Crying on My Way to Work

Discussion in 'Support' started by truesilence, Feb 9, 2016.

1. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      After nearly two years I have hit the brick wall. I can't cope anymore with the T. I can't do the screeching brakes sounds,the lack of restful quality sleep, waking up with piercing hissing, the loudness of my food chewing, the constant neck head shoulder tension and pain, the ear popping and clicking, the constipation and nausea, the dreadful fatigue and brain fog, the new tones that keep appearing for no reason and the fact that this truly vile condition is getting worse. I've done CBT, thought I was getting somewhere but no, I'm literally back to square one.

God only knows what I'll be like in another two years.

• Hug Hug x 12
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @truesilence,
      I understand totally how you feel and how it gives you brain fog and lethargy and the sound itself.
      Its a lot to cope with but we have to.
      Have you tried sound therapy at night ?
      Maybe maskers or hearing aids might help you .
      Stay strong and push hard to make your life full of good things and not let your tinnitus win .

Antidepressants might help you feel better too.

We are all here for you and have a good cry when you need one .
      Sending you lots of love and hugs..glynis x

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      Hey @truesilence, I feel the same way. Coming up on two years and can relate to everything you said. I hope one day it gets better for all of us. Hang in there. Hope you have a good day today.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      yeah man , this shit is a bitch for sure , dont know what to tell you ...

Edit.. hang on , i do have advice ...hit the jacuzzi ! Find a local pool and see if they have hot tubs, jacuzzis , does wonders for me , for real.

• Like Like x 3
    5. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      @truesilence
      I can totally relate. I have T from hell.
      And on a 10/10 today, piercing with 15+ kHz through my head.
      2 years and 4 months in.
      Even Trobalt does not calm T nor me down today.
      Can only pray next day will be milder.

Stay strong.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Same here , trobalt is not working today at all..so..

7. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      Can relate to this. I try to remember it is up and down all the time.
      When I am down there will be a period that I am slightly more positive again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      T is the ultimate roller coaster ride in Hell! The only solution, is to ride it to the bottom and pray it comes back up to the top.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I felt the same way 2 years in. I fought this tooth and nail, and as a result, felt much the same way 3-4 years in.

I feel a lot better now.

I think crying is very good and cathartic; if you feel the urge to cry, I say go for it. Break right down, scream obscenities at god, feel the staggering depth of your own emotions -- I think that is a lot healthier than stifling things.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      I totally understand how you are feeling. Writing this now my tinnitus is at its highest pitch screeching brakes on a railway line. The most frustrating thing is there is no pill you can take to quieten the noise. There's nothing! And that's the most frustrating thing if you are suffering from this horrible condition . All I can say is stay strong dont give in to it. You are not alone we are all hear for you.

• Like Like x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      In the past I would have good cry and then collapse into bed, the stress would melt away and I would sleep like a baby, waking up in the morning all fluffy clouds, refreshed and ready to face the day.

But not anymore.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      All I can say is, none of this is unfamiliar to me, thinking back about how I felt when I was 2-3 years into this mess.

I've still got the tinnitus, for sure, but I sleep really well, and once I figured that out, all sorts of things got better and easier to deal with. I'm not going to kid you and say my life is perfect, but whose is...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      So sorry for the anguish you are going through. Unfortunately you are not alone. I'm in my 8th year of T . I can tell you there are some things I do to lessen it a bit.
      Hot baths & showers.
      Always keep a prescription of a low dose Xanax for the really high pitched screeching sound days.
      Don't use caffeine; coffee or tea. I use decafe & herbal.
      Don't consume high salt, sugar or salicyclate containing foods.
      Do deep breathing exercises daily.
      Get weekly neck, shoulder & SCALP massages.
      Take daily magnesium suppliment.

Hope this helps you & anyone else who reads this.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Really sorry to hear you are in a bad place with T. It is relentless and truly horrible but you will get some relief at some point. Life is worth living. DONT let it win. A gentle neck, shoulder and scalp massage can be good. Try and tell it to go away. Lots of low level background noise. I know it doesn't help but your not alone. There are a lot of people here with good advice that care a lot. Everyones T journey is different. Praying you have a quiet time soon even if its just a few hours X

• Like Like x 2
    15. meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud clubs initially, now louder due to noise & vibrations.
      I am in the same boat as you now but I haven't cried for a while and I don't know why. My tinnitus was always tolerable but has got a lot worse in the last few months, I used to get that high pitched hissing as a reaction to certain medication and it would last a few days or a few weeks but I've had it for 6 weeks now, on top of that, my over all tinnitus has increased a lot. I work in a warehouse and sometimes someone will drop a pallet on the. Concrete floor right next to me or the music would be turned up loud, I am usually miserable and at times suicidal, I bring everyone else down around me though as I just can't pretend like a lot of people do, its just how I am. I struggle when I'm home and with work on top it's much worse. My favourite past time is computer gaming, its the thing I do mostly in my free time and always have, I love it but tinnitus is robbing me of my enjoyment of that and everything else until I sleep for a few hours again. Sleep is my only escape and I wish that I didn't wake up, you are not alone with this.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      sorry to hear you suffer from this pain. But believe me you are not alone. my advice to you and myself is don't concentrate on T as possible. when I am busy I am very better.

• Like Like x 2
    17. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I hear you. I'm only 10 months in and I can't take it anymore. I take Cyclobenzaprine to sleep and it works great even though it isn't a sleep aid. You need a full night's rest to deal with this day after day.

• Like Like x 2
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      It's not the sound that bothers me- it's the rentless shifting neck/shoulder tension. I mean it's really bad now. When my muscles are more relaxed, the T is not as bad. I work at a a computer all day and I think my muscles have got themselves into a pattern. And it's on one side only. There are times when I can feel my muscles trying to adjust. I'm so tired- it's a bloody miracle that I'm still able to work.

• Hug Hug x 1
    19. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I work at a computer all day too. I get professional massages and gentle chiropractic treatments. These help quite a bit, especially on my temporalis areas. Also, neck & shoulder stretches after warming the areas first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Quiet please
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I try not to cry anymore; seems to make the T worse. I've started seeing a holistic chiropractor who does gentle cranial work on my head, temporalis, jaws, shoulder, neck & in my case, the C1. Its only been 3 sessions, but I have felt relief. The pain & stiffness is going away & the T is shorter in duration; with each session, I have longer T relief. Its still loud, but the quiet lasts longer.

• Like Like x 1
    21. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Those were my words a couple years ago, til I did this... https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

22. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Lex
      Blah

Lex Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad decisions
      Try physical therapy. Six sessions later, my T and H are just as bad but my shoulders and neck feel amazing. I figured if I can't get rid of T and H, then I'll try to get rid of the other things that are giving me pain/discomfort.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1