Vasobral for Treating Tinnitus — One Guy Had Huge Success

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by ChrisBoyMonkey, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I saw this post on Reddit recently. It's a guy from Russia who got tinnitus and looked around the forums in his country and found out about this medication that other people were saying helping and/or eliminating their tinnitus. He tried it himself and says it is helping him a lot, reducing it greatly.

He wanted to try and help spread the word about it. Does anyone on here know anything about this?

In the comments, he leaves a site that sells it in the US and might be available in other sites with a regular search.

If it really is as effective as they are saying, the medical community has to look into this.

Guys, you should look into this medication...

Hi everyone! I've had ringing in my left ear since January due to excessive use of headphones (16-18 hours a day).

Went to audiologist, he didn't find any hearing loss and prescribed me Kavinton and Milgamma (Russian drugs, since I live in Russia) for two weeks. They didn't help.

I read a thread on a Russian forum about tinnitus and the drug called Vazobral came up there several times. People were claiming it helped them and their tinnitus was now completely gone.

So I bought myself a two month supply (the full course is 3 months, you take 1/2 or 1 tablet with food 2 times every day), and have been taking it for slightly over a month now. I also don't use headphones at all anymore, since they seem to exacerbate the symptoms.

So I don't know whether God heard my prayers and healed my ear or He healed me with Vazobral :), or this was just a temporary condition, but it's getting much better. I have no ringing during the day and like 3/10 ringing at night.

Unfortunately, I can't send this Vazobral from Russia, because of the customs restrictions, but if someone is going on a vacation here someday, you should buy it and test it (a full course is 6 packs).

It's produced by an Italian company Chiesi, so maybe it's available under some other name in your country as well.

It's main use is not to heal tinnitus directly, but to stimulate brain function and to help brain vessels or something like that, but apparently it helps with tinnitus too.

You should look into it:

82pJS50.jpg

I decided to share, because my ringing was horrible af and I hope it will help some of you too.

Is it actually available in the USA? https://pillbuys.com/shop/vasobral

The price is twice the Russian price (here 1 pack is about 20 dollars).

Someone should try it, if it's available. Order 6 packs for the complete 3 month course

PS: I googled "Buy Vasobral in the US" and a bunch of sites came up. You could probably find a better price if you take some time to look through them.

• Informative Informative x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      This is interesting Chris. I live in Russia and will inquire about it further and see if I can get it without prescription.

I must admit though I am very weary about trying drugs now. The first thing I look at are the side effects.

Interestingly the main ingredients are:

Alpha-dihydroergocryptine mesylate 4 mg
      Caffeine 40mg

(The other ingredients are: Excipients: lactose monohydrate-94.1 mg, microcrystalline cellulose (Avicel PH 102) - 60 mg, magnesium stearate - 1.5 mg, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide (Aerosil 200) - 0.4 mg.)

• Like Like x 1
    3. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydroergocryptine

Looks like it treats low blood pressure and is a Dopamine agonist.

Here is a Tinnitus Talk thread on another Dopamine agonist that has been tried:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...onist-pramipexole-in-presbycusis-patients.84/

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I asked my wife and she said that she has heard of the drug and that it's for old people. I think i'm going to give it a miss as I just don't want to risk any more meds at the moment. Definitely interested in hearing about how other people fare if they decide to take it though.

5. Emanuel Lourenco
      No Mood

Emanuel Lourenco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      If I could get my hands on it I would but... I have no clue how to sadly...

6. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      I wonder if it is a vasodilator...

7. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      On the Russian page there's a lot of reactions from people that were cured from their tinnitus but it seems they had headaches and dizziness and some bad "cerebral circulation" and then got Vasobral prescribed by their neurologist.

One reaction also said it made him feel completely ill with heart palpitations etc...

https://www.piluli.ru/product/Vazobral/review (use Google translate and look for "tinnitus" or "noise")

Description of the drug:

Part of Vasobral alpha dihydroergocriptine - dihydrogenated derivative of ergot - blocks alpha1- and alpha2-adrenoreceptors of vascular smooth muscle cells. It has a stimulating effect on the dopamine and serotonin receptors of the central nervous system.
      The use of the drug reduces platelet aggregation and red blood cells, decreases the permeability of the vascular wall, improves blood circulation and metabolic processes in the brain, increases the resistance of brain tissue to hypoxia.
      CaffeineIt has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system, mainly on the cerebral cortex, respiratory and vasomotor centers. Increases mental and physical performance, reduces the feeling of fatigue.

Indications:

• decrease in mental activity, impaired attention and memory, impaired orientation in space, caused by age-related changes;
      • cerebrovascular insufficiency (including due to cerebral atherosclerosis);
      • consequences of cerebral circulation;
      • migraine prophylaxis;
      • vestibular and labyrinth disorders (dizziness, tinnitus, hypoacuse) of ischemic genesis;
      • Meniere's disease;
      • retinopathy (diabetic and hypertensive);
      • disorders of the peripheral arterial circulation (Raynaud's syndrome and disease);
      • venous insufficiency.

8. CricketEars

CricketEars Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      I ordered a box from the link in this thread. It arrived this morning and I took my first dose today. I’ll take one tablet a day for the next 30 days and report back

• Like Like x 8
    9. CricketEars

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      [Update] After finishing a 30 day supply, I didn’t notice much of a difference. Maybe some fluctuation, but that’s probably just a coincidence.

I read that some people took it for 2-3 months, so I ordered another day supply a while back and just received it, so I will take it for another month and report back. I’m realistically doubtful it will do anything though.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Thanks for giving it a go for us.

• Like Like x 2
    11. CricketEars

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2003
      UPDATE: Finished the second 30-day treatment and unfortunately I don’t notice a difference

• Informative Informative x 6
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I have had a few conversations with a neuro researcher who is a friend of a friend. Of course, he doesn’t have an answer as to how to cure my tinnitus but has given me lots of ideas and different avenues of therapies that might help. More than anything he has been a sounding board for me and validates the possibility of any particular treatment having a potential impact on tinnitus.

He is currently working on some research that involves Russian and Israeli scientists. His team speaks directly to Russians on a regular basis. He was on a call with 3 scientists and at the end of the call curiously mentioned what they do in Russia to “treat” tinnitus. 2/3 researchers had no idea but were obviously familiar with it being in the neuro field, the third scientist said that he was treated a few years ago for it successfully. He said he was given Vasobral and acupuncture, mostly on his ears and neck. He said it’s commonly prescribed for tinnitus in Russia and works a good portion of the time.

I don’t know his cause of tinnitus or how long it took to see results. When I researched it, I was surprised to see only one thread here about it. The other thing I also found interesting is that it is an Italian pharmaceutical company and not Russian so it’s maybe a little more regulated and tested? It’s also interesting that the indications mention ischemic genesis since I think that’s what may have caused my tinnitus (breathing exercises with breath holds).
      The scientist also said that all his ear related issues resolved with the treatment. My friend thinks he had headaches and maybe ear pain or hyperacusis but is not sure exactly.

• Informative Informative x 2
    13. chinup

chinup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      A random Russian account from 2008:

“I got my tinnitus a month and half ago. Just after I left my job. One morning two weeks later I awoke and heard a constant tone of high frequency like a table computer working.

I thought I had gone crazy - this tone was inside my head. Two days I spent in my flat not going outside. My friend's call made me visit an otologist (ENT) - he checked my ears and gave me a tonal audiometry - I have a slight hearing loss at 8 kHz frequency - others frequencies are normal. He said - there is a neurological problem and sent me to a neurologist. The neurologist made me a transcranial brain vessels dopplerography (brain blood flow measuring - my translation from Russian) and said that the left back brain artery blood flow is substantially low. She said also the problem may be in my neck due to me sitting at my job and lack of sport activity.

She also prescribed me Ipidacrine, Nicergoline (the international Lain names - they are called differently in Russia) and Milgamma Compositum. I had also to wear a special neck corset for two hours every day. After three weeks she said I had to switch all medicines to Vasobral.

After this four weeks my noises have changed - the high pitched tone is almost gone but a new one has started - like hissing. This hissing does sometimes go down after a shower - so now I am taking a shower two or three times a day. It is definitely better than it was before.

I am 37-year-old male living in Moscow (Russia). I will be glad to participate in your tinnitus discussion and to compare the cure methods.”​

14. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I wanted to give an update. My friend spoke to his Russian colleagues again. The researcher who has success with Vasobral had an unknown cause of tinnitus. He attributes it to loud exposure but isn’t positive because the onset was several days later. He had other symptoms that followed: fullness in ears, clicking, anxiety and dry eyes and floaters. These are basically all my symptoms, the floaters as well. All of the issues resolved for him, including the floaters.

He did mention that he has a friend who is a diver for the military. His friend was given the same treatment and had same success. Apparently, Vasobral is given in the military for different head and ear trauma. I’m guessing due to noise and blast damage. Supposedly it’s given during the acute phase (before 6 months) in most cases.

After looking it up online, I found a website in Russian that has many reviews. All seemed positive and many referenced resolution of tinnitus. I also found it interesting that many of the posts mention a resolution of eye floaters as well. Many of the posters also mentioned that they take it semi annually to treat CFS (or maybe SAD?). I had to translate the website to English but I think I got the general idea.

I’m intrigued to try it since my cause of tinnitus might be ischemic in origin and I have since developed (or at least notice more) eye floaters. If anyone else has had some experience, I’d love to hear.

• Informative Informative x 3
    15. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Were you able to try Vasobral?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Freerunner

Freerunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test
      Can you please also share a link to the Russian site you mentioned in your comment? I would like to check the comment section as well. Thanks in advance!

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    17. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      I’m still considering this but @CricketEars had no effect in the thread above unfortunately.