Tinnitus Masking: MP3s, CDs, YouTube, Other Audio

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Jim, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Contrast

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury from noxious noise
      What screeching tapes? Be more descriptive and the answer is likely no.

2. SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HTN Rx, Migraine hx, Oil of Wintergreen induced?
    3. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      That's one of my videos.

It's an experiment. It may help or it may not, just try it out and see what happens. That's the thing with tinnitus, there isn't anything at all that we can say works, it's a case of if it works for you then it works. I always say that you have to experiment and understand what makes your own tinnitus better or worse. It's fine to look at other people's opinions but yours is the one that matters.

I don't get as many views as some because I don't lie and call things a cure, and I don't make any false claims or have sensationalised descriptions. Better to keep your integrity :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HTN Rx, Migraine hx, Oil of Wintergreen induced?
      Thank you Steve, thats funny of all videos I pick out, it is yours.... will give it a try. How often do you listen to it?...... appreciate your honesty... not much out there anymore!! ;)

....how did you decide on what frequency, sounds, etc, to lay down on tracks, I am low tech!....

5. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi,

I don't have anything firm on the listening times, but what I do say is no longer than 1 hour at any time and not for more than 4 hours per day. Listening for too long to noises like this seems to get in your brain. there is also the issue that over-listening to anything (for me) decreases the effectiveness.

When I hit on something that interferes with tinnitus I end up listening a lot when I'm making a track. And without fail those long periods of listening mean that it doesn't have the same effect as when I started. I am going to make more tracks that jump around, to try and counter that effect.

The video above is really quite basic, just developing a bit more on the ACRN device with a different approach. It was a lot of trial and error, with sounds that really didn't work, and a bit of science. If I had a tagline it would probably be "I get the spikes, so you don't have to" :D

• Like Like x 3
    6. dan26
      Frustrated

dan26 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      complete loss of hearing. motorcycle accident
      Way back in the early 1990's I think it was I wrote to Mike Petroff after reading an article sent to me by someone. He sent me 6 masking CDs to use for my crazy intolerable tinnitus. I still have them and use them almost daily. He never charged me a penny for them and it has helped a bit when the tinnitus roars its ugly head especially at night if I wake up. Praying a cure is found soon. Go to clinicaltrials.org for a list of clinical trials that are ongoing, completed or terminated.