Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Bambam0
      Cool

Bambam0 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rock 'n Roll
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Did you even read this article?

"The doctors said the reactions appear to be harmless, but could be mistaken for more serious conditions."

They also said it cleared up shortly after it started...

• Like Like x 1
    3. kingsfan
      Haunting

kingsfan Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      9-17-2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      turning everything up to 11
    4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I know someone who had this side effect from the Moderna vaccine. It lasted maybe a week, really not a big concern. She was more annoyed with how thoroughly Moderna wanted to track its progression, had to submit daily photos and correspond with them. Sounds like they’re being cautious with side effects that have obvious connections.

A rash on the injection arm from a vaccine is not an unusual side effect. My children are still going through childhood vaccinations and boosters. I have spent a lot of time at doctor appointments discussing the risk of potential common and rare side effects versus overall vaccine benefits. Risk analysis is such an important component of decision making, especially for anyone with anxiety.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The rash photos in the New York Post article do not seem like significant news to me. I think almost every year for my annual flu shot it caused a rash that looks like the photos of Patient 4 or Patient 7. I just assumed that everyone got these temporary rashes from vaccinations.

The prospect of permanently worsened tinnitus worries me a lot. A temporary rash at the injection site worries me not at all, it seems like almost a non-event.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    6. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The rash wasn't my point at all. If you paid attention to my points at all, I was establishing a pattern of side effects and serious issues as a result of these COVID-19 vaccines.

They were supposed to be "harmless." Yeah, right. Blood clots and rashes aren't the worst ones.

New Side Effect From mRNA COVID Vaccines?

A Virginia man who got Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine developed a severe rash that spread over his entire body

There's an obvious systematic agenda to push these vaccines no matter what even when large and peculiar rashes are occurring. I think most of you guys are gullible sheep. But, if you want to believe the mainstream BS of "no big deal/it's normal, even good," by all means...

When adverse effects keep popping up and people shrug them off, explaining them away because they are brainwashed and psychologically conditioned, then all you can do is say, "okay, go ahead, but don't force others."

If it's so beneficial, you should be satisfied with your own self vaccinated.
      A 3rd one, wow. :) Aren't you supposed to wear 2 or 3 masks now?

What about the variants? Prediction: either you have to take COVID-19 vaccines every year (maybe 3 jabs?) or maybe wait for yet another new vaccine or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Sigh. Just: sigh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    8. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.
      :rolleyes: :facepalm: :popcorndrink:

• Like Like x 1
    9. ColinUK

ColinUK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2013 initial, worsened 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Initial Music Gig, Worsened Cinema or possible covid
      Well I have come to the conclusion that I am going to get the vaccine today. All my family have so far received vaccinations and none have had any side effects apart from sore arms. I know that doesn't mean anything, but basically I have come to the conclusion that the risk of not getting the vaccine outweighs the risk of getting it.

I was speaking to my sister who sent me a post from one of her friends who's a GP who is actually only in her 30s and she is wheelchair bound now struggles to walk a few steps and breath due to long COVID-19 and has no idea when or if she will get better.

So what I do know:
      • Nearly 20 million people have been given the Oxford Vaccine in the UK (apparently the one I'm getting), approx 6k of those have bothered to fill in a yellow card reporting tinnitus. And you have to think, just looking at stats, approx 150k-200k of those people suffer from bothersome tinnitus before getting the jab.
      • I'm scared and anxious, but I am scared and anxious regarding everything everyday now about my hearing and tinnitus fear stops me doing a lot and makes my tinnitus worse.
      • If I get COVID-19 chances are statistically that it's going to be a lot worse for my ears and tinnitus than the vaccine and could end up killing me or giving me even more problems, worse hearing, worse tinnitus, damaging my lungs and goodness knows what
      • COVID-19 isn't going anywhere. My partner works in a hospital and I have a young daughter so I am going to be exposed. It's not like I can lock myself up and never have contact with anyone.
      • People here on these forums (me included) have tried all different kinds of supplements and some people drugs on hearsay in the hope that something might improve, but none of these have had any kind of clinical trials or safety things yet people try... these vaccines are being given to people across the globe millions of people have had them without any issue and the safety profile is probably better than any drug or medicine ever created when you look at how many people are getting it as opposed to the adverse events.
      • If any of these drugs come out that give a chance of improving tinnitus I will probably be eating them or injecting them like candy and be dammed to the side effects.
      Anyway that's just my thought process going into this. I pray that I go get the vaccine and I have no reaction with my hearing and tinnitus, then it can be over and I have some protection against this horrible virus. If I get a reaction no doubt I am going to struggle to cope and no doubt I will then be blaming myself, but what can you do. I could step outside and someone could go by with a stupid exhaust and it makes things worse.

I will report back in the other thread after my jab.

• Like Like x 7
    10. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Every single medication / vaccine has side effects. I don't mean to scary you, but guess what... people have died as a side effect of taking ASPIRIN. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Is this some conspiracy to keep killing people because it is on shelves? NO!

The side effects of the vaccines are at less than 1%, just like every singe medication on earth. This doesn't make it a conspiracy or that we are all sheeple for taking it. There is an inherent risk in everything we do, it is just so low majority of the time we don't think about it.

The blood clot issue was like 6 in 1,000,000. That is so insanely low and I wouldn't worry about it. You are more likely to get permanent hearing damage from COVID-19 than the vaccine, which btw is around 10% - 25%.

I don't even understand you pointing out the side effects on here like it's a revelation. If you don't get vaccinated, you will eventually get COVID-19, I can guarantee it. You will then have a 10% - 25% chance of developing permanent hearing loss vs less than 1% from the vaccine. We are not even getting into the other long term COVID-19 side effects, which also is around the 10% -25% area.

I honestly can't fathom that someone would argue against the vaccine when we know how significantly more destructive COVID-19 is to the human body. Literally mind-blowing.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      It's messed up millions of people around the world in many ways, and this includes my mom and me. @PeteJ talks about the media all the time, but when you've had it, and it creates problems with your health, the media is irrelevant. Not believing it is one thing, but forcing that belief onto others is just crazy and dangerous.

@Jack Straw is right. It's not new to note that medications have side effects. Drugs interact with everyone in a unique way which is why scientists are moving towards tailor-made medications based on one's genetic make-up.

I also don't understand the anti-vax sentiment. It's ultimately about understanding and evaluating risk, and I believe it's everyone's right to decide if they want it or not. Nobody should be forced to have it. The evidence suggests that there's a significantly higher chance of one having health issues after contracting COVID-19 than after having a vaccination, but it's up to each individual to make their choice.

12. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      That's absolutely right. The obvious systemic agenda is to push the vaccines in order to eliminate sickness and death caused by COVID-19, and enable return to normal life.

• Agree Agree x 3
    13. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I agree with the last part.

Are you against mandatory vaccines? Do you pro-COVID-19 vaccine types agree or disagree with the government and public health restricting people's access to places like schools, stores, supermarkets, airports, unless they have proof of a COVID-19 vaccination?

Because if you support that, then you are contradicting yourself as it wouldn't be a choice.

I reiterate, I think it's everyone's choice to get a vaccine and if you believe COVID-19 is so dangerous, you are willing to take an experimental jab in the arm, that's your prerogative.

I am more concerned with governments, health and media (and often including collusion by businesses and corporations) to restrict people's access to normal/necessary places.

I hope people (here) understand my principles. If you get a vaccine, I would assume you believe you are "protected" so why demand that others vaccinate?

14. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Lane, for someone who is definitely going to get one of the mRNA vaxx, what supplementing / neuroprotective stuff would YOU do? The list of stuff I am planning to do for the week before and at least one week after:

* No alcohol
      * Extra hydration
      * Magnesium citrate daily
      * NAC daily
      * Vitamin D & E daily
      * Vitamin B-12 (non-cyano) daily
      * Turmeric daily
      * possibly APAP

My thinking is "the tinnitus and audiological impact that some people get from the vaxx's and far more people get from COVID-19 itself, are the result of inflammatory damage to hearing related cells", so anything that reduces inflammation and supports lots of water moving through the body is good. That said it would be directly counterproductive to actually take Prednisone, since that would suppress the very immune response the vaxx is designed to evoke.

I realize we don't necessarily see this issue 100% the same, but, given that I am going to get the Pfizer jab, I am curious what you think of my plan here and if there's anything you'd add or subtract that I can easily order and have delivered before 5/5.

• Like Like x 1
    15. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      THE HORROR! How dare these awful politicians and healthcare professionals use any tool in their power to protect their population and economy. (Unfortunately, in many cases it seems to be "protect the economy and then maybe the people", which, uh, is... not working out so well).

• Funny Funny x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The fact you are asking this question means you don't understand the very, very basics of how vaccines work and interact with a social culture. The fact that you are asking this question in April 2021 makes me think you're living in your own reality. People here have provided answers with links to relevant datasets, etc.

Given that you are well beyond school age, it's no one's job to educate you, and you seem incapable of educating yourself on this issue. I feel very sad about this because you are not the only person in this situation and it's a sign of how badly our media, institutions and governments have failed us. The thinking you are exhibiting isn't "random", it's the result of your consumption of very deliberately seeded misinformation campaigns originating from a myriad of places, from weird-ass hippy Healing Crystal salesmen, to Koch Brothers aligned think tanks.

Reading posts like this that originate in the US makes me feel very sad about our educational system and its inability to have raised a generation of people capable of processing information reasonably in the internet.

We'll get through COVID-19, but, overall we're pretty doomed between climate change and the fact that something like 40% of people are much happier to believe comforting conspiracy theories than observable facts.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      We have already had that discussion either on this thread or the other one.

18. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      What is APAP?

Maybe you should consider Nicotinamide Riboside, some people swear by it here. I'm taking it too.

19. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good call, I actually have some and I consider it very safe. APAP is Tylenol, which is definitely NOT safe, but it's also not very dangerous and it is one hell of an anti-inflammatory. Unfortunately it's correlated with hearing loss itself.
      The convergence of "healing crystal hippies" (typically leftists) and Koch think tanks (hard corporate right) is interesting and disturbing here; prior to QANON these groups tended to be very different in their thoughts and goals. But, the weirdness of 2020, and Q, sort of provided a banner of convergence. This is only relevant to COVID-19 in that, unlike, with, say, Ebola, there's really no division left between "leftist conspiracy theories that spread out of fear" and "corp-right conspiracy theories that spread out of a willful effort to maximize quarterly profits". So, COVID-19 truthers sort of regurgitate the same lines, regardless of where they are on the political spectrum. This isn't the first time in US history that the conspiracy theorists have been aligned, but, by pure numbers there's a lot more of them now and the internet makes it very easy to find a reason to believe whatever you want.

Again, we'll get through COVID-19, but, we're really seeing the cracks in the system and while I am bullish on my quality of life in my own little slice of the world here in the short to mid term, I'm pretty bearish on the next 30-40 years of US and global history :-/

20. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Please could you cite it, then.

I thought if I was so "uneducated" and you already had a discussion on the topic (re: my question), you would be interested in "educating" me.

From my P.O.V., it just seems like a deflection or evasion. Why?

Because, you support government denying rights and access to those places. I don't know of any "COVID-19 believers" who are okay with those not vaccinated having access - ever.

Is "normal/acceptable," 70% vaccinated? Is there an acceptable number? /I just be an uneducated commoner who dunno./

:rolleyes:

21. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      This is a helpful list! I have heard to make sure to drink plenty of water or drinks with electrolytes (like Gatorade) prior to and after vaccination.

For anyone with allergies, I would add contact your allergist. Mine recommended increasing my allergy meds to make sure I have no inflammation or other allergy symptoms contributing to how I feel post-vaccine.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'm not evading your question, Pete, you can find what was said here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/coronavirus-sars-cov-2-covid-19-and-tinnitus.39916/page-81

I don't support the government denying rights, and it's not up to me to educate you. You can find information about all this stuff yourself. Vaccination programs are more about protecting others/the community than about protecting oneself. The objective is to reduce illness and death amongst the population, and that's exactly what they do.
      Where have I said that I support the government denying people rights and access to places?

23. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      It sounds like you've really thought this through and are doing what's best for you based on your individual circumstances. I appreciate each bullet point you've provided and thank you for sharing.

Good luck! Please do let us know how it goes. Thanks again for taking the time to post your decision, and please do report back.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I'm preparing with most things on this list. I haven't come across Magnesium citrate in my internet travels. Would you please tell me about it as it relates to preparing for pre- and post-vaccine? Thanks!!!

Also, in addition to what's on your list, I am going to do high-dose Vitamin C before and after. I've started with 1000 mg liposomal Vitamin C, and will probably go to two doses of that daily in the days before and after. I read an article from a mom whose 18-month old had severe brain inflammation/staggering/screaming reaction to the DPT shot. The next time the mom gave this child a vaccine, she used the Vitamin C as an overall anti-inflammatory agent, and her child did well.

Anecdotal report without scientific citations, yes. But, my personal choice is to do this as I feel temporary higher levels of Vitamin C are okay for my body.

(With any internet post I make about stuff like this, I always make sure folks know that it's a personal choice for me and not a recommendation for others unless they check with their physician, etc.).

Thanks for any info about the Magnesium citrate. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. MaryA

MaryA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moderna Vaccine
      Hello @Goofyfoot.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. You are one of the few people who felt the same sensations as me. That sort of vibration between the ears. And a fullness. I finally am not feeling as much fullness and vibration but the level of tinnitus has only subsided a little in 71 days. I am still holding out hope it will eventually go away or improve but as time goes on it is imperative to keep reminding myself to stay hopeful and not get discouraged. Wishing you peace. Will be praying for your restoration to full health!

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      You might want to add Selenium as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      And Alpha-Lipoic Acid!

28. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      You might want to try Magnesium Bisglycinate instead, unless you like a lot of trips to your bathroom.

29. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Thinking on whether there is a connection between the vaccines, hearing loss and tinnitus and wondering how that would even be established given the incident rate falls within normal expected levels.

For example, consider SSHL. An estimated 66,000 Americans experience SSHL each year with 90 percent having unknown causes. That is approximately 5,500 people a month. Looking at the VAERS data, there are 200 reports of hearing loss for vaccinations given over the course of three months. More reports could be coming, but it would still fall well below the normal expected rate.

I think estimates of tinnitus put it at 10 percent of the population. Does anyone know how many new cases happen each year? The number of reports of tinnitus account for less than half a percent of all vaccinations.

There was a study several years ago on whether the flu vaccination caused hearing loss as reported in VAERS. The study found the risk of SSHL before and after vaccination was essentially the same.

The Pfizer vaccine is going through trials with children. Does anyone know when that data will be available? If children are experiencing SSHL or tinnitus, then it would be an obvious connection. But if they’re not, is this just a case of bizarre timing? Is it triggering an event that was set to happen anyway?

Just a jumble of random questions on my weekend morning as I procrastinate doing laundry!

• Like Like x 3
    30. NuNu

NuNu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/27/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firing guns
      Wish me luck, just got the needle. It’ll be hard to tell how effected my tinnitus is on the first dose. I’ve had a gnarly ear infection that’s almost gone. I’ll keep y’all updated though.

• Like Like x 2