'The Noise Got Too Loud, Sorry' — Christopher Neile, 57, Killed Himself Waiting to Go to Dignitas

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Amiel, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Fishbone and bauer: i just realised how intelligent you are, and i realised what a mistake i did when i replied to you. Huge mistake! Excuse me!

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I am a veteran of this game (almost 30 years), you are DAMN right i am knowledgable on this matter. You want to bring awareness to this matter and possibly solve it...that's fine. But bringing awareness to suicide while many people are crying and hurting on this site is beyond unacceptable.

Think before you type anymore, you are looking foolish and each sentence makes you look worst.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am not sure whether you are sarcastic or not.

I never took an IQ test, but my guess is that my IQ is around 100. :) I am not a psychopath or a sociopath - given how open I was in my earlier posts, I hope you see that I would tell you if I were. A psychopath is not going to spend a lot of time on a forum like this.

I apologize to you if my words made you feel bad. That had never been my intention. I was just making posts about life as I see it, being honest with myself and with others here.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Too bad I couldn't find out what @fishbone thought of that post of mine that @Dana got the moderators to delete...

5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      If you were so intersted in what fishbone would have thought of that post of yours, here's what you can do, genius: if your memory is good enough to be able to quote yourself, you can PM your friend and discuss at length about the post that you were so proud of "composing". But posts like that, in which you present the advantages of suicide to somebody who is very sick right now are not acceptable on the forum. And you want to talk about your marvellous post with somebody who considers that "bringing awareness to suicide is beyond unacceptable". Good luck! You will have a very intelligent conversation, i am sure.

You are both beside the point of this thread.

I did not "get" the moderators to delete your post, i did not have to do any "convincing", if that is what you are trying to imply, it was deleted immediately, being immoral, even criminal, against the policy of the forum.
      Be happy i did not report that to the police!

6. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I never said that that you are knowledgeable in any matter, so no need to reinforce something that i never said. Comprende?

30 years of tinnitus makes you a veteran in YOUR type of tinnitus and.... ..NOTHING ELSE! Or you are so stupid to think that you know anything about the tinnitus of Christopher Neile? No two tinnitus cases are alike, that is something that you should have known by now, you, veteran in being self-centered and nothing else. What do you know about my tinnitus, or anybody else's? Nothing, mister! Absolutely nothing. So shut the fuck up!

There are cases in which the tinnitus is so severe that a person cannot even wait for their turn in the Dignitas schedule. THAT was the point of the thread! And because there are cases like that, in which what most doctors say, which is to "go home and live with it" simply does not apply, must be brought to the world's attention, and by whom if not by us, even if you, the center of the Universe, managed your mild tinnitus for 30 years and are able, oh, so brave, to manage your mild tinnitus for other years to come. If serious cases like Christopher's were brought to attention, the chances that tinnitus will be taken more seriously and researched more, amd the chances to find treatments for the many types of tinnitus, if not cures, would increase, in which case there will be less "crying and hurting people" on tinnitus forums.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Why do you need to insult you little slut?

This can be posted but in another section. There are people who will automatically feel worse when reading stuff like this, and the support forum is meant to go the other way around. This can be posted but perhaps in another section.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Lol these kind of threads always end like this.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I was just writing my opinions. These kind of news needs to be highlighted, im not saying we should never read stuff like this, on the opposit actually. This is very important. But I dont get why people need to start insult me. I know for a fact that there are people reading this article and feeling a lot worse. People tilt easily.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I forgot what I wrote.
      Your mind is so unclear that you picked a fight with people who have the polar opposite opinions.
      Oh, please no report me!

Are there still people who don't use a VPN to connect to the internet? Also, ever heard of a Tor Browser?

For others (not the ""shit" avatar" person) who care about privacy, I recommend
      https://www.privacytools.io/
      I wouldn't use the word "slut". She is a wife. Imagine being married to that?!

11. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Bill you are amazing! I mean that.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. vermillion
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Do you know this film technique when it shows a character doing something unacceptably satisfactional, but then the scene changes back to normal, showing that it was all in the hero's mind. Well I just imagined you after this question, grabbing your GP, tape his mouth to shut up, tie him up and lock him in a sound booth, blasting him with abstract sounds for the rest of the day. Then the next day if he was angry, distressed and ready to sue you, you could just tell him that something wrong is going on with his life and being there locked and tortured could not be his real problem and eventually he has to lock himself in a mental institution for anger management/treatment. But then we turn back to reality... pity.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      I agree, let's make a Suicide section if it's gonna make you happy.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
    14. vermillion
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      I'm sorry but do you know of any psychiatrist that cures tinnitus? I am not aware of any. Tinnitus is not a mental disorder, it's a medical one. I don't know but I suppose when it becomes too severe, you probably get limited effect by popping all day ADs and anxiolytics. The sound is still there and patients cannot be productive and socially regrouped. Not to mention H...

• Agree Agree x 4
    15. vermillion
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Don't be so sure about it. (I'm not referring to someone specific).

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      I don't understand what's going on in this thread anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. vermillion
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Pandemonium

• Funny Funny x 1
    18. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tamalak Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      That poor guy. Thank you for posting this, OP. The sheer brutality of this condition (for many people) needs to be in the spotlight.

• Winner Winner x 1
    19. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      again. this story happened FIVE YEARS AGO.

• Creative Creative x 1
    20. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You deleted your post @Dana where you wrote that you would tell a suicidal tinnitus sufferer to enjoy life. Why did you do that? What would your advice be for such a person?

21. Pomme
      Crappy

Pomme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and Stress
      @linearb He died on the 30th April this year. It's in all the British newspapers as the coroners inquest was only recently held. Still a very sad story and ,unfortunately, it won't be the last we hear on these boards :(.

22. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Perhaps, for some of the members here, WHEN it happened is not that important. It's the issue of whether or not stories like this (now and in the future) belong on the forum or not. That’s a “hot button” issue for some people and they feel very passionate about it. Some of the posts in this thread seem to support that.

23. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      7e3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      To be fair, five months feels like five years when you have severe tinnitus.

25. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Markku !
      Could it be possible to have a security section Thread where members need contact STAFF to let them read suicidal stories or add ones ?
      Just brainstorming

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    26. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I remember reading a suicide story very early on (the Azusa Plane musician) and it did two things. It shattered and terrified me for a few weeks, but it also had the effect of telling me that what had happened to me was a real thing, and how it was making me feel was valid, because I certainly wasn't getting any validation of my condition from Medical people at the time. Up until then I knew nothing of the reality of this and felt very alone as though I was a failure for not coping, so, for me it sort of reinforced that I had a real issue going on, that went beyond being a mere failure to cope with this apparently insignificant condition.

This is one reason I still retain a certain raw anger for well-paid Doctors who dismiss us out-of-hand. Sometimes you need to know that it isn't just yourself.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Days before, one of the first responses, I made a comment in this post, about the need to handle this kind of information with care, because we have alot of people here with deep depression, battling Tinnitus anxiety everyday.

My post was deleted, and I would like to know why. Because this brings very biased content, one that only talks in one way.

Again, what I was telling is, if you are going to post news about people commiting suicide, its important to share also info about statistics. Information of the WHYs of this suicide, maybe chronic depression, maybe use of medications or drugs (legal) for depression, maybe history of anxiety.

My point is, we must not enforce the idea that, Tinnitus is enough to commit suicide. Because most of the times, suicide can come related to other problems like deep depression or wrong drugs medications (legal)... even way before the onset of Tinnitus.

What I've found in the years of reading stories is that, most of the peple that struggle, or did it in the past but are now habituated, have a history of anxiety and depression in the past, before the onset of Tinnitus.

In my case, I have never had depression before T, but have had alot of anxiety and hyperactivity, my brain was also thinking the whys of everthing (this thinking helped me to got an engineering college degree, with almost perfect score.. but could also be hard beccause you get alot of anxiety)... when Tinnitus increased, my anxiety spiked very bad I focused in the sound, looking for the why, then hypocondriatic thinking came hard. But that is the way my brain reacts. Then I got depression, because I thought I would never be the same... which I was wrong. Once i placed my thinking and thoughs in place, everything settled and I habituated.

In the case of suicides, sadly, there is a lot of people with greater risk... sum to that the onset of Tinnitus.

Please, handle this information with care, and DO NOT read it if you are struggling with Tinnitus.

Regards,

28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Given the right volume level and pitch, tinnitus would very well be enough to commit suicide.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection

The commenters in this forum should not be cavalier in implicitly endorsing suicide as an option for those suffering from a condition - even one as devastating as tinnitus. Some people may be emotionally vulnerable or suffering from other physical/mental conditions and/or stressors and your comments can easily help push them over the edge.

30. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      This thread should be deleted by the mods. It adds no value to such a forum, that is filled with people that are hurting.