Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      Well we will be made I am guessing to pay for every dose in Australia as I am certain it will be set up like every other drug delivered over multiple doses. For example the hepatitis drug is a multi dose treatment that is the same cost each course and you need to take all courses to deliver immunity. It is intelligent from a business perspective as more doses means more $ but basically that will also mean that someone who requires one jab isn't forced to pay the same as a boy like me who needs four and again will favourably encourage more people to take up the treatment.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AtlasFainted

AtlasFainted Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure + Viral Infection
      Individuals in the FDA probably are interested in getting it approved. I'm just saying there's a big difference between

- A biotech (Frequency) that has to work to survive, has competition, has accountability to shareholders, and a vested interest in FX-322.

- A government agency (FDA) that is tax funded, has no competition (monopoly), no shareholders to answer to, and is primarily interested in covering their asses.

I'm sure there are good people in the FDA, and the FDA in its own way is held accountable... through bureaucratic processes such as reviews and annual budgets.

However there's a lot of room for things to get shifted around there, it's not as clear cut as what keeps businesses like Frequency accountable.

I strongly believe that the reform that the FDA has recently expressed interest in would have had happened decades ago if they had anything remotely resembling competition.

All new drugs & treatments take years & years to come out because of federal FDA policies, after countless lives that could have been saved are ruined or lost.

Right to try is a step in the right direction, but nowhere near enough in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 5
    3. d'Wooluf

d'Wooluf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You can be sure that the ENT will charge you fees for each injection. What Frequency Therapeutics will charge is anybody's guess. The capacity of the ENT's to do the injections will determine supply. If demand far exceeds supply it makes sense from a purely business point of view to charge for each injection.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Aren’t they checking for tinnitus in phase 2a? If so, maybe it’ll be approved also for tinnitus.

Side note: I feel mean for saying this but I can’t wait for audiologists to all go out of business xD

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
    5. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Yes well it was bound to happen. I just hope more audiologists are wanting regenerating hearing medicine to come out than those who are bitching about losing profits since hearing aids will become obsolete.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      It’s honestly barely even a real profession. They don’t know shit about hyperacusis or tinnitus and give actively dangerous advice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    7. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Once hearing regeneration medicine comes out Audiologists and ENTs better be more informed about tinnitus and hyperacusis.

8. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I meant they’ll kind of have to be, I’m sure it’ll be front page news when tinnitus is cured. Like right now we are the only ones that follow this but I’m sure when this trial is done and they announce the results that they just cured fucking hearing loss and tinnitus, one of the greatest medical breakthroughs in history, I’m sure it’ll be all over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      Audiologists and the hearing aid companies will bitch like the taxi companies did here when Uber made them almost obsolete. I am almost certain they will try to disrupt and delay this as much as they can.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I’m sure they will but ultimately they don’t have a lobby and I’m sure the government can’t wait for this to come out with all the hearing damage sustained in the military and all the people on disability as a result.

• Agree Agree x 4
    11. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hey guys, so I’m reading that FX-322 didn't improve audiogram results. Is this true and if so, how can it be a cure for hearing loss?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dunno. Started after blocked ears + stres/anxiety.
      I doubt they would have much to stand on, honestly. This would be a major medical breakthrough.

Like @Born To Slay says, everyone would be dying for this to come out because in the long run it will save any government a lot of money otherwise spent on this specific care.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. xyz

xyz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 mild T 2019 T worsening H onset
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown / probably noise induced
      I don't think Frequency has a lot of competition. It would be better if there were more labs working on this inner ear regeneration thing. Otonomy has something in preclinical phase for hair cell regeneration. Audion, we really don't know what they are actually doing. I have a feeling Frequency could start playing PlayStation for the next 3+ years and would still be ahead in this business.

14. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      They improved at 8kHz. Since they are testing extended frequencies in this trial, they should see improvements up to the tested UHF frequencies.

15. Lola808
      Amazed

Lola808 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss wearing headphones to bed
      Is there any way to convince Frequency Therapeutics to test for hyperacusis in their next trial? I know tinnitus is on the rating list to see how it's affected. I would like to know more about hyperacusis too. As many/many of us have both.

Can we write them or petition? Just thinking out loud.

• Like Like x 7
    16. serendipity1996

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but suspect noise-induced
      I wonder if Hyperacusis Research would know anything about this and whether they're aware of any clinical trials that will also be taking hyperacusis into account.

17. Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Ah okay, awesome. I was pretty depressed for a second there lol. Thanks for answering shit for me btw, I’m kinda late to the party here because I didn’t think that I had hearing loss so I didn’t think it’d help but it turns out I do.

• Like Like x 1
    18. AtlasFainted

Tinnitus Since:
      12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 years of profits is a massive amount of money, I doubt they'd leave that on the table.

Frequency does have competition, there are other biotech labs that aren't far behind.

Even things like hearing aids (we use these to speculate on what the cost of FX-322 will be) and upcoming synaptopathy drugs will be cutting into their market.

They have every reason to get their product out quickly, and continue to improve it in order to stay ahead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      Not at al. I am almost certain that there will still be whinging which will happen essentially anytime an actual change in a business happens. Hell this won't be any different but basically it is still going to happen. I will just really roll my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. serendipity1996

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but suspect noise-induced
      Hope you don't mind me double-quoting you but I was reading about a proposed bill in the US, the Promising Pathways Act which aims to accelerate drug approval and to enable pharmaceutical companies to petition the FDA for provisional approval if the drug has proven safety in early-stage clinical trials. It's an initiative that has evolved as a response to ALS advocacy groups but this legislation is targeted at terminal and critical conditions and those that are severely debilitating. This feels encouraging to me - we all know how severely tinnitus and hyperacusis can impact quality of life at their worst and even hearing-loss in itself is a risk factor for cognitive decline and dementia.

https://www.braun.senate.gov/senato...way-act-patients-serious-and-life-threatening

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      If they do test for hyperacusis they have to be more specific. They need to test patients with both pain and loudness hyperacusis.

I still believe that FX-322 can do the same thing as what Audion did to improve the musician's hyperacusis. I still have no clue which hyperacusis he had though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dunno. Started after blocked ears + stres/anxiety.
      The majority with tinnitus probably has HF hearing loss (considering so many have clean hearing tests) or hearing loss at frequencies not even tested in extended audiograms. I do have hopes for this medication.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. patorjk

patorjk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      Looking at the charts in eTrade, it looks someone (or some company) made a trade of 139.5k shares after hours, and there have been a number of big trades this week. In fact, it looks like this week represents the biggest week as far as trade volume is concerned. Anyone have any insight into what is going on? Maybe hedge funds are buying shares?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      I think the outcomes of the two hearing assessments; The Hearing Handicap Inventory for Adults and Hearing Screening Inventory will give us an indication if hyperacusis symptoms improved. Many of the questions directly relate to the experiences/lifestyle changes people with hyperacusis experience.

Otherwise, they're doing the Loudness Discomfort Level... I'm not sure they'll want to test LDLs in patients with fresh new hair cells... or maybe they would?

• Like Like x 1
    25. AtlasFainted

Tinnitus Since:
      12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really exciting. This is what we need to see more of.

• Like Like x 2
    26. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      I don’t think they necessarily have to do a loudness discomfort test. The patient should know if they feel like their hyperacusis is improving then you know the treatment works. What we don’t know is how many doses we need until the hyperacusis goes away and which type of hyperacusis does it treat. I hope it helps with pain hyperacusis.

They should only do a LDL test if a patient has basically no sensitivity at all and can go on and do their daily thing without having to worry about everyday sounds unless it’s too loud.

Another way they could test for hyperacusis is asking the patient which everyday sounds they can handle and which everyday sounds they can’t handle so the patient is not subjected to a LDL test which could make them worse.

27. Emgee

Emgee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Modern Society = Too Loud
      For ototoxic cases: does anyone know of any research pertaining to the vestibulo-cochlear nerve linking the inner ear to the brain? If FX-322 regenerates hair cells, how would the vestibulo-cochlear nerve be repaired?

B37A56CA-EDAE-464C-860A-41DC6F6852B0.jpeg

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    28. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      It is incredibly probable that firms from the outside are seeing some super beneficial promise in FX-322 and are actually increasingly confident it will work. It will be a safe investment if it does due to the fact it will be a premium pharmacy product and actually will work out to be a very clever investment. Australia company Cochlear was the same so shares set out at $3 and is now netting $190. Very very similar situations by the look of both.

• Like Like x 2
    29. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Often this is referring to synaptic nerve damage (aka hiding hearing loss). I'm not aware of any ototoxin that directly affects the nerve.

• Informative Informative x 1
    30. Emgee

Emgee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Modern Society = Too Loud
      I hope both Frequency and Otonomy turn out to be successful because I don’t know what kind of damage I have.

• Agree Agree x 3