All Things Are Possible to Him Who Believes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joe P. Tamborra, Apr 18, 2015.

1. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      This means nothing. The longevity and popularity of Christianity means nothing in regards to whether it's the truth or not. Islam has roughly 80% of the numbers of Christianity and I'm sure you fully reject the validity of the Qu'ran.

Preservation of the holy scriptures? You mean the ones that were written many years after the alleged fact? That's' not open to abuse at all. Let's not even consider how they have been translated many times and chapters cut.
      I'm sure. Yet you can find people of various faiths saying the exact same thing about their chosen religious idols. How do you differentiate between them? Saying you "know it in my heart" just isn't going to cut it.

Ah so your brand of Christianity is the correct one? We can just throw every other denomination in the bin, those damn sinners.

Mistreated? Attacked? Not quite.

I can only see one post on here that could be construed as a personal attack. If Joe is going to use this forum as a platform to broadcast his religious views then he has to be prepared to take any criticism that comes his way. This is not a religious forum, so any post on here will end up in heated debate as religion is a volatile subject.

If anyone wants to have an unchallenged "love in" when it comes to their faith, they best stick to a forum dedicated to that end.

• Agree Agree x 3
    2. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      "I speak the truth and you speak foolishness"
      If you told me I spoke foolishness then I would take that as implying I am a fool! If you intention was not to imply that SJ was a fool then you should have worded your reply accordingly.

You are correct. I did rebuke your comment because I held you to a higher standard than SJ.

You are correct. I am entitled to ignore anger or foolish comments directed at me. I believe Jesus called this turning the other cheek. But if you must:

Proberbs 29:11 "A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back."

If you were Islamic and made that comment you would be labelled by the western world as an extremist. I don't believe God is looking for extremists. Extremists act on emotions of anger and hatred and seek to impose there ways on other people. I believe God is looking for normal people to share in his love and share his Gospel. Something you started to do rather well in this thread. Then people challenged you and you started arguing your point. At some point after that this thread descended from the message of love and encouragement to a fight with people the bible would describe as unwise. Don't be misguided in thinking that I hold you in contempt. I have respect for the you and the message you are sharing, but your willingness to keep fighting this out is not something I can agree with. I find it offensive and counter productive. I hold you to a higher standard.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Mark, thank you for taking the time to try and help me.Scripture says, Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceits (Prov.26:5). The scripture also says reprove,rebuke, and exhort with all long suffering (2Tim.4:2). If someone misconstrues my words that has nothing to do with me, that just proves they do not know my character or have a lack of understanding. Furthermore most churches nowadays preach a very light, anemic, compromised gospel that does not have the ability to keep someone in the fear of God and keeping His commandments. Great peace have they that love thy law, and nothing shall offend them (Psm.119:165). So I disagree with your rebuke as well as calling yourself a Christian and getting offended over an innocent person defending himself. I'm sure if someone was mistreating your wife or girlfriend you would not turn the other cheek, you would defend her honor. So understand scripture properly before applying them to an innocent person. Jesus was saying not to retaliate when mistreated. I was not retaliating I was trying to show SJ the ignorance of his comments, that is true love to try and correct him, so he does not continue to say offensive stuff to others. If I let that foolishness stand without responding he would stay wise in his own conceits and continue on his path to destruction. So regardless of the outcome I operated in love not hate trying to turn a sinner from his folly.

4. Harold
      Cheerful

Harold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Joe talks of Jesus and Islam and Jesus and many religions based and believed Of Jesus....my only question is
      I was told that Jesus was form a Jewish Tribe who left to help and save and preach to followers...Why do those that worship Jesus only seek to attack and destroy the jewish people. Jesus was a savior and Israel seeks to create world peace and save the world from the end of days.

5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Let's just all agree to disagree.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Danny, sometimes thats the best way to handle situations.

7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know, I know.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Harold, I love the Jewish people. I have good friends that are
      Jewish, and many of them live at a higher level than mainline
      society. The Christians that attack Jewish people are very foolish,
      because the Jews are God's chosen people.

9. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I tried suggesting that about 5 pages ago!!! :) nobody listens :dunno:

10. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      They'll be going on and on and on and on and on.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      You wrote the comment in plain English Joe.
      If you can't convey your meaning correctly then it does have something to do with you. In fact it is all to do with you.

If a friend messages me to say "BBQ at my place at 5pm tonight, bring meat", I would show up at 5pm with meat expecting a BBQ. If I brought sausages and he expected steak, then what you are suggesting is that I misunderstood his character or I have no understanding. The reality is that my friend didn't state it correctly in the first place. Being my mate I am sure he would realize his mistake and accept he was in the wrong...but you don't seem willing to do that. Instead you give yourself this aura of "innocence" which to others such as myself actually looks like arrogance.

Have you got some statistical proof on what most churches preach? That's quite the generalization. My church certainly doesn't preach "Christianity Lite". Please don't trash other churches, you don't have the right.

So now you are telling me that Jesus' teachings only apply when they are convenient? I don't recall Jesus saying to his disciples "Hey boys, if someone from the hood insults you, just turn the other cheek aye...but if they insult your wife or mother you have my permission to waste them."

No. He preached turn the other cheek.

You just commented about other churches not properly teaching on the fear of God. If you knew the fear of God, you would always turn the other cheek.

But to answer your hypothetical situation regarding my wife or mother...
      I would comfort and encourage my wife or mother.
      I would tell her how much I love her and how amazing a person she was. I would remind her of Christ's love for her and her identity in Christ itself.
      I would remind her that those people do not know her as I do, or Jesus does.
      I would take her out for a nice dinner and buy her flowers.
      I would demonstrate my love for her in my words and actions.

I would not go out of my way to defend her honor. Hypothetically the people dissing my wife or mum could have a gun and use it on me, then I would be dead and my wife or mum would have lost the man she loves and someone who would have otherwise been there to encourage her.

What's the point escalating things...it just leaves to anger and regret. This thread is full of it.

People are entitled to their own path, this a right given to each of us and you are not entitled to take that away from them.
      Just earlier a few pages back @RichL told me he doesn't believe the bible is the authentic word of God. Your response to him was to quote verse after verse of the bible. All I could think of was:

549677_139622179520866_588122904_n.jpg

You don't realize it because you have created yourself an aura of "innocence", but what you are doing by arguing with people over and over again is further entrench the view that all Christians are bible bashing sycophants. Hopefully I have undone some of that damage, but it is unlikely since here we are arguing.

With that I am done. I will not reply and leave you to have the last word.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. Calories
      Surrender

Calories Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      B12 Difficiency, Possibly salycilic poising from fenugreek and ginger
      From being a devout firm believer of God to now an firm non-believer. God doesn't exist!! It was total waste for prayers upon prayers for help!

13. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      This is why you leave religion at home.... This is a Tinnitus support forum not a preach forum. i respect your beliefs joe as you should do everyone elses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Shadgirl
      Wishful

Shadgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 or 3 mounths ago
      Who hear can show some KINDNESS? This sights about CARING not ATTACKING! Quit it and go get LIVES!

15. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

I take offence to this @Shadgirl ,

We actually have lives, we are here for answers to our horrid affliction, for friendship and advice, if you cannot handle a debate without showing obvious anger then maybe you should stop reading this thread!

The only one who is showing any inkling of an attack is probably the author of this thread!

16. Shadgirl
      Wishful

Shadgirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 or 3 mounths ago
      Therese been allot of debating and fighting going on on a thread called "All things are possible to him who believe." So I'm writing this counter thread in an attempt to stop it once and for all. To start with people are saying things against God. There saying Christens are wicked people. And that makes the Christens angry and they respond. This of course leads the non Christens to respond in anger and arrogance and the Christens return both. The more this goes on, the more upset both parties become. And soon even the posts owner is upset and angry. This causes him to say things he dose not mean as well. Thus he gets everyone mad at him Christen and non believer alike. Some people are even calling the religion eval. There reasoning being stuff like Christens they know or the Jihadists and Natzies. Regardless it makes the Christens even angrier and the fight goes on.

Now take a good long look at what I just wrote. Dose that look like something that makes sufferers feel good? Dose it support one in other in our time of need? The terms of this form state that we should all be respectful of one another because were all suffering from the same thing. Tinnitus. That's why we came hear isn't it? To find love and support from others like us? Then tell me. What dose Joe's thread look like? Dose it support love?

Really when you stop and think about it the ones who are being eval are the ones who are helping to spread this hate. Myself included. There both christen and non christen. Nether side is pure. Sure there are some on both sides who are just trying to stop the fighting. And sure there are some who are supportive of the threads true message. (To bring hope to any sufferer who is willing to believe.) But there are also a great deal of others who seem bent on hurting there fellow sufferers and that's not what Tinnitus Talk is all about.

So to those who read this answer me one thing. God or no God when a post like this shows up, is it right or wrong to put negative things on it like "There is no God. I can prove it." or "I'm offended you said something like that." ? A sight called Fanfiction.net has a policy: Don't like, don't read. This policy helps protect its writers (as this is a story writing sight) from most attackers. So why cant we abide by this rule? It also has filters to allow a writer to report, block, or even delete offensive or mean posts so that no one else sees them and keeps the fighting going. A writer can even chose to block a fellow member from posting on there stuff all together if that person is upsetting them too much. That way the writer is safe from what they call "Flamers" and nobody gets hurt. Sure the flamers might get mad that they cant post on that persons stuff anymore, but that only lasts a short while and they move on. Iv never seen anyone get into sure a fuss on Fanfiction.net because of that. Its a far more peaceful sight then that thread has become.

Now answer this. If a Republican posted that there party was going to donate allot of money for tinnitus research and they put it up to bring hope to others, is it then right for a democrat to go into that post and say "Your a real idiot. That side is agents welfare! Why would they ever help?" Would a post like that start a fight? Yes. Would it hurt others feeling? Yes. Would that be good for anyone? You tell me.

Were all suffering the same thing hear. So why do we spread poison instead of medicine? I'm willing to stop if the rest of you are. So if anyone is with me, please tell your friends who are posting on Joe's post :ENOUGH. Lets return this sight to what it was meant to be. A place of hope and love for the sufferers of Tinnitus. And to any managers who read this, I'd like to propose trying out Fanfiction.nets blocking trick. It stops allot of problems before they can begin. Thank you.

17. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      A debate is not a fight, learn the difference!

Wrong!

Don't recall seeing this written anywhere in that thread, perhaps I missed it, would you be so kind as to point it out?

I did, how old are you?

It looks exactly like what @Joe P. Tamborra wanted it to look like, A platform for his dangerous and arrogant indoctrination!

This is a crock of shit @Shadgirl , No one is spreading any hate except you!
      As you can see this is a post of yours in the thread ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM WHO BELIEVES..

"Not if non believers had enough sense to MIND THERE OWN BISSNESS. They're just bullies and I hate them!"

As for the rest of your rubbish, your right I choose not to read it!

There is room on this forum for debate, reassurance and advice, if all you want is a place to kiss and cuddle @Shadgirl I suggest you go to a companion forum or the like!;)

• Like Like x 2
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      I can see from all the different posts that this topic of all things are possible to him that believes has really struck a cord to several fellow sufferers. It never was my intention to cause division among the ranks of us here that are living with an ongoing affliction. I have lived my message for almost half a lifetime now and I firmly believe it to be a life changing gospel that I quote from. Before I came into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ my life was spinning out of control. I had been wasting many years chasing easy money gambling, I was heavily involved with sex,drugs, and rock and roll. I found myself at age 29 with no direction in life and not many answers to resolve my situation. When presented with the gospel of Jesus Christ, I did not immediately become converted,however I did take the time to study the evidence of the claims made in the bible. Upon spending weeks in study, I personally concluded that this truly was not an ordinary book, but it was as claimed the WORD of God. When following the outline in the bible, I repented of my many sins against God, and found forgiveness. I also proceeded to confess Jesus as the Lord and Savior of my life. He in turn kept His promise to all who repent and believe and filled me with His Holy Spirit, and I became born again in 1988. Since then life has had many ups and downs, however I never have regretted the best decision I ever made, to follow in the steps of Christ. Through all the ups and downs that life has presented, I can tell you with all belief that God has been with me every step of the way, even through this very challenging ongoing case of tinnitus. Having survived brain surgery, and still living with tinnitus; the only thing that has kept me out of the insane asylum is knowing that when life is all said and done, these light afflictions which are for a moment will produce a far more eternal weight of glory.The reason many struggle so much with putting their faith in God is because they do not trust Him and they do not know His character. So many, even Christians nowadays see God as a doting Grandfather in the sky, who will answer their every wish if they have faith. Many have created in their own minds the all American Jesus, and think they can live any way they wish and still have a healthy relationship with Christ. Few have a complete understanding of the true character of God. The God of the bible is full of compassion, extremely merciful, very gracious, long suffering, kind, loving, faithful, and trustworthy. He also is fair and just, and made rules that He expects His creation to live by; as well as one day He will be our Judge. God always operates in the realm of eternity. These short lives we live are a proving ground to see if we will humble ourselves and allow God to be part of our lives. Tinnitus really does not make sense to someone that is living for the now; however for those of us that are living for eternity, some may figure out that God has allowed this affliction for His own purpose. He is well able to bring this hardship to an end a any given moment He chooses. The bible and recent history in others lives, proves over and over again that the God of the bible is a miracle working God. While on earth Jesus opened blinded eyes, made the lame to walk, healed lepers, delivered some that were demon possessed, caused deaf people to hear, raised the dead, walked on water, turned water in to wine, and feed thousands with a little fish and bread. Up until this point there is no proven cure for tinnitus, so I offer to all that will hear the only hope that I know of, PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN GOD. Lord I pray for all that are part of TT, that you will change their lives for the better, help them to endure the challenge that tinnitus presents us all. Help us all to understand your ways that are higher than ours. Help us to accept the things we have no power to change. Give every believer and every unbeliever victory over tinnitus. Turn each heart, regardless of how hardened back to you. Let each soul be saved, delivered, and set free from every bondage. Preform a notable miracle today and heal us all in the name above every name JESUS.

19. Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Has anyone here stopped to think about what is happening in this thread? We are, I assume, all either dealing with T or H. Beating one or both almost always calls for reducing stress, yet this thread is one big argument. An Internet argument that doesn't solve anything or help our respective ailments.

If you're still struggling and you're posting in this thread, you may want to rethink your treatment strategy.

20. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Joe P. Tamborra ,

If you want members to read what you write, It would be of benefit to use sentences, I gave up half way through it!

• Funny Funny x 1
    21. astronomer
      Spaced

astronomer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced ( factory/rock band )
      dont worry folks, we get off easy , when we sin we dont know any better, But, a preacher who sins knows better !

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Hey rich, sorry you did not enjoy the post. I wrote it this morning while my tinnitus was somewhat loud. I was
      on my way to work and did not have time to do much proof reading.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Hello Astronomer

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Not much of an argument Mike, just differing opinions for the most part.

25. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      And yet again...GOD brings peace to the world :p

26. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I was a bit of a thick shit this morning as well, should have read paragraphs! That's what happens when you try and post at 5-30 am half asleep! :facepalm:

27. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      B95uDuTCUAAPojr.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    28. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      law-order-courtroom-trials-defendant-swearing_in-prejurer-mban4183_low.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    29. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
      You are correct. During this thread I have been overstating things to make a point. I will apologize for my rude manners ( I made it personal by calling you a nutcase. I should not have done that). Truly the last thing I will contribute to this topic.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Sj, Apology accepted.