Solsaem Clinic (Dr. Minbo Shim) Experience

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by JohnAdams, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Haha! Tom is my middle name and Wilton was my mother’s last name.

I may be old, but I am not that stupid to use my real name. I feel flattered you tried to google me.

I also find it funny you diverted my question!

Call me crazy, but I don’t want others to fall for such an obvious scam. I got time on my hands so why not spend it trying to help people from snakes.

Looks like your threw so much of a tantrum that the administrators had to give me a spanking and take my picture away. Shame!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Well first and foremost I found a huge loser.
      You do realize that nobody is compelling anyone to visit this clinic, so go ahead camp out on this thread. Make yourself cozy. You have a crusade. Good job man. You finally found your purpose in life. You should consider posting a success story.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      @Tom Wilton

In regards to "no science behind this"

Insulin-like growth factor 1: A novel treatment for the protection or regeneration of cochlear hair cells.
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25937136

Application of insulin-like growth factor-1 in the treatment of inner ear disorders
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4159992/

Recent Advancements in the Regeneration of Auditory Hair Cells and Hearing Restoration
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5534485/

Round-window delivery of neurotrophin 3 regenerates cochlear synapses after acoustic overexposure
      https://www.nature.com/articles/srep24907

Functional role of NT-3 in synapse regeneration by spiral ganglion neurons on inner hair cells after excitotoxic trauma in vitro
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3132175/

The systemic effects of platelet-rich plasma injection.
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23211708

Effect of platelet-rich plasma injection on systemic concentrations of performance-enhancing growth factors
      https://www.ors.org/Transactions/58/1650.pdf (PDF File)

Hidden Hearing Loss: Current Perspectives And Potential Therapies
      https://journals.lww.com/jbioxresea...hearing_loss__current_perspectives_and.2.aspx

Tinnitus development is associated with synaptopathy of inner hair cells in Mongolian gerbils
      https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/304576v1.full

Videos:

How Platelet-Rich Plasma Works

StemCell ARTS-Platelets and Growth Factors-...

These are just some of the material that I've read. It seems you jumped into this discussion without fully reading through. If you are going to be antagonizing, please try to be at least a little informed.

Edit: There's even stuff discussed in the first page. Come on man. :|

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    4. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      I’m just trying to figure out if Dr. Shim is a huge liar.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      How are you doing? Hoping you are at least back to baseline.

6. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      Start with the scientific articles, the documentations I had about him in the other thread, and then GlennAz & John's experience. Hopefully that should be enough to draw your own conclusions.

However, I encourage you to wait if you can. There might be better and more local alternatives in the near future. (I am not one of those people who think hearing loss treatments will be out in 2030 or so.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well think about me. I am a very critical person. I despise the overall medical paradigm. I have a a degree and experience in the medical field. I hate fakers like the ATA, BTA, as well as the fake tinnitus supplements. If Minbo was a scam artist, I would hate him too. I am very critical of everything. Minbo never raised any red flags for me. He never lied to me once. To say he is a scammer is also to insinuate that I am easily deceived, while also being one of the most untrusting and critical users on this website. I am not feigning neutrality because I don't want to admit I wasted money because money was never an issue for me. Long story short, this didn't cure me, but I'm not so sure it didn't help. Was I expecting a cure, kinda. Have I urged anyone else to do this? No. Do I think this need to be studied and refined? Yes.

We can find out who is lying and telling the truth. I am getting to the bottom of it.

@aldog what was the name or address of the MRI place, do you have receipt?

• Like Like x 3
    8. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Have you seen a local ENT?

9. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      These mother f#@$cking MRIs... no one seems to know how loud they are... or the ones that do know treat you like some idiot... .”oh, how didn’t you know.”

The MRI did me in a month ago... and my ears are still screaming. Siemens has emailed to “look into it” but as the maker of the MRI machine I doubt they will do anything.

I had no emergency button either, I simply held the light duty headphones tighter to my head. I had my iPhone recording in the dressing room, and I recently reviewed it. I learned about all the shopping the MRI tech was discussing with her cohort instead of supervising the procedure and me. F&$cking incompetence.

A month ago, someone commented that “you are just mad at yourself,” and yes, yes I am mad at myself. For someone who hasn’t seen a movie without earplugs for the last decade... to walk in naive into a “routine” MRI focused on fixing my back issue.

...as they said in the movie Animal House... ”you f@#cked up, you trusted us.”

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Psh, they know very well. They will not do or say anything to indicate any liability.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Tinnitard

Tinnitard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I nearly had an MRI. I rang my local hospital. They told me their machine was 117 dB. Yup, that's right ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN DECIBELS! I decided not to pursue a scan. There needs to more awareness on this. I would have been a lamb to slaughter if it wasn’t for reading about other people’s experiences.

I genuinely feel for you.

Having another acoustic trauma which causes more tinnitus is awful. I can’t think of anything worse to be honest.

This is the trouble though. Someone's decided that 80-85 dB is the threshold where hearing damage can occur and that hearing protection actually works.

If you’re exposed to 117 dB and wear heavy duty ear defenders that say offer 30 dB protection, it’s still not enough to actually bring the noise down to safe levels. Plus it’s not that simple. The dB scale is logarithmic meaning for something to be this loud, the energies involved are phenomenal. In my opinion these kinds of problems should terrify the medical profession.

I have read that GE are working on quieter MRI technologies.

My experience tells me this. If you have already got hearing damage, it's like trying to run on a broken leg. You're far far more likely to suffer further damage at much lower levels, something ordinary people wouldn’t even consider problematic.

If you have hearing damage, tinnitus, hyperacusis etc, then heed the warning. Avoid loud noises. Don’t assume that hearing protection will work but always carry plugs/defenders just in case.

My tinnitus is still epic. I mean totally epic. I'm surprised I can still hear at all it seems so loud now (but am grateful for the hearing I still have)

I've been in contact with Dr. Shim. I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I make any conclusions.

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
    12. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      I recall you saying you felt the treatment may have made it worse. Do you still feel this way or has your baseline always been this loud?

13. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      At least they were honest with you! I was told 85 dB. I don't believe it. If i'd gotten the truth things may have been different. Maybe they gave me the average noise level? Who knows!

14. Tinnitard

Tinnitard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It's disgusting. It's like the medical community is 'surprised' by the loudness of these things. But engineers have known for decades about the science behind NIHL. There's really no excuse.

I'm seeing peak figures of 130dB. This is insane!

The benefits must outweigh risks I guess.

https://janlmayes.com/mri-testing-double-hearing-protection/

• Genius Genius x 1
    15. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Something else happened to me just a few days ago that made me realise that NO ONE knows or cares about people's hearing: I had to get a flight abroad. We were bused out to the aeroplane that already had its engines running. Very close were another two-three planes. All had their engines running and one was already moving. The runway was also very close and a plane was taking off. I was last in line. A tinnitus sufferer's nightmare.

God knows what sound levels i was subjected to. I had my ear defenders in my bag so put them on as fast as possible, but had to find them. Doubt they made lots of difference. None of the ground crew, except for one, had ear protection. He looked straight at me when he saw my ear defenders. My wife was with my two young children going into a different entrance of the plane. She wouldn't have thought to put their ear defenders on and thinks i over think these things anyway.

It should become a criminal offence to subject people to such noises levels. It's not going to happen though. Makes me think about never flying again. In fact I didn't want to this time... and the above is what I got for it!

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      See in the US... there are signs for the employees that “hearing protection must be worn beyond this point,” before entering the ramp... but you are right... the passengers are on their own.

It’s an OSHA regulation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Of course, that warning should be on every d@mn MRI. I was expecting a 20 minute snooze, now I’ll probably have a lifetime without sleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    17. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I heard back from Dr. Mamatarina Rout. It would be an awfully long flight. I'm inquiring about the price of 1 or 2 injections. I'm still taking a high prednisone taper at the moment.

I know it's very disturbing to have tinnitus . But there is no emergency in treatment of it. As far as injection PRP concerned, you can plan a visit to India and we can inject you intratympanic. But other than that I can't prescribe meds on Facebook.

There are few patients of mine who are getting relieved from tinnitus and vertigo through PRP but there is no 100% guarantee in it... so if you want you can visit me and I can try one or 2 shots

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That won't do squat diddly. If you're seriously considering this therapy my recommendation would be Dr. Shim.

But even then, ask Tinnitard about his tinnitus and compare it with yours and see what his results were. However, you need to exhaust all other options first. Notice I have not recommended anyone to just up and go to this clinic. It is expensive, you will have scars on your back, and nothing is guaranteed.

Have you tried curcumin? NAC? Glutathione? Tinnitus Mix? I understand this condition is horrific and you are searching for a solution, just try and be patient. Try these other things first and foremost.

19. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @all to gain, how is your hearing now?
      Are you doing okay?

20. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Allan Mcmillan, are you still planning on traveling to India for IT PRP injections in early December?

21. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will probably wait and see if @Allan Mcmillan results are tangible. I would be reluctant to see Dr. Shim because of the costs and the latest results we've heard about.

@JohnAdams, have you looked into the circumstances involving @aldog? I thought you had a pretty good line of communication with Dr. Shim?

I have not had much luck with curcumin. That's why I'm trying prednisone again, albeit at a much higher tapered dose than in the past. I'm also seeing if prednisone affects my spinal situation.

I might give Tinnitus Mix another go.

My noise seems to shift from one ear to another quite often. I don't know if that means there is a neck muscle component to it?

22. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I feel terrible today, but then I do every day. But today I feel worse, I feel it has spiked.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know everything. Ask yourself this. Why would Shim suggest that he went to an MRI but none of the rest of us got such a recommendation? Was it because Aldo requested it himself? Who's idea was it?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it is because our auditory nerves are making junk connections in our brainstem, just like phantom limb syndrome. That's why I think tinnitus can change ears. If you're going to do Tinnitus Mix again you should wait until I remix it with rain sounds in the beginning and one entire 8 hour file with a Dropbox link so it is easier to fall asleep to and you don't have to fool with looping.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I highly highly recommend not to do the India clinic. How would fewer injections make any sense at all. This stuff is very weak and the India clinic doesn't use bone marrow either, plus it is India.

26. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know, was just asking. I don't know who would recommend an MRI for him. Usually an MRI would be to rule out an acoustic neuroma I thought? I thought he had some complication with his eardrum also?

27. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I do hope you get a break and get some sense of relief. I do know what you mean about never wanting to fly again...

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Cher2

Cher2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @JohnAdams... maybe I should already know this, but where does someone find Tinnitus Mix?

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ask him.

PRP is a powerful healing agent for the eardrum, so that part confuses me. I had 6 injections in each ear and was on a 14 hour flight later that same day. He very well could have had an ear infection develop, but I don't see how that would have hurt his eardrum so badly.

30. just1morething
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This bird was going to give me half price airfare to India if I ride on it's back. Sounds kinda scammy though.

upload_2019-11-16_14-28-3 (1).png

• Like Like x 1