Epsom Salt Baths

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Mike TerMaaten, Nov 30, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      I really encourage some people to try this and PLEASE report back how it did for you.

In a hot bath...... dump in about 1/4 of a typical epsom salt bag full ..or about a drinking glass full worth, to say it another way.....

Then soak and enjoy for at least 15 minutes. MAKING SURE TO SUBMERGE YOUR HEAD COMPLETELY as much as you can (holding your nose of course)

This is an advanced technique for those with only small, very mild tinnitus

It has done me very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Oli
      Alone

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sonor Trauma
      I prefer sniffing directly the bath salts for maximum relief ;) (just kidding)

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Azariah

Azariah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      I'm way ahead of you. I use 7 cups in the bath! LOL!

No, seriously, I do.

It does seem to take the edge off the T, although I've never submerged my head... I'll try that next and let you know.

4. RaZaH
      Not amused

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Are you sure its any different then just taking a bath without the bath salts?

5. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. Magnesium has a calming effect on the body. It dilates blood vessels (as opposed to calcium which constricts blood vessels). Magnesium relaxes muscles. It's good stuff. Personally I prefer to take magnesium orally and have had good success with it. My tinnitus is both more manageable and less noticeable when taking magnesium on a regular basis. It even helps with eliminating migraine headaches. Like I said, it's good stuff. ;)

6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      why would submerging your head help? I use epsom salts as a way to best absord magnesium... but according to a doctor I see - soaking just your feet is as beneficial as its more about the bloodstream that the msucle that is soaked.

7. Azariah

Azariah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1985
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows?
      I've tried both ways, and taking a bath just works better than soaking feet alone.

I suspect it is because when you take a bath your entire skin surface can absorb the mag and thus you get a higher dose than if just the skin of your feet was exposed to it.

8. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      this makes sense. to the best of my knowledge both are superior to taking pills, especially as it bypasses the digestive track (and thus doesn't cause the unpleasant side effects).