Acoustic CR® Neuromodulation: Do It Yourself Guide

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by jibs, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      It's fine to listen to something else at the same time. I play the ACRN all the time, even while watching movies. If you live with someone, though, listen to it with earbuds at very low volume, just enough to distinguish the beeps. Otherwise the beeps will drive them crazy. :D

2. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Your English is fine. :)

My tinnitus is also "noise," not tonal. I have hissing, cicadas, tea kettle whistle, scraping sounds, etc., sometimes just one sound at a time and sometimes a combination of sounds. I went to the generalfuzz.net/acrn site and found the frequency that most closely matches my tinnitus frequency. I've been listening for 2 months now and I believe it's lowering the volume. I still hear the tinnitus, but it's getting better, little by little.

Even if you hear several sounds, there is usually one frequency that is the loudest or strongest. Start with that one. Test your frequency every week to make sure it's still the same.

3. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Huh. Oh a whim, I just decided to try this for a short period of time... My tonal T in my "bad" ear turned from an infernal EEEEE screech to a gentler hissing noise. I'm gonna leave it on as I sleep at a very quiet volume for several hours and see what happens.

4. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I just played this for an minutes trying to find my tinnitus frequency and it already changed my tinnitus! Holy sh*t how is it even possible! My T went from loud high frequency hissing to lower hiss and lower tonal T! OMG! When I stopped the sound I immediately felt like my head was going to explode but then silence for seconds.. Then my T is back but much lower hissing and lower T(actually it almost gone!)

Wow. I do not know if I should keep it trying.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. MrZanja

MrZanja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Festivals
      I found my tone on the http://generalfuzz.net/acrn/ website. The question is, how do I download this ACRN tone as an mp3 or something so I can put it on my MP3 player or phone?

Many thanks for replying!

6. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      I've just tried this for the first time. No-one told me it sounded like Kraftwerk! Even if it doesn't work it's nice to listen to (if you like bleepy electronica). That's tonight's essay-writing soundtrack sorted, then :headphone:

7. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Since I have hissing tinnitus all of the sounds in this covers my tinnitus. So what should I do? This thing still gives me some relief. My hissing turns into tonal T and let me tell you it is way too easy to habituate it rather than screeching T!

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. jacob21
      Amazed

jacob21 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 > 2009 "cured" >2nd onset June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induce ( loud music )
      Hi All

I am based in London . I just started few days ago, probably 10 days ago ANM accoustic from the tinnitus clinic . When I plug it to my ears I have instant relief of my T . My T is very high pitch , probably 13 Khz

Did someone got some relief with generall fuzz after using it for many months ? At the T clinic they said that 2 persons over 3 get some real relief after using ANM for 4 to 6 hours a day during 6 to 12 months .And those who get relief , don tuse it anymore after this period

I saw the video on their website . I just hope and want to believe they are true testimonials !

Is anyone experience real relief after using ANM or general fuzz or so after so many months ?

Wish you all the best

9. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      @jacob21
      I have been using the neuromodulator since February.
      My tinnitus frequency is 9.5 kHz.
      Progress is extremely slow. As a matter of fact it is this slow that I am not sure if the therapy does something for me.
      When I start the therapy in the morning my tinnitus goes up instantly.
      During this therapy the volume of the tones needed to be adjusted three or four times.
      This should be an indication that my tinnitus is going down.
      Not yet do I experience this as such. So is this objective versus subjective? I don't know yet.
      I do not yet want to conclude if this therapy worked for me or not.

10. jacob21
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Reiner

Thank you for sharing
      Based on the testimonials they said we have to wait 6 to 12 month to see result .

Last night I woke with a Crazy very high T . I plugged the ANM , it has low down the volume and then get back to bed . At least it s a good benefit of the tools
      I really hope we ll be able to see some result as :

http://thetinnitusclinic.co.uk/patient-stories/jane-mellor
      and him
      http://thetinnitusclinic.co.uk/patient-stories/peter-humphries

Does someone from this forum got some relief after 12 months of using it ?

Best
      Jacob21

11. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Jacob21,

Good to know you find instant relief. Even if it is only for a limited time. Be positive and assume this is a good sign for long term relief too.
      I am only just past the 6 months, so I have not given up hope. My tinnitus has changed. It is not at a high level 24 hours a day. It used to be like that. If this is natural or the therapy???, I can not tell.
      It is interesting to see how different our tinnitus reacts. My tinnitus goes up the moment I start the therapy and you get relief almost immediately.

12. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      The tinnitus clinic only shows a few of the success stories. But how many hasn't benefitted ? As for the cost it's far to expensive. but then they can rack up the price because they know people out there are desperate.

13. jacob21
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Richard : you re right . When desperate you are ready to pay and try anything .
      If the few stories are real , this is a good news . It means some people can find a cure or reduce their T at a point they won't bother them anymore . Just wish those stories are true and many of us will find their cure .

I looked at generalfuzz and it's very close of ANM . At least General fuzz is free.
      Do we know if some people here got some real relief after using general fuzz or the relief is just with some Residual inhibition ?

@Reiner : did you notice a change in the frequency of your tinnitus ?
      Me I noticed a change in the frequency . It s a bit lower pitch , but volume still high . I am just less than 2 weeks on it

14. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree it is too expensive. I decided to go ahead with it anyway because I was horrified by the notion this racket inside my head was there to stay. 24/7.
      So why this therapy and not other therapies? I just figured the theory behind this therapy could make sense. To me it was not too far fetched.
      How do you decide? Try to use common sense as much as possible. Difficult if even experts are divided.
      More all the time I notice a lower frequency. I heard 4 kHz and one night I heard a really low frequency of 1 kHz.
      The 1 kHz was totally unexpected and compared to the 9.5 and 4 kHz not bad at all.
      Naturally these are estimates. But because audio has been a fascination all my live, I am confident that the estimations are not far off.
      But the lower frequency only happened two times. I estimate that 95 % of the time the 9.5 kHz is dominant.
      But what puzzles me the most is the fact that the volume needed adjustment (lowering) three or four times and I am still not sure if the therapy or natural change is the reason for this. I struggle with the subjective/objective difference of my tinnitus.
      But I can not do a double blind test.

15. jacob21
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes only by testing ourself for at least 12 month ...it s long , we ll know if this work
      I found a very nice page from kevin hogan .For him using this ANM or any other audio sounds will have the same result ( positive ) . But this is only 1 part of the puzzle . https://www.kevinhogan.com/FAQ.htm

16. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      OK. I'll give this thing a second chance but it is way too hard to find my certain frequency. So is it gonna hurt my ears if I cannot find my own frequency but still run this therapy for 4 hours a day? I don't use ear plugs, I run the sound from my computer.

17. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      But than I still won't know if improvement is due to the therapy or neural plasticity.

18. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Is there anyway to save this to a MP3 track? The main website does not work through my iPhone browser either to play.

19. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      what operating system are you using? Given basic familiarity with computers and recording software, it's generally pretty straightforward to make a capture of an audio stream -- for instance using Audacity.

I would recommend exporting to a lossless format like FLAC or AC3; MP3 compression disproportionally detracts from the quality of very high pitched noise.

20. jacob21
      Amazed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Actually I found more relief using BBnoise 10khz with my ipod than ANM . So i am using both alternatively
      I hope those therapy will help all of us

21. REDSNOW106

REDSNOW106 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at Concert
      So is it better to play these frequencies alone? Or mix it with some white noise when creating a mp3 track?

22. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      According to the protocol listen to the frequencies alone. They did say though that you can have other noise going on around you when you listen, don't need to be in silence.

23. REDSNOW106

REDSNOW106 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at Concert
      Thanks Steve, I'm going to give this a shot for a week or two and see if it does makes any difference. If I'm still hearing it then my brain must not retraining or reversing itself to ignore the tinnitus frequencies right? I find the Frequency Sound Generator App works better for me.

24. REDSNOW106

REDSNOW106 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at Concert
      I use Frequency Generator App because it allows you to control 3 frequecies at different volumes and modulations all in real time. If you play them low enough with you can hear it cancelling out your tinnitus frequenancy and white noise with it will help as well.

25. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Sort of yeah, mostly when this approach works people report a lessening of tinnitus straight away. You probably won't lose your perception of it (if you do that's awesome) so don't expect much more than a temporary reduction to begin with.

26. REDSNOW106

REDSNOW106 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at Concert
      Seems like its going to be gradual process but its kool as long it helps.

27. Daveyrvancleef

Daveyrvancleef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know
      My tinnitus is high + static, but when I use it between 2500 hz and 8000 hz, the high pitch will disappear. What is left is the static sound, also loud, but much bearable and it does not hurt(that high pitch hurts). It always returns to its baseline. Anyone has similar experiences?

28. Thomt

Thomt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/98
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise? unknown.
      Hi Steve, I my frequency is about 6,000hz. I hope I did it right. I had tinnitus for about 18 years. I hope this might help.
      Can I get a MP3 file and will this work on an Android phone? I do have a Ipod if I need it. Thanks

29. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

30. Thomt

Thomt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/98
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise? unknown.
      thanks, but I got that. I just need to know how to download it on either my phone or Ipod.