Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Tinnitus — Experiences (Dr. Wilden, etc.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by joe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi
      1st- if you have a tumor in the ear area do not use LLLT, besides that there is no side effects.

650 , you can use till 120 mw
      808 - never more than 400/450 if continuous, if pulsed you can go all the way to 700 Mw

The tricky question is if we should start slowly or stronger?

For the 1st time and trying you should do 650/ 80 Mw and 808/ 200mw for exemple better do it layddown and at the two ears at the same time.(one probe in each ear) This is important cause first time you can have lose balance, it´s rare but can happen.

Now the tricky question, from my talks with Anne, some people need a strong first treatment to get the reaction, other do not need it. So to play safe, start slow and go from there. You note the reaction if T goes up, after the treatment .
      Stops are need it as well and very important. You need to give time to the cells to rest and not get used to the laser to produce there own energy. If LLLT does work for you, with time you willl start to understand when you need and when to stop.

Best think to do still, is going to a clinc and learn the basics.

Lucky laser still best option, take care of the laser cause fixing them is expensive. I was carrying my laser everywhere and 808 got broken. Need it to send to china to fix.

Hope you get better.
      Fernando

• Like Like x 1
    2. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Fernando, thanks for your response. I had two mri scans since summer and all were clean, so i guess no ear tumor? Now, i am going to start pretty much at same time as @bill 112 and follow your/Zazzio approach. Before i start doing LLLT i want to use as much available info and combine existing knowledge with what has been tested in practice and get on with that.

3. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Also, what is the best way to figure out if i do shoot in to my cochlea instead of surrounding tissues ? It's obveous to me that people who havent got any regeneration done with LLLT is due to missaligment durong their procedures (not even talking about using not sufficient gear and droping off too early)

4. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      Would someone please DM me information about LLLT, such as science articles, associated doctors, best DIY lasers, claimed success stories, common methods of treatment (such as timg vs rest), etc?

There is a lot to dig through and I am sure there are some people who can grab the right links immediately.

5. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Pointed to the lower back of your head, so it should be a little pointed down and to the back.

6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Done:)

• Like Like x 1
    7. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      image.jpeg
      Zazzio told me to point into my ear canal,aim slightly up a little and back.

The cochlea isn't exactly inline with your eardrum as you can see in this picture.

Also,he told me ear wax and ear hair can be a problem and you need to ascertain whether your ear canals are straight or bend as this can affect accuracy.

8. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Thx for info! Basee on previous video of combi laser it has tube-like ends and i was wondering if it needs to be sticked in to ear canal

9. Coleoptere
      Alone

Coleoptere Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bell's Palsy, hearing loss
      Well received, thank you!

10. WildMan

WildMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Beginning of 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      I inquired about the Lucky Laser and I was asked if I want the 2 laser probes or the 4 laser probes device. I'm assuming the 4 probes would be for putting behind your ear and inside the ear canal simultaneously?

Any advice on this?

11. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      4 is for using the same frequency on both ears
      Frequncy is linked to the probe (laser is inside)

12. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Same her! Trying to figure out if it is worth extra $500 to have 4 probes ? I understand time savings, however wanted to see if in practice, users have benefited from doing both ears simultaneously ?

@FERNANDO GIL since you are one of the users that have had positive results with LLLT, is it work of having 4 probes (forget time savings) and doing both ears simultaneously or one ear at the time is same ?

I would think that simultaneous treatment is better since your body gets "dual dose" in a way of LLLT and that might have better effect ?

13. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      if you do it for say 20 min a day, 5 days a week for 3 years then how much time will you save and how much money is your time worth ?

Answer: 260 hours wasted vs. 500 USD saved

other than that, no benefits/differences

14. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I ordered mine with the four probes.

15. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Bill - have you considered going to see Anne Harila? Since she uses that device you'll probably learn a lot about how to use it and have a better prognosis.

16. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I was thinking about going to see her but I don't really know much about her if I'm honest.

I seen a few posts about her but that's about it really,she does make somewhat bold claims from what I've read here about her.

17. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      When I bought I had in one ear only, So,two was all I need it. If youhave T in the two ears, go ahead. Is better.
      Remember to much LLLT is not good as well. You will need to stop from time to time. But defenetly having the 4 is best option if you have T in the two ears.

Fernando

18. BBApple

BBApple Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus? Noise?
      My understanding is that is not the issue (whether T is in one or both ears). The issue is both sides need to be treated regardless to maintain inner ear equilibrium.

I have the 4 probe version. T is primarily in the right ear but I treat both anyway.

19. WildMan

WildMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Beginning of 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      It seems that my attempts to buy a lucky laser are in vain. For those of you who bought one of these devices were they difficult to correspond with? I'm still unsure as to the method they use for purchasing.

20. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      had no problems at all - just send an e-mail to the address on the lucky laser site

21. Allen Y.

Allen Y. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      I have emailed Dr. Wilden recently regarding possible low-level laser therapy (LLLT), but have not heard back. Anyone here have contact with Dr. Wilden recently?

22. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      I emailed him a while ago and then he replied a week later. Didn't go into further questions.

23. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Didn't you write your T is due to anxiety - stress ? I'd say don't waste you time and money on this unless you have a clear cut case of recent acoustic trauma or ototoxic/infection cause
      It's even not going to cure T by any stretch even due to acoustic trauma - maybe give you a 20% improvement in hearing range according to Wilden
      Not a T cure

24. Allen Y.

Allen Y. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      Yes. I think it was... I've had anxiety/stress for the last few months and depression probably last few decades ... but I do have -30 db hearing loss (-25 db being borderline normal) at 8khz. When I do a frequency sweep on 1/3 volume on my laptop speakers, my right ear can hear up to 13 khz but left only 9-10 khz.

So I have hearing loss ... don't know why given that I've always taken very good care of my ears...

Maybe I have bad genes.

But I also read several places that prolonged stress/emotional distress can also cause hearing loss.

I was hoping to reverse my hearing loss a little ... and hope for a T cure...

25. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well your 45 that's normal hearing loss unless you spent those 45 in the desert or in a covent as a monk or something
      Did you ?

• Like Like x 1
    26. Katarina
      Scared

Katarina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma caused by Acoustic Reflex Threshold Test
      Hello everyone. A month ago I tried laser in my country, with Dr. Procházka, who has published several papers on the success of LLLT in the treatment of tinnitus in his practice. I only had 1 session, which unfortunately made my tinnitus significantly worse! I have been struggling with Tinnitus for 6 years, so I know "my" tinnitus and can positively say that it has never been as bad as it is now, following that one session. The doctor says that he used a lower than normal setting because of my self-proclaimed sensitivity, so I am wondering whether the worsening is down to the annoying beeping sound that accompanied the functioning of the laser machine. I found it almost painfully loud. Does anyone here have similar experience of significant worsening after just one session? Should I carry on with laser therapy in the hope that my tinnitus will change again but to a level that is easier to live with? This one is pretty difficult to function with ... Thank you in advance!

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Katarina
      so your saying that a single hearing test in 1986 gave you permanent T and now the beeping sounds of the machine are responsible for a worsening ??

28. Katarina
      Scared

Katarina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bobby B, no, you are getting things muddled up. I did not mention any test in 1986 (I think you are referring to the Acoustic Reflex Threshold Test, which I mention in my profile, which was performed on my ears in 2011 and which indeed caused me permanent Hyperacusis and Tinnitus). Here I am talking specifically about the application of laser and my experience of it.

29. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Apparently it is kinda normal to have an increase of tinnitus after the first sessions. Maybe try without the beep ask him if he can turn it off

30. Katarina
      Scared

Katarina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @VRZ78 unfortunately, there is no way to turn the beeping sound off. He tried but it is part of the package .. If I knew that a huge spike in tinnitus is normal during the first session and that it always gets better with further applications, I would get the home kit designed by Wilden and try that. I just don't want to make things even worse - they are already very bad.