Dry Fasting

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Hastune, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Telis,

I find your posts very interesting. Some of your horrendous experiences, plus some of your orientation on a number of things, are very similar to mine. In particular, when I first got my tinnitus from an ototoxic drug in Feb., I could hardly sleep. The first few days, it was on occasional 5 minutes--maybe 30 min./day, which was then followed by waking up to screeching tinnitus at least 2-3x louder, along with intense trembling of the worst sort.

I wanted to let you know that I recently took out a loan to purchase an in-home mHBOT unit. So far, the results have been impressive. Within a couple weeks or so, I noticed a number of age spots were diminished by about 80%. I thought if mHBOT can do this within just a couple of weeks, what might it do for my brain and nervous system over a period of several months?

Also, I almost immediately started sleeping MUCH better. I've now strung together about two weeks straight of 8 hr. nights of sleep. This is especially amazing for me, because I've had sleep difficulties for years, and haven't slept this well in probably 25 years. -- Regarding your reference to stem cells, I recently came across the following online. Whether or not it's true, I can't say. But I have seen a number of references to HBOT increasing stem cells.

"Some studies have shown that a patient who undergoes 40 days of hyperbaric oxygen treatments for about one hour each day ends up with eight times as many stem cells circulating through the body."

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've done a lot of experimenting with fasting over many years, and now anticipate combining it with mHBOT. I think the two should woek extremely well together. -- I almost hesitate to post on this thread, as I really dislike the title, "Dry Fasting". But this is where you're posting, so thought I'd join the conversation where it's at. Again, I'm appreciating your posts, and hope to have more to add once I get further along in my program. -- I sincerely hope you can begin to improve your situation signficantly--and soon!

All the Best...

• Like Like x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      This is bullshit, Liam Boehm is an idiot, he got you all fooled.

These are the emails I get from him:

upload_2018-9-20_13-38-10-png.png

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This thread/discussion isn't about Liam Boehm. I myself think he gives fasting a bad rap, because of the way he presents it. It's why I've been hesitant to post on this thread, but it's where @Telis is making some really good contributions about what fasting has done for him, and the potential he still sees in it as he looks forward.

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Thanks, yeah I’ve been considering giving this a go, I think I will. Kind of wish I would have tried it at the early onset of my new tinnitus.

I should have started a new thread, was lazy, searched fasting and added on to this one.

5. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      You are a serious idiot, I just piggy backed this thread as it was discussing fasting. Let me guess, I’m lying about my results? Maybe you think I’m selling something ? Look at my 5 years of posts here genius.

By the way, fasting is free.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just to mention, I got into the entire setup for a little under $7,000 (Summit to Sea, Dive Model). They're cheaper than they used to be, and hold their value fairly well. I figured if it didn't work, I could resell it for close to what I paid for it. But the results so far have been impressive, and I'm only just starting. I'm hoping that stem cell figure of being 8x higher after 40 sessions is accurate! -- Let me know if you have any specific questions on this.

P.S. Perhaps we can start a new thread with a new title. We could call it "Combining Fasting and mHBOT", or someting like that. I was thinking about doing that in the coming weeks after I got more experience with this, but it might be good to start it sooner, which would allow me to document my progress as I go along. I'd forget less that way.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Kain
      Disappointed

Kain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      excessive loud music through earbuds
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Liam Boehm seems like a bit of a douche.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. infVM
      Alone

infVM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Lane, may I ask how much did it cost you to buy an mHBOT unit or perhaps you could give us a link?

10. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Emrethal

Emrethal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brain
      Hello, I recently joined this forum and recently read the book of Grain Brain. One of the subjects was Fasting Improvement over Brain Functions, Nerves etc. and the author (doctor as well - https://www.drperlmutter.com it is his website) gives some of the things to eat which improves the nerve regeneration etc. (by giving some academic research references.) I started consuming some of the foods and cut out grain/gluten stuff but I have not started any fasting yet.
      Since my problem is related with the nerves going to auditory cortex in my brain, I will definitely give fasting a go by starting with small steps. The biggest problem for me is to find things to eat because the book (above) takes out the carbon hydrate from the life and I travel internationally a lot due work.

anyways, I am sorry if the book shared before but when I try fasting, I will share the results.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      IMHO dry fasting is dangerous and unnecessary. Tinnitus is bad enough. We don't need kidney stones.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      From my opinion if fasting can cure tinnitus, then surgery to remove kidney stones is worth it.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dry fasting yields the same results as electrolyte water fasting, just quicker (supposedly). Why not just fast more frequently for slightly longer and get the same results.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Hi @Telis, I am planning to try fasting in the future, I read about the benefits and I would like to know how to start.

Right now I am am using the Tinnitus Mix with good results so it's not for tinnitus itself but for my health in general.

Immense respect for you who did this fasting, it seems the hardest thing I will ever try.

16. Stu1983
      Studious

Stu1983 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Around 2008/spiked 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2008 sound/2018 Meds made the volume several times worse
      @Telis, you said you were from Canada in another thread. Do you live in Toronto, Ontario or nearby by any chance?

Need some advice regarding TRT and ENTs. Can you please PM me?

Thanks,
      Stu

17. Cape crusader
      Cool

Cape crusader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/18/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction ear wax removal
      Can you take meds, like blood pressure ones, while fasting?

18. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Can you just take ketone esthers and skip the fasting and have the same benefits ?
      There is a lot to do about ketones lately enhancing your physical fitness.
      Taking ketones seem to also have cognitive positive results.

19. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I'm trying out a multi day fast but I will be drinking water.

20. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I strongly believe in this. There are a number of studies showing that fasting promotes stem cell production and the regenerative process in the body. Brain cells keeps regenerating all life. Why would the tiny hair cells not be doing the same even if the process is very slow. I will for sure try it again once I feel better. Even if my tinnitus wouldn't improve I would still gain a lot over other good health benefits. In order to get the most out of it I believe a simple water fast is the best way. 24-72 hours depending how fast you change the metabolism to ketosis. I would probably try to take @Telis's advice and do a number of shorter fasts before trying for 72 hours. It´s easy to monitor the process as well. I will be using this device to keep track of my metabolism.

https://www.myfreestyle.com/freestyle-precision-neo-blood-glucose-monitoring-devices

It can monitor both blood sugar and ketones.

• Like Like x 2
    21. David S

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      How many days will you be aiming for?

22. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uh... Because cochlear hair cells are not neurons, they are not like any other structure in the human body, and we know from hundreds of years of empirical data plus 50 years of imaging data that cochlear hair cells, absolutely, positively do not regenerate in the human body?

There may be other reasons that dry fasting can have a beneficial effect on tinnitus, but it's not magic hair cell regeneration that science doesn't know about. C'mon.

FWIW, being in a ketogenic state for a period of time with alternating fasting had a number of positive effects, but made zero difference in my tinnitus, and I decided it wasn't worth it because I am basically healthy and in quite good shape. Also I like cake and other carbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      4-7.

24. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Read up on the "snake diet". Essentially its a water fast that also includes electrolytes. It's much safer for heart functionality. The guy is hysterical also.

• Like Like x 2
    25. David S

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I do understand this and do agree but on the other hand it´s hard for me to believe that there is exactly the same hair cells/molecules in the inner ear of a new born and 90 years old. Believe there must be something more going on. DNA chains is known to repair them self under ketosis. My feeling is that there is a regenerative process in the body all the time. Much faster in muscles, skin and organs than nerves witch is so low that it can hardly be measured. This can most likely not happen if the underlying nerves is to broken and diminished. I strongly believe in @Telis improvement but also his judgement in general. Why would you push yourself to do 8 days only water fast if you didn't see a lot of good things coming out from it. I might had happened over time anyways (at least years) but think you speed up the process buy forcing you body to regeneration mod by fasting.

26. David S

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      How many here has actually done several 72 hours water only fasts?

Not too many except for @Telis I guess?

I almost managed a 72 hour, 500 carb a day fast but I will prepare much better once I try this again.

@Telis how many times did you have to do it until you really noticed a difference? Do you think it´s better to go in and out of ketosis a couple of times per month (24-72 hours) than a quarterly longer fasts (+72 hours)?

27. David S

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Why are you aiming for so long? There are studies showing that the entire immune system is renewed after only 72 hours?

https://www.gaia.com/article/fasting-resets-immune-system

My feeling is that it´s better to go in and out of ketosis several times (24-72 hours) rather than a few long ones?

Do you know of any other studies that might be of interest?

28. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      I'll probably only make it 72 hours. I'm 36 hours in right now.

29. David S

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Good work! How do you feel? Slept ok?

• Like Like x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slept fine. I saw an ad for some Olive Garden lasagna a moment ago and watched it a little too long and I'm not going to lie, now I'm very hungry. I'm going to keep pushing through it. When I do eat it is going to be marvelous. Oh yeah, tinnitus is basically gone right now too. Haven't had any curcumin in 2 days. This leads me to think all those PRP injections did something.

Any ideas what I should eat when I break this fast?

• Like Like x 1