Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Broken stereo cilia can not regenerate.

Those that ‘got better?’ had mild tinnitus and habituated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To PeteJ and Jazzer:

Julian Cowan Hill has frequently stated that he had such a severe case that he could not hear the other person on the line during a phone call. By learning to neutralize his anger / fear response, he "let go" of the tinnitus and it "let go" of him. He is now in a state of permanent total silence.

If you dare, check out his recent hour long discussions with Joey Remenyi on YouTube.

What a slog through a morass of pseudoscientific, unsubstantiated, easily disprovable drivel.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. bobvann
      Cheeky

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Julian Cowan Snake.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. musicblue

musicblue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NoiseExposure/Stress?

• Funny Funny x 2
    5. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      You can sometimes get severe tinnitus from vascular problems or TMJ and those are currently treatable.

• Like Like x 1
    6. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @Telis comes to mind...

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild 2000-2018 sev 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      One year... and not better... actually worse... but I see no breakthroughs have happened...

At one time my mild tinnitus did go away...

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I feel awful. Raging tinnitus and raging headache, and still no sleep. I just want to sleep for months, or forever. I don't care. This is not life. I don't think I can make it until regenerative medicine or any treatment comes along.

• Hug Hug x 10
      • Agree Agree x 4
    9. Gabriel5050
      No Mood

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      @Kriszti I know how you feel, buddy. I'm not doing as bad as you are but I recognize the feeling. Please know you're not alone. Personally, the more I think about my life, the more I hate it and how I can't be normal. We're going to listen. If there's any moment in history we can hope for a cure and a better future it is now. 2020 has been hard, but hard times make strong people, and we ARE strong for the simple fact we carry on every single day. I wish you, and everyone here, good fortune.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I feel alone.

I feel if there was some revolutionary treatment coming soon, there would be news and reports of people being helped from them.

Also, I don't see how these treatments are going to be a universal help to so many people no matter their state or condition of tinnitus. Honestly, I am only interested in something that works with severely loud tinnitus.

I don't know what people talk about in the research/treatment section but I haven't read anything that sounds encouraging to me.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Orions Pain
      Dreaming

Orions Pain Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Knowing I can be out of here by the end of of the month with a few clicks is so tempting. Hyperacusis doesn’t get better, tinnitus grows louder. I don’t plan on being here much longer. Life is full of misery anyways, so mind as well end it now.

• Hug Hug x 9
    12. dipp
      Moonlighting

dipp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Maybe stress and acoustic trauma
      Feeling awful. I don't know what to do. I feel hopeless. So tired of this.

• Hug Hug x 6
    13. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Same here. I'm overwhelmed with the emotions and although my suicidial ideation subsided previously, tonight my head was raging like crazy. I'm almost 4 months in, all noises are there, no change, only spikes... Will I ever habituate???

• Hug Hug x 5
    14. dipp
      Moonlighting

dipp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What do you mean by "with a few clicks"?

15. Selah1281

Selah1281 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Probably ordering stuff off the internet. I got all the pieces to form my “exit bag” from Amazon. Not to say I’m going to use it right now, but I have it when I need it.

Tinnitus is the least of my problems presently. My main tinnitus has improved in volume to manageable. However, reactivity is still horrible to where I barely go anywhere and I can’t listen to music for more than a few minutes a day or talk on a phone without pain and spiking. Hyperacusis is constant with intermittent noxacusis, ear popping and pressurization problems drive me insane all day every day. I can take hardly any medications period without a spike. Same for the majority of supplements. Exercise spiking tinnitus makes exercise not enjoyable. Instead of being rewarded with feeling better I’m punished with louder tinnitus that then gives me higher stress for several hours. I’ve been on benzos that cause me horrible brain fog for over a year and the only reason I don’t stop is I’m afraid it will make my tinnitus worsen. I’m just managing to take care of my three children and virtual school them all now during the pandemic so any disruption of that will cause upheaval of my life again just like it did when I first got tinnitus.

All treatment options seem hopeful for helping general tinnitus (not making light of it, I had 10/10 tinnitus in the beginning and I don’t know how I made it through without killing myself till I got benzos), but the array of other problems I have there’s no discussion of or trialing for by the pharmaceutical companies. Only some talk on here of the hope it will help these other indications.

Sorry for the tangent.

• Hug Hug x 5
    16. dipp
      Moonlighting

dipp Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Please be strong. I hope the best for you.

The info for getting that exit bag is on a famous pdf that you have to pay for, right? I don't know how you do it, but I'm worried about the efficacy of the method. Anyway I'd like to know more about this method in case that I need it, but I also would travel to Switzerland to get an assisted suicide.

• Hug Hug x 4
    17. Kpikid

Kpikid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      Your situation could be worse. You could be blind or have no arms or legs and still have tinnitus. The tinnitus loves attention. Stop giving in.

The more you concentrate on it the louder it gets. Hypercausis sucks but your hearing does improve remarkably after the incident that caused it.

You cannot escape it. It is with you for life and it only gets louder. I used to work at war pensions. Those who served and was near loud explosions got tinnitus. Those guys and gals lived to their late 80's and still got on with life. Why don't you deal with it?

Think of it as a friend and maybe it will subside. Anyone can commit suicide and it is a brave thing to do, but so is living with an impairment. I play video games to keep my mind off tinnitus.

I'm going slowly deaf with acoustic shock.

Soon I won't hear anything except the jet turbines on 100% going off in my head. You can get used to anything, like a bad smell. I think when I go totally deaf, then my tinnitus problem will resolve itself.

I will still be here through, through it all.

• Hug Hug x 2
    18. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @Kpikid what kind of sounds do you have in your ears/head?
      Did you get used to it like a bad smell? So why did you say the below, you go on sleep deprivation and use tranquilizers?

19. Orions Pain
      Dreaming

Orions Pain Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I wish I had my supplies. I want out. I’d do it tonight but impulse decisions usually fail. I wish I could just euthanize myself and fall asleep and escape this hell.

• Hug Hug x 5
    20. ajc

ajc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      No offense, but you used some kind of animated character with fake computer generated voice? Your video lacked any emotional punch.

Why didn't you film yourself?

@Jazzer's video was emotionally gripping.

Dave's Tinnitus Story

• Winner Winner x 1
    21. BrStan79

BrStan79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I removed it. I agree it would have a bigger impact if I was filming myself.

22. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      BrStan - I don’t get it.
      What’s going on?

23. BrStan79

BrStan79 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I made a video to create awareness but it was not a good one. I need to do another, better one.

• Hug Hug x 2