I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Sveinp68

Sveinp68 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety stress. Post Covid. Who knows
      Hello,

I have been reading the thread for a while and decided to give Tinnitus Mix a go.

I have a pair of Koss PortaPro. Would they also be adequate?

Cheers.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, they will work, also the Koss KSC-75 and the KTX-PRO1 will work. Make sure you don't have reactive tinnitus first and if not, then play during the day on low volume for a couple of hours to get used to the sounds. Then switch to all night, every night for 3 weeks.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    3. Burzum

Burzum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I think we need a big machine to reproduce these convoluting signals from your CD to reach 2.8 MHz spectrum. Not small speakers?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Dr. Dineshen says magnetostriction is the reason the headphones and speakers can produce the Nth harmonic. Here is his 2nd report in attachments.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably loud music through headphones followed by Stress
      Hi David,

I was going to give this a go.

I was wondering if I could use my Sony WH-1000XM3 Noise Cancelling Headphones?

In the UK it's quite tricky getting the KOSS but I could try and source them if the Sony are no use.

Thanks.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I checked the specs on those Sonys and they only go to 20 kHz, the Koss go to 25 kHz.

You can try them but there has been limited success with headphones that only go to 20 kHz, and some headphones will even cause spike in some people, read below:

tyred other headphones name removed.png

These ear buds go to 40 kHz and work well with Tinnitus Mix.

Screenshot_2021-01-22 (1) Anti-Tinnitus Sound Therapy System Facebook.png

7. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks David. I will try and get hold of the earbuds or the KOSS. I am pretty desperate and willing to try anything now. My tinnitus spikes every 2 days no matter what - I even wake up with a spike now. God knows what is happening to me.

8. murphb

murphb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2005
      Update.

63 Male, have had tinnitus for almost 16 years. Constantly with diminishing short breaks as I age. Nothing has worked thus far at all, and tried most everything.

Week 2.

I received the headphones (Koss) last week. Apple headphones prior. I have used KOSS 5 of 7 nights.

Results: Markedly improved. 3 of 5 last 5 days have had very little tinnitus. I had severe lapse day 3 days ago but not deterred, feel this is actually working. I am writing now with very little tinnitus ringing. At this point the pressure and head pains are still there, with a full sensation on right side. Hard to describe. My thoughts are that this is a long process and my hopes are that it will continue to remit.

Thumbs up on week 2. Will update weekly.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea tinnitus is a form of torture. When I was suffering for 3 years I begged god for help, and that is when I invented the device that made the sounds of Tinnitus Mix that saved my life and 1000 other people so far.

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's great, so glad Tinnitus Mix is helping you! Yes, it can take many weeks to knock it out since you have had tinnitus for 16 years.

The pattern I am seeing is the longer you have had tinnitus, the longer Tinnitus Mix takes to start helping. I believe it is because tinnitus is slowly causing brain damage and the neuroplastic (brain healing) benefits take longer the more brain damage you have.

Make sure you don't skip a night or tinnitus will reform.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    11. Burzum

Burzum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hey, I got the tweeter speakers, but I received no cords, what should I do?

I cannot connect them to a phone or recorder.

I fear these are for a car?

Previously when I've bought speakers, I've also received cords.

But here there are only these tweeters, and no cords.

6FFBADC5-AD24-4DA7-8A0C-4BD84AE98872.jpeg

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, you will need to connect it to stereo amp with wire.

stereo.png

These are Bluetooth wireless, these will work with your phone.

wireless speakers.png

13. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi David,

I looked at the Spec for my Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling headphones and it says frequency response (Active Operation): 4 Hz- 40,000 Hz. Which I think means with the cable attached (not Bluetooth operation).

So would these not do?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-1000xm3

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You can try them, they do go high in frequency. If you get no results, get the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones.

15. Cernuto
      Spaced

Cernuto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      David,

How do you determine what volume level you should be listening to the track? I'm a little concerned that if the volume is set too high it may worsen the condition. Also, do you think the playback volume is related to its effectiveness?

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Rayk

Rayk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Will do - thanks.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The volume should be very low, this is not a masker. The koss ktx-pro 1 headphones have an analog slide volume control ON THE CORD for precise control, many report their phone volume control is too loud on 3 and they can't hear it on 2.

18. T Toledo OH

T Toledo OH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/26/20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely loud noise and earbuds
      So any updates?

19. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It's hard to get people to share their experiences, but we are getting more success every week. Some don't even let us know Tinnitus Mix worked, they just move on with their lives. This one was posted in our test group today. She is number 1021 to see results.

Screenshot_2021-04-19 (20+) Facebook.png

21. Jonathan Tyler

Jonathan Tyler Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slight hearing loss
      I personally know someone who was in Cuba and subject to the attack, whatever it was. Among other things, he has tinnitus 24/7.

J

• Like Like x 1
    22. Burzum

Burzum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm kind of profane in these things. I tried the Koss headphones and the 1MORE headphones.

And then I read the comments on this thread, and realised I have reactive tinnitus, and hyperacusis. I tried Testosterone Replacement Therapy, but it led me to hate from God, because I started studying Kabbalah (too much energy.)

I had to spend €150 for 30 kHz+ DJ speakers.

Right now it's 4am in the morning (insomnia), and I have managed to bring these bulky speakers to my farm.

As usual, I put on my favorite music, and tried to get to sleep, but then I thought: Let me connect all those wires to my Sony recorder that has the Tinnitus Mix. And it's great.

I play music from my iPad, and put the speakers 6 ft from me.

Tinnitus Mix so soothing!

• Like Like x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Wow, that's interesting, you should have him read this thread and try Tinnitus Mix.

24. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      I have been following this thread for a while. I had a bad acoustic trauma in 2007 from a gun and was left with dysacusis and tinnitus 24/7 that can be heard over conversations. Although now I have bad dysacusis around the 4500 Hz mark and a new tone with very bad tinnitus in the same area that was related to some recent noise exposure.

Since 2007 I have had a “cochlear ringing” I like to call it. It sounds like when you listen to a conch shell, but with a faint metallic ringing/hiss. Very unpleasant sound, I would hear it in the background underneath the other two solid tones, one from 2007 and one from recent.

Upon listening to David Case’s Tinnitus Mix for around 10 minutes, the “cochlear ringing” sound disappeared. That was 3 days ago, it has not returned since. This sound was present for almost 15 years. Gone in 10 minutes. While I still have two loud tones, and severe dysacusis, I have not continued the therapy yet as I am somewhat nervous and do not have the correct headphones. While listening to the Tinnitus Mix, it sounds on times like the audio is “in the Center of your head”. Tinnitus Mix is NOT pleasant to listen to. But it did eliminate one sound that I have had since 2007. It DOES do something. My main concern is the possibility that it could worsen things.

I am hoping it will help with the other bothersome sounds but am treading carefully.

• Like Like x 3
    25. Rainer

Rainer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      David,

that's where I had problems myself. It's quite difficult to dial in a sensibly low level if the source material is quite loud. Also, there's a considerable jump in volume halfway through, which got me startled:

Tinnitus-Mix.gif
      (click to enlarge)

For my own use, I have adjusted the file in Adobe Audition to bring the volume down to a steady level of -36 dBFS throughout the file. This makes it easier to dial in a comfortable level.

Maybe it would be advantageous to offer an additional such variant. Via wetransfer.com it wouldn't even cost you money for bandwidth.

If anyone were interested and with your permission, I might post my own adjusted file there myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have been playing tinnitus mix for 20+ years every night, there is no danger playing tinnitus mix as long as you play it on low volume. I have the best hearing I have ever had and only good benefits, deeper sleep, no tinnitus, clarity of mind, etc.

You should get the Koss KTXPRO1 and you will notice a big difference and it could remove the other tones. Tinnitus mix has removed hyperacusis in many people so it could help your dysacusis because of the neuroplastic (healing) band of 2.8 mHz produced when played on the Koss headphones.
      hyperacusis gone 3.png

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well, I have considered altering the file to make it more pleasant-ish, but I think all of the properties of the sound file work together to cause neuroplasticity. In other words, it could help you by smoothing it out and when someone with a different condition it could change their results.

One day though I hope many scientist will be working on breaking down tinnitus mix into what part of the sound file does what. Then we may have one file for tinnitus, one file for hyperacusis, etc. But it may also work great and people will be able to fall to sleep faster. So I guess you can post the sound file and see if it still works just as good. I do know it should not be compressed, and kept in raw and in high quality format or it will lose the essence of what makes it work. The sound file is copyrighted so please don't try to sell or distribute it for money.

28. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      Mr. Case, I played a different neuromodulation while I slept for around 8 or 9 hours in room speakers at an acceptable volume and awoke with what seemed to be lesser tinnitus but aggravated dysacusis. It seemed like that YouTube neuromodulation clip drove maladaptive neuroplastic changes. Has your clip done the same to anyone?

29. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      A number of people have reported negative changes but he ignores all bad results.

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No, the only thing we have found that Tinnitus Mix would aggravate is reactive tinnitus, but any sound therapy could spike reactive tinnitus. If you try Tinnitus Mix, make sure you use Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones and start with them around neck on very low volume, play for a few minutes on first day and more on second day, etc.

That way you will be able to see any problems quickly and stop.