I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      If you read my post above, many here are scared to post success stories on Tinnitus Talk because of the mob mentality and disbelief of some members who would rather criticize than have to think about it.

Yes, Tinnitus Mix has broken the ideology of tinnitus treatment and was an accidental invention of mine, not magic but a new scientific method and device that has never existed before. I knew it worked. I just did not have a million dollar set of test equipment to test why it worked. When it is published in a major scientific journal soon, many researchers will want to test and verify Dr. Dineshen's results. I welcome the process as I know it works and could change the quality of life for millions of people.

So there are 25,000 members on Tinnitus Talk. You ask why have I not cured half of them? Really? Did you not READ the first 3 pages on this thread? The prominent members said I was a quack, said I was this and that, destroying any credibility I had.
      I don't blame the 24,965 people that read the first few pages and said I am not going to try Tinnitus Mix that was made by a charlatan, snake oil salesman, whacky scam artist, etc.

I was assaulted immediately when I tried to make this thread and the prominent members made sure I would help hardly anybody!

2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I didn't ask why you didn't cure half of them, only half of 1/100 of them. I gave the benefit of the doubt that not everyone would believe your therapy works, but if even 1/100 try it then we should have over 100 members cured and writing confirmations of such.

I am not here to attack you, call you a quack or offend you in any way. I believe that there is a possibility your Tinnitus Mix works. I just don't understand why it isn't more widespread. I also believe that it's not particularly your claims about Tinnitus Mix that hurt your credibility but more so the other things you post about like government conspiracies. I think that throws people off.

Hopefully we see that scientific article soon and can get a better understanding of why Tinnitus Mix might actually work.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's fine. When electricity was invented, everyone laughed and said what could it be used for, it's a useless oddity. Now it is vital to industries around the world.

I know talking about how the government abuses its people is taboo, but if we stay silent we all lose. I did not start this thread to talk about conspiracies but many on here asked me about it so I responded. I just wanted to help people stop the torture of tinnitus.

We should all speak up when our government is sneaky and does human experimentation on its people or we will wake up one day and our country and heritage will be gone. Thanks for your input and not calling me names.

children expirmented on.png

Screenshot_2019-08-08 (1) Facebook(1).png

Screenshot_2019-03-15 Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of U S Embassy Workers.png

4. ItalianMan
      Fine

ItalianMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Which health authorities signed that statement?

5. Renfrey

Renfrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/27/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Breath Holds
      I want to add that besides the very slow improvement of the tinnitus that I feel is happening, I've also been noticing a marked improvement of sleep quality while listening to the Tinnitus Mix. Last night in particular, I slept remarkably well - 9 hours of solid sleep. I didn't even get up to take a wiz, which I usually do.

There were a few bad nights in the beginning, where I was trying to get used to wearing the headphones. But I've come to the realization that for me, trying to sleep with the headphones on is a lost cause. Listening through 5 way computer speakers seems to work much better for me. I'd rather use the headphones while awake during the day, or while taking a nap sitting upright.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. ItalianMan
      Fine

ItalianMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      I am excited for you; tell me how long per day you listen to the Tinnitus Mix?

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm glad Tinnitus Mix is helping you. Yes many, including myself, report deeper, higher quality of sleep. That is just one of many good side effects of Tinnitus Mix. It also gives clarity of mind and increased cognitive ability. You can also cut a hole in a foam pillow and the earpiece will fit right in the hole and you won't even know you have headphones on.

Screenshot_2020-12-17 DMI® Inflatable Ring Donut Seat Cushion, 16 Diameter, Blue.png

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Dr. Dineshen did the study, he is a member of the British Association of Cognitive Neuroscience.

Screenshot_2021-03-11 Research Fellowship for AU Mauritius Lecturer - Aberystwyth University.png

sounds dr dinshen qualifications.png

• Like Like x 1
    9. Renfrey

Renfrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/27/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Breath Holds
      I'm not denying the good side effects of better sleep. But after further reflection, and a not-so-good night of sleep last night, I think I may have jumped the gun in giving such a positive review regarding sleep. I think I wrote those positive things after feeling the joy and excitement of actually getting a great night of sleep the night before.

I'm not saying that my sleep hasn't improved any overall. I'm just saying that it's too soon for me to give a definitive statement that it has.

But I still stand by the positive things I said regarding the slow improvement in my tinnitus.

10. Renfrey

Renfrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/27/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Breath Holds
      Regarding that, what I've noticed so far is that I'm able to do things like watch TV, read, and do other tasks while simultaneously listening to Tinnitus Mix with headphones or through speakers. I don't seem to be distracted or annoyed by the sounds of Tinnitus Mix while doing other things at the same time.

11. ItalianMan
      Fine

ItalianMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Reading the positive reviews from Mr. Case posted on Tinnitus Talk, it is strange to note that all those who are satisfied with Tinnitus Mix do not belong to Tinnitus Talk itself.

It seems that no one on Tinnitus Talk who started Tinnitus Mix has completed it successfully or at least reported in this sense.

I do not want to be controversial but objective. I myself am gearing up to start trying Tinnitus Mix and will objectively report the results obtained, if ever there will be any.

Wish me well...

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      The quality of the paper is very poor. It just transmits the same sense of pseudoscience that is around all the Tinnitus Mix posts.

Some very basic points:
      1. The Koss headphone response curve is low resolution, and only covers up to 15 kHz. Much of the "magic" around this headphones comes because they have response to 25 kHz, but somehow that is not even taken into account in this paper.
      2. Everything is centered about your file and the Koss headphones. Why not to try the analysis with other sound files and other headphones? The frequency analysis of Tinnitus Mix shows a maximum around 8 kHz. One can check very easily other "sound" files and check for the convolution.
      3. I do not believe that the convolution is right since Koss function is very poorly defined. It is very easy to get calculation artifacts in these kind of computer math.
      4. It is hard to believe that this "magic" combo is going to generate any ultrasound with any significant to power to affect anything. Note that 2.8 MHz is roughly the 350th harmonic of the main 8 kHz frequency.
      5. If there is any ultrasound, just measure it, instead of presenting calculations that are likely wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I hope you get relief like the hundreds and hundreds of others around the world have. Many are not able to do the protocol because of jobs, life, and the headphones coming off in the middle of the night. Just try to follow instructions and I wish you good luck.

Screenshot_2019-06-15 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus.png

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(3).png

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(20).png

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's great. The first week is getting used to the sounds, then they change in your perception into soothing sounds as neuroplastic changes occur in the brain. Then you will crave Tinnitus Mix as the brain accepts it as it puts you to sleep and gives you a higher quality sleep. Here is another past post from Tinnitus Talk member.

Screenshot_2019-07-04 I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus(22).png

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks for your input. First as an electrical engineer I would normally agree with you but there is a side effect of the 2.8 MHz, the cord of the headphones near the earpiece becomes hard as glass after so many hours of Tinnitus Mix playing through them as many report, not just my experience. I have a pile of them with cords hard as glass, you cant bend the cord without breaking it. This is a very unusual effect that I have never seen in any headphone playing music or other sounds.

There are many frequencies on Tinnitus Mix that go way above 8 kHz.

There are very short pulses also that can generate very high harmonics.

Dr Dineshen believes that the ratings of the Koss are being overcome by this buttercake of components in Tinnitus Mix by MAGNETOSTRICTION.

Koss are not the only headphones that work but they seem to work the best. Many very expensive headphones don't produce the anti tinnitus effect. Some speakers work, others do not. So it is in the coil size and magnets that seem to support the generation of the 2.8 MHz.

Screenshot_2021-05-06 magnetostriction - Google Search(1).png

Screenshot_2021-05-06 magnetostriction - Google Search.png

Screenshot_2021-05-06 Magnetostriction.png

16. Burzum

Burzum Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm kind of desperate, I tried Koss headphones and 1MORE, but I'm grateful for the 1MORE find, because I'm isolated from surrounding sounds in city, bus, and tram due to hyperacusis (I listen to music as a masker with these great headphones).

I tried 30 kHz speakers, but got fed up with them, but still grateful I can mask with my favorite music, because I don't know what type of tinnitus I have, maybe reactive.

I'm thinking of buying bone-conducting headphones, but they are Bluetooth, and Tinnitus Mix track can be hacked, or do I need to hard burn it on microSD card? Because I would be pairing them with my Samsung phone. But AfterShokz only go up to 20 kHz.

Thanks.

17. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What about listening to Tinnitus Mix with the Apple AirPods? It’s more comfortable for me. Is that an issue?

18. Renfrey

Renfrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/27/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Breath Holds
      Hey Dave,

There's been a lot of talk about proper headphones and speakers, but not so much about the sound source. Does any sound source work effectively? When I do use the headphones, I use an MP3 player with the recommended Koss headphones. But I've never noticed my cords getting stiff, either from the MP3 player or when I play it on the computer. So I'm wondering if the all the necessary sounds are coming through the way they were meant to.

Also, I notice when I turn up the volume past the normal listening range, I can hear a lot more clarity in the tones and sounds. And when the volume is at the normal lower range, I don't hear as much of the detail. Do you think these sounds are still effective when you're not hearing as much of this detail?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    19. murphb

murphb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2005
      Update on my experiences.

I have been using Tinnitus Mix for approximately one month, first week with Apple AirPods, 3rd week broke one headphone of the Koss, so approximately 2 weeks cumulative at night along with getting set-up properly.

Again, I have had tinnitus for 15 years with nothing affecting change. I tried most everything. Over the years it has worsened with seldom a 3-4 hour break from tinnitus maybe twice a year. These are approximates.

This past week I have had approximately 3 daytime hours almost free of tinnitus, with some occasional zing noises. I had one day of spiking, and 3 days of lowered but annoying tinnitus.

My tinnitus is definitely improving. At its worst it has improved in slightly decreased tone. I figure if it is the placebo effect, then why have I never had a placebo effect up until now? I've tried Western meds, been to 6 doctors, had my eardrum punctured, and tried a lot of those cocktail herbs with zero results. Keep in mind I've had tinnitus for 15 years. I conceptualize my brain as re-routing neurons, or healing.

Interesting phenomenon: My 2nd pair of Koss headphones are stiffening near the headphones. This continues to blow my mind as my knowledge of plastics only includes a chemical response, not an electrical pulse. My son reports his headphone wires as hardening, but over 1 1/2 years. In his case he believes this is due to head sweat.

Also the audio tones from Tinnitus Mix have changed, some seem missing completely. Or appears to, as I remember when I first tried the Tinnitus Mix, it was very busy with different tones.

Thanks again Dave. I will write back next week to update.

Bill M

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      Yes, the Tinnitus Mix has frequencies above 8 kHz, but you can see in the FFT analysis presented in your paper that the intensity is negligible.

Just commenting on your stubborn fixation on your file and the Koss headphones:

1) Have you tried impulse noise, very short pulses of high frequency noise? Such as this: https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/impulseNoiseGenerator.php

2) Have you contacted Koss to somewhat contrast your theories about how the headphones work with the actual engineers that made them? I am sure that someone in Technical Support will pass you to the audio engineers. They will have a blast with your stories.

About the glassy aging of the Koss cables, come on, these are $20 headphones and the material quality is unlikely the best. People are wearing them in bed in weird conditions. I will think that is the way this plastic ages rather than a fantastic theory involving ultrasound that no one has measured. So, please measure the ultrasound, try impulse noise, and contact Koss complaining about the quality of the headphone cables.

21. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Yikes.

No, this isn't making ultrasound.

Even if it were, which would be bad for the ossicles, it shouldn't penetrate past the initial eardrum/hammer bone interface really.

There's a reason special gel is used to transmit high power ultrasound. Air/liquid interfaces.

• Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      This is not high power ultrasonics, you misunderstood. On low volume a player only produces milliwatts of power.

23. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is the problem I have with all this. It seems like there are simple explanations for David’s theories. @R. David Case says his music is creating ultrasounds, @Matchbox says it’s impossible and even if so, the ultrasound can’t penetrate any significant amount to make any difference.
      I have always believed this. I would imagine the wires getting hard due to oils from the face/neck. It’s actually the most logical explanation. Not ultrasounds. It doesn’t even makes sense since the wires wouldn’t be in the path of the ultrasound anyway.
      Bill, I’m no audiologist but I would think this is an issue. You can no longer hear many of the tones? I would assume this is due to hearing loss, you should probably check that out.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's great. So glad you are on your way to a tinnitus free life! Yes, I have a pile of headphones with hardened rubber cords only 6 inches from each ear, it is not sweat, it is not oils from the skin. Rubber is resilient from all of these things. It is from the secondary oscillation caused by Tinnitus Mix. I believe one day Tinnitus Mix could help dementia, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's because it causes neuroplasticity. Here is supporting evidence in a medical journal.

sounds are causing neuroplasticity.png

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure, Tinnitus Mix must not be converted to mp3 (lossy format), you will lose the essence of what makes Tinnitus Mix work. It must be kept in high quality format.

Also, I prefer sending out hard copies of the file because downloads can have errors and bugs in the system. I keep it in WAV format myself and send out mini SD cards with the file on them now.

If you are not seeing the hardening of the rubber cord of headphones after 20 -30 days, you may not be getting the 2.8 MHz of ultrasonics because of poor sound file or user error. I also turn up treble to max and base all the way down to maximize the high harmonics.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I don't think they will work. We have tested many headphones and earbuds.

For side sleepers these work great and go to 40 kHz and work very well.

Screenshot_2021-01-22 (1) Anti-Tinnitus Sound Therapy System Facebook.png

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I would keep it as simple as possible. Hard copies are the most reliable as downloads can have errors, bugs etc. Bluetooth just adds more possible errors or frequency limits, Bluetooth devices usually only go to 20 kHz. I would use a SD card with a clip jam WAV player like this one. You do need to turn on "FULL TREBLE" in equalizer menu. Aftershokz make a set of bone conducting headphones that are hard wired. Model number: As650.

Screenshot_2020-05-06 SanDisk Clip Jam MP3 Player Western Digital Store.png

28. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope you’re right and your file is curing people though I am still skeptical.

As for the hardening of the wires, have you tried to run the headphones for a week without wearing them? I guess that would distinguish whether or not it is happening from the sound or oils. I think a really good experiment would be to have 3 sets: One playing your file, one playing random music and one as a control, maybe just sitting there. Then you could measure the hardness of each one over a period of time. I would think 1-2 weeks continuous playing would do it.

29. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This idea of downloads not being reliable is a little outlandish. It doesn’t make sense.

There are no “bugs” in downloads and if there were errors while downloading the file you would know because each packet of data is checked as the file is written to your hard drive.

They are sending and receiving telemetric data to F1 cars and spaceships with no “errors”, I’m pretty sure the modern internet is capable of sending a sound file.

It’s these claims that makes me skeptical about the whole thing. I want to believe in this as much as the next guy but you really have to tighten up some of these ridiculous claims.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No disrespect but all digital systems are flawed as you will find if you do your research. When a commercial comes on TV saying how secure and problem free their digital systems are, people just repeat that until all believe it. People die every day from digital errors in G.P.S., in medical equipment, power line systems, etc. etc. and then there are hackers. I never trust any digital system with my life. You can believe your psycho-babble if you want but I am not buying it.

Screenshot_2021-05-07 baase-fm dvi - Chapter8_BaaseGiftofFire pdf(1).png

Screenshot_2021-05-07 baase-fm dvi - Chapter8_BaaseGiftofFire pdf.png

Screenshot_2021-05-07 baase-fm dvi - Chapter8_BaaseGiftofFire pdf(2).png

• Like Like x 1