime someone is smart enough to ask he just tells them, “your not ready”. So when someone asks what is exactly going to be done and the science behind it before coughing up thousands he tells them they aren’t ready? Does that make sense to you?

So once Shim produces a full report with every single thing outlined and we can look it all up then yes, it’s a scam. Until then, you can’t tell me with any certainty what he is doing.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There aren't any dumbass and you know that.

That's not true either moron. There's no evidence R. David Case's treatment works. There's no evidence curcumin quiets tinnitus in some people. Seriously, you are a truly sad, and angry person. Your mother really screwed you up man.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likewise, until a peer-reviewed study comes out that shows this isn't effective then yes, you're an asshole.

15. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm afraid that I don't believe Aldo either. Something doesn't feel right about him. I don't want to elaborate any further.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      To be honest, I can’t even believe that leap was made in the first place. I’ve made two posts here in the last 4 months and I’m already being called a slob and an asshole, by proxy. Charming!

I can assure you that I’ve got better things to do with my time than pretend to be other people on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Mathieulh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic headphones use and acute noise induced trauma.
      To be fair, the science is backing this treatment up, the problem comes with the exposure and the dosage, this would likely require multiple (in the hundreds?) shots over a prolonged period (weeks/months) to gain any significant improvement (assuming it does work, which I assume it actually does, because "science") this makes Dr Shim's clinic quite the overpriced experience, unfortunately the options being quite limited, there isn't much else available but palliative care, which would make people willing to undergo a quite expensive and somewhat risky procedure to get a chance at the slightest improvement.

Does that make Dr Shim a scammer? I don't think so, does that make his treatment dubious and with a serious lack of data behind it? Certainly. Are you better off waiting for more efficient (and likely less expensive) treatments to become available? (such as FX-322 if that works). I would say that's likely, that's up to you to decide though, 5 to 10 years, which is probably what it'll take to get to us, is a long time.

18. Mathieulh
      No Mood

Mathieulh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic headphones use and acute noise induced trauma.
      That's not how it works, I am sorry to say that burden of proof comes to whomever promotes/introduces/distributes the procedure, i.e. they have to prove, (through one or several peer reviewed study(ies) if possible), the effectiveness of the procedure/product they promote.

• Winner Winner x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      100% agree.

Stop calling this man a scammer. My power levels are rising and I had an awesome moment of clarity earlier about this entire situation and it is air tight logic. So just stop or I will wreck you idiots and I will do it in a way that that simply shows even the normiest of normies how clearly stupid you are.

There is *someone* that probably has the goal of making sure the word scam or a variation of it appears at least 50 times on every page of this thread because they feel like Batman trying to save the world from evil doers and they are so stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bullshit. You can't just call someone a scammer without proof. You cannot just say they don't meet your personal or even society's standards of evidence and then turn around and call them frauds like that. This very well could treat a large subset of tinnitus. This is why this needs to be studied in a clinical setting independently with placebo groups and all that entails.

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Personally, I think there should be a disclaimer at the top of this thread advising against seeing Dr Shim - based on what is known and the cost. Many people who come here are suffering and desperate for relief and I believe they struggle to view this treatment objectively and with clarity.

No disrespect to John, but he seems highly susceptible to the placebo effect as he has reported that many things have silenced his tinnitus. There is also the prevalence of an echo chamber mentality in threads like these where critical opinions and viewpoints are shouted down and sometimes personally attacked. A Healthy discussion should involve pullback and contrarian views in a civilised manner.

@Allan Mcmillan, I’d strongly advise that you read through all of this thread (if you haven’t already) and all of the old thread about Dr Shim’s clinic(s) before pulling the trigger and handing over any money. There are a lot of red flags surrounding this and absolutely no proof of efficacy. Dr Stefan Heller and Dr Peter Wehling’s clinic both advise against this treatment and they are leading authorities in this field. I have also spoken to medical experts in real life about this and none of them recommended it and they were very outspoken about the methods involved. Essentially, it’s highly unethical to experiment on people in this way whilst CHARGING them large sums of money for it. If he is serious about this then he should be doing some RCTs where people can enrol to be experimented on (at no cost or for monetary compensation) as this will provide useful data for medical literature that can be used around the world. He claims that he successfully completed a trial in 2014 but he refuses to publish it, which is very bizarre and highly unusual. His price also tripled within the last two years. If you still want to go after fully researching this, Alan, then that is your prerogative and your free choice.

A few of us have spoken directly with Dr Shim and one thing that’s always apparent is that he doesn’t like you to ask him about the clinical evidence he has. In fact, if you do, he usually ends the conversation by saying things like “you’re not ready.”You can see an example of this on the first or second page of this thread and in the old Dr Shim thread. Here’s an excerpt from my conversation with him:

7A1DB0F6-7B3B-4770-8E46-13736806484F.jpeg
      A36A377C-0E4F-4649-B8DB-58B13F76C694.jpeg
      9F6003CA-E971-4DB2-9626-A0ECBEB810D3.jpeg
      A1C7FF53-2104-4ADF-BA0C-343BAA87E944.jpeg
      71FE881F-FA84-4F2D-BA6B-75DBFEE21CE9.jpeg
      F1D37C73-F97D-4E3E-B9C1-91807FC7A650.jpeg

I find it alarming that he keeps citing a patent as clinical evidence. Earlier in this thread, it was also revealed that he contradicted himself by saying that his treatment doesn’t over a particular time frame (read about it here: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/solsaem-clinic-dr-minbo-shim-experience.33543/page-42) even though he was giving people the dosages being discussed for many years. This also contradicts the claim that he had completed a successful study in 2014 because it makes no sense; especially with all the successful testimonies and audiogram improvements displayed on his website. He doesn’t accept credit cards, either, which is rather unusual. In fact, I’ve never come across a reputable business that doesn’t accept them. This may suggest that he was getting a lot of requests for refunds via people’s credit card companies or that he was/is trying to avoid that very situation. The solution for this would be to cut out credit cards altogether and use only direct bank transfers or Western Union. Of course, this could also mean absolutely nothing at all, but it is another red flag nonetheless. There are many other things that don’t add up when you investigate this properly.

@Tinnitard, I sincerely hope your spike fades and that you find some relief from your symptoms, and to anyone else who has visited his clinic, I wish you all the best and hope that your tinnitus fades.

At the end of the day, I’m just trying to look out for the well-being of other people.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hold on, let me go dig up our past disputes where I busted you lying about all kinds of stuff. It will be a comprehensive report.

• Funny Funny x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Here is a disclaimer: Ed209 is an unintelligent know it all and a liar. For some odd reason he has decided to take it upon himself to save the world from Minbo Shim and he doesn't even really know anything about it. This is my thread and I'm not telling anyone to go to this clinic and Eddie has some kind of weird belief that he is smarter than every other human being on this website and has to be our nanny.

He is claiming my improvements, which have basically been almost a total reduction in my tinnitus, must be due to some placebo effect. So either placebos can actually quiet tinnitus because the power of belief can actually has an effect on your tinnitus levels, which is nonsense, or I am deceiving my self and I actually still have bad HF tinnitus.

Eddie is not in my head, he has no idea what I am hearing. He is a presumptuous know it all.

• Winner Winner x 1
    24. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cheers for that, buddy. That really adds to the debate at hand in a very helpful way.

You take things way too personally, John. Everything I say is against Dr Shim’s methods and not you. Why is it that a sensible argument against Shim’s treatment is always met with complete anger and vitriolic outbursts by you? It’s not even a personal attack against you, and that’s why I don’t understand why you flip out so much. Every point I have made can be extensively refuted with a clear argument against what I’ve said. There’s never any need for juvenile name-calling.

Also, why are you using my full name? (moderator edit: removed the part of JohnAdams' post where he revealed the identity) Do you realise that I have already received vile messages in the past to a personal account of mine that has nothing to do with this forum? What kind of a sad and pathetic person does this? The way you post encourages more of this behaviour.

The person who sent me the messages isn’t even smart enough to cover their tracks because I know exactly who it was and they still post here. It’s actually a really sinister and evil thing to do, but unfortunately, there are people amongst us who think this is a normal thing to do. It’s actually even more sinister when you discover what else this person has done.

Just to be clear, this is what I had to read leading up to my cystoscopy:

B7F15760-D014-46B2-A241-99C85E5A337A.jpeg
      57C2A631-65E4-4F5C-88F0-7A1617A84F3B.jpeg
      2AE81770-CFE0-41EB-9D86-5CD0F7753356.jpeg

And then people wonder why nobody wants to advocate for this cause or come forward for videos!

My aim in this thread was to warn people against some of the concerning red flags that surround this treatment so that people are better informed as to make an educated decision. I implore people to research any surgeon or treatment they are about to undertake. It’s not healthy to maintain an echo chamber like ethos.

Anyway, have a good day John, and my advice to you is to relax a little more and ease up on the constant insults.

• Informative Informative x 1
    25. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      You truly are an interesting person. For someone who preaches science and research you seem to close your eyes and plug your ears on this Shim Sham Scam.

By your logic I can say that drinking goat urine cures tinnitus and until you prove me wrong, it’s true... see how that doesn’t work?

26. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Please educate me about Shim's specific treatment and how it is effective. Not PRP, but Shim’s treatment.

27. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      I don’t think you get it. We are all for PRP getting researched. PRP may be an avenue to helping. Shim Sham Scam isn’t the vehicle to take us there. He is very dubious and hiding everything and not letting us see. He’s pulled the wool over your eyes and got you. Until he gets peer reviewed and publishes his research we don’t know shit about it.

It is literally that simple, not sure why it’s difficult.

28. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Classic scammer tactics.

It is quite funny how he deflects every question and doesn’t give a straight forward answer. He feels it is unreasonable to ask questions and get more information before spending 18k. Haha What a snake in the grass he is. It is obvious he wants to pull the wool over desperate people’s eyes and take them for what they’ve got.

He references looking at his studies and numbers on his website. I nearly laughed myself out of my chair. Does he really think that anyone with a brain would trust that? How do we know that it isn’t faked or doctored? I can’t trust shit until it is peer reviewed or has a study from a clinical trial.

Like I said, PRP may help, but who the hell knows what Shim is doing. There are no regulations with his procedure and he doesn’t disclose anything about it as you can see from your conversation.

He is using a, “Just trust me” tactic. I am not sure why John is dying on this hill. The fact his disregards all and every critique of Shim shows he is biased and unwilling to see the sketchy nature of his practices.

29. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I don't see @JohnAdams pushing anyone to see Dr. Shim for treatments any more than @attheedgeofscience was pushing anyone to go to Stem Cells 21.

They are just informing others of their experience is all. Nobody has a gun to their head to seek treatment of any kind. It is all voluntary with no guarantees.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I always said this should be INDEPENDENTLY researched.

He didn't pull anything over my eyes, I voluntarily went there on my own after conducting my own research.

• Like Like x 3