Still Going Through the Phases of Habituation — Wonderful Video: CBT for Tinnitus Distress

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chris Holland, Jun 2, 2019.

1. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      ^^^^This is a good example even though I wasn't even talking about this guy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Autumnly thanks for your thoughts; I think you've explored a fairly controversial topic here with a lot of reason, insight, and no tendency to go off half-cocked.

That said, as soon as I saw this thread I knew the OP was going to say something like
      And that he would then get dogpiled by a bunch of people taking offense for no good reason. With the exception of yours and Greg's thoughtful replies (which I respect even if I disagree in places), this thread looks exactly like I expected, with the added bonus that chat drama between people who can't get along has been needlessly dragged in here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Go tell people with cancer to habituate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Here is an excellent, positive post on another thread, by a member who benefited from Dr. Hubbard's CBT for Tinnitus Distress, as well as The Back to Silence Method by TT member I Who Love Music.

I had very good results from both CBT, and the Back To Silence Method, in the early days of my Tinnitus, and continue to improve through using them, and doing other things, to help myself.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/the-positivity-thread.3142/page-46#post-353227

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    5. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Although my tinnitus can be quite loud and intrusive, I could learn to live with it if it wasn't for my hyperacusis and the way my T seems to spike so easily. So that type of CBT might work better for people whose T symptoms are stable.