Solsaem Clinic (Dr. Minbo Shim) Experience

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by JohnAdams, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      How much did Dr. Minbo Shim charge you? Did you have both the adult stem cells and PRP injected into your ears?

Did your eardrum heal up okay? Sounds like you are quite disappointed at this point in time.

Do you have regular contact with Dr. Minbo Shim?

What was the reason to have an MRI done?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Oh my, I am truly sorry you have had to deal with such an ordeal. I hope you a speedy recovery.

I hope people see now that this crock pot of a “doctor” is a scammer. He doesn’t know his ass from his elbow. On top of doing damage to his most recent patient, the patient also didn’t get any benefit. He also made the patient pay more for his own fuck up! That is absurd! We have things like the FDA for a reason!

No one that has gone has gotten better in terms of hearing or tinnitus. If your audiogram didn't improve, it didn’t get better!

I hope @JohnAdams finally sees that promoting this snake is actually hurting people. People have lost significant money as well doing damage to their auditory system. Admit that this guy is a snake to stop desperate people from going. You are almost just as guilty as Shim at this point. Accept that you are hurting people by promoting this piece of trash human.

It is sad that @aldog was encouraged to go by John and now he is in this current situation. I hope @JohnAdams can accept responsibility and admit his mistake before more people get hurt. Put your pride aside and do the right thing here. You pissed $20k+ away of your own money and now want to justify it. Just accept your losses and move on.

DO THE RIGHT THING! Stop promoting this scammer.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Responsibility for what asshole? I never told anyone to go to this clinic. I have consistently said that this needs to be further studied and have urged caution and due diligence to anyone that would consider this. I have also not declared that the improvements I have experienced were undoubtedly due to Dr. Shim's treatment. Also, not one single person that has followed in my footsteps actually consulted me about it beforehand.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 1
    4. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      @Tom Wilton infections following injections can be a side effect of any IT injection. In other words, even those receiving placebo injections in the FX-322 trial have the risk of getting an infection or hearing loss. It is rare, but it can happen, as we saw with Aldo’s case.

The thing I’m confused about is why the MRI was needed.

5. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Everyone who has gone has conversed with you in this posting. They found out about it because of this thread. If you think that you had no effect on people going, you are crazier than I thought.

I see I am no longer welcome here and the hive mind has been rustled. Don’t worry I’ll make sure the door doesn’t get me on the way out. ;)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's not even true. I can tell you are a good liar, I mean lawyer.

7. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      If you read through this forum long enough there is no "hive mind" and plenty of people have expressed reservations about Dr. Shim without resorting to a personal attack on JohnAdams.

What happened to Aldo breaks my heart to read but JohnAdams just reported on his experience. If people have a bad experience with Neuromod, are the people who reported glowing experiences to blame? I completely disagree with that line of thinking.

I have my own opinions about Dr. Shim (the fluctuating prices puts a bad taste in my mouth) but I am extremely grateful that people like John are brave enough to try things like this and report back.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    8. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Obviously @Tom Wilton is a troll and a bad one at that. He's a crazy and unrealistic jackass.

I support @JohnAdams even though we don't always see eye to eye. He's not the one to be blamed.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. aldog
      Alone

aldog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotic
      Approx 72 injections between PRP, dexamethasone and antibiotics, 4 weeks of treatment.

The MRI was done because the cause of my tinnitus was unknown. Nothing was found but it caused me a new acoustic trauma because I did not have proper hearing protection on, so I interrupted the scan, but the damage had already occurred.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The MRI should not have been done. He should at least give you your money back. That is only fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. aldog
      Alone

aldog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotic
      When I was in the scanner, they didn't initiate the emergency shutdown, so I had to indicate to them wanting a shutdown by patting on the MRI table. They said they had already taken almost the entire exam and they charged me more than $350USD.

12. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Scammers don’t give money back!

13. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      I mean he has a posting dedicated to the guy keeping him relevant...

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As of right now you have a total of 12 posts on this website. 7 of them are in this thread. Every time you make a post here the thread gets bumped. So, if anything, you're keeping him relevant.

15. Auron
      Pacman

Auron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Spring
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      John why do you think you experience this big swings in your hearing, some days you say you feel "almost healed", but other days seems like you fall backwards? Diet perhaps? Have you tried journaling what you did the days before your good and bad days?

Also what does your audiogram look like? Any dips below 10dB?

16. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Hi Aldo,

Thanks for answering our questions.

Did the Doctor take bone marrow from your pelvic bone to add to the PRP?

How’s your tympanic membrane now?

Thanks.

17. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      I spoke to Dr. Shim about the likelihood of infections during treatment. He said that he has only had one case that happened five years ago. When I pushed him about Aldo's case (I didn't name Aldo, but Shim seemed to know exactly who I was talking about), he said that he did not see an infection during the time of treatment, and that antibiotics were used to prevent infection. I continued to push, especially about the MRI (since Aldo definitely needs a refund for this), and Dr. Shim said that he did not recommend an MRI and he does not have an MRI machine at his office.

I tried to get answers on the tympanic membrane damage and its likelihood, but Dr. Shim denied any damage. When I pointed out that hearing damage had occurred, Dr. Shim also denied this.

Pretty bummed about this whole thing, as I had hope in this treatment and now it's all unraveled. Praying that Aldo improves.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it is an upward trend. If anything, sleep, stress, some noise, I do have a 3 year old.

19. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      @Artemis2K what are your thoughts on this treatment now? I know you did a lot of research.

20. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      To be honest, John did far more research than I did, and is probably a better judge than I because of his degree. That said, in my opinion the treatment is still worth the attention for the effects it seems to have on the synaptic ribbons. If I am understanding John correctly, his hearing loss wasn't necessarily improved, but his hidden hearing loss (the ability to filter through noise) and tinnitus was. According to what I have been reading, tinnitus and hidden hearing loss are thought to possibly come from the synaptic ribbons. Growth factors are also discussed by researchers when searching for a treatment or cure for tinnitus, so I believe that PRP is still a possible treatment for tinnitus and hidden hearing loss.

This is not my full response. I'll need to look into some stuff again before I make a better informative answer.

However, I will say, that despite that I think Shim is a pretty smart and genuine man that has been around for several years now, I don't necessarily think you should specifically go to him if you can help it. If there are alternatives, they should be considered.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      During my communication with Dr. Shim, I also found that he came across very genuine and sincere, but sadly he completely denied Aldo's story which completely changed my opinion of him. I guess it all turned out for the best, because I was very close to going for treatment during my winter break but at least now I know.

22. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did Shim say why Aldo's story was false?

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What did he deny about it?

24. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Well I asked what the chances of an infection happening during treatment were and he said very low--that he only had one case of it 5 years ago. I then talked to him about Aldo's situation (not by name, but Dr. Shim knew who I was referring to), and Dr. Shim denied any infection while Aldo was in treatment there. Dr. Shim said that antibiotics were used as a preventative measure for infection.

Then I asked about the MRI, which Dr. Shim again denied any part of, saying he did not recommend an MRI and that he does not have an MRI machine in his office.

Regarding the four week treatment procedure, Dr. Shim claimed that the patient (again no names, but safe to assume Aldo) had achieved reduction in tinnitus at the end of two weeks but wanted more treatment--despite apparently Dr. Shim advising him against it.

I tried to get answers on the tympanic membrane damage and its likelihood, but Dr. Shim denied any damage. When I pointed out that hearing damage had occurred, Dr. Shim also denied this and said that the patient's hearing and tinnitus had improved.

Essentially, it seemed like he was just trying to convince me as a potential customer that Aldo was the one lying, which makes absolutely zero sense.

• Winner Winner x 1
    25. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      The whole thing.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have concerns about all of this...

Let me do some research.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    27. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know of the full situation, so I don't know. You'd have to ask John about it. He was there at the same time Aldo was for a good bit.

28. Tom Wilton

Tom Wilton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Exposure
      Seems like the scammer is trying to cover his tracks. A true snake in the grass. Pretty obvious he doesn’t want people knowing he botched a procedure and is straight lying through his crooked teeth.

What do you have to say about this obvious lying @JohnAdams?

What research you gunna do? Call up your buddy Shim and ask him why he is covering up his botched procedure?

So sad that people are still considering going to this hack after zero results, botched procedures, lying, and refusing to discuss procedure specifics with people who message him.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Like the fact that I cannot find any records of a registered lawyer named Tom Wilton anywhere? You are obsessed man, just look at your avatar. You really remind me of someone.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    30. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      Let us know what you find.