The Tao of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ellen, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Yes i totally agree, but just give him the benefit of doubt and go for the free lessons :D
      nothing to loose, it would be cool to ask him why its so expensive....

2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      As for it being expensive it's not really when you consider its €60 per session which isn't outside the norm here in Ireland for things like this.Its just that I have high hopes for this but would be devastated just to find out its all just one big scam.

3. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Well, $20,000 is outlandish. Even if you were paying for regular lessons or anything of value, like, say, a weekly massage at $100 an hour, that would only come to $5200 a year. I am hoping and praying that this is the real thing for you, Stephen. And if for some reason you sense that it's not, then I am sure that you can find another way to get reputable Chi Kung instruction that is high quality. There is more than one Chi Kung master in the world, and the main point is to get you help for your condition. You just need one good person. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      "One good person"

Unfortunately the world is in short supply nowadays of such a person.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Are you still practising on your own?

6. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” Gandhi

In other words: Be the change you wish to see in the world. :)

• Like Like x 2
    7. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Believe me I'm trying Zorro,I do whatever I can for people and don't expect anything in return but a smile:)

• Like Like x 1
    8. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I am trying Valeri,but whether I'm doing it right or at all is another matter,I'm pretty much guessing my way through it lol

9. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Still getting good results?

10. Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Hey Stephen, good morning (probably good afternoon where you are :) - How about, just for the sake of it, and to help you feel hopeful, you begin to research other Chi Kung masters, programs just as a back-up. It will help you feel more empowered. There are all sorts of quiet helpers in this world. (I began to take tai chi in adult education classes at the local school district, which cost $55 for eight lessons of two hours each. I had no expectations going in, just the tiny little course description in the tiny little booklet. Well, the guy is EXCELLENT, tremendously accomplished, expert and patient, this is all he does - teach tai chi - and he does it all over our region, traveling all day long from place to place. He teaches all levels and the instruction is top notch. So for about $7 a class, we are getting real quality. My friend and I are going to go to his other locations wherever they are, continually, once this class ends. My point being, some of the most excellent people out there are leading quiet good lives without fanfare, doing on this earth what they came to do. If your guy turns out to be the real thing, excellent. Yet if you feel the need to continue your search, I have complete belief that you will be able to find your helper.).

Another thing is that price isn't always a reflection of value. Each situation needs to be judged on its own merits, though, and your instincts will let you know.

• Like Like x 1
    11. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Nothing spectacular as of yet if I'm honest.But of course I could be doing it wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all again ,ok 26 years of knowing /doing /teaching Mantak Chia stuff blah blah Stephen my friend,I believe Barry beat his T with shaolin cosmos chi kung, I dont think much of it though one the stuff taught is not the stuff in wong kiew kits two books ,to me they have watered it down, unless people are having to pay big bucks for the real mckoy,

Give Kevin a go Stephen if it works it will take months not days mind,if he then wants a lot of money walk away I have a feeling he has an affinity with T sufferers so may be doing it from the goodness of his heart. The thing is its become a bit of a cult I was banned from their Forum for not toing the party line ,I had a session with a guy who had been trained by Wong Kiew Kit ,£120 for an hour ,well over the top money wise thought id see ,basically gave me two single exercises with no conscious part ,(where the mind goes chi follows) which is so important and was mentioned in the top mans two books. The money joan wants for cancer sufferers is obscene ,

Here is Joan and The Sifu as he likes to be known ,firstly I think he really knows a lot off stuff kung fu ,medicine the lot but you have to pay thousands to find the real stuff.secondly I look into her soul I tune in ,can I feel .love ,,warmth ,not really I do see someone who would look a cancer sufferer in the eye and say I can help you and the cost is 20000 euros.Maybe im wrong but her aura to me is pretty hard...............just incase anyone missed and asked me ,last year I practiced another form Zhi neng which is scientifically validated my intention was to cure my Tinnitus after 6 weeks 2 hrs a day it started to ease off as did my ear pressure the energy was being felt again,but life got in the way one missed session became two etc and then id lost the momentum ,it must be done every day thats the thing

Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit on RTE1 Ireland (Live)

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @carlover
      Ohh believe me I'm going ahead with it regardless,I believe Kevin did cure himself but I'm going into this with my eyes very much wide open!Im not prepared to be taken as a fool by these people,the only reason doubt has crossed my mind is because of Joan's ridiculous price tag for her"cure"for cancer,it's a ridiculous and outrageous price tag for such a service almost an insult to cancer sufferers.

Why did they ban you exactly Pete?What exactly did you do that they weren't happy with may I ask?

The whole Chi-Kung squad are like a big cult,they don't tell you much until you"join"them if you will,you even have to sign contracts here to do true Chi-Kung,it's insane!Either way I'm looking forward to it,whether I regret it or not remains to be seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Stephen , dug out an email from Kevin from 5 years ago I believe he is a good bloke ,with honourable intentions ,give it a good go and forget the negatives, you have nothing to lose ,unless he has been sucked into the money making.I do hope not. Re banned,had a run in with the guy who runs the states ,cant for the life remeber what , Barry Smale in the email was the guy who taught me,yes a good guy but charges way over the top but you see he would have paid thousands for all his training and so it goes down the line. So kevin would have paid a lot of money to be where he is ,so lets see if he gives away his training? As I said in my PM I expect he will give you the carrying the moon and lifting the sky two exercises then you will relax and hopefully get chi flow. ..

This is Kevin on the cosmos forum http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthread.php?9808-A-sort-of-homecoming ...and below his email to me ,

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your email. You are the first person to write to me and possibly the first person to see the blog!

I plan to post a link to my blog on the tinnitus forums and invite people to read it if they wish, but I haven't done so yet as I still want to do a few things with it like add a bit more detail and put a few photos of myself there (just to show who I am!!!). I've been waiting for the right time...and your email has had the very welcome effect of telling me that the right time is now! Thank you!

I met Barry Smale last year in Brighton and he is a wonderful teacher and a a terribly nice guy. I cannot recommend learning from him highly enough.

No, my blog isn't two years old. Its only a few weeks old.

How am I today? ...Pete, I am doing very very well. I went to my first live gig since January 2000 a couple of weeks ago. I saw Echo and the Bunnymen! My hyperacusis is gone and my tinnitus is 95% reduced. Incredible stuff.

Thank you again Pete for the email. You can expect to see me on the tinnitus forums in a few days.

All best wishes,

Kevin

• Like Like x 2
    15. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      I know what it was ,a guy came on their Forum desperate to learn this stuff but would have had to borrow the money £1500 everyone was saying he should borrow the money and get in debt which he was frightened of ,except me who told him it would be crazy to do that and it went downhill from there

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Wow, that was very bad on their part. Does not sound good at all to start to dislike you and eventually ban you because you were the only one to give the guy the only humane/decent advice, which happened to be against the ruthless interest to grab some more money even from a guy who was broke, pushing him in this way into debt. What lack of morality on their part! Brrrrrr!

17. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Can't believe they banned him over that!Thats ludicrous!

But I mean there's too sides to every story,Petes side is don't leave yourself in a bad financial situation which of course makes perfect sense and is good solid advice.

Their side may or may not be in his best interest but there's two ways to look at it,they don't care about him only his money or they know they can help him and getting in some debt will be worth it because of the results he will see.
      I mean if I had something that could cure somebody of an ailment and it cost XX amount of money and it would leave them in debt but they are desperate for relief I too would push it on them because I know it will help them.

Whether or not it's the former or the latter with these people remains to be seen.

18. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I do not think about the second way of thinking as a possibility.
      1)How do they know so surely that they can help him, that his healing is certain? Is this some kind of failproof treatment, cause I could believe that it can help some people, but to believe that it works in each and every case I cannot believe.
      2)That is how you start a healing treatment? Putting the patient in financial stress? Everybody knows that higher than normal stress makes people sick, and also high stress is a hindrance in someone's healing. I thought that this method is based on the theory that when you relief body from the stress, the body knows itself how to find its way back to its former state of health and optimum functioning. Aren't those exercises meant to restore the healthy flow of energy in the body, which is blocked by stress or other factors? Aren't those exercises meant to be made with the conscious too, with the mind, as the essential part that makes them different to some kind of "verrrrrry slow easy aerobic"? Where was the mind of the guy was most likely going to be? At the movements he was supposed to do, or to the financial debt, wandering all the time whether these exercises helped him for the day and they were worth getting into debt for, or they did not work and it was a stupid financial move to borrow money?

If they were so concerned about his health, they would have offered him lessons for free. I am sure they would have survived without his money just the same, and when you are practicing a healing treatment that puts big emphasis on the spirit, I would expect from such people to be more "spiritually evolved" and not be linked so much to the "material side" (money!!!!!)

19. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Money money money.... It's all about profit!
      It makes me sick that the western world has turned something so sacred into just another business!

20. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      That does not excuse those people on that forum. They are free to behave and think how they want, they were not obligated to turn an ancient art into another business just because they stand with their feet on the, geographically speaking, western side. Their fault entirely for adopting this mentality, they were free to be better than that. Not to mention that this materialistic mentality is in contradiction and thefore alters the oriental, more spiritual mentality, where chi kung originates from. That was an impiety brought to chi kung, IMO.

21. mrdude1234

mrdude1234 Member

I live in Australia (Perth) and am considering Chi-Kung for tinnitus and other health issues. Do you have any recommendations on where to start? Online? Find an instructor online?

22. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Who knows Dana but maybe these people did see benefits and are now so convinced by the art that they push it onto everyone like its some sort of quaranteed cure?If that was the case I could see where their coming from to a point but I can almost quarantee it's more to do with greed than anything else.I mean what's worse,suffering every single day or being healthy but in debt,personally I would choose the latter but it all comes down to one thing,desperation which is something I imagine these people feed off of.

23. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      That is the problem! When a person is desperate, he is a sitting duck, the easiest prey for the predators who notice the person is in very vulnerable state and do not forget to take advantage of the situation.
      Now the poor man will wonder all his life if it hadn't been better to borrow the money.
      They could have offered him lessons for free, or at a (greater or less) discount, or payment in installments, SOMETHING! They allegedly could have cured him but they let him miss the chance to get healed over some MONEY! DISGUSTING!

I did some courses to qualify in order to do a kind of treatment. The professor told us : "The minute you start doing it for the money everything is over (including your ability to treat successfully)" It's like you lose your power.
      When you are in debt you can't be healthy (unless you aren't concerned with paying the debt and you plan to ignore it).

What did they need so much his 1500£ for? For their housing and food and other essential stuff? No. Their behaviour was driven, as you said, by GREED.
      So sad and disappointing! With a seriously luxated shoulder and inability to use that arm at all I can't start anything anytime soon, but I was having some hopes from this chi kung for myself. Let's just hope that not all the chi-kung teachers/masters are the same.

24. carlover
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all to see what all these people are like have a look at this on their forum from way back on there I was chi4life I asked a very reasonable question put in a very reasonable way and look what I got back ,the bloke antonious is a head honcho a sifu..they are all up their own backsides apart from the end posts

http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-10419.html

Being more positive for Stephen this is a thread from kevin barry

http://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthread.php?9808-A-sort-of-homecoming&highlight=debt

• Informative Informative x 1
    25. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I am going to start a tai chi course tomorrow (if I get through tonight :)) I will also look into chi qong. I will always judge the worth of a course like this partly on cost. The best teachers will charge little or nothing. The worst will charge the earth.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    26. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @carlover
      Thanks, Pete, for giving us those links.
      The more I read the more convinced I am (not that I was not convinced before, but all that I read is a reassurance) that T is an energy flow problem, and therefore, it that energy flow could be corrected, chances are that the T phenomenon will disappear.

• Like Like x 2
    27. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thanks Pete!! :D

28. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I was just talking to Kevin there and I'm booked to start training on the 21st of June.The entire 8 week course is only €250 but Kevin has kindly given me a €100 discount so maybe there is something genuine about him but only time will tell.Anyway just a little update for everyone:)

• Like Like x 2
    29. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      And also thanks Pete for the links,I'm only seeing them now!lol

30. Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      This sounds like a very reasonable charge. I wish you the very best with this!

• Like Like x 1