2020 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Born To Slay, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      It's pretty incredible to me that even CBD was banned for so long. It's basically harmless -- may help with pain and anxiety. Obviously, it's not perfect or a cure, but there are many OTC drugs that are more dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Marijuana is not the same as a "street drug". It is safe, non-addictive, and the law makes purchases of it in designated stores legal but highly taxed. The only reason the governor is legalizing it all is that the state needs money. The weed dealers will have to sell it cheaper than the shops or go out of business.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      A street drug is any drug sold on the street illegally. Marijuana is a street drug, just one that shouldn’t be.

And I agree that’s why the governor is legalizing it (well that and because he’s a fucking piece of shit and would like to distract from that).

My contention is whether drug dealers will be able to compete long term with the state licensed vendors. Producing drugs illegally and avoiding law enforcement ain’t cheap and this is shown by the prices of opioids in the pharmacy and on the street. The same exact pill is at least 5 times more from an illegal vendor then from a pharmacy depending on the drug. The state could legalize opioids, milk them like hell and still come out under the illegal price and I suspect it’s the same for pot. Otherwise pot wouldn’t be bringing in billions of dollars to the states that sell it and tax it now.

4. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am hoping that there will still be underground dealers, with better prices, and to no business tax.

If Mexico legalizes it, and we set up a trade agreement with them, this will have a huge impact on NA growers. I prefer Cannabis that is grown the traditional way, outdoors, preferably in tropical climates. We decimated Mexico's marijuana in the 1970s by spraying their fields with paraquat. The mostly peaceful marijuana underground economy was replaced by hard drugs, run by violent criminal organizations.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
    6. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Absolutely but it’s still newsworthy since it could have serious consequences in Washington. This could potentially give Biden some massive leverage over Manchin, which is desperately needed if he wants to get stuff done.

8. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced, worsened due to noise exposur + flu
      General thoughts on the Derek Chauvin trial thus far?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      From what I’ve seen on the news, the whole things looks pretty depressing. It’s going to be interesting if any jurors actually buy that it was the Fentanyl that killed him. That I think is going to be the biggest thorn in the side of the prosecution.

10. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The suspect was a career criminal who had been in jail 8 times and arrested many times more. They could have simply clocked him with a nightstick or blackjack and hauled him off in the paddy wagon. This is what the cops did in the old days, and nobody died from it.

11. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As far as you know/what's been reported.

Blunt force trauma to the head being regularly used to detain suspects? That has to have had killed someone, statistically speaking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Keeping your knee on a person's neck for nine minutes should not be regular police procedure. It doesn't matter that he had a record, you can't kill him like that. We live in a country where you're judged by a jury, not a power hungry cop.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree 100%. Wrestling matches are for the WWF, not the police and suspects. They should have just clocked him with a billy club if he was uncooperative during the arrest, but I suspect that they are not allowed to do this anymore.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Why not just taze the guy or use a stun gun? Those methods seem a lot more safe than a club to the head. You could seriously fuck someone up by doing that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. Zugzug

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can we at least get the easy ones right? I've said in the past that sometimes these situations are tricky from the police officer's perspective. I don't see how the Derek Chauvin case could be all that complicated.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      For real man, you are totally right. If he gets off, it really means that police officers are just simply above the law. This is a slam dunk case. We have witnesses and a video of it happening. If he gets off because the guy had Fentanyl in his system, then that’s just a fucking joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
    17. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The guy had a heart condition. I think that 50,000 volts of electricity would have been far more dangerous to a man of his size, with drugs in his system and a heart condition, than a well-executed billy club to the back of the head by a trained police officer.

If they (the suspect) know that they will be hit with it, they'll usually be very cooperative in the first place, thereby eliminating the need for a violent reaction from the police.

I don't know why the police screwed this up. I suspect that it's mostly due to their union, which I have said many times, and bad policies due to the public reaction to bad cops.

Tasers Can Trigger Fatal Heart Trouble: Study

18. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Good point. If he had used a taser instead of force he may not have been found guilty of killing him.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      What are everyone’s thoughts on Biden’s infrastructure focused jobs proposal?

20. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thoughts on the Matt Gatez situation?

• Funny Funny x 2
    21. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I don't even know where to start with this train wreck.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    22. Gabriel5050
      No Mood

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      I'm starting to think this thread might not be about the 2020 US Presidential Election.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    23. Rainer

Rainer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not sure if this counts as a "thought", but I find the situation hilarious because Gaetz is such a vile POS, quaking in his boots as the chickens come home to roost. I'm not sure there has ever been anyone as deserving of being thrown under the bus as Gaetz is. And his pimp Joel Greenberg looks exactly like the man for that job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      It sorta is still, but it's really loose at this point. Matt Gaetz was elected in 2020 but will obviously lose office if convicted of sex trafficking a minor.

The Derek Chauvin trial less so but it was a focal point for BLM which did become a huge election wedge issue.

You could always start a new thread though, @Born To Slay.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I personally feel that starting a new thread for every political issue will just create cluster fuck unnecessarily in the General Chat section of the forum. If I could, I’d probably just have this thread renamed to “Political Discourse” thread or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    26. Zugzug

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Matt Gaetz is an innocent, law-abiding, respectable man. The only crime he committed was stealing a young woman's heart -- a classic, tear-jerking love story, with a girl of an arbitrarily young age. Gaetz is a victim, caught up in young teenage love, just like all of his other Republican colleagues. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and take accountability for your actions until you fall prey to the seduction of a minor. People are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty. This is what the constitution tells us. This is a typical liberal smear; it happened often when Trump was president. Who could possibly think that man was guilty of anything?

Oh, BTW, Joe Biden is running a pedophile ring with Jimmy Kimmel in the basement of the White House. Biden has had Comet Ping Pong pizza before, proving that the pizzeria is looming in the basement, serving as the headquarters of the operation. Someone on 8chan and TikTok reported this news. Since they are not a part of the MSM, they are just offering another, more credible side to things.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    27. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      To anyone who would in seriousness make the argument that 17 and 18 is not "that much different", that argument *definitely* doesn't apply when you are sex trafficking girls across state and national borders.

28. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no idea of what he did, where he did it, or whether he did anything wrong at all, but the age of consent in Washington DC is 16 years old.

• Informative Informative x 1
    29. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      It's not legal to sex traffic minors in DC or anywhere else (though the charges state he trafficked minors for sex from Florida to the Bahamas, not from DC). Has nothing to do with the "age of consent."

30. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      On being "Woke" and "Tasers" ---

On rare occasions my brain damage, tinnitus, and hearing loss can be funny.

About a week ago my son Gabriel, who just turned 8, said to me, "I want to taste your balls."

Say what? I thought to myself, what a strange thing to say. Gabe is a bit of an exhibitionist and likes sassy risky jokes, maybe he is having me on.

Or maybe Gabe is gay and this is his way of prepping or cluing dad in. I thought of the future, of when he was a young man bringing his man home to meet the family. I embraced Gabe and his love and they were like any boring old married couple. That's where my mind went...

Sometime later, I forget, maybe I mentioned it {I'm like that} and Gabe clarified things for me.

Gabe did not want to taste my balls, I misheard him, he wanted to "tase my balls".

So I went from being woke and embracing love to getting my balls symbolically tased just like that...

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1