Support Dr. Rauschecker's Tinnitus Research — a Man Who Really Means to Make a Difference

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by dfl, Oct 7, 2018.

1. reggie green
      Balanced

reggie green Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2001
      I may have to reschedule the appointment because of work, sorry.

2. Deamon22

Deamon22 Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma/Cold?
      Got an email from Fiona. I thought I would share it here, maybe someone wants to donate.

Dear Friends,

Please consider supporting the Dr. Josef Rauschecker's tinnitus research at Georgetown University Medical Center this Giving Tuesday.

Help us continue his important research. We have raised $1,745 towards $50,000 goal.

Thank you to everyone who has already supported his effort!

*100% of funds raised will go directly to Dr. Rauschecker's research*

--
      Fiona Zhu (S'17)
      Assistant Director of Development, GUMC Advancement
      Office of Advancement, Georgetown University
      3300 Whitehaven St NW, Suite, 4000, Washington, DC 20007
      p: 202-687-3709​

• Like Like x 1
    3. Margaret21

Margaret21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Greetings @Markku and everyone. This fundraiser needs global awareness perhaps from celebrities that have opened up about this drastically life changing condition? Is there anyone who can connect with them to share the fundraiser link on their Twitter, Facebook, Instagram accounts? Then it would be more realistic to make the goal?

Thank you for listening.

4. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      *Click* Just bumping this post during the 2019 Tinnitus Week. Once again, amazing Podcast with Dr. Rauschecker.

• Like Like x 3
    5. TimmyC
      Innocent

TimmyC Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD possibly, or neck and jaw, or maybe anxiety?
      I agree. Is there any way @dfl could raise more awareness on his social media? I know he did a video for Dr. Rauschecker in the past (he's awesome for doing that by the way), but there has to be a way to get more notice on Dr. Rauschecker. The TED Talk helped but only so much.

6. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      The TEDx Talk did help heaps. I was thinking the next step could be doing a video presentation with Dr. Rauschecker on https://bigthink.com platform. Scientists and influential people of all interests are given space to talk about the things they want to, doing interviews and such. Big Think has a YouTube channel with a huge audience as well.

"Big Think is the leading source of expert-driven, actionable, educational content -- with thousands of videos, featuring experts ranging from Bill Clinton to Bill Nye, we help you get smarter, faster. We aim to help you explore the big ideas and core skills that define knowledge in the 21st century, so you can apply them to the questions and challenges in your own life."​

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Can he apply for government grants? I just had time to read through this and found it to be so honest and real. On the link provided by @Deamon22 it was cool to see this:

https://www.givecampus.com/jr9gny

Podcast: In Search of a Tinnitus Cure — Dr. Josef Rauschecker

Dear friend,

Thank you for your continued support of Dr. Rauschecker's work. We wanted to share the link to Dr. Rauschecker's podcast episode with Tinnitus Talk with you.

The interview covers a wide range of topics, from Dr. Rauschecker’s own experience as a tinnitus patient to his theories on how tinnitus manifests in the brain. He hypothesizes on links with other brain disorders like depression, and the role of stress in triggering tinnitus. Dr. Rauschecker is hopeful about the prospect for a cure, but also talks about the obstacles to overcome, specifically the dire lack of funding for tinnitus research. He also discussed the role that patient communities can play in resolving this.

We hope you will enjoy the podcast and leave your feedback on the discussion forum on Tinnitus Talk, please click here.

"We are grateful for every dollar that goes to tinnitus research. More support is needed to combat this devastating disorder which is pervasive and destroys lives." - Dr. Josef Rauschecker

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. You can reach me at Fiona.Zhu@georgetown.edu or 202-687-3709.

Thank you again for your generosity!

Sincerely,

Fiona Zhu