Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Tinnitus — Experiences (Dr. Wilden, etc.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by joe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Was there even a real debate? 808nm for deeper penetration and ~650nm for treating the front parts of the cochlear.

Btw, how are your audiograms from 2, 3 and 6 months coming up? If there is an improvement - many here would be interested to seeing them. - For some reason I feel that we are not going to see the audiograms. You seem to be dodging a lot of key questions.

For some reason you seem to promoting people to build their own "high power LED". Why even bother to build. You can buy LED lamp from about every super market - In case you happen to believe that normal light heals your ear.

I'd also like to see some sort of evidence that pointing a flashlight and/or microwaving your body parts heals tissues or organs deep beneath the skin and/or bone. - This is a reference to your polarized light treatment which you are doing in some clinic which you wouldn't tell to some members who asked it.

If you want to discuss about polarized light treatment - please start a new thread. This is about LLLT.

If you want the best results possible, go for Lucky Laser. Konftecs lasers are too low power.

No it didn't, there was no placebo rat group - I'm not even sure if there is any placebo control done with rodent studies. I think it is safe to assume that rats aren't prone to placebo effects as humans are... :)

2. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Polarized light treatment is what the "highly successful" Antinitus sticker "technology " uses to great effect to alleviate built up pressure in your wallet.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      hard to say. doesn't say how it's measured.

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's a "Bontech" if you read the article / check the image http://www.bontech.hr/en/tinnitus-therapy-at-half-the-price/

5. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Again I think that the easiest way is to get one of those 850nm LED high power near IR lamps for surveillance - I posted a link in the other thread - one cost only 7 dollars , and give it a try .

808 is the wavelength used in the study but anything close will work fine too.

Polarized light like I explained earlier in this thread is a device that uses a high power 140w IR bulb as a light source then places a series of filters to narrow the beam to 600nm to 1500nm , with total power at 10w, with peak power at around 1000 nm, light penetrates deep and the probe is about 1 cm wide so you are sure to cover the cochlea.

Anne Harila told me she got good results by using various different wavelengths on the same person so this is in essence the same thing for LLLT except it's not a laser and not a single wavelength...and it's not low power!

I feel I got some improvements with it but im not done yet. T is not cured but it does sound a bit softer , H is cured and sound quality is better .

I did another audiogram a week ago but it did not show major changes from before at least in the under 8khz range.

My T is a high pitched hiss so the major damage is above 8khz but I haven't found any place that can do those tests here in Japan .

Any way , I keep on doing this polarized device twice a week and use the lucky a few times a week and we will see - or hear - in 2 years if I get any further improvements as it can take 3-4 years according to Wilden and also according to that LLLT study from Czechoslovakia.

I got my a acoustic trauma 1 year ago but obviously various noise damage was done during decades before especially when I was in the army back then so that's another factor to consider . I think that a young person will have better success with light therapy .

6. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Bobby B does the Lucky Laser also comes with ear buds and is it easy to place it right when you do it alone ?

Thanks

7. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      Agree.
      I still am reluctant to accept the exceptional effects of LLLT.
      Even after reading the numerous positive outcomes.
      I want too though!
      I just can not understand that these positive outcomes do not make the medical community revise their opinion on LLLT.
      Or at least make them curious.
      Only a very small group of researchers. LLLT has been around for many years.

But this is a discussion that has been made often in the past, on this forum.

These are the time frames I am thinking about too. So why am I not patient and still expect results sooner:banghead:

8. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      And did you have improvement when you were using just the Lucky Laser ?

9. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did you ask me?
      There is no way of knowing for sure.
      There is a small improvement, but I believe this also would have happened without the LLLT.
      There is still much discomfort. Hypracusis, distortion, Tinnitus and hard of hearing.
      I am pretty sure no improvement what soever on an audiogram.
      But that has to be confirmed. Because I do not notice any better hearing I am not interested in checking this.
      I mostly use the LLLT for relaxation. It is a 20 minute brake in the day.

10. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      I was asking Bobby but good to know how you're doing too :)

Is it easy and conformable to insert the laser in the ear ?

11. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Those studies show that light has an effect shortly after trauma - don't wait !
      we don't know how well it works once too much time has passed

Yes I got some sound range, and H improvements when I was using only the lucky so I know it does something. The other device I mentioned is more powerful and I felt I got faster results but the lucky is a viable device...especially with the 808nm at higher power

12. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Thanks for your reply.

My T most likely comes from an infection or reaction to meds (it got a lot worse when I took corticosteroids which are immunosuppressive). I don't have hearing loss however I have reactive T and a lot of distortions. I have also H in a sense that some frequencies are perceived very loudly. Do you think it can help for my distorsion and H? I wouldn't mind the T if a could listen to some music or watch movie in peace.

13. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Did you build the other device or did you buy it ?

14. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Initially I needed to fabricate something so I was able to lie down when using it. Now it is quite comfortable.
      But I am always very careful.
      Dr. Wilden claims that years after noise trauma you can get improvement, if I am not mistaken.

15. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yes but the longer you wait, the smaller the improvement will be

16. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can understand that. It makes sense.
      But dr Wilden does give me some hope (-;

17. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm considering seeing John Lieurance in Sarasota - he follows the Amon Kaiser protocol.

I spoke with him yesterday. He doesn't oversell it. He says they've seen some good results, moreso with hearing thresholds than tinnitus, but tinnitus reduction is reported. A lot of what he says is in line with @Bobby B anecdotal reports as well as @attheedgeofscience .

I have reasonable expectations and don't expect a miracle - but I can afford it and spending a week with my wife on the bay won't be such a bad thing.

• Like Like x 4
    18. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Dude, you can't compare laser and light like that. Do you even realize that this "infrared" you are talking about is pretty much only thermal radiation? Basically you are stating that heating up your inner ear will heal T, H and hearing loss. You really need to get yourself educated...

And in case you didn't know - most of the LLLT therapists are using different wave lengths but they have no absolute value alone - the penetration depth matters.

Btw, you dodged nicely a question about your audiograms with improvements once again.

19. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Zechariah
      The cochlea is cast in bone so you need sufficent power to reach deep enough.

It's not floating in the air just behind the ear drum . It in a turn deeper behind the bones and tissues.

The shorter wavelengths have more photonic energy but they also get blocked by the skin and bone so in the end very little energy is available.

The longer wave can reach deeper and by increasing power and time you get more photons as well.

Read those 2 studies and tell us where it says that light around 1000nm has very little photonic energy.

That's why Hamblin states that the best effects in pratice - in live humans not during in vitro studies on cells - are between 800 to 1200 nm and he is the most knowledgeable person we know.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26346298/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4550182/#!po=40.0568

20. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    21. whitebeach

whitebeach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hi,

Is anyone using Konftec LLLT lasers? Seems they are the same as Dr Wilden in Spain but very much cheaper.

22. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      @lymebite is maybe?

23. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have the Konftec emLas 520BC and use it mainly for Hyperacusis. Has not helped so far but have not given up yet.

24. whitebeach

whitebeach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      How long have you been using it and how often per day?

25. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      About a month. Once a day.

26. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Do you perceive a change in your T while using it ?

27. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No.

28. rainman
      Curious

rainman Member

Alrighty it's been 2 years now since my hyperacusis was treated at Dr.Wildens hospital in Regensburg. After that the home treatment with laserpen. I have taken good care of my ears with minerals amino acids, protection etc. And my child is 3 now so it's not that bad at home anymore.

I have held my pen incase of a set back, which luckily has not happened(knock on the wood). At this point in my life i'm starting to pursue my dreams and one of that needs a proper camera investment. That's why i thought i will sell my Laserpen80 mw (100 mw diod, visible laser light, 660 nm) with original cover and case. It operates with 3 AAA batteries and is easy to hold(light). I will give all the insturctions. It was bought 2014 and been sitting around a 1,5 years, so in a very good shape. At the time the price was 1600€. Pm me if you are interested and wish pictures.

All the best!

• Like Like x 1
    29. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @rainman
      Can you please elaborate on the cause of your ear issues , timing of it - how long before starting LLLT - and what kind of results the Wilden treatment and the home laser gave you ?

30. rainman
      Curious

rainman Member

i have written on it on this thread i think. Earphones and lots of loud music and producing/mixing long hours took me there. 4-5 months later the start of my sensitivity pain i got to the clinic, just for the heck of it and cause some good reviews here(maybe this thread). After the clinic it was wierd sensation and tests was improved but it took some more time and home therapy before the sensitivity went away and has not returned.