Avoiding Tyramine

Discussion in 'Support' started by click, Aug 16, 2013.

1. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Has anyone tried avoiding tyramine to control their T?

It was mentioned on the Vestibular Disorders website [ http://vestibular.org ] as a migraine trigger and the foods high in this enzyme seem to correlate well with quite a few of the 'triggers' that set my T into a spin. Eg. peanut butter, bananas, citus fruit.

Am attaching the pdf which mentions it.

{ @Markku... searched for tyramine on forum before creating new post - good girl click :D ]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    2. Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work
      Hey @click

Hope your having a good day :)
      I have read so much about trying to eat certain foods, diets etc. to lower your T, myself I haven't changed my diet one little bit. I continue to enjoy chocolate, white rice, all veg and fruit and nothing has changed. I changed my life so drastically in the first month to accommodate my T just incase I made it worse or sent it on a spike, to the point I was constantly stressing about my next move weather it be what I ate or where I was going so I stopped.... whet back to the things I was doing and enjoyed, even listening to my ipod! Of course with restrictions and avoiding overly noisy environments however I find trying to be as normal as possible helps me with T as I don't feel so different from my pre T days. Don't know if this helps in any way.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Hi Jade

I think that's brilliant. Stressing about anything can make you ill so it's not worth doing if this happens.

I'm pretty used to changing my diet and reading every ingredient because I've been doing it since way, way back. It began when I became a vegan at 17 and over the years I've had to do it because of various allergies. One is an allergy to soy beans (one of the reasons why I'm no longer vegan.. it's almost impossible without soy!) and this is hidden in so very many foods.

So fortunately the food thing doesn't stress me out but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone if it could increase their stress - T is stressful enough!

Click