Suicidal

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don’t think anyone here actually wants to die. We just don’t want to live like this. If you can even call this living.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Hug Hug x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @Yuuls -- A LOT of people! Love conquers all, even the little things like the inability to go out to bars and restaurants.

• Winner Winner x 3
    3. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Even if love conquers all, I think there is a huge difference between loving someone who later develops tinnitus and trying to date and meet people with tinnitus. Tinnitus is so limiting and so anxiety inducing for me at least that restaurants, bars are just the tip of the iceberg. I'm afraid to go to movies, exhibitions, theater or even just leave my place, so dating seems to be impossible. I'm anxious and frustrated all the time and very, very afraid of sounds and worsening. I would not want to be a burden on an other person and screw up his life too. Also, I really like kids, but very scared of a potential pregnancy's effect on tinnitus, and kids are so freaking loud. Who would want to put up with all of these issues? I had been depressed way before tinnitus, but this is a new kind of hell.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Hug Hug x 4
    4. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      100% agree. And all the guys that I do know that have tinnitus have a very very mild case of it so it will be hard to get past that “overreacting with ear plugs” phase. I definitely agree on the feeling like a burden thing. I don’t want someone to miss out on certain life experiences or have them ruined by my anxiety.

• Hug Hug x 5
    5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I’ve been married for 25 years now and lately all I’m thinking is that I should suggest divorce to my husband, this burden eventually becomes everyone’s burden and I can’t accept that.
      He goes everywhere alone while I’m at home unable to participate in life.
      He could still meet someone and live the rest of his life just like any other normal person.
      I’m absolutely devastated what my life turned into... because of (out of all body parts) two f....g HOLES in my head!!!!

• Hug Hug x 15
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Horrorpopz

Horrorpopz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure/meds/who knows?
      I think we are both right, we wanna live, but not like that, which makes me at least not wanna live much.
      There re so many lifestyles, some people enjoy being home 10 times more than leaving, there's hope :D

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If one more person tells me to be very grateful that this is not life-threatening, I'm gonna lose it. Belittling the problem does not help.

• Agree Agree x 12
      • Hug Hug x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. Horrorpopz

Horrorpopz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Come on Valeri, he's a great person with many qualities beyond your diseases and issues.

If you love him and he loves you (which I'm sure he does because he's still with you in this insane fight), you guys are going to pass through it.

And after all, he's still living, he keeps going out, and by the end of the day always coming back home for you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    9. mrbrightside614

mrbrightside614 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I often wish it was so at least we’d have 1) concern from the medical community and 2) and end in sight that was out of our hands.

• Agree Agree x 5
    10. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I see your point but married life should be more than doing your own thing!
      I feel guilty, extremely guilty and sad...

• Hug Hug x 3
    11. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      This isn't aimed directly at you but everyone here who's feeling like they do. It's a tip for masking at night time that literally made my life SOOOO much better and was a game changer for me. If i think about the rest of my life like this yeah its also SOO depressing but I try not to think about it. Ok so here is my number one tip for night time.

Download the 'Sleep Sounds' app from the Play Store on your phone.
      Go to YouTube ripper and download whatever rain masking sounds you like on YouTube into MP3.
      Place phone under your pillow at night and i use the gentle rain sound on the app.
      MP3 playing YouTube sources externally next to my bed.

I don't hear it anymore, both ears are masked and I sleep like normal. This routine/technique literally has saved my life probably. Habituation is not possible if your tinnitus is anything other than very mild so trying to 'get used to it' its bad advice if you ask me and you should try to mask it 100 percent and have as much comfort as possible.

I don't fear bed time anymore, I know how to deal with it. I'm lucky in the day time outside the house I don't hear it much, rest of time I either use music tv or masking on laptop to cover it. I don't think about it anymore and as a result I'm no longer trapped in a depression or anxious state.

Try it, i hope it helps someone/anyone here.

• Like Like x 2
    12. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      There's been several postings just within the last several days about healthcare being very irresponsible to find one's tinnitus cause. We do need a cure for the ringing, but we also need all in the tinnitus space to express a priority that healthcare have more awareness for those with tinnitus.

With a search on any issue(s) that may cause tinnitus, there's are thousands of medical science articles/studies that discuss systematic cause. Tinnitus is an effect from something gone wrong and that wrong is causing the ringing or pulsing. There's just too much emphasis being place on cause such as with polling and survey's on basics, such as does your jaw and neck hurt. How many times does this basic information need to be collected.

Some within the medical tinnitus space and other spaces get funds, grants, paychecks and clients from this. It's nothing more than first grade. Issues are more complexed and healthcare needs to be more understanding towards those with tinnitus. We will never radiate this problem, but maybe with more awareness, your doctor and dentist may show a little more concern. I just wish that tinnitus conferences would catch on to our real needs. We will need to address government and medical associations. This would be a way for hospitals, doctors and dentists to be educated and with need to start showing concern. I do doubt that lots can be achieved as time and expense are issues and that which associates to insurance companies, hospitals, doctors and dentists.

Thoughts @Markku and @Hazel

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    13. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      I used to think in the early days. I will go to my local ER saying I want to off myself. Then realized they will hold me and prolly pump me with antidepressant. No significant help would be offered.

• Agree Agree x 3
    14. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      My tinnitus is through the roof. I am trying to get a gun but I was hoping I can last until I receive more money.

I am kinda scared to use an exit bag. My tinnitus is not reducing and the current state is hell. Every day I want to die. I know some people think my survival instinct will kick in but I don't think so. When the tinnitus is through the roof, I think I can do it.

I bet everyone who has committed suicide from this has done it when their tinnitus was loudest or when it was exceptionally loud.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Getting harder and harder to hang in there every day.
      What is the point of being here if I am miserable daily.
      What am I living for? Like there is no purpose. The purpose of life is to live, to make memories, make mistakes and learn and move on. Life won’t be perfect, but you’re not supposed to be miserable all the time. It’s one thing to be depressed from things that have a solution. There is no solution to this hell.

I can’t go a single day without looking up the least painless ways to exit.

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Agree Agree x 3
    16. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The Lenire review thread looks like a mess to me.

There are so many intangibles to tinnitus.

Presence of hearing loss? Volume and severity, pitch, number of tones and what the tinnitus sounds like, hyperacusis? Ear pain? How long or total duration of tinnitus etc.

It's so discouraging. This is all we have and only some people are able to use it and for most, it doesn't help.

• Agree Agree x 4
    17. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      A few days before I went to the fucking concert that ruined my life, a guy at work was telling me how ears were one of the worst things to have injured because you're always listening. I should've read the fucking sign and not gone. I will never forgive myself for allowing the murder of the happy, full of life, fun loving guy that I was.

FX-322 and the other drugs can't come fast enough. Not only do I want to eradicate the tinnitus I've been cursed with since I was a fucking 10 year old, but I want ALL of my hearing back. That's right, all the way to 20kHz you motherfuckers make it happen!! I want all my hair cells firing on all synapses. No more screeching tones. No more crackling eardrum, no more distortions and hyperacusis bullshit.

• Agree x 8
      • Hug x 4
      • Genius x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Winner x 1
    18. Horrorpopz

Horrorpopz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Amen LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    19. bobvann
      Ape-like

bobvann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Same. I had a feeling I was getting tinnitus. Took a break from the electronic drums, went to Mexico, came back then to what I refer the 15 minutes that wrecked my life when I tried playing them again. Problem is I kinda knew about tinnitus but had no clue what hyperacusis was & had developed it.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @Tweedleman did everyone one else end up with tinnitus?
      Mine just happened but when I have a spike I go into self blame mode. I try avoid that now as it causes me anger on top of all the other emotions. Once you stop, a weight is lifted. What would you say to a mate?

@valeri at the end of the day you’re the one feeling all of this, he still gets to have an ok life. At least we are appreciative spouses and parents as we see the bigger picture with this condition. The ones around us could have worse companions...

To all newbies - you imagine that our whole life is going to be a repetition of this horrible period over and over again, that’s what freaks you out... but it probably won’t be.

Don't get me wrong, things aren’t always a picnic... but, keep an open mind.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    21. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How can life not be a repetition of this horrible period? Struggling to be able to see it this way

22. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Fading and/or habituation.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Because most people adapt to tinnitus and have ups and downs with it. I’m going through a rough patch but had a few ok months in Autumn...

• Like Like x 2
    24. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      From the sound of it, your tinnitus is moderate, you will get used to it.

25. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You will get your sleep back, it just takes some time for people who needed silence to sleep.
      Now that you have this high pitch noise your brain doesn't like it, but it will get used to it.
      Try not to stress about it too much - easier said than done.
      Once the noise becomes a part of you, you wont believe it now, but it will happen.

• Hug Hug x 1
    26. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yeah like Allan1967.

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went for a walk outside today in a very hilly area. This is the second day in a row that this has happened but my hissing sound disappears and gets replaced with a vacuum sound in my right ear specifically. I’d describe it as not the sound a vacuum makes when you’re right by it, but the high pitched whine you hear if it’s in another room.

Wtf ears :( I wonder if it’s from traffic noise or from my heart rate going up. I always start to hear it towards the end of my hour long walk.

I thought I was starting to do a bit better by making myself be productive instead of laying in bed depressed but now I’m thinking staying inside might be a better option :(

• Hug Hug x 5
    28. Yuuls
      Dreaming

Yuuls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I sure hope so.

• Hug Hug x 2
    29. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Your tinnitus is very new. It ought to continue to change, albeit incredibly slowly. Don't assume that you will be stuck with what you are hearing now.

• Like Like x 1
    30. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Is it selfish to not want to be part of a world you can’t live comfortably in?

Is it selfish to want to end it all because none of the things you imagined for yourself will come true and you will never be emotionally fulfilled?

Healthy people are able to get past the impeding doom of their bodies deteriorating from age because they get to enjoy life for a long time before things kick in

Why should I suffer if I’m in my 20’s and I’m already struggling and it’s only going to get worse from here on out?

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1