I've Beaten My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Brian meadows, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      Against my better judgement, I'm going to share my experience on here again. I've done this before and was immediately accused of being a salesperson and I was hounded by some people who live in perpetual negativity.

I developed SEVERE tinnitus in my left ear about 2 years ago after a surfing accident. I've tried everything in the world and found SOME relief by cutting salt and focusing on a good night's sleep every night. However, I've effectively suppressed the tinnitus with the Soundcure Serenade.

Here's my experience with it: My tinnitus started in October 2014. I bought the serenade out of desperation about a couple of weeks later. I sleep with it and I listen to it an hour or so a day. With each passing week, my tinnitus was improved. My tinnitus was effectively gone by Christmas. By "gone", I mean gone. Not "it was there but it didnt bother me" or "I habituated" or "it faded into the background". Trust me, I obsessively TRIED to hear it and it wasnt there, except for an occasional day where it was MILDLY back. Several months went by, and I had long stopped using the Serenade, and my tinnitus started to come back. Again, I started using it and it went away. Same thing happened a few months later. I finally realized that I must keep using the Serenade even once the tinnitus is gone, so as to keep it gone.

There's much more to this story, and I'll be happy to go into detail. Anyone who's dealt with tinnitus knows that a bad day is something you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy, and my spikes (after I stopped using the serenade for several weeks were AWFUL), but I am happy to have to depend on a soundcure device every day for the rest of my life, as long as I'm not living in complete depressed agony. My tinnitus is effectively gone. GONE. I live my life now without constantly hearing it and thinking about it, something I thought I'd never be able to experience again.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Good for you. I'm glad some people manage to get to full recovery (not habituation). We may never know what exactly cured you, but that's ok. Enjoy life!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      Like I said in my post, it was the Soundcure Serenade. It works.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's certainly possible.

5. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      I mean, that's why it was created in the first place. I'm sure that there's something to it for a lot of people! When I tried it here in Colorado; it actually worked for a little bit.
      Ricardo

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      soundcure is just whitenoise, right? Is it in any way calibrated to the pitch/frequency of your tinnitus? Is your tinnitus low pitched or high pitched?

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      Its not just white noise. There are 4 settings on it. 2 are "S-tones" which are the therapeutic tones that you listen to every day. There's also a couple of white noise settings that you can listen to. I use these to sleep with.

My tinnitus started off VERY BAD; it was a combination of one high-pitch tone, a horrible fluctuating radio-tuning sounding noise, and an even worse modem-sounding noise that I could even feel in the back of my throat. The two latter noises havent been around since the soundcure got rid of them long ago. Now, if I stop using the soundcure, then my tinnitus starts coming back. On a bad day, its like a constant hissing/TV-static noise. And on a good day, I don't have tinnitus at all. But like I said, I only have bad days when I don't keep up with the soundcure. As long as I fit in a good hour/day using it, it works to suppress the tinnitus. I can't begin to explain how it works honestly...something about S tones and blah blah blah. It just works, thats all I know.

8. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud earbuds music/ear infection
      Op judging from the post you called up ye goons and jumped tinnitus. Bravo, you're the hero we need but not the hero we want.

9. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @linearb

You are describing the Neuronomics. The Soundcure has several modes. The most important one is the one that has fast amplitude modulation near the hearing loss or T frequency. It sounds like the isochronic tones in the really great MyNoise app.

10. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      There are many sound neuromodulators our there. I am quite a lay man on them. Perhaps @Steve whose is our top ace on TT for sound modulation or those who have used ACRN type of treatment can compare this Soundcure unit with ACRN or other modulators. Does it have something new that others don't have? It is quite costly compared to the free ACRN sites we can use as below:

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/acoustic-cr-neuromodulation

http://www.generalfuzz.net/acrn/

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      I'm describing the SoundCure. I use it every day and I have it sitting right beside me at this moment.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      billie48: It IS expensive, but who cares if it works.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @Brian meadows

Did you have any hearing loss associated to the head trauma from the surfing accident? High frequencies can get affected easily.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @Brian meadows, I'm glad it worked for you. It aggravated my tinnitus so I returned it. Smoking a pipe helped some though. When my noise is bad, it's bad and more noise is useless. I suppose everyone is different though.

15. JadeNYC

JadeNYC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TBI/concussion
      This is the same unit that @Adam007 used, he posted a success story on here as well as mentioning it on his you tube video.
      He attributes his success to the soundcure serenade as well as TRT though my impression was that he had a worse case of H and T to a lesser extent.
      None of the audiologists or neurotologists I've seen have mentioned it as of yet but I believe it runs around $3K or so.
      It is also what they use on many of the military personnel upon returning from duty. It seems for some, T dissipates after a period of usage whereas for others it must be maintained, once again exemplifying just how different T is for each of us which is likely one of the many reasons they haven't cracked the code yet~

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      I did have hearing loss in my left ear as a result of the surfing accident. Between 10-30 decibels depending on the frequency...all high level. The soundcure hasn't "cured" my tinnitus. However, as long as I use it as suggested, my tinnitus is fully suppressed. So yeah, I gotta stick an annoying thing in my ear each day for an hour. and sleep with it at night, BUT I don't hear tinnitus during the day and I live a normal life again. That's good enough for me.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Definitely! I'm sure many sufferers would welcome that outcome with open arms. Good for you.

• Like Like x 1
    18. PrizeFighter23

PrizeFighter23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Does anyone know if it's possible to achieve the same treatment another way? With an app or combination of white noise machines? I don't really have $3k to drop on it unfortunately :/

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      can you post a pic of it? Id like to see what this thing looks like. thanks!

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      Prizefighter, they have payment plans. I paid mine off over the course of a year. I don't really know if there's equivalent technologies out there, BUT I know this: The headphones for the soundcure got so worn out that I needed to replace them. Rather than spend 75 for the soundcure-specific headphones, I bought some decent ones at CVS for like 20 bucks. I noticed that my soundcure wasnt helping me anymore after about a couple weeks. So I got the 75 dollar headphones instead, and it started helping me again. Long story short, I think this is a case of "you get what you pay for". If your tinnitus is anything like mine, then having an extra bill each month is a small price to pay to not be in complete tinnitus depression.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    22. chase.j

chase.j Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-15
      To all those READING this POST. Brian Meadows is NOT a sales guy for Soundcure. I have been private chatting with him and even spoke with the Doctor in which he got treated and issued the soundcure device. I spent an hour convo with her and he def. had horrible tinnitus and is just a regular guy like us. Upon speaking with her she also raved about a NEW device called desyncra just look up more at http://www.desyncra.com it in NOT TRT or Habituation but it is messing with the neuro plasticity of the brain's audio cortex. Allot of other devices like neuromonics were basing their science off of this, but were just not quite there yet. I am flying to to Cali this Tuesday to begin my 8 month treatment with the device. There are reported claims of Permanent silence WITHOUT ongoing treatment after the silence has been achieved. I in no way and endorsing either product, but just wanted to post my findings and hopefully report good news in the coming months.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    23. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @chase.j , Good luck! A ENT that I had seen today seemed to describe something like Desyncra to me. He said it was superior to Neuromonics. I wonder what the cost is? I see they use a customized iPod.

24. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's not very clear whether it's a he or a she from your prose above. I realize you wanted to give credibility to the guy/girl, but frankly I'm not sure you are helping...
      At any rate, there is no need to take his/her word for it. There are published studies about it that I believe you can find on pubmed with statistically relevant data. If your T is the kind that can respond to this kind of treatment, then it's certainly worth a shot. IIRC, Desyncra/ACRN and Soundcure are different technologies, with different results. I wouldn't assume all neuromodulation technologies are equivalent.

25. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic

The way I'm reading it, "he" refers to Brian and "she" refers to the doctor. :)

26. chase.j

chase.j Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-15
      I am a "male" my name is Chase. I suffered acoustic trauma from shooting a fire arm without hearing protection. It is very difficult knowing that your own stupidity caused your current hearing ailment. In any case, I just saw allot of negativity towards Bryan and I wanted to clear his name seeing as how I personally called the Doctor that treated him. I am well aware that all cases are different, and my hope is that I will respond positively to the dysncra device. @just1morething.... I am told the device with all the hearing tests for each visit and adjustments along with the equipement et all is just around $6k USD. So while extremely expensive, I have my first visit to San diego "flying from Dallas TX" this coming tuesday the 27th of spet. I hope to be able to report positive results.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    27. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Does this device create sounds similar to this? If i could save 3000 i will try to.

Tinnitus Sound Therapy | Tinnitus Treatment...

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      Thank you, Chase. That's why I even mentioned in the original post that I was hesitant to say anything on here because half of the people on this website are ultra-skeptical to the point of being ridiculous. They simply can't imagine that someone with their condition actually found something that really helped. GregCA is a good example.

GregCA, just imagine the following scenario for a second. Just imagine. I'm not a sales rep. I really have had horrible tinnitus for years. And the Soundcure actually REALLY has helped me. Just imagine that. Then, after discovering how well its worked for me, I go online to try and help others who are going through the same hell I went through. And then, people like you go out of their way to talk trash what I'm saying, basically calling me a liar without actually using those words. How would you feel if you were me?

For once in my life, I'm actually trying to HELP other people. I have nothing to gain from this. Except the frustration of dealing with ultra-negative people like yourself. You may have let your tinnitus destroy your life. But I didn't. I kept trying everything I could until something worked. And something DID work. Be happy for me, and allow me to help other people, rather than just standing in the way of people getting the help they need. Again, just imagine that I'm telling the truth and here you are, standing in the way of people getting help. Doesn't that make you evil?

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      Jomo, I don't think so. The SoundCure uses something called "S tones" that apparently retrains your brain. blah blah blah I'm not sure, but it's basically proprietary and cannot be duplicated with a computer app. AS FAR AS I KNOW. Furthermore, I had to replace the headphones to the soundcure once and opted to buy some decent headphones from the store for 30 bucks rather than pay 75 bucks to the soundcure people. I noticed after a couple weeks that the soundcure wasnt working for me anymore. So I spent the extra money on the souncure headphones and my tinnitus went away again. My point is, just trust this device and spend the money. Its expensive as shit, but I can tell you 100% that it worked for me.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brian meadows

Brian meadows Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 19th
      I SUCCESSFULLY live a tinnitus-free life because of the soundcure sererade. It REALLY worked for me. I've posted this over and over again, and I keep getting people calling me a liar, sales rep, etc. Part of me wishes I was lying because tinnitus is definitely the worst thing that has ever happened to me. But out of my desperation, I purchased the soundcure 2 years ago, and within 2 months, I was tinnitus free. I learned over time that I need to KEEP using it, or else my tinnitus slowly comes back. It costs a lot of money but who cares if it works. There are many days where I forget that I ever had tinnitus. Imagine that. Because I never thought I'd get there again.

• Like Like x 4