I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      How did you do it? I thought Facebook was one of the easiest places to generate publicity?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I went on worldwide podcasts and offered help to them. It was very successful, no intimidation, no mob rules mentality, none of the things that occur here and other tinnitus groups.

went to ent  t gone.png

3. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      If you go through the whole thread you will see they already said it helped them and made a difference, why should they keep on telling this. It's one of the reasons I tried it.

On the other hand, if it got worse or didn't help we would already have "this made me worse or didn't help at all".

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      There were some people here that updated their progress day by day. They suddenly stopped doing that. You think it's because they got a lot better? I doubt it very much... A difference, yes a little difference. Yours came back so I don't know what to think.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Many were intimidated, read the posts. So many naysayers calling me wacko, calling me a scammer etc. This one says she was hesitant to even mention she was getting good results.

Screenshot_2019-03-13 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(1).png

6. LeonO

LeonO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly Propofil
      I couldn't listen to it for more than a few seconds. I don't know how anyone could fall asleep listening to it for 3 weeks. Something just isn't right here, sorry Dave, but I cannot imagine listening to it for 10 seconds let alone all night for three weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Many say that but it changes as the brain heals, here is the typical response:

brians fr t gone 3.png
      brians fr t gone 4.png
      brians fr t gone 5.png
      brians friend t gone 6.png

8. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      No one ever said it would be a sweet ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just as medicine does not taste good, or a shot does not feel good so goes Tinnitus Mix, it does not sound good at first but changes into something different. Soothing sounds is what most describe them after a few days. We are getting more people getting good results, this is from Monday and he is not even following instructions.

10. Cojackb
      Fine

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well reading this thread has been a real roller-coaster!

Initially I had the opinion, this is just another money making exercise by somebody claiming to have "found the cure for tinnitus"...you know the whole notion "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". However, David Case I must hand it to you, you've stuck to your guns and over the last couple of months, you've acknowledged and responded to every comment and ultimately faced the witch hunt head on.

In my opinion that shows you truly stand behind what you're offering here and genuinely have faith in its success. That deserves credit!

My personal concern here is that it seems to go against what so many other tinnitus articles explain regarding the use of head phones and exposing yourself to noise frequencies that could be quite damaging. Understand, this concern comes from somebody with very little understanding of sound engineering and the science / impact involved - an average joe, if you will.

I think I can very easily say my tinnitus is not nearly as severe as a large proportion of the people in this community but it is enough to cause me discomfort and be a distraction. I'm strongly considering trying this, it's free, there seems to be a generally positive trend in feedback but at the back of my mind I'd also hate the aggravate my tinnitus further.

Out of interest, I own an expensive pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 over ear head phones. Here's the specifications https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-1000xm3/specifications - do you think these would be suitable or would it just make more sense to purchase the headphones you've recommended?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. nuno1976
      Jaded

nuno1976 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Sorry David, but why those high frequency are so important?

Looking at my High Frequency audiogram, my hearing capacity is close to 0 above 18kHz.

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      24kHz is technically ultrasound. It's the low end, but it is.

There was some research into using ultrasound and bone conducting headphones to try to suppress tinnitus; the person who had the idea and tried to market it died a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      After eliminating my tinnitus and 446 others tinnitus I have got feedback from many people saying which part of the sounds work best for them and I was able to improve Tinnitus Mix 17 times in 18 years. Cutting out the parts that did not work as well and amplifying the parts that work best. I have found the higher frequencies of Tinnitus Mix are what interferes with the loop in the structure of tinnitus. But there is more than that, I do not believe it has to do with your hearing range, in other words I believe the tinnitus is operating mainly above everyone's hearing range as a separate entity or structure not dependent on the person's hearing range. So the brain and/or ears do not have to process the ultrasonics for Tinnitus Mix to work, it goes deeper than that penetrating the abnormal loop formed by tinnitus breaking this loop is the key. The mind and subconscious can perceive ultrasonics by the way. Here are a couple screenshots of what I am saying.

subcon hears.png
      52720412_2070211023100457_5112668041968091136_n.jpg
      Screenshot_2019-03-07 R David Case Anti-Tinnitus Sound System Group.png
      tinnitus has loop.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well thanks for the kind words, I think those headphones should work since they go to 40 kHz, I have helped many destitute people and they did not have $350 for headphones so I tested the Koss KTX-PRO1 mainly because they go to 24 kHz and are just $19, many of the people I have helped lost everything because of tinnitus so I had to find the cheapest way to help them, turns out the Koss works better than many expensive headphones.

great disconection.png

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes I think that is the answer. By the way a neuroscientist in Canada says his research facility has been hit with sudden onset tinnitus (the scientist themselves!!) and asked me to rush some CDs to him, he plans to test Tinnitus Mix on brain waves, this could prove everything I am saying with scientific evidence!! Here is the latest email from him. Very exciting.

Screenshot_2019-04-02 (8) Inbox kefpembp protonmail com ProtonMail.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    16. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Do you have a link/reference to that that I could peruse? I'd like to learn more about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Since the signal is limited to 22.05 kHz as upper limit, I doubt that the ability to reproduce 24 kHz sounds brings much to the table.

Had the mix been generated with a 48 kHz sampling rate, it would open the door to a bunch of hypotheses around the high frequency impact (22-24 kHz).

18. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As best as I can tell: the research was done by Martin Lenhardt who published several papers looking at the effects of ultrasonic bone conduction:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18229784
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16639909
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15732508
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14763228

I had this email exchange with him in 2014:

This was followed by some attempts on my part to get in touch, which were never replied to, and then it looks like he had passed away by the end of the following year. So, I think I got in touch with him right as his health was spiraling, and he just never had time to connect.

So -- the commercial version of this, called the "UltraQuiet", was briefly marketed, and is no longer. I was not able to find out how that played out and why it is. I looked at his work and looked at what would be involved in trying to rig together essentially the same thing. I messed around with some commercially available bone-conduction headphones but was not confident the had transducers in the ultrasonic range. I bought a couple ultrasonic piezo transducers at one point at radio shack, but never went any further than that.

• Informative Informative x 2
    19. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Informative Informative x 1
    20. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Indeed. Also no placebo, control, etc...
      Still, interesting nonetheless.

I'm surprised at some residual inhibition data: 4 weeks for one of the patients! That chart goes against what the prose expresses: "Typically, RI lasts for only a few seconds or minutes but occasionally can persist substantially longer." - the chart shows a large majority of patients have a RI of half a week or more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well the higher the frequencies the better it works what I am finding, that will be something to do as an improvement but it would take more expensive equipment on the player end also, I was trying to do it low cost but get highest possible frequency response, people with phones, tablets etc would have to switch to independent player that goes higher.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, some say their tinnitus never comes back, some say it comes back a few weeks later like mine. It has changed my life drastically and many others. That's why I called it a cure, because of the major difference in the quality of life and sleep. But technically I should say eliminates or reduces tinnitus.

update on brians friend.png

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It reminds me of the neuro-phone invented by a 15 year old kid in 1959, he claimed the device would use bone conduction to make the deaf hear, the patent office said if you can make one of our deaf workers hear we will give you your patent, he did and they gave him his patent. Days later the C.I.A. seized his patent.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      2 more people reporting success with Tinnitus Mix this morning in the test group!!!!

26. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Got a source for this I can read? The earliest bone conduction patent I see is from 1939 and I don't see any mention of the CIA...

27. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @R. David Case as I'm sure you know, unblinded anecdotal reports aren't much good for figuring out if something has a real effect or not. You should consider trying to to a double-blind RCT where you send some people the real sound and some people a fake/placebo mix, have them all listen for a month and report results (maybe just use a THI questionnaire for simplicity, done at the beginning, middle, end and post treatment).

All you need is like 40 volunteers, a fake set of placebo sounds, and some ability to set this up so you're blinded, everyone is blinded, and you can aggregate the data before unblinding and doing a stats analysis.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well I'm having so much success in stopping the torture in hundreds of people there is zero chance that all of these people are imagining they have no tinnitus. As she says and many others it's not their imagination.

Screenshot_2019-03-13 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(1).png

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just Google Dr Flanagan neurophone seized by C.I.A.

Screenshot_2019-04-05 Patrick Flanagan's Neurophone.png

30. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      well, the patent definitely exists, but I can't find anything in a document that sites sources which validates some of the more outlandish claims.

Much of what I find on google is complete conspiracy theory stuff about how HAARP is actually a mind control device, the navy is using ELFs to create false flag shooting events, and all that other Alex Jones loony tunes stuff. Any time a google search result includes hits about "gangstalking" and other obvious hallmarks of schizophrenia, my wackadoo radar goes off pretty hard.

As far as I can tell, the patent was applied for, was granted normally in 1968, and was then acquired by a medical devices company called Biolectron.... but not until 1984.