Uplifting Foods

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by John_415, Jun 14, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I like trying different health food powders as a hobby of mine. I thought I would make a tread on it and if anyone knows any other uplifting foods you can post them here.

Recently I found something called: Kapikacchu powder
      The effects I noted where: being in a bit of a more happy headspace after taking a scoop.
      It increases the production of dopamine source:
      https://www.banyanbotanicals.com/info/ayurvedic-living/living-ayurveda/herbs/mucuna-pruriens/
      To quote: ''It is also widely known that Mucuna pruriens contains naturally occurring levodopa (L-dopa), which is an essential precursor of the neurotransmitter dopamine''
      Second source showing it increases dopamine and also libido:
      https://jonbarron.org/herbal-library/herbs/kapikachhu
      To quote: ''One study of 120 men on psychological stress showed that supplementation with Mucuna pruriens significantly eased stress within the subjects.''
      I also read somewhere that overdoing this herb works negatively so low doses are recommended.

Years ago I tried a berry called: Goji berry
      I chucked a bag per day into the blender for a month and it profoundly impacted the feelings of welbeing I walked around with all day, also your libido is very high btw. The thing is, I don't like the taste, which is a bit tard.
      Here is a source on the benefits:
      https://draxe.com/goji-berry-benefits/
      Quote: ''increased ratings for energy levels, athletic performance, quality of sleep, ease of awakening, ability to focus on activities, mental acuity, calmness, feelings of health, contentment, and happiness and significantly reduced fatigue and stress.''
      Second source:
      https://www.healthambition.com/goji-berries-benefits-side-effects/
      Quote: ''When it comes to feeling good, goji berries have been shown to help with this. Studies have indicated that drinking a daily dose of goji juice can have a noticeable effect in improving the mood state of participants, increase energy levels and general level of well-being.''

Anyway, I find these foods really interesting to try and look into even thow they don't really solve anything:p.

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Like Like x 1
    3. RingerBell

RingerBell Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I like to get heat from fresh and dried chillies in foods. Capsaicin is the main active component, but having pure capsaicin is like binge drinking from the pepper spray cans. People, and their tinnitus, seem to react to hot chillies very differently.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Chili is nice, I like cooking with that as well, lots of garlic and peppers are nice with steak, thats uplifting as well:รพ Jamie Oliver has some really nice recepy's I think (albeit, a bit complex).

• Like Like x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I used to have green tea with goji berries. Felt Good!

Apparently some people may have trouble with chocolate and tinnitus but for me it is absolutely fine... and uplifting!