I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's great. We could be on the verge of helping millions of people suffering with tinnitus and other conditions.

better sleep increased cognitive.png

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Wow, such an intelligent argument... YEA NO... That's all you got. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi David,

The document you have uploaded is by a scientist? It doesn’t look like a scientific report, but rather a copy and paste from different sources from the Web.

Can you clarify please?
      What exactly was found or investigated?

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Pitseleh

Pitseleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well it's about as much as you've got: nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Please give us more than one liners. What is your view on neuroplasticity?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It is very specific, the sounds of tinnitus mix are forming new sound harmonics in the 2.8 mhz range , this range is know to have healing effects on the brain. He is not English and is not proficient in the English language. Look him up though , he has many technical papers on neuro science

Screenshot_2021-02-05 Dr Dineshen Chuckravanen(1).png Screenshot_2021-02-05 Dr Dineshen Chuckravanen.png

7. Pitseleh

Pitseleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Please don't say "us" as if you were supported by most members here. You're not.

Most of long time members here have left your thread because they know you're on to nothing.
      The most simple web search about you proves you're full of conspiracy ideals that are plain surreal.

I've got nothing against you in particular, I just hate when people say things like "use earbuds" to people that suffer from tinnitus. It's dangerous and shows you have no idea what your are talking about.

As to what I know about neuroplasticity, well I work as a hypnologist, so thanks, but I've studied neurosciences and how the brain works. Guess what: the only thing I'm sure of is that we know close to nothing when it comes to how any stimulus can deeply impact tinnitus.

So please, don't try and use big words like "neuroplasticity" while even serious researchers can't even affirm anything about it.

I'm leaving this thread now, I said what I had to say.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sorry you feel that way, good luck with that closed mindedness you have formed around you. You are the type of person that scares members on Tinnitus Talk:

from t talk t gone best.png

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Pitseleh

Pitseleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I prefer being that person than the one that gives dangerous advice that may put others in a worse situation.

• Like Like x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think the 2.8 MHz should be modulated like Tinnitus Mix is and not just raw, but let's see if you get results.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The combination of waves are forming harmonics in the 2.8 MHz range. Here is the results of his test of Tinnitus Mix playing on Koss headphones:

sounds graph dave case sounds.png

12. sonicfckery

sonicfckery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006-2008 sometime
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Making music, possibly Minoxidil.
      I'm going to give it a shot once I receive the headphones. I got my tinnitus around 13-15 years ago from doing music with headphones, ear fatigue I would say is the reason... I remember how tired my ears felt afterwards and then I noticed an "iiiiiiiii", I was sure it was something in my apartment, but I quickly noticed it followed me anywhere.

So the volume should be lower than the tinnitus itself? I'm a bit hesitant because ear fatigue was the reason I got tinnitus in the first place (not LOUD music)... so yes obviously I used normal listening volume when I got it, not hardly audible which this will be...

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. SibilantRange

SibilantRange Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis on/off
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma
      I'm curious about this. What does it hurt to try? Low volumes. I have mild loudness hyperacusis, especially in the right ear.

Sensitivity to dishes, keys, coins and slaps etc.

Has anyone other than OP found relief through this, members of this group?

I need this for hyperacusis... How do I get started? I don't have tinnitus, maybe super little... Not enough to matter.

• Like Like x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes you should play Tinnitus Mix lower than your tinnitus, this is not a masker. It has helped many band members stop sound induced tinnitus.

musician cured 1.png

musicial cured 2.png

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure, glad to help, many have got relief from hyperacusis by using Tinnitus Mix.

The directions are different than for tinnitus. For hyperacusis get the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones and keep them 4 inches away from ears, not on ears. Play on low for 5 minutes first day, 10 minutes second day, etc until you work your way up to several hours or until the hyperacusis is gone.

hyperacusis gone 2.png

hyperacusis gone 3.png

• Like Like x 1
    16. sonicfckery

sonicfckery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006-2008 sometime
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've tried Tinnitus Mix for 2 nights, 1 hour the first night, around 2.5 hour this night... couldn't sleep with the headphones on, uncomfortable since I can only sleep on the side and they press against my ear. I will try again though.

Anyways, it's certainly a bit interesting. The day after the first 1 hour test (+ perhaps 1 hour in the day); the tinnitus got more lively, not louder, just more activity. At one time my tinnitus even sounded like a certain part from the Tinnitus Mix, which was very odd, kind of an up/down scraping, never had that before. Overall the tinnitus was less of a constant tone and more varied and lively. Can't say I particularly liked that, not an improvement.

Today, after the second try of around 2 hours... no change in the morning, the usual constant tone was back. But now a few hours later its lower than it has been for a very long time. How I "test" my tinnitus is to watch something on YouTube - is the tinnitus in the foreground or is it more in the background? It's more in the background currently, more easy to forget that its there.

Everything here could be coincidence, absolutely. I've had peaks and lows since I got it so... The reason I googled and found this site and thread is because I've peaked a lot in the recent 3 months, it's been in the foreground for a long time which has really lowered my mood.

I'm certainly going to continue, hopefully being able to sleep with headphones on.

• Informative Informative x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The solution is to cut hole in cheap foam pillow, the earpiece fits right in hole and you won't even know you have headphones on, and make sure you use the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones or it won't work.

Screenshot_2020-12-17 DMI® Inflatable Ring Donut Seat Cushion, 16 Diameter, Blue.png

18. sonicfckery

sonicfckery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2006-2008 sometime
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, it could work if it wasn't for me being super picky with my pillow haha... Sleep is so personal unfortunately, everyone is different I reckon, but I'm perhaps very picky with my sleep position and pillow. I'll keep trying though.

• Like Like x 1
    19. hope_for_cure

hope_for_cure Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Induced Injury
      Hello Mr Case. I've had noise induced tinnitus (from a very sharp noise on regular headphones) for about 6 months now. Think it's permanent at this stage. It's mostly either moderately noticeable crickets or a low volume piercing sound. Usually worst when I wake up. Think I can still hear pretty well and wonder when that will get worse (as though I've accelerated the process). There have been some rare times when I could hear total silence, but very rare.

I've noticed that running tap water and showers will generally exacerbate my tinnitus, which is usually in the 13000 Hz + range. So I put on noise cancelling headphones when near tap water, and I'm thinking of ear plugs for showers. Really cumbersome. Supplements didn't really do any magic.

This particular mix seems to reduce my tinnitus by masking it:

MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

And this ACRN generator seems to help too:

https://generalfuzz.net/acrn/

I was thinking of getting "1MORE Quad Driver in-Ear Earphones Hi-Res High Fidelity Headphones" and trying your mix through them on repeat mode through the night.

I wish I had better solutions... ongoing talk about stem cell therapies, electrical shocks to a tongue, electromagnetic therapies. Who knows? Maybe a cure of some kind in another century. Don't want to ever wear hearing aids/implants, but I guess that'll be my destiny in a few decades.

Ideas? I'm SOL... I can't understand why headphones don't have noise protection by default and have trouble finding inline filter adapters for them that would prevent loud spikes.

20. Riggs

Riggs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Operation
      I am amazed the generator does help, the higher tones go away for a minute after turning this on for a few minutes. I might try it during night!

21. Jcmc

Jcmc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Loud Headphones!
    22. Nyokx

Nyokx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello @R. David Case, I want to ship the Koss KTX-PRO1 from Amazon to Tanzania, but it's way too far and it can take months to deliver.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No. I invented Tinnitus Mix 20 years ago and have had no tinnitus for 20 years.

I play it every night because of the other benefits such as deeper sleep and increased cognitive ability. Many others report the same thing.

better sleep increased cognitive.png

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      These also work with Tinnitus Mix. Many people said they can't sleep with headphones so we have been testing many earbuds trying to find ones that will pass ultra high frequencies.

Screenshot_2021-01-22 (1) Anti-Tinnitus Sound Therapy System Facebook.png

Or try to get headphones or speakers that go to 25 kHz of higher.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It sounds like you may have reactive tinnitus. If you try Tinnitus Mix with that condition, you should not use headphones but use high quality speakers about 10 ft from your bed and play all night on low for a few weeks. Here are some that go to 40 kHz and will pass the ultrasonics in Tinnitus Mix.

40khz speakers.png

26. dbeats

dbeats Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Interesting thread, from the few responses I have read, I think you need to do more research on how sampling works. The sampling rate of this file is 44.1 kHz, meaning that the highest frequency it can produce is 22.05 kHz (Nyquist frequency). Please stop spreading bullshit like "Koss KTX-PRO1 high frequency headphones, is producing ULTRA SOUNDS in the 2.8 MHz range."

Samplerate.png

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      I'm pretty sure someone on this thread posted a frequency analysis of Tinnitus Mix and found that there are no frequencies above 20 kHz.

28. Cernuto
      Spaced

Cernuto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      A square wave is comprised of harmonic components. The harmonics are at a higher frequency.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That is what Dr. Dineshen has found in his testing of Tinnitus Mix. He is a neuroscientist and explains it is occurring from combining frequencies that are causing very high harmonics. Read the report yourself in attachments.

Screenshot_2021-03-09 Convolution.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      They used a cheap equipment that was only used for music, that did not go high enough in the spectrum. Dr. Dineshen has much higher quality testing equipment at the University of Essex in the U.K. He is not working with toys like everyone on this thread.

Dr Dineshen.png