Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Tinnitus — Experiences (Dr. Wilden, etc.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by joe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. rainman
      Curious

rainman Member

Oh forgot to mention..the pen was bought from DrWilden, so it is designed for inner ear complications.

2. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      I bought the LK-COMBI (Lucky Laser) a while back. For anyone interested I did a short unpacking video.

LK-COMBI Tinnitus Laser System (Lucky Laser) -...

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Philip83

Terrific video. Thanks for creating and sharing it.

4. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      ABC News broadcasted a fairly in-depth segment this week on Lumomed's new location in Florida:

Lumomed therapy for hearing loss, tinnitus and...

• Like Like x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Did it help you at all?

6. Philip83
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just started using it last week. Nothing yet, but I will give an update in this thread later on.

• Like Like x 1
    7. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      What type of T/H do you have ?

8. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      • Informative Informative x 2
    9. RUM

RUM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise (motorcycle)
    10. Philip83
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      From noise trauma. First got it in 2001, and a permanent increase after a bigger trauma in 2014. It's loud high Hz hiss, both in the head and a cocktail of flickering hisses in the ears. My hearing is pretty bad across the board too, 20+ db, down to 40-50 at its worst. Good times... :p

• Like Like x 1
    11. farway

farway Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Tried LLLT in the past twice, never made a difference for me. Maybe I did something wrong.

12. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      what did you do? home unit? office visits? details are appreciated.

13. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Excellent little review, thanks for sharing. I hope you get the aiming right. That is one of the difficulties with home treatment and why people may have mixed results.

The laser Wilden uses a laser that has a diameter approximately of a tennis ball to avoid problems with aiming.

I suppose you have pretty recent results of your hearing that you can actually see if there is any improvement?

Additionally, can you share the protocol you were instructed to use?

14. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Let me know if you see him. My parents just bought a place in Venice, FL near by Sarasota. I might actually try this if I hear some positive feedback. Thanks @lymebite

• Like Like x 1
    15. BDJ

BDJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Has anyone tried the Lumomed office in FL? Curious about your experience.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Almost the same here. First trauma in 2004, second one in 2015 and permanent huge increase. 20dB to 60dB hearing loss. So I'll read your posts about LLLT with interest.

18. direct

direct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at workplace in many years and the employer's negligence
      X2

Some reviews:
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tinnitus-Treatment-Professional-Laser-home/product-reviews/B008PDCS36

19. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Wheres your 60db loss at? confirmed by a formal audiologist test? Thats very severe, my thoughts go out to you at this moment. Did you have T since 2004, and did it increase after your second trauma? I can only imagine, my "audiologist" tests read "within normal range" despite having horrible hearing in both ears after trauma and severe T in one ear, mild in the other. This is not uncommon from what I hear, audiologist tests not showing any "issues" when the patient has them. I've heard you say your T is unmaskable. 2 of the tones in my one ear are unmaskable as well. My overall threshold is about 10db below 0 if I remember though, but they say people can be born that way.

20. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      My biggest loss is at 6000Hz (typical of noise induced hearing loss). It was confirmed by several ENT and audiologist tests.

Yes, T started in 2004 in just one ear. It increased a bit over time but it was a non-issue for me. The second trauma was a nightmare because T is now in both ears and very loud and unstable. + hyperacusis

I can't mask it because I can't hear anything at its frequency I guess.

"Hidden hearing loss" is something new, that must be your case. Most ENT and audiologist don't even know about it.

21. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Yeah hidden hearing loss would fit the description of what I experience best, I did see one ENT, who was very understanding of my situation, and what I was exposed to, and told me that he is aware that he has no testing that could show it, and certainly had no direct treatment for it. I told him the nearly a dozen supplements I was taking to try to improve my hearing/T/h/ any or all of them and he said he heard of all of them, and he said "it doesn't hurt to try" but he said he had absolutely nothing that could speak on the efficacy of any of the supplements. They only test up to 8K in my area, and its only 8 tones. He admitted this was severely limiting for someone in my situation. He did say someone can see improvement in a "couple years" this is really the statement that gives me hope. He said the most effective overall thing he has seen in his experience is "time" and that in his experience about a "third" get "better" and I saw him 6.5 months after the acoustic trauma, and he still thought it might get better. Here I am 8 months later, no better, but hoping for a miracle. I mean 8 months since the incident not 8 months since i seen him

22. Daniel Ciriello

Daniel Ciriello Member

Tinnitus Since:
      cant remember exactly, around early 90's
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      If the laser is in the IR range then this will use deep penetrating heat, would a low cost lamp be as good?
      And will increasing circulation reduce tinitus?
      Thanks

23. direct

direct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at workplace in many years and the employer's negligence
    24. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Philip83 - it's been a month. anything at all ?

25. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi all,
      I haven't been around for some time. However, I decided to jump in again as I purchased a Vielight 663 yesterday as I am a big fan of light therapy and noticed this new device while looking for more advanced therapy devices. I did not even think about my tinnitus until I saw Chris from here post on the Vielight forum about this forum..

I called the company just now and they said one can put the led diode in the ear, but the best effects will come from the huge amount of capillaries in the nasal cavity and the effects would be better or the same.

Since I am not using the device for T, it will be interesting if my already low T will fade to nothing using this device! I certainly didn't start out with low T however years ago!!!

While I did not read through the hundreds of posts about this subject, I did see scientific papers posted here about low laser light therapy results for T. Thanks!!!

Happy new year!!!

• Like Like x 2
    26. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      Guys I need an advise from anyone who is familiar with LLLT clinic in Oslo. I think it's Anna clinic right? IS this the right website?: http://www.laserklinikken.no
      I go to Oslo for winter vacation begining of Feb '17, and I wish to try the treatment in Oslo. Does anyone has any experience with them, is their therapy as good as dr Wilden? How many sessions you get in Oslo, is one week enough to see the results? Do they also sell lasers for home use like dr Wilden does? Any info and experience with Anna clinic in Oslo would be helpful.

27. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Has anybody in this thread actually used the flashlight that @Bobby B recommended? Does bobby even actually use it himself? I've got it on order... I paid like 4 times the amount it costs americans on amazon just to have it delivered in my country within the next 3 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    28. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Ask @FERNANDO GIL
      He has been to Anne Harila. I'm not sure Anne herself is in Oslo though, they have several locations in Norway. I think all the info you need is on the english version of the website. There should be some contact info there.

29. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey Folks,

So i am reading about LLLT which by power if laser pronotes healibg of inber ear. Now, this does sounds cool (i beleive that haircells do regenerate on their own, however it is such a slow proccess - not visible at all (super slow + add envoronmental moises that surround us that kill that progress)). In order to "help" our body to heal we need proper food/diet, extra supplements in right doses and somerhing that promotes healing stronger than natural process. LLLT seems to be one of these ways, and i am looking in to getting Lucky Laser, however i have no clue how to use this damn thing.

What power should i use with 808 and 650 ?

Should i start 20 min each day of 808 and 650 or i should just do 808 ?

Thanks in advance!

30. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I would do 15 minutes at 500mw pulsed twice a week

You don't need a laser btw - this is light therapy there is absolutely no difference between a photon sent by a laser or a high power LED

I would get a high power NIR LED lamp like the ones sold for 12 to 50 dollars as posted here and save the money for stem cell therapy

Those have a lot more punch both in terms of power and coverage than the lucky laser and this for a fraction of the price - and safer than lasers of course