How Can You Habituate to HIGH FREQUENCY Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poseidon65, Mar 23, 2021.

1. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes I habituated to high frequency tinnitus.

Did anybody habituate to freaking loud medium frequency hums?

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      How are you doing with this?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poseidon65

Poseidon65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud live music show
      I decided I like the hearing aids better, so I switched back to those.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Is your high frequency tinnitus improving? I have such high frequency that it sometimes buzzes my head, it’s not super loud most times. I can mask it with cicadas.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poseidon65

Poseidon65 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud live music show
      It’s hard to tell whether I’m seeing actual improvement or getting used to it more. But I do think I’m doing better overall now than a few months ago (I’m 18 months in).

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      That’s good to hear :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. Saswata

Saswata Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma & poor diet
      I found this video yesterday. It has sooo many positive testimonials in the comments, unlike most of the videos I've seen. I listened to it several hours yesterday, and when I went to bed, I could still hear it as hallucinations in my head. When I woke up today, I could not believe my ears -the high pitched tinnitus that was driving me nuts was not there!

Interestingly, this actually gave me the most anxious day, as I was fearing the noise would come back any second. I had about 6 silent hours, now it's creeping back in. I just put the video playing again.

I'm going to be testing this for sometime, maybe I'll make a new thread just for this if it really is a miracle cure & this was not just a coincidence.

Let me know if it works for you. This is the video:

4 Hours of High Pitched Tinnitus...

• Like Like x 1
    8. Forever hopeful
      Depressed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Mine turned into what you are experiencing. Every few days I get this high pitched screech that lasts a day or a few. I can’t mask it at all, except for running water. Hot running water for a sound machine doesn’t work. Violet and pink noise irritate me. I have tried crickets and cicadas. I don’t think they help much. Birds help a little.
      They still think it’s related to TMJ as my hearing has been stable, but I can’t find anyone to treat my TMJ.

I try to tell myself it won’t hurt me no big deal just ignore it. Yeah easier said than done. Sometimes I wish I was in my 80s. Then I would only have a few years left to deal with this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Forever hopeful
      Depressed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Resurrecting this thread. Wondering how those who suffer from high frequency tinnitus are doing out there. I have to confess, I’m having a hard time. The worst part is not being able to mask at all. I just can’t find anything that is high frequency enough that doesn’t irritate the crap out of me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. PebblesForNow
      Busy

PebblesForNow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune disease and noise exposure (concert)
      This is what I ultimately did with my original high frequency, intrusive, reactive tinnitus. I had to come to a place where I just stopped running away from it. I started sitting in the quiet and just reading, etc I know that isn’t the typical advice, and on the worst days I still tried to mask occasionally (although it seemed to only make things worse). But ultimately I think your brain has to both heed the sound and not be scared of it anymore to start to learn to tune it out.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. PebblesForNow
      Busy

PebblesForNow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune disease and noise exposure (concert)
      [QUOTE="Forever hopeful, post: 623441, member: 11105"try to tell myself it won’t hurt me no big deal just ignore it. Yeah easier said than done. Sometimes I wish I was in my 80s. Then I would only have a few years left to deal with this.[/QUOTE]
      Hi Forever hopeful. I just said this same thing to my husband tonight. The thought of living 40 more years with the 24/7 musical tinnitus I just developed seems unfathomable. But I also felt that way a decade ago with my original unmaskable high pitch tinnitus. I still have that, but it subsided considerably with time. So I am hanging on to hope that the same can happen for the musical tinnitus, although I understand it to be caused by issues in a different area of the brain/auditory system than regular tinnitus, so who knows. In any event, I am sorry you are going through this, and I wish you quieter days ahead.

You know what they say, “if you are walking through hell, don’t stop”!

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Forever hopeful
      Depressed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thanks. I am hopeful that I can get to a place where I can habituate to this. It’s hard because it does indeed fluctuate. There are times I almost feel normal again. But they don’t last.

I am so sorry to hear about your musical tinnitus. I do hope that perhaps that will resolve. I have read that it can.

13. Cory_
      Pensive

Cory_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ??? / Gradual noise trauma / TMJ / Alcoholism / COVID jab
      William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy both had huge fountains installed in their homes after getting tinnitus.