Photo Album of Tinnitus Talk Members

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OnceUponaTime, May 11, 2019.

1. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      @Tavia R you look much better in your profile picture ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Everyone can see what I look like in my profile picture already - but here's a bigger picture of me anyway... Tried to get my favourite new trousers in the photo... Would have smiled but I have a brace at the moment and it's gross haha.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
      • Winner Winner x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Okay now I've uploaded a horrible selfie - I'll upload something nicer to look at... My van conversion!

It's not finished yet. Gotta put in a couple of windows and some more storage, but then it's done. It's taken two years, but it has hot running water and shower, proper electrics, and heating.

Oh and I live by the sea, so usually I'm looking more like this - or up a mountain, like this.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
      • Winner Winner x 3
    4. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That's not a horrible selfie. You have beautiful eyes.

The van conversion is really cool. Are you planning to travel around the world in it?

I've been watching tiny houses on YouTube a lot. There are so many amazingly creatively built ones.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Manny
      In pain

Manny Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      central gain << NIHL
      Awesome, I want to do this one day!! I’m always watching Tiny House videos and such things. Does the back of the bench fold over and down for a bed?

• Like Like x 1
    6. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      @Kriszti I actually live in it already but moved back home when Covid broke out. I'll be moving straight back in once it's over.

I study in both Austria and Italy; as well as England, so I'm constantly driving around Europe in it.

Just found out my dad has bought a house in Bulgaria. So I guess I will be driving over there very soon too.

It all started when I was given a scholarship to study with a private university. They paid for my course, but it didn't cover accommodation fees. I couldn't afford the accommodation in three different places, so I thought if I lived in a van, then I wouldn't have to pay rent.

So yeah. That's how it began. It's such an on going project though. If I ever did a van again, it would be totally different - but this one was definitely a good practice run.

Also in England, no one my age can afford a house. It's insane! And if you do manage to scrape together a deposit for a house - you'll be paying it off until you're dead. Our country is f#*ked.
      So young people/couples living in vans has grown in popularity in recent years because of our housing crisis.
      I mean who can afford £1200 a month just on rent and household bills!? (not including shopping or car etc.) and if I had my own place, then no way would I have been able to study. The system here is flawed.

So that's the story of the van! :)

• Like Like x 3
      • Genius Genius x 2
    7. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Yup, it pulls out as a double :) and the top lifts up, or you can roll the underneath out for storage.

I have put in a couple of cupboards since those photos were taken, and a bench and fold out table. I'll try find some pictures.

Basically living in a van, you need loads of things that pull out and flip up. And cupboard space... It's surprising how much storage you end up needing. I'm about to build some more above where the flip up table is at the back. The door at the back is the shower room door, and the door to the left of it houses the water pump/water heater and the fridge.

Yeah tiny house is a cool programme. Only seen one or two episodes, but they have some insane ideas. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
      • Winner Winner x 2
    8. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      House prices are so expensive these days. I guess one day I’ll just rent with a bunch of my friends.

9. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      How do you get electricity in your van? Do you have wall sockets to charge devices or do you use a power bank?

10. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Haven’t checked in here for a while.
      Members Photo Album indeed ??
      I thought I must be in a furniture store
      or a vehicle body shop ??

How about a few more photos of real live ‘Peeps?’

I realise on this thread I’m ‘ preaching to the choir’ - but even some recent updates would be welcome.

Funny - but a block of ‘bird’s eye maple’ or a plank of three ply doesn’t really do it for me.

‘More pretty ladies please - or chaps as a second choice?’

• Like Like x 1
    11. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Need I remind everybody that @OnceUponaTime is the instigator of this thread, owns a whip, and according to
      @Ed209
      - she’s not shy to use it.

12. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      @Jazzer sorry if I offended you. I did upload a picture of myself.

I also thought people might like to see my project, as since developing tinnitus, it has been a welcome distraction and has gotten me through some dark times... obviously wrong thread. Im very new to this site.

I have reported my posts and asked for them to be taken down.

Steph

• Hug Hug x 2
    13. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Awesome! Now I'm curious: what do you study?

And Bulgaria is quite a discovery... it seem a pretty good place to live, good food (meat, yogurt and cheese!) and not noisy!

14. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Oh Steph - don’t take anything down - please!!
      I was having a joke.
      I think your project is superb.
      By the way - you look so lovely in your photo.
      Please accept my apology.
      My sense of humour goes off the rails sometimes.
      If you have deleted anything already, please put it back up there.
      Please see my post as a bit of silliness on my part.,
      love
      Dave x

PS - you’re from England.
      I might bump into you in the street??

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. Christiaan
      Inspired

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2016: headphones, 2020: worsened thanks to Rammstein
      You do not have to take the posts down @Steph1710, seriously! I do enjoy what you've made and honestly I'm a little bit jealous of how creative you are;) I'm basically born with two left hands given the fact that I could hardly put an Ikea bed together (took me 5 freaking days, which would normally take one 5 hours!). I also like and enjoy seeing @Elmer B Fuddled creations. It's cool what he makes for his grand children.

@Jazzer I understand you too about spicing the thread up a little. I would very much like to post some of my pics, but most of them are pretty sad (mostly pics taken during protest actions against animal cruelty or racism, for example), so I don't think it's a good idea to place them on Tinnitus Talk :whistle: Maybe you have some nice pics with family or pets?

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Well here’s the most recent one of me resting during a walk in the woods, with my adorable Dutch misus Sylvie, who comes from Rotterdam.
      (I had just been doing some gardening, so excuse the scruffy look.)

42EB3A91-F04B-4B9C-91AF-EF838AC911E8.jpeg

This one is looking across one of the fields within the park, towards the clock tower.

39E2096D-C2E4-4635-A0FD-A20F9C4FE27D.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      @Jazzer - I am SO sorry! I'm in a very bad place right now and seemingly way too sensitive.
      You know last night I couldn't sleep and found your video on here about your love for jazz. It made me smile - and cry a little. Especially when you mentioned the old chap who used to sit on your wall. My heart bled for him.

Anyway, when I saw your message this morning, I was gutted because I completely took it the wrong way! I thought I was being told off; and I was especially gutted because you were the face that got me through the night before. Usually, I'm quick with all humor - especially sarcasm (I'm British after all). In fact, I'm known for it - so this just shows me how out of character I am feeling right now :(

Thank you for your kind words. And don't stop with your sense of humor. I'm a wet blanket at the moment - I'm experiencing my first spike! Yay!

One day, I'd actually love to bump into you! I'm from Suffolk, or silly Suffolk as I like to refer to it as. It a beautiful part of England. I'm next to the coast and forests.

Where in Albion are you lurking?

Steph <3

p.s And what do you mean my 3 ply isn't doing it for you!? I certainly get off on wood! ... (take that how you will)

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Hi @Juan!

Well, I study Architectural History but I already work with two companies in England helping to preserve architecture.

In fact, I believe I must be the only undergrad who already has a job working in what they are studying for. It didn't come easy. Just keep hassling, and eventually, companies will give in to you - I can be very persuasive it seems. Or pushing - take ya pick ;)

So anyway, my uni is split between Buckingham University, the British Institute of Florence, and the University of Vienna or rather - Universitat Wien.

And yes! So quiet! It is only because my dad is moving there that I'm going to buy a house there too. I would have preferred Florence, but I've decided I'll buy one there too. It is crazy that I can even buy two houses in Europe while in England, I can't even afford a deposit for one house.

Where you from Juan? And what do you do?

Steph <3

• Like Like x 1
    19. Steph1710
      Old hag

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Hahaha! That made me smile Christian. The more you use tools, the easier it becomes.
      As for assembling Ikea furniture - well it should take minutes! I'll come to help you next time. :)

Thank you for your kind message. I needed it after the day I've had.

Anyway, I hope you're doing okay? Oh, and in a different thread, I'd love to see your animal rights photos!

Steph <3

20. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      @Steph1710 since your family is moving to Bulgaria wouldn’t there be a language barrier issue or do you and your family speak Bulgarian fluently?

21. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Oh Steph - you are a sweetheart to post the way you do.
      Thank goodness we are sorted. x

Tinnitus is so nasty - so never be ashamed of having a tough time with it.
      We all get them of course.
      I am very pleased that this site exists, and for me the crucial aspect is that essentially we can meet up, and take each other’s hand in a way.
      (You’ll find out that I’m quite a ‘wet’ by the way.
      Our emotions are quite near the surface I think.)

I live in a village called Warlingham in Surrey, about six miles inside the M25 at junction 6.

It is a park that was converted from an old mental hospital 20 years ago.
      I’ll tell you a bit about it later on.
      It was a bleak forbidding place at one time, but now a beautiful residential park.
      I love your ‘wood’ reference.
      Everybody should ‘get off’ on something.
      You’re as crazy as I am.

Just a couple of pictures of how this place was then and now.

763FBF3D-0B2D-4D89-80AC-4A2ABEC62A20.jpeg
      52FB755D-7A96-4204-8ABE-095FDA54FFDC.jpeg
      8E2C3BAF-87FB-4360-AB0D-F549C90AD9B7.jpeg

Take care Steph
      Dave x
      Jazzer

• Like Like x 4
    22. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Awesome! I have actually lived (briefly) in Florence. I never checked property prices there but it is supposed to be expensive. It was flooded with tourists any day of the year...

Vienna is an amazing city too. I like the area by the river, the one with the graffitti. If your ears can still cope with it, I would suggest going to Musikverein. The acoustics there are quite a thing. Be careful with the clapping around, it's very loud.

Bulgaria is affordable, although house prices are going up fast. Salaries are meant to be low, but if you make your money in the UK that's a sure bet.

I live in Spain now. Very noisy place, too touristy maybe. At least there's the beach ;-)

23. Christiaan
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, that's absolutely true @Steph1710. I always have the luxury of having a very handy DIY dad who gladly wants to help, but it always ends up with him doing the hard work and also because he doesn't trust me with any of his precious and expensive tools (and how right he is!). Maybe it's finally time I should act like a man and start doing DIY more often;)

And every help is welcome. I always need an extra pair of hands in the house since I moved to a new home a few months ago. Still busy unpacking some things, made some progress and I can now finally walk to the kitchen without stumbling on a few boxes!

Maybe I will post some pics Steph. Maybe if someone open a thread with the title ''Sad protest photo album of Tinnitus Talk Members'', I would certainly do that! Sounds wickedo_O

I'm alright. I had a new high pitch tone a few months ago and my anxiety went through the roof. Now it faded to a low hiss but it's going e-ok. Hope you're alright Steph and that your spike is just a temporary bugger(y)

24. Christiaan
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You have a lovely wife @Jazzer . Doe haar de groeten van me:) It looks like a very nice place. How is life in Warlingham? It is a new town? I have heard about these new cities or villages in GB because I had studied Urban Planning (didn't finish my degree however). A lot of my professors told me about the state of the art of British city design and how well it is organised in your country. Our city Almere is also based on Milton Keynes, for instance.

25. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Christiaan - no Warlingham is not a new town.
      A good few hundred years old.
      That air shot is of just the gated community of the park - 150 dwellings.
      From 1903 this site was a leading Mental Asylum experimenting with lobotomy, insulin induced comas, etc etc... and other horrible therapies ??
      In 1999 they knocked it down and built this lovely residential community.

• Like Like x 2
    26. Christiaan
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh, alright @Jazzer . I almost thought that was the entire village;) Lobotomy, insulin induced comas? Jikes! That's seriously a scary story behind such a beautiful place that has almost no resemblance to what it once was. Glad they are not doing that anymore. Although, I'm actually planning to have my brain zapped at the academical university in Antwerp the old mental asylum way to blast my tinnitus to smithereens:wacky: It's a new study in targeting tinnitus with HD-tdcs. Maybe I'll post something about that in due time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    27. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I wish you the very best of luck with your HD-tDCS treatment Christian.

You have really researched this move I guess.

We will all be interested I’m sure.

• Like Like x 2
    28. ASilverLight
      In pain

ASilverLight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise, stress and a neck injury.
      Keep us updated on that @Christiaan! Antwerp is close for me, and if it's promising... I'd be willing to do it too. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
    29. Christiaan
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    30. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since: