I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      To be fair he has instructed that you have to use it for days, weeks, over night.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They are all waiting for their saviors, corporations and governments, to tell them it's okay and real.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      *Shrugs shoulders*. He made some snide assed remark so I Ignored him, end of story.

4. ringinghours

ringinghours Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I used it for hours and hours over the course of several months. If it works I would have noticed some effect by now. Just like all the other tinnitus sound therapies I tried, this one does nothing too. The only sound therapy I haven't tried yet is notch therapy which is more advanced because it is a custom therapy which removes the frequency of your tinnitus from the music tracks you listen to.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. ringinghours

ringinghours Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I want to ask you, why is your therapy more effective than other types of sound therapy such as notch therapy? What is so special about your therapy?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The chaotic multiple wave forms and pulses break the feed back loop with in the structure of tinnitus. Tinnitus is cycling with in multiple pathologies in ear/brain forming a loop. Think of a singer on stage and when he gets the mic to close to speaker a loud squeal occurs , if he introduces sound in to the mike the squeal stops.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes and everyone is different, I have had some take 2 months, some get results in 2 days.

8. ringinghours

ringinghours Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      And what scientific evidence do you have that the chaotic multiple wave forms and pulses break the feedback loop in the structure of tinnitus. Why is your therapy different than other types of sound therapy that are available?

So what if it works for some people. That could be because sound that covers up tinnitus when used long enough can improve the severity of tinnitus in some cases. The idea is that when the therapy is on the brain does not hear the tinnitus so when a masking sound is used long enough the brain sometimes learns to ignore the tinnitus. I would think that the best form of sound therapy is one that is customized to the individual so that it is uniquely able to cover up a persons tinnitus. This is the idea behind notch therapy, notch therapy is a customized sound track tailored according to the frequency of a person's tinnitus.

9. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      "So what if it works for some people." Hm, if it works it works, it has for me and that is a good thing, at least for me. Too bad it didn't work for you, but is there really any need to make a crass statement about it?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
      • Genius Genius x 1
    10. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      It definitely helped with mine.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Good to hear! I had a bit of a setback, I have ETD and guess what, now I have another head cold. *sigh*. Still, it isn't that bad. Listened to the file twice today and it helped.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I had to take a month or two break because of an unrelated spike. I'm anxious to get back to it.

13. ringinghours

ringinghours Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm not making any crass statements. If you'd have read my posts you'd see I am only questioning the engineer in a critical way.

14. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      "So what...", yup, it is crass... To put it bluntly it sounds like you are pissed that it works for some of us and not you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Maple

Maple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      He doesn't 'sell' them. He gives them away for $15. They are not worth 15 cents.

16. Maple

Maple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      I'm going to pass on the CD. But I'll give you $15 for the truck if you take those huge pizza boxes off of it.

17. Maple

Maple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Where did you study engineering? (I think you mean 'output', not 'out put').

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have eliminated or reduced tinnitus in 500 people so you don't know what you're talking about.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well I don't have to by gas, I guess you're still in the stone age. You're just jealous you were not on the front page.

solar truck news 001.jpg

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well it just so happens a neurological researcher in Canada has run Tinnitus Mix through their analyzer and they found it has BROWNIAN characteristics that have to do with its randomness. The device I built was an oscillator that has never existed before and was a hybrid thermal receiver or transducer / oscillator.

Screenshot_2019-04-21 Brownian noise - Wikipedia.png

• Like Like x 1
    21. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I do believe that this works for some people. As I was improving, my ability to residually inhibit my tinnitus greatly improved. I think that people with less damage to their inner ears can respond to residual inhibition better than others with more damage.

I think it is certainly worth a try.

The user @gorzakus has claimed it helps and unless that person is actually an alt account of Mr. Case then I have no reason to doubt his story. Also, why would Mr. Case be so adamant about this and give it away for free and create a bunch of phony testimonials?

It very well could be the case that his brownian noise is the most superior sound therapy, maybe even better than Neuromod and what Susan Shore is doing.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    22. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I would try Mr. Case's Tinnitus Mix again if it had a chance of suppressing my tinnitus. I had misplaced my iPod Classic and now found it. The biggest issue was keeping the headphones on while you are sleeping. I have some nasty static atm.

• Like Like x 1
    23. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I ran the mix through Audacity's spectral analyzer. This is what it looks like (there are 4 spectra because there are 4 main parts to the file with different characteristics each).

Mix_Part_1.png
      Mix_Part_2.png
      Mix_Part_3.png
      Mix_Part_4.png

Audacity also has the ability to create Brownian noise. It's in the Generate menu, under Noise -> select Brownian. You can plot the spectrum on what's generated and you'll see it matches what the Wikipedia page shows. This is what it looks like:

Brownian_Spectral_Distribution.png

They do not look similar at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
    24. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Haha, I can assure you I'm not Mr Case, by the way I'm not the only one on here for who it has helped.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      How is your tinnitus these days? Did you try the treatment again?

26. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I wrote a long post about my opinion, I deleted it.
      Suffice it to say that I am getting annoyed by this relentless pseudoscience.

@gorzakus who else has it helped?

27. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In other words it didn't help knock out your tinnitus? I haven't used it enough to comment yes or no.

28. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Neither do I, since I just bought a Hyundai Kona Electric, which has a lot more creature comforts and safety features than your science project. (Looks like if you hit something that useless solar panel on the hood would come right through your windshield and slice you in half like Snoke in Last Jedi) Not that this has anything at all to do with tinnitus.

29. ringinghours

ringinghours Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Mr. Case what recommendation do you have to help tinnitus for those whose tinnitus is not able to be improved by your sound therapy? I am really frustrated with my tinnitus. I wish there was a drug available that helps tinnitus.

30. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did you try David's Tinnitus Mix yourself? If you did, did it help knock your noise out?

I have a nasty static type noise in my ears/head that is very annoying.