Will You Get Vaccinated for Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Can It Make Tinnitus or Hyperacusis Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Will you get vaccinated for coronavirus?

1. Yes, right away, as soon as possible, when the first vaccine becomes available

2. Yes, planning to, but I will wait a while to see if there are any potential long-term side effects

3. Maybe, I haven't decided yet one way or another

4. No, I'm not going to get vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      A couple of paramedics I know are going to be force jabbed if they want to keep their jobs. They're front line NHS workers, fine with all manner of vaccine, and given what they have to deal with on a daily basis are very level people not prone to panic. That said, regarding the COVID-19 vaccine they're deeply concerned and just don't want to take it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    2. Static Sophie 73

Static Sophie 73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Deadly for some but for most people it’s not. Now if it was Ebola that would be different.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      And the vaccines are deadly to none ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Static Sophie 73 -- Just out of curiosity, what would you consider an acceptable rate of death from a COVID-19 vaccine?

5. Nobody19

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Why are they concerned? The data so far point out that the vaccines are safe and, in Pfizer's case, work really well. No clinical trial has finished yet, so let's wait for the results before we make any claims.

6. Nobody19

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Adverse events from vaccines appear 2 months after injection at the latest. By the time we'll be able to get vaccinated, we'll know if these side effects are rampant (spoiler: data made available so far is not showing this).

• Like Like x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have to respectfully disagree. I've heard at least one person has already died, and at least many others have had some pretty serious "side effects". And that's from a relatively small group of volunteers doing the vaccine trials. I think it's a safe bet that if millions are vaccinated, there will be many more deaths (such as with the HPV vaccine), and perhaps thousands permanently injured to the point of being unable to get out of bed (such as with the HPV vaccine).

I don't believe that for a moment. Doing something as bad as smoking often doesn't lead to noticeable adverse effects for years. Why wouldn't it be the same for just about anything else that has the potential to have major effects on the body? Especially after doing something as impactful as creating an exaggerated immune response in a delicate immune system!

My understanding is many of the people dying of COVID-19 is a result of the immune system going into overdrive and creating a cytokine storm. The same thing can happen relatively easily with vaccinations when the goal is to create an exaggerated immune response. This is the reason for adjuvants in vaccines, which are way to loosely regulated.

Vaccinations are a very complex undertaking with literally millions of unknown variables with each individual given one. There's no possible way vaccines can be made that are safe for everybody. Some people are going to be harmed, it's an absolute given. I don't have a problem with people choosing to get a COVID-19 vaccine if they make that choice.

But I have major problems with forced vaccinations (of any kind). I believe there's a spiritual principle involved here. Some people say we should get vaccinations "for the greater good". My perspective is that if even one person has to suffer for this greater good, then it's not for the greater good, even though it may appear that way.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I believe the vaccine was going to be mandatory for certain groups of people in Denmark, but after nine days of protests the people prevailed. For now.

We have got to stop the insanity!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    9. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      I was going to answer this but @Lane has already said everything I wanted to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. Nobody19

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Lol comparing smoking to a vaccine, okay.

Before claiming that someone has died in the trials, could you provide proof?

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For anybody who is forced to get a COVID-19 vaccination, or chooses to get it because you think the risk/reward ratio is worth it, I'd recommend reading the following two articles. It gives some practical tips on how you can reduce the risk substantially. -- Though it's not mentioned in the article, I think learning how to nebulize glutathione would also almost assuredly increase the safety profile as well (it's relatively inexpensive, and can be used for any kind of toxic exposure).

Don't Vaccinate without Vitamin C
      by Helen Saul Case

Vaccinations, Vitamin C, and "Choice"
      by Helen Saul Case

(OMNS, Feb 13, 2016) Some folks are pretty appalled that my husband and I had our children vaccinated. People write and tell me that vaccinations are dangerous. They warn me about the side effects of this vaccine and that one. They share alternative, natural ways to improve immunity. What we've got here is a failure to communicate. I am sorry that I did not explain myself better the first time. -- Don't Vaccinate Without Vitamin C

Let's fix that.

Vaccinations can be dangerous
      You don't have to tell me this. I already know. I watched my child suffer a severe vaccine reaction before my very eyes. Seeing my 15 month old baby, screaming, trying to walk to me but not being able to because she was stumbling and falling over and uncoordinated, is a vision I will never be able to get out of my mind. It was horrific.

I also watched high dose, saturation level vitamin C return her to normal. I will never forget this either.

But why didn't I just stop the shots right then and there?...

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First COVID-19 Vaccine 90% Effective?

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
      • Pfizer, in a joint venture with BioNTech, announced that their mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate, BNT162b2, was “more than 90% effective” in a Phase 3 trial
      • While Pfizer did release a clinical protocol of its trial, it only issued a press release; data for the interim analysis has not been peer reviewed or published
      • Infectious disease expert William Haseltine criticized COVID-19 vaccine trials, including Pfizer’s, saying their protocols reveal that they’re “designed to prove their vaccines work, even if the measured effects are minimal”
      • Asymptomatic infections aren’t regularly being tested for in Pfizer’s trial, so it’s possible that those who have been vaccinated could still be asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19, spreading the disease to others
      • Also missing from Pfizer’s press release is how the vaccine fared in different age groups, a key data point since older people are those most at risk of serious disease outcomes
      • There is concern that COVID-19 vaccines could cause antibody-dependent enhancement, or ADE, in which the vaccine enhances the virus’ ability to enter and infect your cells, resulting in more severe disease than had you not been vaccinated
      • It’s far too soon to know whether the vaccine is safe, as, on average, it can take 10 to 12 years for a vaccine to be developed and go through the normal licensing process

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Kratos
      Dreaming

Kratos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Stress
      I wonder if the folks who got permanent narcolepsy from the swine flu vaccine of the 2009 pandemic, will get now the Coronavirus vaccine. :)

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're comparing inhaling known carcinogens over a long period of time, to injecting a novel mRNA sequence twice. That's beyond "apples to oranges".

mRNA drugs, could, in theory, do pretty catastrophic things. An mRNA encoding of a spike protein which is not itself a retrovirus or something, will show any adverse effects pretty quickly. If you do not believe me, please describe in detail any mechanism by which an mRNA encoded spike protein that does not self-replicate or encode for a retroviruis, could have adverse effects which aren't obvious quickly? We're not talking about a neutered live vaccine or something here; this is as cut and dry as space age drugs get.

By the time this is available to me, about 20 medical providers and other assorted people in my circles will already have had both shots for months, so, I'm not going to be much more concerned about it than I am about flu vaccines. And, to be fair, I take flu vaccines seriously and only started getting them once I had kids -- but, once I did, the data is pretty obvious equivocal and indisputable that getting a flu shot yourself reduces your kid's mortality risks.
      This is a Mercola link; Ron Mercola is a grifting scammer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...c01078-c29c-11e9-b5e4-54aa56d5b7ce_story.html

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pandremix wasn't an mRNA drug, so again, this is apples to oranges. It's worth noting, also, that these effects showed up within 1-2 months of exposure to the vaccine.

It's also worth noting that as an mRNA encoding of the SARS-COV-2 spike protein, this is going to trigger the body to make the same antibodies that the actual SARS-COV-2 spike protein would. Could these antibodies, in some cases, themselves cause problems? Absolutely, in fact, based on what we know about SARS-COV-2, I think it's likely that in rare cases, they will.

The thing is -- people susceptible to this problem, would have the exact same response to an actual SARS-COV-2 infection, on TOP of all the other effects of actually having COVID-19. Since the disease is endemic -- if you're someone whose body is going to trip up on the antibodies, well, you're GOING to get that eventually, it's just a question of if you'd like to deal with a potentially fullblown COVID-19 infection on top of that.

Trying to compare Pfizer's toy to flu vaccines is just as bad a comparison as lining COVID-19 up against the flu. It's a completely different technology, which means it has a completely different risk profile. We don't assess the effectiveness of automobile seatbelts during submarine crashes, for instance.

• Like Like x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hmm, there does appear to be some evidence that the spike protein itself might be more problematic than I'd hope; I guess I'd love to see 12 month cardiac follow-ups before taking this, ideally. But, as long as the disease is endemic it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

At least the problems linked to the spike protein are not audiological, ha.

17. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      I have hearing loss. I will be last in line to take a vaccine. Make sure I don't hear bad news.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The Truth About COVID-19 'Long-Haulers'

STORY AT-A-GLANCE
      • 18.1% of individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 also received a first-time psychiatric diagnosis in the 14 to 90 days afterward. Most common were anxiety disorders, insomnia and dementia
      • An estimated 10% of patients treated for COVID-19 report fatigue, breathlessness, brain fog and/or chronic pain for three weeks or longer. This phenomenon occurs even among patients who had mild cases of COVID-19
      • U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data show the rate of COVID-19 patients who continue experiencing lingering health problems after recovering from acute COVID-19 may be as high as 45%
      • Many post-acute COVID-19 patients fit the diagnostic criteria for ME/CFS, which has been linked to viral infections
      • According to a COVID-19 treatment guide, many of these “long COVID” patients do spontaneously recover — albeit slowly — with holistic support, rest, symptomatic treatment and gradual increase in activity

19. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      @Lane stop posting those Quack Mercola's articles. He's a nut job anti-vaxxer peddling supplements. The only interest he has is his own bottom line.

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ajc -- I don't believe I've ever told you what you shouldn't post, even though I often don't care for much of what you write. As I recall, it's all to often a fairly steady stream of criticism of anything that isn't mainstream medicine. Even though you may not care much for what I choose to post, I'd like respectfully request that you show the same regard and tolerance for my posts that I show toward yours.

FWIW, I decided to post the information from Mercola's website because he touches on the connection between COVID-19 long haulers, and ME/CFS, a health condition I'm very aware of and educated on. ME/CFS also has a lot of crossover with tinnitus, which I think would be of interest to many on this forum. If you're following the dots, that would likely make the topic of COVID-19 long haulers one of interest to at least some people with tinnitus.

BTW, I'm curious what points in the Mercola article you have a problem with. I think he's spot on about his observations about "long-haulers", and how their symptoms are similar to and overlap with those of people who have ME/CFS.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    21. Shizune
      Alone

Shizune Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A curse
      Do you think the release of the COVID-19 vaccine will slow the testing or release of some of the hearing loss medications approved for COVID-19 since it may be less of a priority? Or are they still going to keep on track with those? I would hope they'd keep on with those things, considering all the hearing fall-out caused by the coronavirus.

22. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I think people who don't want to get vaccinated or choose not to for some reason will get criticized and ostracized in the future since there will be so much pressure to get a vaccine.

I think we need to support each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Speaking for myself I object to it structurally.

I object to their use of a "fact checked!" icon which, when clicks, explains that it was fact checked by.... themselves.

I object to the fact that it is a sales pitch masquerading as a health article. It tries to make a case about COVID-19 long haulers and then gets into issues of gut health and specific supplements, which Mercola sells.

This is not unusual; it's the main function of that site. There is plenty of information there which is not falsifiable, but it's there to serve the purpose of selling not-FDA-approved supplements to desperate people.

I get that ME/CFS sufferers get the short end of the stick in a lot of the same ways that tinnitus sufferers do, but Mercola isn't an ally, he's just someone who has, again, gotten rich selling supplements to sick people without an evidentiary basis. I know he's had his medical license suspended at least once for pushing what the state health board called "dangerous misinformation". He's amassed an empire worth millions doing this, and has pumped a lot of that back into wingnut disinformation campaigns.

The guy is like a Midas of BS; everything he touches becomes suspect. Even if the starting point to something seemed reasonable, once you realize you've followed a link to Mercola.com you know you're down the bad rabbit hole.

It's not like there isn't anything being written about this in more respectable places.
      https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/index.html
      It looks to me like this is a real and interesting thing and I look forward to see where the actual research takes us, but for now we don't know what we don't know, and what we DO know is that Mercola is a career grifter.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      No.

Who knows what they will be injecting on those who take it.
      When Gates is involved nothing good comes out.

Bill Gates, the Virus and the Quest to Vaccinate the World

Bill and Melinda Gates-backed coronavirus vaccine maker soars in Wall Street debut

Go read what Gates has done to people all over the world with his vaccines:

The Bill Gates Effect: WHO’s DTP Vaccine Killed More Children in Africa Than the Diseases it Targeted

The Long, Strange History of Bill Gates Population Control Conspiracy Theories

BTW, I'm not here to hold an argument. Just stating my answer and opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    25. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Seeing that people will start being vaccinated in the US starting tomorrow, I wonder what people’s thoughts are now?

• Like Like x 1
    26. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jack Straw -- The commonly used, low-cost, low side-effect, anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin is being touted by some to be 100% effective when used prophylactically to prevent COVID-19 infections. A doctor describes at this part of a video that 800 health care workers were given Ivermectin in Argentina, and none became infected. Of the 400 the health care workers who weren't given it, there was a 58% infection rate. -- I'm thinking about trying to get a prescription for this, to take whenever I go out into public areas. Seems a safer route to go than getting a vaccination.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    27. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I'm glad you're not a sheep like many here, OUAT. Take care.

• Like Like x 2
    28. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The vaccine will change people's DNA and it's been shown to have many side effects.

It's sad that many people will be passive guinea pigs. I am criticizing people for blindly accepting what's going on but it's because I am mad about what our governments and complicit health professionals are doing to us. The magnitude of the collusion is unbelievable and so shocking. It's surreal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      How is it going to change people's DNA and what side effects?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    30. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      It doesn't.

DNA -> mRNA -> protein production (in ribosomes).

It's a one way process. mRNA doesn't bind to DNA.

The vaccine works by having the viral spike protein made by our own ribosomes with the injected mRNA, so we can then mount an immune response without the virus being present.

mRNA then degrades after the sequences are decoded for amino acid (and ultimately protein) building.

You can dust off your old hs bio text books and read about the DNA/RNA pathways, they are very well known (not saying you in particular, @Jack Straw, because you probably are aware but anyone worried about this in general).

What's new is using an exogenous mRNA vaccine but there isn't a mechanism for it to change your DNA as there isn't even a binding site.

I'm absolutely not saying there aren't the possibility of side effects (you are still stimulating the immune system) but "changing your DNA" is for sure not one of them.

• Informative Informative x 4
      • Like Like x 3