End of the Line

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      If you have followed my story than you would know how bad my T and H has been worsening all year. My T is just on another dimension it keeps popping out more tones and intensifying them so bad and my H is just reacting everything i easily get over 100 reactive reactions a day to point im in so much pain feels like my tones are pearcing my brain its just so bad. I treat everyday like my last im in so much torment and pain everyday is crazy.. I cant take this anymore idk whats triggering in my head everyday that causes all this seems like everyday i wake up it changes tunes and volumes i cant even talk normal before itll react bad.my mom keeps pleading with me to go to the hospital because im in so much pain from this intensifying T and H.. But i cant risk going outside if my voice does it outside is hell and more damage i know from experience . And yet what will the hospital do i cant go in a MRI and see if theres actually something triggering it thats basically suicide for me at this point. And the options of what it could be are very small. But idk what to do anymore im just so drained from taking this beating daily is sickening. I would rate my case as one one of the worst ive ever heard. What would you do if you were in my position would u risk going to the hospital and causing more damage.. I honeslty dont know how ima see next year the way im going im basically fighting everyday to stay alive...

• Hug Hug x 16
    2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I don't think that the mri is your only option but it'd be a good start. Wear good plugs and headphones if you must.
      A good qEEG might be your next step. Someone taking a good look at your middle ear muscles might help.
      Listen to your mom and go to the hospital.
      Explain to the doctors that your case is not a usual t case and make sure that a competent radiologist, ent and neurologist are always working together to assess your imaging results and other tests. Finding the time to choose your doctors may be your best course of action.

From what I understand, anything is preferable to your current situation.
      Do something about it, either through meds or finding the courage to get all the necessary exams.

3. mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hunting with no ear safety
      I swear I'm the same position as u ...... I got my tinnitus and severe after shooting for some years with no ear safety it was not bad in the beginning I got pills steroids that help me but now it's a different story I never knew that tinnitus and hyperacusis can get that bad everyday is like a worst chaleging read my story

4. mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think u should do mri it is to loud but u heart there are silent ones

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Go to hospital now !!!
      There are a few options you could have as well as giving you something relax .
      You can even be put under for a MRI if need.
      Please don't suffer no more and go get help or ring them out to you in a ambulance ...
      Please put yourself first now and know they can help you and put in place a action plan for you on the next steps......
      Promise you will go.....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 3
    6. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I'd go. I'd also get some anti-depressants anti anxiety. I'm sorry you are suffering so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Suera. That's what we are here for, to help one another in these troubled times .

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. Willyt1392

Willyt1392 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I second the recommendation for anxiety/depression meds. They made a huge difference for me, and they enabled me to live my life. Your life is worth living and you are more than just your T and H!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I dont have anxiety or depression.. Ive had it for 3 years and have gotten 3 prrmanent spikes the first two years and this year is just a nightmare on how many i get its not normal ..My case is very unusual sounds just trigger these bad episodes and its been getting very bad my T just evolves and gets highr in volume ans tones... Even double protetion doesnt help me it still reacts it... Believe when i say there is no stop in how loud in can get its very eye opening .. Can we call a hospital and ask about their mri's ?? I swear i need something to stop this worsening and just stay still

• Hug Hug x 3
    10. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      There are newer MRI machines now which are much quieter and less invasive than before. I get regular MRI's (for another condition) and I also have mild H. MRI's can be 110db+ so I used to always wear plugs before these new ones came out. Check out this video that compares sound levels from older machines to new:
      GE Healthcare's Silent Scan Technology...

There might be a medical reason for your T. I think you should try at least get an MRI to rule out anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I got my t from noise exposure/stress 3 years ago.. But this year it just started going awol on me and is just worsening at a rapid pace new tones and volume increases very often from reactiveness..

• Hug Hug x 2
    12. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hey Geo, I hear you! I think mine was a combination of the same. Plus years of DJ'ing, concerts, working on loud movie sets and my reckless nature caused mine. My T is loud. Mine has also gotten louder this year or seems like it lately.

I changed my diet recently to low carb/keto and started lifting weights again. I think that had something to do with it - messing with my body and head! Overall, I feel more alert and energetic but the T is definitely louder. I do meditate and try not to deviate from my active lifestyle. We need a sense of normalcy in life even with T. Restoring even some of that balance can make a big difference in one's overall well being.

It is challenging to do and definitely not always easy. I get annoyed by my T and H, but still try to push through it and carry on with life. There are too many things I need to do, places I need experience and people I need to have a beer with.

• Like x 6
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    13. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Sounds awful. I get RT when I go into a setback. It's horrible however it always goes down..My T has also worsened steadily now. I also had bad H that now comes and goes. I don't know what to say...if you do nothing...what is your life? if you do something. .possibly same outcome? or better. I take medication. .I need it and I think you could benefit from an anti anxiety in the very least. So sorry..this condition is awful..

14. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Geo
      It's a living hell for sure but we are all still pushing forward, somehow:(
      Thinking of you!

15. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I'd go. If ut's so bad already, you think it can get even worse ? Anyway, staying at home the whole life is hardly an option. By going to hospital you may gain sth, an improvement..take maximum ear protection possible, pop a load of NAC before and after...make sure they put you in the quitest machine possible ..I don't see what else couldbe done till the miracle pill appears...

16. mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You sypuld do a qEeg in a hospital with a nuerologist or better a private clinic cause it's more quite @Geo

17. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Have you tried flexeril? I forgot about how much it helps my H and RT, ear pain symptoms. ..It not, give it a try..and yes a qeeg for sure.

18. svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones maybe?not sure really.
      Don't think that way, we are here for you, all of us, go to the hospital

19. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I can believe this, my T is up up up for the last two years. My worst increases were in the first couple of months but still kept climbing slowly and steadily for the last couple of years. I'm not sure where it stops, or if I have hit the max. For me it's the quality of the noise, not the volume. I have some really really loud white noise static that is ok, no big deal, but I also have a horrendous pitch that kills me.

I have bad H as well, I'm sure you remember my posts. I would not take ADs or any drugs, Effexor made my T and H explode, it also turned me into a complete moron, absolutely no help at all.

What has helped me is getting out. My ears take painful hits everyday and are sore but at least I'm not stuck in the house 24 7, you can't live like that, I tried for over a year. I would rather die then spend my life hiding.

Your ears/brain need noise, go expose yourself to mild noise with ear plugs in, you will be fine. Get back to lifting (I think you said in the past you lifted). If you don't get out, you will loose your mind, I was very close.

I'm out doing things lately, my H has improved marginally recently but the flick of a light switch, or the click of a door still makes my ears go into painful spasms, it might just be something we have to live with man. You can not stay in the house, it's impossible, get out there or you will loose it dude.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    20. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Geo,
      How are you doing today ?....lots of love glynis

21. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Geo my man, never give up. Hold on, I am sure there will be a cure to this in the next 5 years.

22. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T

Exactly the same here, but you know that Geo. Wish there was some good advice. But I really tried everything.

Gaby Olthuis´ Interview looks like a walk in the park compared to my always worsening T. Im way beyond saving. If you have hearing loss + extremest T, you´re simply f*cked. I have about 10 sounds now in music volume + H + vibrating head.
      2 Months of trobalt for nothing.

see my rTMS post here
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...atments-rtms-tdcs-tacs.326/page-3#post-142619

I see @ninju has left the board. I hope (s)hes in a good or better place.

23. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      What do you mean she's gone????
      I've been thinking of her:(

24. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      She deleted her account and she made it pretty clear to me she has 0 interest in staying alive with the severity of our condition. I dont know if she is alive though.

25. There could be more than one reason for deleting an account, must admit that i have been tempted myself. Support in here is great but you come to a point were you get fed up with the T-world and just want to get on with life even with blazing T. The two sides of the sword is that you made friends here that you don´t want to leave, but on the other hand if you are dwelling over your T the worst thing to do is hanging out with other people dwelling over their T.

Just my cents

• Agree Agree x 3
    26. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Geo Geo, that's impossible. You simply can't be free of anxiety or depression while being so sick, being afraid to go out, staying in the house all day, not knowing what to do. You are just in denial, or you forgot your former self.

Go out with noise filters that reduce the level of dB should you encounter a very loud noise, but do go out! It's very important!! Not only for the noise, for everything. The outside world will remind you how you were before you got sick, that noise of the outside world will be a good masker. You need everything that is outside, from the fresh air to seeing people, to looking at the sky, to...everything (except a loud noise that you will be protected from with the noise filters, don't let that danger isolate you completely)
      As you know, being exposed to noises helps in overcoming H.
      I was where you are now.
      Afraid to go out, with H and T through the roof.
      You are scared and that unconsciously makes us stay home, as home is perceived as the place where we are safe, the place that will protect us.
      This is the opposite of the truth right now.
      Please visit the thread
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/how-many-horror-stories-is-it-going-to-take.11558

and look at what @Carlos1 just said.
      The only thing he will not do is to stay home and listen to his T taking away the little sanity he has left. Brilliant! So correct.

I must tell you something I noticed at myself: the more I stay in the house, the worse I get. I don't think it's a coincidence every time, no correlation there whatsoever.
      I don't know exactly how the outside world influences our neurotransmitters, BUT IT DOES. IN A GOOD WAY.
      I think that going out as much as possible will improve the chemistry of your brain which is out of whack right now.
      And staying home all day is a recipe for disaster. For all people, even healthy ones, let alone for sick people.

@snow86 So sorry to hear that you are doing so badly, I had no idea.

@snow86 and @valeri

NiNyu is a boy. Somebody spread this idea that NiNyu is a girl because of the photoshopped photo that may be ambiguous, but NiNyu is a 100% boy.
      From the last message I got from him I learned that he promised a friend of his to stay alive at least until December, according to the idea that within 12 months improvement is in the realm of possibility. So he is definitely (still) alive. He just withdrew from TT. He told me once that he will announce me before he will do it, but I categorically refused, as his quitting, I told him, would represent, for me, my personal failure. Did my best to support him, but I wasn't very successful, it seems. Now I regret that I refused his promise to announce me before, cause if I don't hear from him ever again I will wonder for the rest of my life, which really really sucks. Didn't think about that when he promised to let me know and I refused.

If somebody has his e-mail, please send it to me via PM.
      He is one of the cases that quit visiting TT that @Zimichael was talking about, for the reasons @Zimichael was talking about. TT definitely has room for improvement, and it's only our fault that TT is not more than what it is, and the severe cases are quitting.

Check TT and give reports about you, @Geo, cause we will will stay with you through thick and thin, but spend time outside as much as you can. And go to the hospital too. Not only for tests, but for a short course of meds that will help you fall asleep and wake up in a different mood (mode).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    27. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      She was quite a prolific poster but has not posted since August 2015. Wonder if anyone (or mods?) can try emailing @NiNyu even just for a reply for us to know that she/he has moved on from TT but not from this world? That way she/he will know that people are caring for her....

28. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
    29. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @valeri
      Thank you too for having NiNyu in your mind. You have a great mind and a place in your mind is....something.
      I wished that the reason for quitting TT was the one that Nick the Swede was talking about, but I know for a fact that this is not the case this time, although I completely agree with his reasoning.

30. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @amandine
      What a GREAT IDEA, AMANDINE
      Just one thing the author of the e-mail has to bear in mind: that NINYU is a boy, so he should not talk to him as if he is a girl.

After reading this post of NiNyu for this girl, Fiore, who also left TT, does anybody still have a doubt that NiNyu is a boy? And a fine kind of a boy, too?