I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I wish you were right but in this world we live in many very brilliant people working for the government are trying to weaponize everything. No one builds a weapon and does not test it. I think many around the world are being used as guinea pigs to perfect military weapons.

Screenshot_2019-03-15 Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of U S Embassy Workers.png
      Screenshot_2019-03-15 Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of U S Embassy Workers(1).png

2. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      @R. David Case

You claim to have helped twenty people in the past two weeks.
      Seriously if you want to help people, ask them to join here.

Or, start a chat on Facebook.

Your letters from people that say they feel a little better after treatment are not proof of long term results.

A quick read through the vitamins section of this site shows how many people felt better and then are still here.

I implore you to check the saffron thread. That one caught real traction with successes that weren’t.

Of course! We want this to work.

We’re just a group that would shout from the rafters if we found a solution and are skeptics because literally nobody but you is.

There are claims that 5/6 people here feel better yet none of them are advocating this except one person that stopped, had his issues return, and for some reason hasn’t restarted “because he is traveling” - as if we don’t sleep also when we’re traveling.

3. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have your symptoms continued to subside?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Tinnitus Mix works and has given hundreds relief. You have the right to not believe me but all letters and info and posts are real and nothing is fake, all I can do is try to convince others to try it for possible reduction or elimination of their tinnitus. It is free. Never thought it would be so hard to help people stop the tinnitus torture.

saved life.png

5. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no doubt the posts are real. I can copy posts that a lot of things helped tinnitus in this forum though, and most of those same people are still here and suffering.

You understand this, right?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure but this is different. The largest tinnitus group on Facebook said the same exact thing, the moderator Brian Douglas said "If I could knock out tinnitus with a sound I would be a millionaire " - he said he did not believe it.

So I offered to send him just 3 CDs with Tinnitus Mix on them. He retracted his statements and apologized as it cured his best friend's tinnitus and several others were helped by the CDs. Several people on this thread contacted him and he has verified everything I said.

brian douglas testimony.png
      brian cures 6 year old.png
      brians fr t gone 3.png
      brians fr t gone 4.png
      brians fr t gone 5.png
      brians friend t gone 6.png
      6 year old t gone.png

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Read her first statement, she fears posting good results as it will get her ridiculed from the mob mentality by some people like you on this thread!!!

Screenshot_2019-03-13 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(1).png

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Keep doing the good work. There are those of us cheering you on. There are always the doubters and distractors. But I hope there is no attempt to put pressure on anyone who reports any positive result. It can intimidate people's participation on this well read thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Exactly!! I don't care if they abuse me but when they intimidate people from trying Tinnitus Mix they are causing those people to continue to suffer. You would think they would be happy for the hundreds around the world that have been helped.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abuse? That’s a strong word for asking questions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Many on here are very rude and have intimidated people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    12. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      5 out of 6 = 83'33%, which is not bad at all! On the other hand no-one has reported significant improvements yet...

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea every one is different and gets different results. I think it has to do with length of time they have had tinnitus, medications, device they play it on, etc. A neural scientist in Canada asked me to rush a few CDs to him, he will test them with equipment that analyzes brain waves. He said many people in his research facility are getting sudden onset of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    14. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      What you fail to address is...Follow up.
      One might think it's doing something at first and then find out it's not.

As far as I can tell most of the success you have posted is early stages and not from anyone that is cured a few months in. Which is in fact the same as a LOT of posts here where people claim success... in the first days. So, in essence, a false positive.

You have to consider this seeing that a for a lot of people their life depends on this working so the incentive for placebo is enormous. It's not only an issue of it being a "scam" or not.

I did this myself when I tried Saffron, I got my first silent day EVER after trying Saffron, of course I assumed it was the Saffron. After taking it for a while it did nothing. So there is that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I referenced that thread as well.

16. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Not only that... perhaps "months in" isn't enough, as the OP himself has been using it for a couple of decades.

I wonder if he's simply triggering "perpetual residual inhibition".

• Agree Agree x 2
    17. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      As I stated in previous posts, for me it definitely wasn't a placebo effect, in fact I barely slept the first days and was extremely anxious in the beginning about the headphone use and normally when I'm stressed my tinnitus goes through the roof. But it got less and less intrusive so I decided to keep on trying. I'm well aware of placebo effect but a placebo effect doesn't last for 3 or 4 weeks.

I used the Tinnitus Mix every night for two weeks and got benefits until around two weeks after using it. After that head tinnitus came back and the normal t went back to baseline.

If I have the time I will give it another try for 3 weeks instead of 2.
      It could be the residual inhibition other members referred to, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    18. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I will try David's Tinnitus Mix again. I did not give it a good trial yet. I tried a headband from Walgreen's, but my headphones still came off. I usually sleep on my side. I didn't try changing out speakers from the SleepPhones yet.

If a few of us here on this forum could try the soundmix for a few weeks we could evaluate it better. I'm willing to try anything for awhile. @RaZaH is right about placebo effect on noise. It seems gabapentin plus a Seagram's Escapes beverage made my noise go away recently for a day or two. Whatever works for some temporary relief.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Were you using it at night? Or during the day? I don't understand the "I don't have time" thing. I assume you're still sleeping.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I work night shifts that's why, so I need a vacation to be able to try it for a longer period.

21. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think it's required that you use it at night - just suggested with sleep.

If this truly helps you, I see no reason why you can't use this, unless of course you just don't sleep at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Not a lot actually no and I don't want to keep listening to sounds with headphones the rest of my life, considering all the uplifting stories about the use of headphones I read on this forum. I want to do the trial as recommended and I want to be able to do it for the full three weeks, that's why I might try it again one day when I am not working. If the tinnitus goes back to baseline after the three weeks I'm not going to continue listening because then it's clearly residual inhibition. I might just wait and try the Neuromod device first.

David explicitly asks to only use it when sleeping for three weeks without a break for the best results.

23. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hey @gorzakus, I've been appreciating your ongoing reports and comments. -- I'm really curious about your above comment on residual inhibition. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it sounds like it leads to a temporary improvement in tinnitus. If so, why would you not want to continue with that? -- Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    24. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Thanks @Lane well actually I also didn't know what it was until someone mentioned it here. It seems that if you listen to sounds with certain frequencies your tinnitus temporarily goes down lasting for seconds, minutes and sometimes days but it will always return. If this would be the case I would have to keep listening to headphones the rest of my life but I'm not looking forward to this because it's probably headphones that probably attributed to my tinnitus in the first place. If you search around this forum you see a lot of members advising against the use of headphones even at low volume.

• Like Like x 1
    25. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Is he going to keep contact with you regarding the results?

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Why did you start using Saffron, are there others having good results with Saffron? I can't see why Saffron would help you with ear/brain issues? What is its mechanism?

27. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      There was a whole thread about it. You can search for it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    28. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @gorzakus I can't remember how it came about but I was in Tenerife at the time, bought some Saffron at the market, made some Saffron tea and then got a silent day after drinking the tea. BUT...thinking about it I went for a mountain hike, maybe high altitude helped, I have no idea.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, he wants to help explain scientifically what makes Tinnitus Mix work.

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Have you started Tinnitus Mix yet?