Acupuncture for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Codaz

Codaz Member

Yes it does something. No, I don't know what exactly. It is very expensive so I discontinued it.

2. Jokko
      Amazed

Jokko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Is usefull for tinnitus acupuncture

3. Jena

Jena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12
      Hi Everyone

ACUPUNCTURE CURED ME. I recently sent in a post about my story with tinnitus that started over 3 years ago.
      Same as all of us I tried everything. After my 5th visit to my acupuncturist, I told her that I had a feeling it may have something to do with my slightly high blood pressure, so she started working on my blood pressure channels. It wasn't long before I woke up to silence. It must be nearly a year now and I am clear from tinnitus. I would like to add that I also take a high strength B12 vit, apparently many people who are deficient in this vitamin suffer with tinnitus. I haven't been diagnosed with low B12, I just chose to take it myself. Apparently many people do not absorb B12.
      Google it and have a read. I am positive that it is the combination of the two in my experience.
      DONT GIVE UP.

Jena

• Like Like x 4
    4. dan26
      Frustrated

dan26 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      very bad concussion motorcycle accident
      I have been on HBP medication for about 2 years on and off. I dont know if it makes my T louder or not but i do notice it affects my balance and thats no good since i have bilateral vestibular dysfunction in both ears!! I told the doc this and hopefully he will try a different medication for the HBP that doesnt have "dizziness" as a side effect. I have never tried acupunture for my tinnitus. I would have to self pay if i did go and have it done and try it out and see if it gives me some relief or not. I am very skeptical about acupunture "curing" tinnitus. I have never read anything about that being true.

5. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      • Like Like x 1
    6. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      I have found a therapist who will apply the acupuncture moxibustion for ten consecutive days.
      Im in on it. If T and H improve TT will be the first to know

7. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Acupuncture helps me, not to the point of relieving Tinnitus but to the point of relieving depression and anxiety. It calms me. The days I dont do acupuncture I really feel the down side. It does cost a bit mush. I pray the moxibustion works or relieves the T.

8. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @ruben ruiz,

It's your choice, but acupuncture, has no proven efficacy, in curing or diminishing T. I've invested over $5,000 and 8 months, wasting time with acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. My T is exactly the same level it was, at the beginning of those treatments. I went to a well known practioner and renowned TCM herbalist, from Bejing. Don't get sucked into a very expensive and imo, a useless treatment for T. Good luck if you pursue it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. slc

slc Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I hear you I've gone through well over $100,000 in five years . I've been on disability and gone through at least half my savings . I did have a two-year period where the tinnitus was reduced somewhat. But the last year it is again become catastrophic .

10. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
    11. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I certainly don't think it's fair to say that there's no chance of this stuff helping; for one thing, acupuncture needle work is not dissimilar to physiotheraputic dry needling, which has shown clinical efficacy for various kinds of muscle pain -- and we know that in some tinnitus pathologies, muscle tension directly relates to symptom severity. Additionally, the supplements given out as part of acupuncture probably have active molecules of one kind or another.

But, it's a real crapshoot. It's the kind of thing that probably won't hurt your body, but might cause some pain in the wallet. Don't put money into this that you're not prepared to burn.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Trish123

Trish123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anyone tried acupuncture and had success? I'm thinking of trying it.

13. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Trish,I know people who have had acupuncture a few times and had some short term relief but only short lived and tinnitus returned.....lots of love glynis

14. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      did not work for me
      i had maybe 10 sessions

15. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      8 months, twice a week with Chinese herbs, did absolutely nothing for me, except cost me about $4,500!

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock Disorder (TTTS)
      @Sailboardman Keep your money for a stem cell restoration in Asia ;-)

17. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think ATEOS almost died from stem cell injections, in China?

18. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    19. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm going to try acupuncture in the coming days for my T and H,I'll post my updates here for anyone interested.

• Like Like x 1
    20. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is in one of his posts, that I read awhile back. Check it out. Search under stem cells. He kept a running account of his experience. He also spent a ton of money on this experiment. I'm sure it was ATEOS.

21. Mithrandir
      Ape-like

Mithrandir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yep ! I read that, he had a problem in China for this second treatment, but not with the first one in Thailand. And for him, that's a good experience with good results...

22. vader888

vader888 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      has anyone tried acupuncture for tinnitus? if so, did it help, or is it a waste of money. I have had T for 25 years but just recently got much worse. tried doctors, masking devices, herbs, hearing aids, nothing has helped.

23. newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      I am in BKK now--can you pass along the doct0r's c0ntact info ? Thanks !

24. newarrior

newarrior Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      I don't see Dr. Charat at: vhttp://www.vibhavadi.com/

Can you advise where to find him ?

25. ibelievetoo

ibelievetoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      New to this sight for maybe a week now. Just figuring out how to respond. Don't do the computer much. I have been to several acupuncturists'. The last one studied in China for 4 yrs. I went for little over a yr. 10 sessions were $875. and I went once a wk.Quite expensive. No difference. Have done different types of Chiropractic. Was there last wk. He told me since I didn't seem to be improving, didn't want to keep me coming back without some improvement. Also went to a seminar and bought the Neuromonics device which I wear at least 2 hrs. a day. Have been this way with T. for over 8 yrs. when my husband, after a long, hard journey with cancer - as the song says- I just looked around and he was gone. Put my feet on floor one day and he was gone and T. was there. Am worn out. Sorry I can't be more optomistic because I feel like I need it as much as anyone.

ibelievetoo

• Hug Hug x 2
    26. Codaz

Codaz Member

Stay strong man. This is my third year that I'm working biweekly on my neck. And only the last couple of months I started to see some balancing / stability in pain / tension in the neck muscles. However they do have an effect on the facial muscles that I have big problems with. For me, the first months of physio / manual therapy (a bit towards chiropractic cracking measures) didn't do a thing. But after some month's I felt improvement. In the first year 2014 I started with almost weekly facial/neck muscle training and it is very very intense as the pain increases during or after the training. It's very exhausting and consumes a lot of psychological activity (you feel sad, beat up or worn down after those therapy sessions). So don't expect immediate results. Some people with neck / jaw problems are cleared within half a year to a year, some much later. I'm still fighting to find the cure towards those problems. There isn't much known in the literature, or I havn't found the right neurologist yet.

27. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      anyone try acupuncture

28. ThreeS
      Frustrated

ThreeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety Attack
      I've had 10 acupuncture treatments, it works, quite a few of them have made a permanent reduction. I still have it though, my T occurred after an anxiety attack.

29. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
    30. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @Asian:

They gave CBT and sound therapy along acupuncture/herbs. There is no control group to determine placebo effect. This is just likely to be another self-serving report.
      I tried acupuncture for several months with zero results besides that it was a relaxing experience. The majority of people that have tried accupunture for T will tell you the same. A few that got improvement is difficult to know whether it was the accupunture or just spontaneous improvement that can happen during the first year.