Yet Another Year Is Gone (Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Holidays...!)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nookie, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Happy Holidays everyone! And yeah, I'm politically correct ^_^.

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      What a cutie! God truly blessed you!

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Right,folks, let's all sing 'Silent Night' and hope that it really is.

'Tinnitus is for life, not just for Xmas'.....let's kick it in the ass.

So 'Let the bells ring out for Xmas' and then shut the bleep up.

Merry Xmas one and all

Fungus.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      This is one of the older Christmas threads that I still enjoy reading again this time of year...:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Marry Christmas, happy new year and happy holidays to all... You all are wonderful people and this forum has been of great support for me in my darkest days... I'm very thankful @erik @Hope2015 @Jose0964 @glynis and many others that had been so wonderful and supportive... Special thanks to one of the most wonderful man I've ever met ... For all his support and insight.... You have really made a difference in my life!!!!! @Danny Boy ... Cheers to all!!

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Happy Christmas
      Silence tinnitus,
      Sleep calm,
      No harm
      Next year,
      No fear,
      Noise free?
      Maybe......

Sheep in snow

Ram Eye 2 (2).jpg

Lamb on lap Ram Eye (3).jpg

Christmas Tree
      Ram Eye (5).jpg

Not a poet? Yes I know it!

Fungus

• Like Like x 10
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Paul Burdett

Paul Burdett Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas from sunny Brisbane...thanks for the support I've received from everyone here since getting T 18 months ago. I'm still taking each day as it comes and trying to get on with life:)

• Like Like x 4
    9. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Good Luck all,Merry Christmas

• Like Like x 3
    10. newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      GOD BLESS ALL OF U ! THANKS FOR THE SITE ! U GUYS N GALS ROCK OUR WORLD !

11. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Fungus,
      Love your photos and the sheep in snow is a beautiful winter seen.
      Have a lovely Christmas...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    12. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Happy Christmas,
      neworrior,Carlover and Paul Burdett...lots of love glynis

13. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Happy Holidays Everyone!

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      It's that time of year to quieten down (and no pun intended here), relax and enjoy the company of our dearest loved ones.

I thank all of our members for the most special year 2015. Next March we are already 5 years old — time has truly flown.

I would like to recognize everyone, but since feasibly I can only a few (those forgotten/not listed; you are still equally special too!), I'd like to say thanks to the following people, who've made this year special for me... Randomly sorted:

• @Steve, thank you for your friendship, for your partnership, for your understanding, for your care of our community,
      • @Karen, @erik, @marqualler, @awbw8, and all our previous moderators, thank you for keeping an eye on Tinnitus Talk, taking care of our members' issues, for providing valuable thoughts and input, for being a cornerstone of this community,
      • All our Benefactors, your help makes it possible for us to keep pushing the envelope, to help us excel at what we offer everyone here, to keep the lights on and to run awareness campaigns, also thank you all for wanting to consistently offer your experiences and advice to our newbies,
      • @attheedgeofscience, thank you for being the most goal-oriented, persistent, achieving member here, truly a "tinnitus rock star", you don't just talk the talk, you walk the walk,
      • @Onnie, thanks go to you and your boyfriend for taking part in our awareness efforts, the animation will be great, and you will be remembered for it,
      • @valeri, @DebInAustralia, @Hope2015, it isn't easy to get people involved on a consistent basis, I thank you for your advocacy efforts and for your energy, excellent work,
      • Doctors' Corner clinicians, thank you for your contributions, I acknowledge it isn't really active anymore, but it remains a good resource and it is our hope that we can reinvigorate it in the future,
      • Tinnitus Talk's "Social Media Task Force", @attheedgeofscience, @DebInAustralia, @Gill Hayes, @Hope2015, @marqualler, @RaZaH, @Silvio Sabo, @Sunny72, @valeri, thanks for your continued support on our Facebook page (psst. if anyone has Facebook, and would like to join the task force, please send me a PM),
      • @just1morething, thank you for being a wonderful, reliable friend,
      • @Zimichael, @Dana, you have lately offered a lot of wisdom, thank you,
      • @glynis, you joining made many people smile, you make many people smile, you are very caring and knowledgeable too, thank you for sharing your insight and empathy here on the forums,
      • @Danny Boy, you have your heart in the right place, thank you for wanting to help our members, regardless of how polarizing some of your contributions may have been, add smile here, you've come a long way,
      • @billie48, the tenacity of how you sincerely, continuously write touching, helpful comments is puzzling, I'm truly in awe of you, you are one of the people who I will without a doubt remember for the rest of my life,
      • @RaZaH, add a winky smiley here, you are a gem, enough said,
      • @Harold, thanks for making our Chat a warm place! And everyone else who uses our Chat, thank you too,
      • @Sound Wave, it has been a pleasure, thank you for bringing some of that Finnish flair here, your ideas and insight never go unappreciated,
      • @carlover, you are one of those people who I met in my early tinnitus days, it was on the old RNID forum, and you are frequently in my thoughts, thank you for sharing the things you've learned here,
      • @LeQuack, fellow soldier in the war of debilitating tinnitus, it's been a pleasure to have made your acquaintance,
      • @Mpt, thank you for starting the most popular thread on Tinnitus Talk ever, your Retigabine thread was a significant part of how Tinnitus Talk began its collaboration with the Tinnitus Research Initiative (psst. Retigabine can be dangerous, it's not something to try without being prescribed by a medical doctor under careful monitoring),
      • @Michael Leigh, you have written some great articles, keep it going, and here's hoping you get your book published,
      • @Stina, you used to write here a lot, not so much recently, but I remember your posts fondly, I thank you for your history here, I hope you are doing better (well, I hope that for everyone), and hope to see you around,
      • @locoyeti, @cullenbohannon, @nills, @SoulStation, @caffclifton, @Marlene, @dboy, @jimH, @RichL, @Golly, @Sailboardman, @derpytia, @Stephen Hill, @Martin69, @I who love music, @Louise, @LadyDi, @Telis, @linearb, @seal, @click, @Lisa88, @Nucleo and many others I'm forgetting or not having space to write, it's a great privilege to have had and to have such active, friendly, thoughtful, intelligent contributors,
      • Everyone else not mentioned, people who I don't even know, such as our thousands and thousands of lurkers not signed up, thank you for reading, contributing and participating here, each of ours experience with tinnitus is unique, and every single soul brings something to the table!

happy-holidays-animated.gif

• Like Like x 17
      • Friendly Friendly x 8
      • Hug Hug x 6
    15. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Thanks @Markku it means a lot.

• Hug Hug x 4
    16. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank you @ Markku,
      Love your forum.....
      Have a wonderful Christmas and hope your ears settle soon and feel more relaxed....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    17. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      @Markku your message and reflections on all the great members makes me feel "a little verklempt"

Seriously though, what an awesome community here. Happy Holidays to everyone here!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      This Christmas the Santa should bring silence.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks @Markku for the kind words, and for setting up and running this wonderful site to help the T sufferers all over the world. Keep up the good works. Wishing you, Steve and all the admins of TT a very Merry Christmas.

Billie

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    20. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Thank you for the shout out, @Markku. During this time of reflection, I am grateful for YOU and all you have done to create this thriving, supportive community -- a place where all are welcome, despite our many different beliefs and backgrounds, and all are valued.

That the world might be the same. Then we finally might have the true peace that has eluded humanity for eons.

Wishing you all blessings from my lovely peninsular home. May you find joy in however you celebrate this seasonal passage. Keep the faith that all will be well.
      And wear your ear plugs!

HOLIDAYPALM.jpg

Oh, and dear @Fungus: Wanted to tell you how much I loved you photo of your sheep in the snow. While its great to live in the sunny subtropics, I never stop missing the first snowfall of the year and how silent the world becomes. I saved your picture and keep it on my computer, its so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    21. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    22. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      A few words from myself now that "another year" has gone by.

Special thanks and thoughts - in no particular order - go to:
      • @billie48 and @caffclifton who are ambassadors here at TinnitusTalk. Billie spends time practically everyday here on the forum helping new members through their early stages of tinnitus. Caff has suffered severe inner ear unilateral hearing loss, but as her Facebook profile will testify, she is still as busy as always enjoying life. Her FB account can be found elsewhere here on the forum.
      • @Markku for having developed a refined social media profile approach to TinnitusTalk - especially on Facebook. TinniusTalk now enjoys ratings (and hence awareness) equivalent to a forum that has a fan base roughly 75 to 100 times larger than TinnitusTalk.
      • Those members who have decided to step up to the challenge of awareness and advocacy: @valeri @DebInAustralia @Hope2015 @Onnie
      • Those members who are part of the social media task force.
      • The loyal fan base which has materialized over the past ½-year here on TinnitusTalk. The fan base is made up of both TT-members and visitors. While there could be many more people rating the FB-posts, the loyal fan base has been very much noted by myself.
      • @Zimichael for both on- and off-line communication - and - a loyal member of Team Trobalt.
      • Auris Medical, Autifony Therapeutics, and the BTA for being willing to engage with the tinnitus population via Q&A sessions.
      • Those members who suffer from severe and even catastrophic tinnitus: @Christian78 @dan @Geo @Martin69 @DebInAustralia @Telis @Sailboardman and several others.
      Best wishes,
      ATEOS

• Like Like x 11
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @attheedgeofscience,

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2016!

Thanks for everything you do here on TT. It is greatly appreciated!

Sailboardman

• Like Like x 1
    24. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @Markku. Merry Christmas and a peaceful 2016! };-)

25. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Merry Christmas everybody!
      194.gif

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Wishing you all Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

May we all find the peace and positivity to soldier on with life despite what T will do. Let's tell Mr. T to take a ticket and wait in line while we will enjoy the festive season and holidays.

• Like Like x 1
    27. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      Merry Christmas everyone.

Hopefully I won't be here next year (as i hope my T will fade away) = P

• Funny Funny x 1
    28. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wishing everyone Merry Christmas, happy new year, happy holidays whenever you are and whatever you celebrate!

May we all have a peaceful and quiet new year ;)

• Like Like x 5
    29. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      2016 coming! What are everyone's resolutions?

30. UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      Hello all,

This is just to wish all of you a great new year or at least a better one than 2015. By New Year's Eve 2016, there will be many more people with T and I hope that some of them will turn to this site for support as I did.

A big thank you to all those who have helped me with so much positive and constructive advice. It's quite possible that I'll need some more in the future from time to time but I hope that 2016 is a year for me to really move forward after this year's suffering and I also hope to continue to habituate to my own noise and reduce some of my anxiety further so I can function again 100%.

Best wishes.

Jonathan