Basically Cured with Psilocybin

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by the Jalombian, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      Just going to do 10g of Penis Envy and fukitoff.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Hug Hug x 3
    2. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Just make sure you report back.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll be on another planet. Fear of death procured.

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      That's a crazy dose man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Joking. I don't think shrooms will help me one bit sadly.

6. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I don't think so either. It didn't help me one bit. I only took a normal dose but still, no change whatsoever.

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      How much did you take and how did you do it (were you in complete silence while taking it, or outdoors...)?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I took 20 mg of 4-HO-MET (it's a Tryptamine, very similar to standard shrooms) along with 150 ug of AL-LAD which is very similar to LSD and I also took some Ketamine in there too. I have done this twice actually with a two-week break in between.

I was listening to music most of the time, indoors. I wasn't spending all my time focusing on my tinnitus though. I think you would need to focus on your intentions a lot for a better chance to see any benefit.

I'm going to take shrooms and other psychedelics again, mostly just for fun and I'll update if there's any miracle but I highly doubt it.

9. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      I combined Ketamine with LSD and had no improvement (wild experience though).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The only two people I know cured their tinnitus had the same exact experience.

They took something like 3g of Envy Penis, and focused on their tinnitus in total silence, in order to manipulate it. And the tinnitus went very loud during the trip and then disappeared after.

I think if you want a chance to cure it, you should be in total silence, focus on manipulating the sound, do what you want with it, and accept it as a song rather than a bad sound.

At least that's what I've learnt from these two successfully experiences.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I would be slightly afraid that my tinnitus would be permanently louder after this, as has been reported from some people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I totally understand.

13. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      That would just mean you need to dose again and fix it. Repeat until the job is done. ;)

14. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I had considered this but not sure if it's worth the risk. Might just keep getting worse and worse.

Maybe the next time I'm tripping, I'll spend a short while trying to control my tinnitus.

15. xerpes

xerpes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      I was just kidding, but I understand your fear. Tinnitus paranoia essentially rules my life now. I am afraid of doing anything that could make it worse. Turns out the world is a loud place too. After my experiences, however, I feel pretty comfortable with the substances mentioned in this thread. I might give @Gabriel's suggestion a try when I get the chance.

16. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you do so, I would be very curious of your experience (and hopefully you will come back to write your own success story).

17. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm not thaaaat afraid of trying it though really. I've tripped over 100 times so no worries there, although I'm always very wary of over doing it and doing it safely.

Not sure if I want to take up an entire trip for trying to quiet my tinnitus or not though. Going to trip for fun anyway but that probably doesn't help tinnitus at all.

18. ErikaS

ErikaS Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection/Ultra High Frequency SSHL in Right Ear
      After talking to both my psychiatrist and functional medicine doctor, both are huge proponents of Psilocybin / hallucinogens. My psychiatrist said that there is so much potential for them in many aspects, just cannot legally prescribe yet. My functional doctor has been microdosing and doing larger amounts for almost 7 years now. He explained to me that Psilocybin is a serotonin antagonist, and would “do me much better” than an SSRI.

Long story short, I am interested in microdosing for depression and anxiety and even have been looking into Stamets Stack to help my mental game. Gotta beat this shit as hard or harder than it tries to beat me!

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    19. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Taking a moderate/strong dose of shrooms every few months is nice to reset how you are thinking about everything in your life. It is very low risk in general too, considered a soft drug in many places and becoming more legal day by day.

You might be able to buy a grow kit legally and grow some yourself. It's actually not that difficult.

I never got anything from microdosing personally. The big doses can be good but you need to have the right mindset going into it.

I took some 2CB recently which is similar, it's often described as halfway between LSD and MDMA, and it didn't affect my tinnitus whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    20. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      To be in the “right mindset” regarding larger dose of Psilocybin, what is that mindset? Chill, not anxious, generally stable mood?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    21. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      I was a good source for Orange Sunshine back in the day. Between that and 'shrooms, I probably tripped 300+ times and never had a bad experience. Some trips were better than others though. The acid was stronger than the shrooms, but the thing w/ shrooms was that you're winging it w/ the dosages. So start small, it's easier to work up than to work down.

The right mindset is pretty simple. Make sure you're in a good space mentally and physically, don't have something bothering you, and have been like this for several days. Make sure you aren't going to be meeting people w/ bad vibes. You want to be in a safe place where you feel comfortable w/ the people and the place. No unexpected surprises. Eat minimally, but don't fast. It's more effective if you haven't eaten for 4 or more hours before dosing.

Do you live near a field w/ cows in it? That was always a great source of the magic 'shrooms when I lived in Mississippi. I wouldn't exactly call what we did microdosing though! It was more the opposite. Make 100% sure you are getting the right mushrooms.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. BrysonKingMe

BrysonKingMe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paradoxical on Klonopin leading to a shitton of other proble
      You will likely not feel much if you are also taking a benzo at the same time, they are known for "ending the trip."

• Informative Informative x 2
    23. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dang! Even if it’s just 0.25 mg of Ativan in the evening? Like if I did the Psilocybin late morning, still a no go?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    24. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Basically, yes. People say setting is the most important thing so being in a safe place is better. If you're doing it for some type of mental healing, then you need to be thinking about that type of thing because it won't always just happen without you trying to guide it a bit.

Taking benzos before you trip will make the shrooms about 25% effective.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    25. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the feedback. Damnit, I need to get off this baby dose of Ativan.

26. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @ErikaS,

Just a quick note to let you know I'm concerned about some of the advice you're getting. I think there are very potent ways to shift things for ourselves that don't involve drugs, drugs that can be problematic, not just emotionally and/or mentally, but spiritually as well.

One thing that concerns me about doing any kind of mushroom approach is the potential for a depersonalization event. I ran across a help forum one time for people suffering from depersonalization, and it often began after a drug event, even with something as seemingly innocuous as marijuana.

I once tagged you in a post where I mentioned a spiritual technique that works well for me. I also mentioned I believe Methylene Blue has a lot of potential for some of the things you're dealing with. FWIW, I think experimenting with a spiritual technique and microdosing with Methylene Blue would be much safer and likely more effective than experimenting with Psilocybin.

No matter what you decide, wishing you the very best!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    27. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      @ErikaS, this seems to be the latest research/thinking as increasing serotonin can improve depression but make tinnitus worse. It's my understanding that antagonists at serotonin neurotransmitters 5-HT2a/c and 5-HT7 are the way to go theoretically. Although agonists at 5-HT1a are thought to help.

That's when you realise how complicated it can get :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Ativan is a short term treatment anyway, so you need to get off it at some point, so this could be good motivation.

I've taken shrooms and LSD a lot for recreational reasons but even then, a lot of the time I would have some very deep insightful thoughts on my current life situation and have come out better from it. This feeling can last several days but it sometimes provides enough motivation to make changes in your life.

Maybe keep some Ativan on hand so you can use it to chill out if you get too anxious while tripping. Even just knowing it's there is enough to keep you more calm too.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    29. ErikaS

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Lane,

Please know I’m only interested in microdosing at this point. There is a lot of promising studies coming out about microdosing psilocybin, from mental illnesses/struggles to neuro diseases.

Thank you though for looking out!
      I honestly think (and hope) what will end this tug of war is potassium channel openers/XEN1101. I truly hope it does, and wish it was coming out tomorrow so we could all stop driving around in circles just trying to get some relief that’s not a benzo or another “bad” med.

• Like Like x 4
    30. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      What would be a single microdose you think about?